Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-22-2018, 11:51 AM

Default Community pasture access

Anybody know if public access is still allowed in the remount and buffalo-atlee community pastures on north side of suffield base???tried calling contacts i could find but cant get hold of them.any help would be appreciated as it took ten years to draw the trophy antelope tag.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:07 PM

Try leaving your name and phone number when phoning for access permission.
Give me a call if you want, I might have some other ideas. 403 288-3770
Old 09-26-2018, 04:31 PM

As far as I know, public access is allowed. Just follow existing 2 tracks, and leave gates how you found them. You can contact Special Areas to see if there is any other restrictions.

LC
Old 09-26-2018, 06:36 PM

We received permission on both community pastures. Buffalo atlee was very nice and accommodating and remount not so much but they did give permission. We called the contacts found online but it did take awhile. I think the fellow from remount was maybe just getting tired of all the calls he was getting.
Old 10-22-2022, 04:36 AM

Default Buffalo Atlee Access

I am hearing that Special areas is divesting themselves of the 2 south public lands pastures - Buffalo Atlee and Remount. They are supposed to be turning them over to a grazing coop by the end of this year (2022) The grazing coop members are mostly large ranches in the area that have all their land posted and allow no hunting and hear they are planning on trying to do that with these new coop's. We need to be contacting the goverment and voicing our concern's over this before it gets off the ground. They are also notorious for really over grazing hard which will reduce the number and quality of wildlife in the area.

JF
Old 10-22-2022, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterCogburn View Post
I am hearing that Special areas is divesting themselves of the 2 south public lands pastures - Buffalo Atlee and Remount. They are supposed to be turning them over to a grazing coop by the end of this year (2022) The grazing coop members are mostly large ranches in the area that have all their land posted and allow no hunting and hear they are planning on trying to do that with these new coop's. We need to be contacting the goverment and voicing our concern's over this before it gets off the ground. They are also notorious for really over grazing hard which will reduce the number and quality of wildlife in the area.

JF

Its getting ridiculous everywhere with those pastures and grazing leases pretty soon u will have to own property to be able to hunt!! Lots of concerns i been hearing from guys that hunt grazing leases,community pastures!! But who to voice those concerns to? I tried to contact one land ranger about me being denied on grazing lease because the guy keep his cattle til Christmas which is not true the land ranger reply with short email after 2 weeks to tell me (yeah he have the right to deny you) so yeah good luck no buddy give crap about our concerns or wild life habitat its all about $$$$$$$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk