Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-01-2009, 10:02 PM

Default Brian Knight legal defence fund

By now most people have probably heard of the events that happened on his Tees area farm. As a result of the event Brian has been charged with 7-8 different charges when he should be given a metal for protecting what is his property. A legal defence fund has been set up at the ATB. Transit # 856-219-1186485-01. Account #856-1186485-01. Its funny how the Police used his name in there press release but forgot to mention the names of the three guys stealing his property in the middle of the night.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:04 PM

Is this the guy that shot the people who were running away with stolen goods?
Old 04-01-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
Is this the guy that shot the people who were running away with stolen goods?
Yes it is.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:08 PM

Yes it is. Go to the Red Deer Advocate web site and look under provincial news.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:13 PM

Deleted

Last edited by Rackmastr; 04-02-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:20 PM

I see there's a couple of different articles about this one names him one doesn't:
http://www.albertalocalnews.com/redd..._42241447.html
http://www.albertalocalnews.com/redd..._41954202.html
While I agree it's BS that the other slugs weren't named could it not do Mr Knight some good to publish his name so people can donate to his defence fund?
For all the other causes I end up throwing a couple of bucks at this is as good as any I'm going to contribute. Heck that could have just of easily been my dad on his farm or maybe even my brother on his. My dad may have been a little slow on the trigger but I could easily see my brother in the same pickle as Mr Knight.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Banned

Shooting at someone if your life is in danger is one thing..

Shooting at someone who stole your quad is attempted murder.

Ok then...let the hate begin..
Old 04-01-2009, 11:53 PM

these scum are outlaws ie
A fugitive from the law.
A habitual criminal.
A rebel; a nonconformist: a social outlaw.
A person excluded from normal legal protection and rights.

if you operate outside the law , then you shouldnt expect protection by the law . so fair game. Time and time again the law fails ordinary working people.
but gives more rights to the criminal .
remember when seconds count the cops are only (rural ) a couple of days away to file the report
im sure were going to see more of this.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:21 AM

Why is there a need for a defence fund?

There is different levels of severity that should be settled in the Court. IMO there is a difference between blowing a kid away and taking a shot at them to tell them not to come back.....maybe Mr. Knight stepped over the line...maybe not.

What I suggest he do is go hire a lawyer that doesn't break the bank. Tell him to tell the Judge that he is an accomplished marksman and knows the ballistics and blah blah bla. How he only got him with a few pellets much like just like Dad taught him and how he used to shoot rabbits and only hit them with one or two pellets....."Ya know, so ya don't wreck the pelt yer Honour".

The kid was only in the hospital for a bit.......good shot.

This situation diffused after the gun came out with not much damage. Good thing that the kids ran when he had the gun as it could have turned out a lot worse.

In the end the gun diffused the situation and this is showing gun ownership in a postitive light. Three guys on one without one is not not gonna be good. At the end of the day had he not had the gun he'd be the guy in the ditch. That being said IMO he should have shot a little higher

We have the right to protect ourselves and our property.

If 5000 of us gave $50 the guy would be getting $250 000

I'd walk into the court room and tell them exactly what I did

I would not be paying that kind of $$ to a lawyer.....crap, they give ya one for free if you want

Personally I'd use a friends brother's buddy for $5000 and be done with it...but each to their own.

I don't think we should turn this into a reward system for shooting people and this thread should be used to discuss the details of the case and personal opinions.

If Mr. Knight really wants our help let him come on here and ask and he can show us where the money is going and how much he needs.

Someone more adventurous than I should start a poll on what he should choose between "Judge alone" or "Jury".

I'd choose "Judge alone".

tm

Last edited by Tundra Monkey; 04-02-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post

Living up to your name again jester, as well as showing your ignorance......ever been robbed??
Old 01-09-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:

Don't you have a birthday comng up?
Old 04-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Banned

Default Defence??

Hello all...

Some of you might remember a few years back when a SW Calgary pharmacist shoot and killed a robber who had attempted to rob his pharmacy... In that instance the robber fled when the pharmacist pulled out a shotgun, had left the pharmacy and was running across the street when the pharmacist chased after him, and fatally shot him in the back as he ran... He was charged (subject to check) with 2nd degree murder, was tried by judge and jury and was acquitted...

Similar circumstances to the current situation except the thief was not killed... There is hope...

Personally, my home has been broken into twice in the last 2 years, my truck has been broken into three times in the same period but on different occasions and I have had items stolen from my yard... I can understand how a person might be inclined to react if they caught the thief(s) in the act... I think a jury would as well...

Best regards

Mike

ps. I have beefed up security since the thefts and so far all is well...
Old 04-02-2009, 03:16 PM

Default jeez...

Quote:
Originally Posted by msawyer View Post
Personally, my home has been broken into twice in the last 2 years, my truck has been broken into three times in the same period but on different occasions and I have had items stolen from my yard... I can understand how a person might be inclined to react if they caught the thief(s) in the act... I think a jury would as well...

Are u from detroit by chance?
Old 04-02-2009, 10:42 PM

Default Brian Knight

I think we should all be as strong as Brian for protecting his family and property, The people that think he was wrong should stop and think about the tax dollars that were spent protecting the crimanls. Airliffting a non life threating injury, the Rcmp wages on this, the court fees, if we can not protect what we have worked so hard for what do we have. If we slow down one guys career of theft (probably to support a drug habbit) then we would be able to spend more tax dollars on somethig important like your childs health or schooling.

Last edited by DanBer; 04-02-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBer View Post
I think we should all be as strong as Brian for protecting his family and property, The people that think he was wrong should stop and think about the tax dollars that were spent protecting the crimanls. Airliffting a non life threating injury, the Rcmp wages on this, the court fees, if we can not protect what we have worked so hard for what do we have. If we slow down one guys career of theft (probably to support a drug habbit) then we would be able to spend more tax dollars on somethig important like your childs health or schooling.
And what if your kid is a druggie and steals things??

Should we shoot him in the back?
Old 04-02-2009, 10:57 PM

Default Brian Knight

You should maybe find out the facts before you talk. He had two pieces of buckshot in his back or posible two bruises. Also my kids are not druggie's. But if they were then they would have to suffer the consiquences. And I would applaud whom ever had to teach them right from wrong.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
And what if your kid is a druggie and steals things??

Should we shoot him in the back?

It would be more pleasant than the punishment his dear ol' dad had waiting for him.

Having been a victim of theft quite recently, i understand the emotions Mr Knight was feeling at the time. A combination of absolute rage, desperation and a terrible feeling of personal violation all come to mind. If you can't impart that emotional hurt upon those who are causing it, then some physical hurt is in order.

The theif should just be glad he wasn't caught at my place, i am all out of buckshot, and may have had to resort to slugs
Old 04-03-2009, 09:20 AM

Not the back, Send a load or two of shot, or even better rock salt, in their ass. Because obviously, they didn't get their ass tanned enough when they were young so we've got a lot of catching up to do.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Banned

Default good going

Sorry, I have a hard time feeling sorry for these thieves.

What are Mr. Knight's options going to be as far as a jury trial? And what options will be available to a jury? Will the local prosecutor push to move this case to an urban court setting? I know that in a small town area no matter what the "law" is a jury of good ole boys would have no problem in giving the judge the finger and sending Mr. Knight home with a medal pinned on his chest.

I know it sounds like he broke the law, but, dammit, maybe we wouldn't be forced into these acts of frustration IF the courts would lock these losers up in the first place. As far as I'm concerned the people responsible for these punks getting shot (after the punks themselves) are those in the justice system that see to it that these rapscallions are free to terrorize the good citizens of the countryside.

And another thing. I get damned sick and tired of hearing police tell us law abiding citizens that WE need to use a "club" or get extra locks, or hide stuff away etc. THEY (meaning the justice system not necessarily the police) need to start getting these punks off the streets and locked up. Almost every one of these cases involves thugs that were "known to local law enforcement". DUH! One chance for a mistake and then LOCK THEM UP for some serious time. The Alberta Stimulus package could be building prisons.

If I was on the jury for this guy he would be walking. And if I was the judge I would be chastising the local constabulary/prosecutor for bothering him and his family with charges. Time for the "people" to start taking this country back.

good to be back by the way.
Rug
Old 04-04-2009, 02:42 PM

Thumbs up Self defence

I copied the posting about the defence fund then e-mailed it to everybody I know. I thought that it would help get the word around. He did the right thing. It is his right to defend his home, and property. It is my right to help defend his actions with a contribution.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:48 PM

Question Lets think outside the box a minute here.....

I keep hearing on this and different websites, "is it worth shooting someone for steeling your quad", good question, but heres one back at ya's...

Is steeling a quad worth getting shot over? Especially if ya steel it from someone who is AS WILLING to step outside the law to PROTECT there property, as the theif is to REMOVE their property FROM them?

And where is the line that its ok to shoot someone for aggressive acts taken against you?

Well, ok, but....

How much are you willing to do before your not, as a theif, willing to get shot at????

For some, steeling property is the most important thing they do in there life, or thats their thought pattern.......
For others, there thought pattern is that the most important thing in life, is, PROTECTING the most important things in their lives......

Dont tread on me.......... because the most important thing in MY life, is in fact, PROTECTING the most important things i have in my live.

And yeah, my quad is more important to me, than a "pill-heads" fix is to him.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Bighorn madness

What a read real interesting some good points and some confusing I for one wouldn't give a dime to help Just my 2 cent.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:04 PM

Police had to charge Knight. There is no discretion available there given the circumstances. It's not like the police have the authority to just walk away from it.

Personally, I couldn't care less if he had killed the guy.

Problem is, the scenario doesn't allow for much by way of interpretation or contradiction in favour of Knight.

Canadian law does not allow for shooting someone who is fleeing, UNLESS there is a reasonable belief that the person's escape may cause death or grievious bodily harm to another person. And you had better have your story straight on that one, as a judge will decide what is "reasonable" in the circumstance......

I feel for Knight, I really do. And I hope he is acquitted. But I have my doubts.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Banned

There has been a lot of testosterone floating about in this thread and that's a good thing..

But...Ask yourself this question..

Would you shoot someone in the back and possibly kill them over a Quad?

Before you go all Bubba on me...think of the repercussions(s/p),ok?

Are you willing to go to jail??
Old 04-04-2009, 09:54 PM

If the Judges keep letting people like these off with slaps on the wrist there will be a lot more of these incidents. I can see why he did it. What would happen if he had simply called the police???? The same thieves would be stealing someone elses quad the next night.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmc View Post
If the Judges keep letting people like these off with slaps on the wrist there will be a lot more of these incidents. I can see why he did it. What would happen if he had simply called the police???? The same thieves would be stealing someone elses quad the next night.
Well then perhaps we need some new Judges?

Old 04-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Banned

Default for the sake of discussion

How much leeway does a jury have in this instance? Is it feasible that a jury of his "peers" could find him innocent of all charges EVEN if he is technically guilty. Would the judge be able to declare a mistrial or some other such thing?

Just curious. Because it seems to me that an upstanding citizen "spanking" a miscreant in a local community should have a fairly easy skate if the jury is given enough latitude to give him a pass.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:13 AM

Want to contribute to Brian's fund from B.C. What is the bank's name? The only mistake he made was calling the police. Shoot the guy, dump him at a hospital hogtied. If he's dead, drop his body off in the bush for the coyotes.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazeejjs View Post
Want to contribute to Brian's fund from B.C. What is the bank's name? The only mistake he made was calling the police. Shoot the guy, dump him at a hospital hogtied. If he's dead, drop his body off in the bush for the coyotes.
You can find all pertinent info here.

http://www.brianknightlegalfund.com/

Cheers
Old 04-05-2009, 11:31 AM

personally i dont B Knight, but any of the clan i have met are stand up, respectable and responsible people.
The family name is rock solid in the community that they have been supporting for generations.
If the role was reversed, i know what side they would be on.
I wish the family all the best
roger

weatherby fans clik here....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/group.php?groupid=31