Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 12-08-2019, 11:17 AM

Default Coyote legholds

Hey there.
I have finally got some time to get to trapping some properties I have permission on.
I can use some snare on a couple of them no problem. One particular property has so many deer it is problematic to set snares. Every coyotes trail is a deer trail, every fence crossed by coyotes is used be deer. When I hunt this property I have to wait for herds of deer to cross my truck just to park. Anyway, I’m looking for a half dozen legal footholds to set in some fence corners.
Anyone local or fairly local to Airdrie have any sitting around. I’ll pay, thats not a issue. Let me know, thanks,
Tullfan
Old 12-09-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tullfan View Post
Hey there.
I have finally got some time to get to trapping some properties I have permission on.
I can use some snare on a couple of them no problem. One particular property has so many deer it is problematic to set snares. Every coyotes trail is a deer trail, every fence crossed by coyotes is used be deer. When I hunt this property I have to wait for herds of deer to cross my truck just to park. Anyway, I’m looking for a half dozen legal footholds to set in some fence corners.
Anyone local or fairly local to Airdrie have any sitting around. I’ll pay, thats not a issue. Let me know, thanks,
Tullfan

I won't set a snare on a trail that has even one set of deer tracks.

You could use breakaways to let caught deer free, but I personally just dont set on any trail with deer tracks.

I find if I set up a really good bait site, the deer avoid the area..