Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-08-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
If you're hunting, why disable one of your most important senses, especially if you have to concerned about apex predators that might be after your hide ? Not like you're doing this daily and often.

Grizz

I don’t use hearing protection except for waterfowl hunting sometimes.
But it does only take one shot to do serious damage to your hearing.
It happened to my wife’s uncle at a family gathering. I brought some clay pigeons to shoot and when he took a turn he dropped from the damage that happened to his ear, the ringing never stopped and he has to use a hearing aid now.
It only takes one shot to do permanent damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2019, 06:09 PM

After loosing 100% hearing in my left ear within 12 months, I protect my right ear for anything over 70 decibels. I got a amazing hearing aid from Living Sounds, that is made by Soundgear and the slang model mane is "hunters ear" I don't know the actual name, but they refer to it as Hunters ear hearing aid. Anyway you can adjust the volume to the point I can hear a deer walking in power snow at 75 yards or more. It takes a bit of getting used to, because you think the forest is full of birds and squirrels because it amplifies the sounds so much. No animal sneaks up on me with these things. A mouse sounds like a squirrel, and a squirrel sounds like a moose coming. Here's the amazing part, when you pull the trigger, it cuts the noise down to the high quality customer ear plug that it is. Technology at work, so cool. It actually cuts out all noise at 75 decibels. Good for when I attend the Oilers hockey games too. I only have one good ear, so it was only $800.00 instead of double that for both ears. That might be too big of an obstacle for some, but I love it. With only one ear I can't tell direction the noise is coming from, but at least way I get a chance to see it before it sees my heads swivelling around trying to see the critter.
Have you ever heard guys talking out in the bush, but couldn't quite understand what they are saying, we these things bring it all in nice a clear. Be carful of how you talk out there, I can hear every word.
Tell Living Sounds, Barry from Kerr Interiors sent you.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NayNay View Post
Usually not. When I'm with my friends that hunt with rifles that have brakes, you bet I do. Still not sure why you need a brake on 6.5 Credmoor...
All those shooters who need to brake that little girls cartridge are wimps, wussy's and tender little men that should take up badminton instead. They are the type to wear slippers at home and do dishes. Like Trudeau.

Real men shoot un-braked, belt fed, magnums two at a time while wrestling alligators ............you know ............. like Chuck Norris