Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2019, 01:22 PM

Cool. Yeah, use your camera or sonar to find where the depth really changes and drops the most. Place your holes on either side and maybe one on the drop itself. It doesn't matter if the depth is different at the drop (8, 10 or whatever) it is more important to work the drop off.

Some people like to fish with the flasher. And some are very, very good with it. Not my cup of tea. That is my personal preference. I prefer to really see them and adjust to what I'm seeing. That and watching a fish trying to attack my lure is a little more exciting than seeing the bigger red line approach the green line... bah! Of course a flasher is used when you can't see at all...

You won't catch me laying on the ice. I'm sure others have done it but I like to be reasonably comfortable. A small one/two man shack would serve you well. Maybe think about picking one up next year. You can keep right in your permanent shack and then you can jump out with the portable shack whenever you want. I got the Shappell Bay Runner II for this year and is just plain awesome. Less than a minute to setup and and I keep it setup and move from hole to hole. That and it is dark in that tent. It's like light doesn't even exist
Makes for great visibility.