Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-21-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
one note, depending on the wind, placing tents in the areas without nailing them to the ground could require a tent chasing team as well . if we bring a few cordless drills it wont take long to set them up in the fishing spots. getting up that early I may need a red bull IV!

Good point WC, thats why you can see i have the equipment team helping to get equipment to the individuals area but the tent owners set up their own tents. Owners can set up their own tents faster and without damaging it, they will secure the tents with their own devices.

Also volunteers who secure their tents down with anchors and ropes, we need to mark the ropes with a high vis marker tape. This will warn people of a trip and fall area and prevent injury.

I think most of us are so excited to do this we wont be able to sleep.......kinda like a kid waiting for Santa.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
also i need volunteer input on how to bundle the draw prizes.

1- is it important that everyone in the draw prizes, gets a prize?
2- or should i try make each bundle a certain value which will definetly make option number 1 impossible?
3- what should the tickets cost?

Thank you to everyone who has donated items for the draw event, it a nice token of appreciation for the hard working volunteers.

P.s. My family will not be eligible for any prizes, we will conduct the draws to make all volunteers eligible

help me out everyone....this is your draw event, people have generously donated this to all of you. I just want it done the way you want...............chime in
Old 01-21-2012, 10:13 AM

BIG THANKS TO "anthony5" FOR A GENEROUS DONATION OF $100.00

anthony5 and his sons have been very helpful in many ways for the event. I hope all of them can make a appearance at the event

THANKS TO THE A5 FAMILY, YOUR GOOD PEOPLE AND I TRUELY APPRECIATE THE HELP YOUVE GIVEN ME
Old 01-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
one note, depending on the wind, placing tents in the areas without nailing them to the ground could require a tent chasing team as well . if we bring a few cordless drills it wont take long to set them up in the fishing spots. getting up that early I may need a red bull IV!
If Wayne is drinking red bull, I vote he be chasing the tents!
Old 01-21-2012, 12:36 PM

Default predrilling.

Just a thought that predrilling a bunch of holes without having the tents there might present a problem. Each tent has a somewhat unique footprint and requires specific hole spacing. Not only that but if there are going to be cameras they also need a seperate hole. Is there an opportunity to drill additional holes as needed during tent setup? Just thinking outloud.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslide View Post
Just a thought that predrilling a bunch of holes without having the tents there might present a problem. Each tent has a somewhat unique footprint and requires specific hole spacing. Not only that but if there are going to be cameras they also need a seperate hole. Is there an opportunity to drill additional holes as needed during tent setup? Just thinking outloud.

Good point MS.....Dago's drill team will drill pods of 4 outside holes and as TFG's equipment team gets tents in that spot each owner can then instruct the drill team where to place the tent holes.

Dago has a well staffed Drill Team and i believe can work things out on the run.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:58 PM

Mudslide: 2 four man ice tents and 1 double flip over ice tent, several tip ups and 3 Flashers and 3 Fish Cameras.

So once the equipment list is complete we can map a grid.

You are providing alot of tents and i want them grouped together so you are near your equipment. You know best how to set them up.
Dagos Team can drill the outside and tipup holes in pods until the tents get to there specific area. Then the owners can instruct precisely where the tent holes need to go.

im open to any ideas to make the plan better
thanks
Old 01-21-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Also i need volunteer input on how to bundle the draw prizes.

1- is it important that everyone in the draw prizes, gets a prize?
2- or should i try make each bundle a certain value which will definetly make option number 1 impossible?
3- what should the tickets cost?

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS DONATED ITEMS FOR THE DRAW EVENT, IT A NICE TOKEN OF APPRECIATION FOR THE HARD WORKING VOLUNTEERS.

p.s. my family will not be eligible for any prizes, we will conduct the draws to make all volunteers eligible
Heres just a thought Put all prizes on a table sell the tickets for (20.00) open
to debate just a idea at this time. We draw a ticket lucky person walks up and takes his or hers pick of two or three or five however the math works out. Draw next ticket repeat until all of the prizes are collected.This keeps it a luck of the draw system. And specking of cource on my behafe olny.I would never enter a draw thinking Iam going to win anything just knowing my
donation will be used for a great cause is good enough for me.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:21 PM

Default Prize Donation

One Guided trip to Lake Newell With Kelly Lyle of the Fishin Hole

To the lucky raffle prize winner will come a fully guided one day
Fishing Adventure. That will include full use of my equipment and
I do mean full use. My boat will be "OUR" boat for the Day You will
have a chance to run the trolling motors Learn how the fish finders
work. Drive the main engine (subject to haveing a operators LIC).
Bait will be profided from the Fishin Hole.Lunch will be provided by
me menu options will be discussed with the lucky winner of cource.

Im so stoked to take the lucky volunteer that wins this prize out
because to me you are all the Salt of The Earth and this Event
means so much. These kids are in for a real treat. Kelly Lyle
Old 01-21-2012, 05:26 PM

For the volunteer draw, I also say 20 a ticket. the money will be going for a good cause and thats a cheap donation anyway you look at it. I feel kind of torn about the volunteer draw, not the reason at all I want to help out. Maybe Chubb could donate a day on the ice with him to learn about walleye fishing, thats something Id be in for, Ive done good this winter fishing for them, but its pretty much 99 and 1/2 % pure luck, be nice to learn from a pro.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 01-21-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOGSLAYER View Post
One Guided trip to Lake Newell With Kelly Lyle of the Fishin Hole

To the lucky raffle prize winner will come a fully guided one day
Fishing Adventure. That will include full use of my equipment and
I do mean full use. My boat will be "OUR" boat for the Day You will
have a chance to run the trolling motors Learn how the fish finders
work. Drive the main engine (subject to haveing a operators LIC).
Bait will be profided from the Fishin Hole.Lunch will be provided by
me menu options will be discussed with the lucky winner of cource.

Im so stoked to take the lucky volunteer that wins this prize out
because to me you are all the Salt of The Earth and this Event
means so much. These kids are in for a real treat. Kelly Lyle

woot woot....thanks buddy. Huge Donation
I wish i was eligible...be great to watch you bait my hooks...lol
Old 01-21-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Heres just a thought Put all prizes on a table sell the tickets for (20.00) open
to debate just a idea at this time. We draw a ticket lucky person walks up and takes his or hers pick of two or three or five however the math works out. Draw next ticket repeat until all of the prizes are collected.This keeps it a luck of the draw system. And specking of cource on my behafe olny.I would never enter a draw thinking Iam going to win anything just knowing my
donation will be used for a great cause is good enough for me.

Then its decided.....i have to conclude some things and lock things down as done, so i can finally get a feeling that the concrete is setting up

Tickets are 20 bucks
All prizes will be out on display
First ticket pulled come up and picks 2or3 single items from table
so on and so on till all prizes are gone.Number to be determined later.
money will either be used to get us flush if its excess it will be donated to the Make a Wish Foundation, this way we spread our wings and help even more Children.

Thanks HogSlayer for always being only a phone call away day or night for me to bounce ideas off of. At times ive reached points of massive confussion with all thats going on and our talks truely help Bro.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
For the volunteer draw, I also say 20 a ticket. the money will be going for a good cause and thats a cheap donation anyway you look at it. I feel kind of torn about the volunteer draw, not the reason at all I want to help out. Maybe Chubb could donate a day on the ice with him to learn about walleye fishing, thats something Id be in for, Ive done good this winter fishing for them, but its pretty much 99 and 1/2 % pure luck, be nice to learn from a pro.

WC through out this its been completely evident where your heart is and i thank you for that. Your right its about the Children.

Chubb will happily donate a day on the ice chasing eyes.
My concern is the closure of the season is near after the event is over. I guess i could honour it the following season. Let me think about it, I'll figure something out. I will also make a kit of my favorite eye ice lures, that will include custom painted and rattled Phoebes and my most successful ChubbyDarters as a draw prize.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
WC through out this its been completely evident where your heart is and i thank you for that. Your right its about the Children.

Chubb will happily donate a day on the ice chasing eyes.
My concern is the closure of the season is near after the event is over. I guess i could honour it the following season. Let me think about it, I'll figure something out. I will also make a kit of my favorite eye ice lures, that will include custom painted and rattled Phoebes and my most successful ChubbyDarters as a draw prize.
That would be an awesome prize, especially after all the work and time you have put in with this event. Ive learnt a lot about eyes just reading your posts, between you and Dago my beginners knowledge of fishing in these parts has gone through the roof. Now if only my luck would follow along

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 01-21-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
That would be an awesome prize, especially after all the work and time you have put in with this event. Ive learnt a lot about eyes just reading your posts, between you and Dago my beginners knowledge of fishing in these parts has gone through the roof. Now if only my luck would follow along

Well i garantee....you and me are getting together after the event for a.....HEY WE DID IT CELEBRATION FISH DAY............and you know where we are going....ahhahhahahhahahah. Big EYES thats your warning!!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Well i garantee....you and me are getting together after the event for a.....HEY WE DID IT CELEBRATION FISH DAY............and you know where we are going....ahhahhahahhahahah. Big EYES thats your warning!!!!
that will be awesome. Going to fish it one day next weekend just to practice up. I want to get one of those hog eyes through the ice this time! wont be too hard to beat that one I caught Thursday, most of my bait is bigger than that!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 01-21-2012, 08:35 PM

Okay Guys, this time i really need suggestions.
Im the one always beotching about transparency so heres my confession.

As we all know the Atco tent and grills are planned to be part of the event.
During the start of the discussions i had asked who's insurance covers the equipment. No answer.
I was told Atco set up and tore down the Tent, I asked again who's responsible for insurance.
I became swamped with permits and legalities for the event and kinda trusted and assummed Atco's donation was without strings.
Well Friday i get a Surprize app form that wants me to sign personally for all responsibilty with a Hold Harmless clause. To make things even worst i need to file the forms by Jan 27th,
This is not Atco's fault, as a large company it gives them excellent exposure with no risks involved.
This is not the equipment teams fault or the liason to Atco. This is 100% my fault for not checking and double checking all the legalities of every single portion of the event.

K enough cry baby bedwetter stuff. The event cant really afford to carry a Hold Harmless clause.
Im going to try some Tent rental companies on Monday.
If anyone has any ideas what we can do in alternate, please post up.
The tent was going to provide a out of wind area and a warm up area for groups. Most important it was our cook shack to cook and layout our food and beverages.

Im sorry to all for my mistakes

I REPEAT THIS IS MY FAULT AND MY FAULT ONLY
Old 01-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Banned

Terry, take a deep breath. We'll have lots of ice tents, and i'm sure we can use them to warm up the kids or the volunteers. There's alot of things that would be "nice to haves" but buddy, we're going ice fishing.

I know all about plan for the worst and hope for the best, but if worse comes to worse i'm sure the busses will still be there.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Terry, take a deep breath. We'll have lots of ice tents, and i'm sure we can use them to warm up the kids or the volunteers. There's alot of things that would be "nice to haves" but buddy, we're going ice fishing.

I know all about plan for the worst and hope for the best, but if worse comes to worse i'm sure the busses will still be there.
X2, is not TFG bringing his walltent? maybe we can find someone else with one if he isnt, that should be plenty big enough for the food, we had one setup on Gull for the AO gathering a couple winters ago and it worked very well. even a couple 6 man tents would hold food tables, and we can always do the cooking outside.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 01-21-2012, 09:51 PM

Guys,,,what if i rent a 8x24 cargo trailer.
its low to the ground and will be a safe wind break to have cooking being done outside.
Trailer will have tables lined up with all drink mixes and hot dog condiments inside.

Kids pick up warm hot dogs and bun outside climb the clean traction drop door and and go fix their hotdog.

A volunteer will be inside with the hot water dispenser and do dispensing to prevent injuries to Children.

All cups, napkins, individual drink packs, marshmellows, ketchup, mustard, will be inside and be less affercted by wind.

Thoughts?
Old 01-22-2012, 06:45 AM

Give me until Mon, Jan23 I have access to 20'by14' event tent.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago View Post
Give me until Mon, Jan23 I have access to 20'by14' event tent.
I booked that week off, if the county doesnt mind I can help set it up Friday, was thinking of going down there anyways. be nice if we could set it up in the bay by the boatlaunch so it doesnt catch the full wind.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 01-22-2012, 11:36 AM

Dago, WC....im preparing a E-mail that will go out today to all involved with suggestions. Thanks guys
Old 01-23-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Guys,,,what if i rent a 8x24 cargo trailer.
its low to the ground and will be a safe wind break to have cooking being done outside.
Trailer will have tables lined up with all drink mixes and hot dog condiments inside.

Kids pick up warm hot dogs and bun outside climb the clean traction drop door and and go fix their hotdog.

A volunteer will be inside with the hot water dispenser and do dispensing to prevent injuries to Children.

All cups, napkins, individual drink packs, marshmellows, ketchup, mustard, will be inside and be less affercted by wind.

Thoughts?
Its not a bad idea Terry Where do we rent one and how much?
Old 01-23-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Its not a bad idea Terry Where do we rent one and how much?

We will discuss furthur at todays event meeting. Do not begin any fund raising, I'll pay if its decided we go this route. My mistake.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
We will discuss furthur at todays event meeting. Do not begin any fund raising, I'll pay if its decided we go this route. My mistake.
dont think so. Im sure we can scare up enough funds to cover a trailer if needed

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 01-23-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
dont think so. Im sure we can scare up enough funds to cover a trailer if needed
X2
Old 01-23-2012, 09:00 PM

Couple options in the works guys.......lets see what happens.

Sorry for the mistakes ive made but they will get fixed and this will be a huge success.

Thanks Everyone
Old 01-23-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Couple options in the works guys.......lets see what happens.

Sorry for the mistakes ive made but they will get fixed and this will be a huge success.

Thanks Everyone
if you "didnt" make a few mistakes along the way Id be a lot more worried, this is a pretty big event with a whole lotta details. keep up the good work!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 01-23-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
x2 What Wayne said.