Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-25-2024, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I just heard from some that lives there that 40 mile will not be getting any water this year, it is already down around 12'.
Don't worry, I've heard that things are going to be just fine.
Old 04-25-2024, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I just heard from some that lives there that 40 mile will not be getting any water this year, it is already down around 12'.
Forty mile is down at least twenty feet and at around fifty percent. If it goes down ten more pretty sure no boat launch. Many docks are beached as well as the park dock. That would compare to 2001 when you could walk way past the bottom of the launch. I believe if it goes down much more the fishing will take many years to recover. Need rain soon and lots of timely rain.
Old 04-26-2024, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post

I'm looking forward to seeing the results from Deadhorse.
I'm in Hussar right now working. I can look out back from the credit union and I am doubtful that anyone will have anything to weigh in at the end of the day.
Old 04-26-2024, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
Lets hope it goes up a bit. Ghost is nice to boat around but I am not that great at catching trout, Pine coulee is pretty much guaranteed to catch little walleye and odd pike.
Are there still walleye in pine coulee? they haven't been all fished out yet? My kids want to go fish for some walleye, thought about taking them there... but heard it is nowhere near what it used to be. I havent been in a number of years.
Old 04-26-2024, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stc77 View Post
Are there still walleye in pine coulee? they haven't been all fished out yet? My kids want to go fish for some walleye, thought about taking them there... but heard it is nowhere near what it used to be. I havent been in a number of years.
Tons of them based on Litwin's video from last year. And that is what is interesting about this reservoir - more than 6 years of catch and keep 3 no size limit walleye and they are still there in decent numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfuYpy_Lr3k
Old 04-26-2024, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stc77 View Post
If you are thinking about when you could sit on the dock and catch one after the other that is not gonna happen.

Most shore fisherman now have a tougher time than what it was 6 or 7n yrs ago. There is still walleye to be caught but not as easy from shore as it used to be, also not as easy jigging from a boat like it was . Also no more bait is allowed so if you use artificial make sure it is unscented.
Old 04-27-2024, 08:10 AM

Will be trying to get in a little more fishing this year before they empty out the lakes again
Old 04-27-2024, 09:46 AM

Has anyone used the boat launch at pine coulee yet? Just wondering if the water level is high enough to launch most boats. I haven’t been there for a few years but heard that it was pretty low last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2024, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragweed View Post
Has anyone used the boat launch at pine coulee yet? Just wondering if the water level is high enough to launch most boats. I haven’t been there for a few years but heard that it was pretty low last year.

Looks like it is low but doable based on this recent YouTube post:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Aq_puULQrFs

They don't get big by being dumb.
Old 04-27-2024, 10:06 PM

Thank you.

Old 04-29-2024, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
Tons of them based on Litwin's video from last year. And that is what is interesting about this reservoir - more than 6 years of catch and keep 3 no size limit walleye and they are still there in decent numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfuYpy_Lr3k
Guess that’s what happens when they have trout flavoured forage… good benchmark for how to improve a fishery with forage.