Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-21-2017, 12:17 PM

Default How to post photos on this forum

Since many are having difficulties with posting their photos, I figured I will waste some time and try to be of help.

There are a couple of options. I will post the first option now and will add to this thread at a later time for another option(s).

This is the way I started doing it after the photobucket went down the drain and I think this the way to do it since you are not dependent on any of the third party image hosting sites. I have never done it from my phone or a tablet though, so I am not sure how that would work, but I can try and add some instructions later on if needed. I usually add the photos from my laptop, but it is exactly the same procedure to add them from your desktop computer (unless you have a Mac, which could potentially be slightly different).

Step one: Below the submit new thread/preview post buttons, you will see the "additional options" section. In that section, click "manage attachments" button:

You will have a new little window pop up.

Step two: In the new window that popped up, click "choose file" button:

In the next window you will have to navigate to the location on the file (image) you want to post and select it:

Not to draw you into confusion, here I have selected the the very first image in this post, so the circled area in the image above has nothing to do with this step.

So you simply double-click on the file you want to attach (or click once and then click open) and you will be taken back to the little window that popped up in step one. Simply click "upload" button:

Note that once you select the file, its name will appear next to the choose file button. In the case above, you see "Step one.png" next to the button and this is in fact the name of the first image in this post. Once the image is uploaded, you will see the name in the "current attachments" list:

So far I have uploaded four images, which have been added to the "current attachments" list.

At this point you can submit your post and the images you attached will be visible as attachments to your post and the reader will have to click on them one by one in order to view full size images. I go a step further to make it more convenient for the reader and link the image to my post where I would like it to be. This way the full image is visible in the post to begin with exactly where I meant to be, just like you see through this "manual"

Step three: In the list of the "current attachments", right-click on the image you want to be linked directly to your post and left-click on "copy link address":

I use Google Chrome as my browser, but if you are using something else, the "copy link address" could be something else; however, it will always have the same idea and will be obvious (for instance "copy url" or something along the lines).

Now go to the place in the post where you want the image to be placed and type [img]. Then press "Ctrl+V" (or right-click and select "paste') and type [/img]. Will look like this:
Code:
[img]the link to your attachment[/img]
Click "preview post" and see if it worked, then submit it if you like what you see.
Other tips: You want to have a space between the line of text and the [img][/img] thing. You also want to have a space between the [img][/img] thing and the next line of text. If linking several images in a row, make sure to have a space between each one of them as well. It will just look cleaner Also, when previewing the post, check your spelling
Old 08-21-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
Since many are having difficulties with posting their photos, I figured I will waste some time and try to be of help.

There are a couple of options. I will post the first option now and will add to this thread at a later time for another option(s).

This is the way I started doing it after the photobucket went down the drain and I think this the way to do it since you are not dependent on any of the third party image hosting sites. I have never done it from my phone or a tablet though, so I am not sure how that would work, but I can try and add some instructions later on if needed. I usually add the photos from my laptop, but it is exactly the same procedure to add them from your desktop computer (unless you have a Mac, which could potentially be slightly different).

Step one: Below the submit new thread/preview post buttons, you will see the "additional options" section. In that section, click "manage attachments" button:

In the next window you will have to navigate to the location on the file (image) you want to post and select it:

Not to draw you into confusion, here I have selected the the very first image in this post, so the circled area in the image above has nothing to do with this step.

So you simply double-click on the file you want to attach (or click once and then click open) and you will be taken back to the little window that popped up in step one. Simply click "upload" button:

Note that once you select the file, its name will appear next to the choose file button. In the case above, you see "Step one.png" next to the button and this is in fact the name of the first image in this post. Once the image is uploaded, you will see the name in the "current attachments" list:

So far I have uploaded four images, which have been added to the "current attachments" list.

At this point you can submit your post and the images you attached will be visible as attachments to your post and the reader will have to click on them one by one in order to view full size images. I go a step further to make it more convenient for the reader and link the image to my post where I would like it to be. This way the full image is visible in the post to begin with exactly where I meant to be, just like you see through this "manual"

Step three: In the list of the "current attachments", right-click on the image you want to be linked directly to your post and left-click on "copy link address":

I use Google Chrome as my browser, but if you are using something else, the "copy link address" could be something else; however, it will always have the same idea and will be obvious (for instance "copy url" or something along the lines).

Now go to the place in the post where you want the image to be placed and type [img]. Then press "Ctrl+V" (or right-click and select "paste') and type [/img]. Will look like this:
Code:
Click "preview post" and see if it worked, then submit it if you like what you see.
Other tips: You want to have a space between the line of text and the [img][/img] thing. You also want to have a space between the [img][/img] thing and the next line of text. If linking several images in a row, make sure to have a space between each one of them as well. It will just look cleaner Also, when previewing the post, check your spelling

what are all those blue question mark thingies in boxes that don't respond?

------------------------------------------------------------

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology
Old 08-21-2017, 02:40 PM

Don't think I have seen one. Can you provide an example?
Old 08-21-2017, 03:05 PM

Hey Bub. All I see in your posts of pics is a little black box with a X through it. No pics at all. I use Imgur. Pretty easy.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 08-21-2017, 03:13 PM

Really? I see everything just fine. Do you see this?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (46.1 KB, 98 views)
Old 08-21-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
Don't think I have seen one. Can you provide an example?

how about six?

-------------------------------------------
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blue thingies.jpg (38.3 KB, 17 views)

Old 08-21-2017, 03:16 PM

[QUOTE=Bub;3607530]Really? I see everything just fine. Do you see this?

Yup

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 08-21-2017, 03:22 PM

Ya see this Bub?

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 08-21-2017, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeky View Post
how about six?
-------------------------------------------
Ha! Interesting. I wonder wtf happened.

You can see my screenshot above your post and that is what I see right now. In fact, I can see it in the quote of the whole thing you made as well. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda450 View Post
Yup
Thanks. Will fix when I get the chance.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda450 View Post
Ya see this Bub?

now that's how u post an attachment-lol

------------------------------------------------

Old 08-21-2017, 03:35 PM

Code:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Step one.jpg (28.6 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg Step two a.jpg (31.8 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg Step two b.jpg (32.1 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg Step two c.jpg (33.1 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg Step two d.jpg (33.8 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg Step three a.jpg (31.4 KB, 85 views)
Old 08-21-2017, 03:36 PM

Works now?
Old 08-21-2017, 10:58 PM

Can anyone comment whether or not you can see the images in post #11?
Old 08-21-2017, 11:03 PM

yup i can see them - not sure if i understand them however but i will look at them some more
Cat
Old 08-21-2017, 11:45 PM

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/attac...1&d=1503380209

Thanks Bub
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1001.jpg (79.1 KB, 48 views)