Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-21-2017, 10:09 AM

Default Glock 35

Any ideas of what may have happened that the Glock 35 shot the Winnipeg Police officer? Not quite sure what to make of this story.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...lock-1.4252937
Old 08-21-2017, 10:38 AM

I saw a case like this a while back where the officer's jacket was snagged inside the holster. When the officer bent over or shifted the jacket pulled up and the snap on the corner of the jacket pulled the trigger. Might have been a drawstring closure. Maybe something similar?
Old 08-21-2017, 02:08 PM

One would have to see the holster to have a good idea. Most holsters that I am aware of have the trigger completely blocked for safety for reasons just like this, without even confirming I'm sure it would be a department policy for any officers holster to block their trigger. As noted something like a drawstring or similar that got snagged when holstering could be at play.

I wear a heavy duty key ring clip on my belt that I got from a police equipment store and I've had it snag things on occasion, that or one of the key rings hanging from it picking my own pocket by snagging the pocket clip on my folding pocket knife when I'm seated and pulling it out of my pocket when I stand up. I don't wear siamesed key rings anymore to avoid that.