Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-22-2019, 07:56 PM

Default BC Salmon Fishing

My parents are coming to visit from the east coast this summer and they are wanted to head to Vancouver area for a week or so. I'd love to take my father out salmon fishing on the coast for a day. Wondering who you might recommend to take a couple guys out for the day that's not terribly far from Vancouver? We wouldn't have any fishing gear so looking for someone who will supply what's needed.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:03 PM
Banned

Are you going to the Island at all?
Also, I wouldn't book a thing until the season is established. If its as scary as it could be, there will not be many people fishing and prices may drop.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Are you going to the Island at all?

Also, I wouldn't book a thing until the season is established. If its as scary as it could be, there will not be many people fishing and prices may drop.

If we have time we may go to the island. I’m not planning on booking right away as I still don’t know what dates we will be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2019, 09:28 PM
AO Sponsor

If you're in the Vancouver area then Bon Chovy charters, not too many other options out of Vancouver but they do a good job anyway! Hope you enjoy the trip!

David
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast
Old 01-23-2019, 10:07 AM

x 2 for Bon Chovy Charters. They'll drop some crab traps on the way out (shrimp traps too in season). Based out of Granville Island.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:22 AM

I grew up in that area and spent an ton of time salmon fishing including a little guiding. My opinion is if you don’t have the time to make a trip to Vancouver island for salmon I would go for sturgeon in the Fraser. If your timing is right and there is an opening a sturgeon/salmon combo is possible on the Fraser

The biggest thing right now is the high possibility of salmon fishing being closed and for this reason I would have a back up plan beyond salmon fishing

But yes Bon chovy is a good choice for the area it’s the area that is meh salmon fishing
Old 01-23-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
I grew up in that area and spent an ton of time salmon fishing including a little guiding. My opinion is if you don’t have the time to make a trip to Vancouver island for salmon I would go for sturgeon in the Fraser. If your timing is right and there is an opening a sturgeon/salmon combo is possible on the Fraser

The biggest thing right now is the high possibility of salmon fishing being closed and for this reason I would have a back up plan beyond salmon fishing

But yes Bon chovy is a good choice for the area it’s the area that is meh salmon fishing
Thanks for the tips. Do you know where I could find more information on the closures? Who would you recommend for sturgeon?
Old 01-24-2019, 06:56 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristopher10 View Post
Thanks for the tips. Do you know where I could find more information on the closures? Who would you recommend for sturgeon?
Cascade fishing adventure.....go to their website and email them....combination fishing trips....we targeted sturgeon....you will not be disappointed....they know the river, they know the fisheries etc

image.jpg

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...