Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-23-2014, 08:23 PM

What is the problem? If your kid has shots for something they aren't supposed to be able to get it, right?? Unless the vaccines don't work, there should be no issue. If my kid gets sick it's on me, but your kid, that's been pumped full of crap, should not be able to get these diseases
Old 04-23-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Noble View Post
What is the problem? If your kid has shots for something they aren't supposed to be able to get it, right?? Unless the vaccines don't work, there should be no issue. If my kid gets sick it's on me, but your kid, that's been pumped full of crap, should not be able to get these diseases
vaccines dont protect 100%, they lower the chance of getting the virus.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:26 PM

late 60's early 70's lost a cousin all we know is that she couldn't breath very well and turned blue.every year my wife gets the flue shot and get's 3 or 4 cold
and flue.I don't or never have got a shot and my last cold or flue was 8 to 10 yrs ago.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
I didn't vaccinate my children for my own reasons. The issue with someone not vaccinating and not being able to send their kids to school is a joke! How could my unvaccinated child possibly give your vaccinated child something they have had shots for?? Doesn't make much sense to me.
My child might be immunologically compromised to begin with even having the shot. But that is my child, Who cares. Right?

And if your children are infected , what about the other un immunized children?
Who cares. Right?

And think about your unvaccinated children, suppose they have a cold or the flu, and then they become infected with measles on top of their sickness. And they develop encephalitis which is quite common with the measles. And your children end up dead or deaf or retarded.

Who cares. Right?

Doesn't make much sense to me.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post
Amen to that!

Going back to the sixties, there were 200,000-300,00 cases per year in Canada. What's the big hoopla?
1 in 1000 died. 200-300 kids died per year.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
I am 36, and have never had measles, mums, small pox or chicken pox
I'm 47 and I've had measles, mumps and chicken pox! I had chicken pox bad, had the bumps inside my mouth. Still have a few scars to prove it, I think my mom bathed me in calamine lotion!
Old 04-23-2014, 08:32 PM

I do what I do for my own reasons. You do what you do for your own reasons. To each their own. Not really wanting to argue that much. Just saying how I feel. Have a good night guys!!
Old 04-23-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranch11 View Post
You know what ****es me off about this measles outbreak? The fact that I can't take a pack a peanut butter sandwich in my kids lunch, but yet kids can attend school without being vaccinated? Wtf is up with that?
My young fellow has a peanut allergy which is quite severe. No matter how much education we give him, we can't control secondary contact on tables or other children clothing. He is a 6 year old and loves to rough house. Most kids wipe their mouth with the sleeve of their shirt so contact is a definitely possible. Actually Brendan's first exposure was from the fabric of a couch. I see no use in getting upset about your comment instead I offer an alternative. I was a big PB eater and love the stuff. Try "wow butter" if your kids can tell the difference or you don't like the taste I will EMT you the cost of the jar. You can find it literally everywhere and it even comes in a crunchie version.....go figure.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:46 PM

http://business.financialpost.com/20...ry-of-measles/
The above is a good study of why it has become a concern today, apparently we have lost our natural immunization, to a less permanent vaccinated immunization. When I was a kid in the fifties almost everyone got the measles
and I never heard of anyone dying, that would have been big news.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
http://business.financialpost.com/20...ry-of-measles/
The above is a good study of why it has become a concern today, apparently we have lost our natural immunization, to a less permanent vaccinated immunization. When I was a kid in the fifties almost everyone got the measles
and I never heard of anyone dying, that would have been big news.
I remember deaf and retarded kids. Mind you that was when Alberta was poor.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
I remember deaf and retarded kids. Mind you that was when Alberta was poor.
You don't call retarded people retards. It's bad taste. You call your friends retards when they're acting retarded.

Michael Scott

On the vaccination topic:

A Penn and Teller BS video concerning vaccinations. Caution, course language!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfdZTZQvuCo
Old 04-23-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbomber View Post
No gift blankets ??? Chaaa
hahahahaha
Old 04-23-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expmler View Post
1 in 1000 died. 200-300 kids died per year.
3500 Canadians die each year from flu. Apparently death is rampant and no one is getting off the planet alive.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantdi View Post
You don't call retarded people retards. It's bad taste. You call your friends retards when they're acting retarded.

Michael Scott

Except the video is a pile of exaggerated nonsense. If you want to make it factually representative then in the example of measles they would have to have 30 million skittles, of which 3000 are in jeopardy and none fall over. In the case of polio, they would have to have 30 million skittles and the ball has not hit any of them for fifty years.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
Or living the life of a deaf or retarded person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnodisiac View Post
Right?!

The anti-vaccine crowd lately has been increasingly insufferable.
Yeah, it's the old "a little knowledge is dangerous"

Quote:
I didn't vaccinate my children for my own reasons. The issue with someone not vaccinating and not being able to send their kids to school is a joke! How could my unvaccinated child possibly give your vaccinated child something they have had shots for?? Doesn't make much sense to me.
Simple:
Everyone who doesn't have immunity is a potential disease reservoir. The larger the number, the larger the reservoir. Thanks to international travel, an unprotected person can contract a disease (ex measles). This person walks around spreading the disease, because they are highly contagious during the symptom free incubation period. Babies, young children and adults who's immunity has worn off, become infected; and so it spreads. The fewer the number of vulnerable people, the less likely the disease is to spread to those who haven't had the chance at vaccination.

How would you feel if your kid infected a nursery full of healthy newborns while visiting a relative? Or the one kid in his/her class who couldn't get vaccinated because of an allergy ended up deaf, disfigured or worse?

If you want to naturally select your offspring out of the gene pool, so be it. But you don't have the right to choose for everyone else, and if that means your kid stays out of school that's what you have to live with.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
3500 Canadians die each year from flu. Apparently death is rampant and no one is getting off the planet alive.
Great, let's shutdown the medical system seeing how we all die anyway.

Think of the taxes we would save.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantdi View Post

Michael Scott

I never called anyone a retard. How about a neurologically challenged child suffering from the ignorance and neglect of their parents

How about poor physiologically and neurologically suffering children resulting from their retard parents.

Yes, that is much better.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Great, let's shutdown the medical system seeing how we all die anyway.

Think of the taxes we would save.
No lets set aside the cost, not worry about the long term and come up with some more man made ways to extend our lives. More immunisation, more antibiotics, safer cars, non lethal guns, you name it lets do it. I'm working on a design for a child suite that is not only protection against any virus/bacteria, it also has built in airbags and an anti gravity system. In the event that some internal organs fail, there will be a built in life support system to keep you going.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:38 PM
Banned

http://www.insightbydesign.biz/wp-co.../pol_mease.jpg
Old 04-23-2014, 09:43 PM

I'm a teacher in a public school, and I think it's ridiculous the things that we try to "protect" our children from nowadays. As a kid, I was vaccinated against measles. Never got them, to my knowledge. Therefore, the vaccine worked - and that's the point of the vaccination. Not that you won't get the disease, but that you don't get it that bad. Chickenpox, I got when I was 12 and it laid me out for a week. My sister was exposed, and got it of course, but not nearly as bad. Logical conclusion: exposing children to live viruses allows the body to naturally develop its own immunity.
Now, get this: I recently read an article about an up and coming vaccination... For peanut allergies. And you'd never guess what the main ingredient is: that's right, the allergen found in PEANUTS. But it only is supposed to work in kids less than 2 years old. So, for years, doctors have been telling parents to NOT give peanuts to their kids until after two years of age, but now they have to develop a frikkin' vaccine for this! Give me a break.
Next thing you know we won't be able to send our kids to school with anything. No peanuts, no milk products (dairy allergies), no wheat products (celiac disease), no fruit (citrus allergies, yes, I actually know people with this), no meat products (heaven forbid we offend the vegetarians)... You get the idea... For fear that people Might catch something.
Yes, I vaccinate my kids. But, I also expose them to everything out there in the world that might get them sick. They have eaten dirt, grass, sucked water right from the hose, etc. in the course of their natural play, and they don't get sick as often as other kids in their class. Go figure.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesonepp View Post
i'm a teacher in a public school, and i think it's ridiculous the things that we try to "protect" our children from nowadays. As a kid, i was vaccinated against measles. Never got them, to my knowledge. Therefore, the vaccine worked - and that's the point of the vaccination. Not that you won't get the disease, but that you don't get it that bad. Chickenpox, i got when i was 12 and it laid me out for a week. My sister was exposed, and got it of course, but not nearly as bad. Logical conclusion: Exposing children to live viruses allows the body to naturally develop its own immunity.
Now, get this: I recently read an article about an up and coming vaccination... For peanut allergies. And you'd never guess what the main ingredient is: That's right, the allergen found in peanuts. But it only is supposed to work in kids less than 2 years old. So, for years, doctors have been telling parents to not give peanuts to their kids until after two years of age, but now they have to develop a frikkin' vaccine for this! Give me a break.
Next thing you know we won't be able to send our kids to school with anything. No peanuts, no milk products (dairy allergies), no wheat products (celiac disease), no fruit (citrus allergies, yes, i actually know people with this), no meat products (heaven forbid we offend the vegetarians)... You get the idea... For fear that people might catch something.
Yes, i vaccinate my kids. But, i also expose them to everything out there in the world that might get them sick. They have eaten dirt, grass, sucked water right from the hose, etc. In the course of their natural play, and they don't get sick as often as other kids in their class. Go figure.
bravo!!!!!
Old 04-23-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
In 1975 the incidence of autism was 1:5000.
2012 that number has increased to 1:110.

1:6 children are now diagnosed with a learning disability.

The incidence of bipolar disorder, auto immune disease, respiratory diseases, diabetes, all have increased at similar dramatic levels all during the same period.

We now have antibiotic resistant bacteria, virus strains that beat immunisation. The depreciating health of our children, the increased level of obesity, diabetes, asthma - this is the real trend but lets just keep immunising and medicating.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:43 PM

Quote:

The incidence of bipolar disorder, auto immune disease, respiratory diseases, diabetes, all have increased at similar dramatic levels all during the same period.

We now have antibiotic resistant bacteria, virus strains that beat immunisation. The depreciating health of our children, the increased level of obesity, diabetes, asthma - this is the real trend but lets just keep immunising and medicating.
O no, no, it's scientifically proven to only be good.
On a side note, I have a sis in law mostly deaf, from vaccines!!
Old 04-23-2014, 10:51 PM

Quote:
The depreciating health of our children, the increased level of obesity, diabetes, asthma - this is the real trend but lets just keep immunising and medicating.
Are you linking autism to immunization? Obesity is a significant concern, but blaming it, or the complications resulting from being over weight on immunizations or medication is difficult for me yo follow. Could you please elaborate?
Old 04-23-2014, 10:55 PM

Quote:

Just a quick google check and it's saying autism is diagnosed in 1-1000 or so at all different levels some less severe than others, likely the diagnosis criteria has changed but I will look for some historic diagnosis levels as well.
Nothing wrong with immunizing, kids do need to get dirty, get outside, get sick and get active. Parenting is more so the issue. Live in the country your kids will be healthier.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:57 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
No gift blankets ??? Chaaa
Stir the pot.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 04-23-2014, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Stir the pot.
Inside joke amongst brothers from different mothers. You may not speak my language
Old 04-23-2014, 11:03 PM
Banned

Quote:

You contend that increased vaccination is responsible for increased cases of autism because one correlates with the other.

Have a look at the graph and tell me if by your logic we could say that CO2 levels in the atmosphere is any less of an explanation.

http://a-sceptical-mind.com/wp-conte...xaggerated.png
Old 04-23-2014, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Inside joke amongst brothers from different mothers. You may not speak my language
i know what you were getting at, and i had a chuckle haha.

but immunizations arent the end all be all that the anti's claim them to be. Yes you can still get sick from the virus your supposed to be protected against, but instead of being in the hospital having everything you eat come out both ends, you might just get the runs.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Or TB, took my little guy for his shots and health nurse said tb is coming back
And whooping cough, that'll kill little ones as well.

I understand the dangers of allergies, seen it first hand. I'm just a little ****ed that my kids can't take granola bars or a pb&j sandwich to school, but yet there is a diseased child at the school spreading measles around, when my 8month old is at danger.

Last edited by Ranch11; 04-23-2014 at 11:40 PM.