Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-24-2014, 02:04 PM

Default This is not that tough

Why is this so hard to get. But first I am not telling anyone to get vaccinated or questioning your right to choose.

But for some of you that keep asking the same question

"Why are you so concerned whether or not if someone else has got the needles? You are protected."

Its not for anyone who got vaccinated but for those that CANNOT get vaccinated.

From the Sun article

“Quite simply, vulnerable individuals — such as infants too young to be immunized, or immuno-compromised Albertans who can’t be immunized — are dependent on the immunity of those around them,” says Dr. Gerry Predy, AHS Senior Medical Officer of Health."

Now you can still discuss your right to choose and why, but get this straight
there are some people that don't have a choice like you, they cannot get vaccinated. Getting sick has serious complications for them.

MAC

Save time... see it my way
Old 04-24-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
Why is this so hard to get. But first I am not telling anyone to get vaccinated or questioning your right to choose.

But for some of you that keep asking the same question

"Why are you so concerned whether or not if someone else has got the needles? You are protected."

Its not for anyone who got vaccinated but for those that CANNOT get vaccinated.

From the Sun article

“Quite simply, vulnerable individuals — such as infants too young to be immunized, or immuno-compromised Albertans who can’t be immunized — are dependent on the immunity of those around them,” says Dr. Gerry Predy, AHS Senior Medical Officer of Health."

Now you can still discuss your right to choose and why, but get this straight
there are some people that don't have a choice like you, they cannot get vaccinated. Getting sick has serious complications for them.

MAC
Since the line in red was from my post I'll take it as being directed at me.

Getting a needle against what? Everything that someone thinks should be the flavor of the day. This may be harsh, but if I was in that percentage where getting a needle was going to kill me because my immune system was that compromised I'm thinking it would a roll of the dice from day to day if something was going to come along and make me sick and kill me. Let's say that everyone around me was given the flu shot for what was thought was going be going around that year and different one came and got me. Who would my family blame then? How would they even know what strain got me?
The theory is that even tho I don't sick I can carry the bug which will make others sick. So I guess when people at work get sick and a couple of us feel fine and stay healthy we are to blame?
We were all infants at one time and there seems to be a lot around from those days before we were old enough to get needles to protect us from polio and small pox.
Doctors themselves are telling us that because every time some people get sick there're running to get a shot of some kind and bugs are developing an immunity to the medicine. So now what? The numbers say that the needles people get are not 100% anyway. Yes the odds are diminished, but your still rolling dice.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Since the line in red was from my post I'll take it as being directed at me.

Yes its from your post but not directed at you, several people asked the same question. No shot or or jab at you intended.

Getting a needle against what? Everything that someone thinks should be the flavor of the day.
Measles is hardly flavor of the day

This may be harsh, but if I was in that percentage where getting a needle was going to kill me because my immune system was that compromised I'm thinking it would a roll of the dice from day to day if something was going to come along and make me sick and kill me.
If I understand your point correctly, yes for some people it is a roll of the dice, and the reason why vaccinations work because we can work together to reduce the risk for some.

Let's say that everyone around me was given the flu shot for what was thought was going be going around that year and different one came and got me. Who would my family blame then? There is no one to blame, we do our best and live with the fallout. Life is terminal
How would they even know what strain got me? If your talking about after you pass away, autopsy will reveal the strain.

The theory is that even tho I don't sick I can carry the bug which will make others sick. So I guess when people at work get sick and a couple of us feel fine and stay healthy we are to blame?
No, if you get sick go to work and infect everyone you are to blame. The point, do what you can not to get sick and you wont pass it along.

We were all infants at one time and there seems to be a lot around from those days before we were old enough to get needles to protect us from polio and small pox.
There are also many from that time that are not here as a direct result of simple children's disease. Many people posting here against vaccine have mentioned that they know someone that was the victim of a vaccination shot that has crippled them or worse. My father lost 2 sisters before they were 4 years old. There was no panicking and rioting in the streets unfortunately it was common. When vaccines were made available and proved effective no one refused, the loss of their children was still fresh. Not so today.

Doctors themselves are telling us that because every time some people get sick there're running to get a shot of some kind and bugs are developing an immunity to the medicine. True but that is about antibiotics not vaccinations

So now what? The numbers say that the needles people get are not 100% anyway. Yes the odds are diminished, but your still rolling dice.
There are very few guarantees especially when it comes to life, why not try to help the odds.
I'm not trying to tell anyone about what they should do. Don't get vaccinated that would be your choice. But the accusations that people that vaccinate themselves and their children are not making an educated choice can be flat out wrong in many cases. Just the same as I believe some people that choose not to vaccinate are doing it for the wrong reasons without any thought to the implications it may have for others.

MAC

Save time... see it my way
Old 04-24-2014, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
But the accusations that people that vaccinate themselves and their children are not making an educated choice can be flat out wrong in many cases. Just the same as I believe some people that choose not to vaccinate are doing it for the wrong reasons without any thought to the implications it may have for others.
Seriously? How many parents get their kids vaccinated for the standard issue childhood diseases because they don't want to deal with a sick kid for a week or 2? You won't see too many hands go up in admittance but I gaurantee you, there's enough out there...

How effective are these vaccines? If you believe you're immune, think again. I made a couple of posts about the outbreaks in Quebec in 2007 and 2011 - the results are scary... Here's a couple more for you...?

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/ca...060/story.html

Three of the four Calgarians diagnosed with measles this year were fully immunized for the illness — an “unusual” occurrence that has public health officials investigating the strain circulating.

Here's one for mumps...

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/20/...81_article.htm

Epidemic of Mumps among Vaccinated Persons, the Netherlands, 2009–2012

Of the 1,474 cases for which patient vaccination status was reported, 998 (67.7%) case-patients had received 2 doses of MMR; 157 (10.6%) had received 1 dose, and 242 (16.4%) were unvaccinated.

67% were fully vaccinated? Really? They still got mumps?

More to come. The pro-vaccination crowd may want to do some research, you may find that your child isn't 100% immune - and neither are you.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:39 PM
Banned

http://news.sciencemag.org/health/20...ent-first-time

Hrmmm. 22 year old New York female, fully vaccinated.
Quote:
That’s why a fully vaccinated 22-year-old theater employee in New York City who developed the measles in 2011 was released without hospitalization or quarantine. But like Typhoid Mary, this patient turned out to be unwittingly contagious. Ultimately, she transmitted the measles to four other people, according to a recent report in Clinical Infectious Diseases that tracked symptoms in the 88 people with whom “Measles Mary” interacted while she was sick.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Seriously? How many parents get their kids vaccinated for the standard issue childhood diseases because they don't want to deal with a sick kid for a week or 2? You won't see too many hands go up in admittance but I gaurantee you, there's enough out there...
You're more correct than you know.

Initially, the chickenpox vaccine was developed to protect Adults who somehow avoided getting natural immunity as a child. (Much worse in adults).

Shortly after, the manufacturer was promoting the vaccine as a way for parents to avoid losing worktime to care for sick children.

It's interesting to note how the scope has crept since then - So far that the vaccine is seen as universally necessary, and the original reason forgotten.

At least that's what Jenny Mccarthy told me. She's so pretty.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmnnkoqaz View Post
The supposed link to autism has been busted. Period.
The reason why we have more autism today is because the diagnostic criteria have been changed. 40 years ago most autistics on the mild side of the spectrum would have just been considered weird or antisocial.
We have more labels now thus it looks like we have more cases. Not saying it's right, just the way it is.
The good old days weren't, it's just only the survivors are here to tell the tale.

This is merely an opinion...

I can concur, my brother has a mild from of undiagnosed autism. Im not a doctor, nor understand the criteria. I only worked in a field where I was involved with people with such. I often wondered how many undiagnosed people there have been, and if the data is remotely accurate
Old 04-24-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Goodfellow View Post
You're more correct than you know.

Initially, the chickenpox vaccine was developed to protect Adults who somehow avoided getting natural immunity as a child. (Much worse in adults).

Shortly after, the manufacturer was promoting the vaccine as a way for parents to avoid losing worktime to care for sick children.

It's interesting to note how the scope has crept since then - So far that the vaccine is seen as universally necessary, and the original reason forgotten.

At least that's what Jenny Mccarthy told me. She's so pretty.
Jenny is truly magic
But wasn't the dr who's research she cited as part of her autism stance debunked ??
Old 04-24-2014, 06:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
meh natural selection. you get a disease, you die. thats life. the world is overpopulated.
I hope that was tongue in cheek because otherwise I cannot believe that a guy called DiabeticKripple just said that.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesonepp View Post
I'm a teacher in a public school, and I think it's ridiculous the things that we try to "protect" our children from nowadays. As a kid, I was vaccinated against measles. Never got them, to my knowledge. Therefore, the vaccine worked - and that's the point of the vaccination. Not that you won't get the disease, but that you don't get it that bad. Chickenpox, I got when I was 12 and it laid me out for a week. My sister was exposed, and got it of course, but not nearly as bad. Logical conclusion: exposing children to live viruses allows the body to naturally develop its own immunity.
Now, get this: I recently read an article about an up and coming vaccination... For peanut allergies. And you'd never guess what the main ingredient is: that's right, the allergen found in PEANUTS. But it only is supposed to work in kids less than 2 years old. So, for years, doctors have been telling parents to NOT give peanuts to their kids until after two years of age, but now they have to develop a frikkin' vaccine for this! Give me a break.
Next thing you know we won't be able to send our kids to school with anything. No peanuts, no milk products (dairy allergies), no wheat products (celiac disease), no fruit (citrus allergies, yes, I actually know people with this), no meat products (heaven forbid we offend the vegetarians)... You get the idea... For fear that people Might catch something.
Yes, I vaccinate my kids. But, I also expose them to everything out there in the world that might get them sick. They have eaten dirt, grass, sucked water right from the hose, etc. in the course of their natural play, and they don't get sick as often as other kids in their class. Go figure.
I say this most respectfully.

What grades and subjects do you teach?
Old 04-24-2014, 07:39 PM

Wow the mob mentality of the "educated" is so endearing. I know people far more educated on the subject then all those who have contributed to this slag thread combined (including myself). Personally, I've read at least three dozen peer reviewed white papers on the science behind childhood immunization, some of which focused specifically on MMR, tetanus, and the polio vaccine.
Many of the persons I know in the appropriate fields do not child vaccinate due to issues related to the vaccines and just the issue of giving them the vaccines at the earlier stages of life. Like any field of science "absolutes" have shifted and continue to do so and given the totality of the data they are uncomfortable.the thing that immediately raised my eyebrow was that the persons that do not or delay immunization are the proactive types and could easily articulate why they made their decision. The other half was predominately parroting programs and could not do so. Given what I have read for and against I have chosen to delay it as well.
There are a lot of people here that have a degree of passion that is overcoming their reason and causing them to imply that I am an "idiot" for not taking advantage of every needle offered. I doubt that any of their research has led them deeper than the odd media article or maybe they read something mind numbing...ahem...bending in McLeans. Either way I have at least a few weeks of time spent actually reading the two legimate sides of the story and made my decision, and some of my aquantences have spent several decades and have the letters at the end of their name to give their decision weight and are doing the same thing.
Are there reasonable correlations between certain types of mental illness and auto immune diseases to vaccines? Yes there are.
Have certain vaccines been essential in saving populations from epidemics? Yep. Have there been side effects to that? Yep. Were they worth it? Many would say surely.

If people think that this is a subject to become sheep on and blindly jump on poorly examined positions because the bandwagon is going that way, then I would respond with "idiots"...

My children have never passed along anything worse than a common cold, but a vaccinated individual gave them and myself H1N1 at Christmas. It sucked, but he was hospitalized and we rode it out with relative ease for 4 days. Time will tell.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:58 PM

All the intelligence in the world is worth squat, without a speck of wisdom.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem338win View Post
Wow the mob mentality of the "educated" is so endearing. I know people far more educated on the subject then all those who have contributed to this slag thread combined (including myself). Personally, I've read at least three dozen peer reviewed white papers on the science behind childhood immunization, some of which focused specifically on MMR, tetanus, and the polio vaccine.
Many of the persons I know in the appropriate fields do not child vaccinate due to issues related to the vaccines and just the issue of giving them the vaccines at the earlier stages of life. Like any field of science "absolutes" have shifted and continue to do so and given the totality of the data they are uncomfortable.the thing that immediately raised my eyebrow was that the persons that do not or delay immunization are the proactive types and could easily articulate why they made their decision. The other half was predominately parroting programs and could not do so. Given what I have read for and against I have chosen to delay it as well.
There are a lot of people here that have a degree of passion that is overcoming their reason and causing them to imply that I am an "idiot" for not taking advantage of every needle offered. I doubt that any of their research has led them deeper than the odd media article or maybe they read something mind numbing...ahem...bending in McLeans. Either way I have at least a few weeks of time spent actually reading the two legimate sides of the story and made my decision, and some of my aquantences have spent several decades and have the letters at the end of their name to give their decision weight and are doing the same thing.
Are there reasonable correlations between certain types of mental illness and auto immune diseases to vaccines? Yes there are.
Have certain vaccines been essential in saving populations from epidemics? Yep. Have there been side effects to that? Yep. Were they worth it? Many would say surely.

If people think that this is a subject to become sheep on and blindly jump on poorly examined positions because the bandwagon is going that way, then I would respond with "idiots"...

My children have never passed along anything worse than a common cold, but a vaccinated individual gave them and myself H1N1 at Christmas. It sucked, but he was hospitalized and we rode it out with relative ease for 4 days. Time will tell.
It sucked because your children were not immunized for any flu.

Welcome to a world of imperfection.

Immunization is not based on ME ME ME.

Immunization is based on US US US.

Unless you are a member of the master race that never gets sick.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
I say this most respectfully.

What grades and subjects do you teach?
And in response, I question why that matters?

Elementary this time around, but I have taught in almost every grade from kindergarten to grade 12 at one point in time.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesonepp View Post
And in response, I question why that matters?

Elementary this time around, but I have taught in almost every grade from kindergarten to grade 12 at one point in time.
No insult to you, but I wonder how many other school teachers carry your belief.

Could you help me out, and ask if your fellow teachers believe in immunization in your staff room?

I honestly request a reply, and will not challenge you on your response.

I honestly Thank you.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:34 PM

I've had chicken pox and mumps and possibly measles when young . Never been vaccinated since my youth , still have the mole type scar on my arm . Rarely sick as I near 50 , never had a flu shot either . Why did I never hear of peanut allergy until later in life?? I guess rolling around in the dirt and eating what we wanted wasn't so bad right??
Old 04-24-2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
meh natural selection. you get a disease, you die. thats life. the world is overpopulated.
Applause & an "Amen!!
Nobody is willing to die anymore at the expense of an never ending increase with populations problems..let's all just get vacinnes,live forever while saying to mother Earth "feed&comfort me"
Old 04-24-2014, 11:08 PM

Peer review is a funny thing. Any study can look any say you want. Follow the loot. Lots of people have agendas. I don't need a degree to tell you that.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
Applause & an "Amen!!
Nobody is willing to die anymore at the expense of an never ending increase with populations problems..let's all just get vacinnes,live forever while saying to mother Earth "feed&comfort me"
Nobodies stopping you, giver all up, retire to the soil! Your statement is sad!
Old 04-24-2014, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
Nobodies stopping you!
That is correct and other than suicide,your right "Nobody" including Myself is..never had a
dam flu shot type H1N1/never will! If it's my time,well,then,
let's get a move on & let Earth proceed & resume as it's naturallysupposed to and
not try to have humans living eternity on this crowded orbiting mass of dirt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
Your statement is sad!
NO! Sad= The current over population at present you rather selfishly & conviently overlook is..

Last edited by tri777; 04-25-2014 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:17 AM
Banned

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post

How effective are these vaccines? If you believe you're immune, think again. I made a couple of posts about the outbreaks in Quebec in 2007 and 2011 - the results are scary... Here's a couple more for you...?

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/ca...060/story.html

Three of the four Calgarians diagnosed with measles this year were fully immunized for the illness — an “unusual” occurrence that has public health officials investigating the strain circulating.

Here's one for mumps...

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/20/...81_article.htm

Epidemic of Mumps among Vaccinated Persons, the Netherlands, 2009–2012

Of the 1,474 cases for which patient vaccination status was reported, 998 (67.7%) case-patients had received 2 doses of MMR; 157 (10.6%) had received 1 dose, and 242 (16.4%) were unvaccinated.

67% were fully vaccinated? Really? They still got mumps?

More to come. The pro-vaccination crowd may want to do some research, you may find that your child isn't 100% immune - and neither are you.

67% still got the mumps aye , how,d that happen , because the other 33% didnt get the shot and spread it around.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:26 AM
Banned

Default .

Heres the deal , you have a herd of 500 cows , there is an outbreak of anthrax in the next county , do you just vacinate half your herd or do you vacinate them all , doing just half your herd is a good anology of how stupid you are by not getting vacinated
Old 04-25-2014, 06:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimboy View Post
Heres the deal , you have a herd of 500 cows , there is an outbreak of anthrax in the next county , do you just vacinate half your herd or do you vacinate them all , doing just half your herd is a good anology of how stupid you are by not getting vacinated
But Jenny Mcarthy says your cows will become autistic.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:54 AM

So 20 reported cases in a province of 4 million is considered a plague or an outbreak?
Old 04-25-2014, 08:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Noble View Post
I didn't vaccinate my children for my own reasons. The issue with someone not vaccinating and not being able to send their kids to school is a joke! How could my unvaccinated child possibly give your vaccinated child something they have had shots for?? Doesn't make much sense to me.
The decline and fall of western civilization.

If you got the tiger by the tail....don't let go.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
That is excellent analogy Jimboy.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:10 AM
Banned

When did measles become so scary? Didn't parents used take their kids to see kids with measles in hopes that their kid caught it just to get it out of the way.....or was that chicken pox? I remember when my Daughter had it and our friends with kids were excited to bring their kids over to catch it.

Maybe I have the measles and chicken pox confused though.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:24 AM

Lets see a show of hands from those who wish they could be un-vaccinated for polio?
Old 04-25-2014, 10:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
67% still got the mumps aye , how,d that happen , because the other 33% didnt get the shot and spread it around.
Are people not getting this? How can it spread to vaccinated people? 4 cases of measles in Calgary, 3 were vaccinated - how is that supposed to be possible?

The MMR vaccine is being sold on making you immune - 99.7% of people vaccinated are supposed to be immune. Doesn't matter if an unvaccinated person has measles or mumps - if you have your 2 doses, you're supposed to be immune to it, there's no spreading it around. The vaccine isn't working as advertised.

I have only posted a few links, there are many more.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdamours View Post
The internet is a wonderful thing. You can find out in 5 minutes to how to change a part on your snowblower but don't condense 8 years of post secondary education plus 2+ years of residency down to 5 minutes from something you read off the internet. I'd say you could use the info you found off the internet and ask your Dr. If 95% of Dr's agree I'd say go for it as the 5% account for the flakes in any profession.