Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-18-2020, 11:30 AM
Banned

Smile Protesters blockade Premier Horgan's home

Protesters blockade Premier Horgan's home ahead of B.C. budget release

VICTORIA -- Pipeline protesters were outside the home of B.C. Premier John Horgan on Tuesday morning, attempting what they called a citizen's arrest on the premier.

Activists with the group Extinction Rebellion Vancouver Island said they wanted to prevent Horgan from attending today's provincial budget announcement at the legislature.

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/p...ease-1.4816809

Old 02-18-2020, 11:32 AM

Default Karma

My name is CNP and I approve this blockade
Old 02-18-2020, 11:33 AM

What next?

Enough games with these idiots surely there are some empty jail cells somewhere. Stack them up.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-18-2020, 11:39 AM

So.... the country's rail lines are ok to blockade, but you get arrested if you inconvenience a politician?

Hmmm... :thinking:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6563771/j...-home-protest/
Old 02-18-2020, 11:46 AM

He and Trudea grew this weed to choke out Alberta. I doubt he has the strength to pull the weed.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-18-2020, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
So.... the country's rail lines are ok to blockade, but you get arrested if you inconvenience a politician?

Hmmm... :thinking:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6563771/j...-home-protest/

Good point. 1000's across Canada have lost income or been laid off since the blockades started, why couldn't Horgan just stay home and lose income as well? Maybe just pretend that it wasn't happening like our PM has for the last while? Lol
Old 02-18-2020, 12:15 PM
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
... He and Trudea grew this weed to choke out Alberta. I doubt he has the strength to pull the weed.
BINGO!
And exactly why so damn many of us BC'ers outside the Latte Sipper Influence are laughing our asses off just now.

As fuel and commodity prices soar, the balance of us will no longer see this as a laughing matter much longer methinks. Something doesn't get done, something WILL be done in my estimation...

Nog
Old 02-18-2020, 01:00 PM

Time to play their game with them. Start blocking the roads into reserves and not letting anyone in or out. See how fast their barricades come down then, they need access off reserve more than access to reserves is needed.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:08 PM

And the brains of this country refuses to enforce the laws that prevent such protests.

I'm all for ruining Horgan's day, but shiny socks, is letting this country burn because everyone gets a participation ribbon in his world.

I can believe our constitution is set up so that we have to tolerate the bull crap. That we need to wait for a NC vote or a general election in order to have the majority vote get second place and do it all over again.

BW
Old 02-18-2020, 01:09 PM

If I lose my job, I’m looking into what protesting pays.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
If I lose my job, I’m looking into what protesting pays.
It does seem to pay well enough cuz you seem to see the same faces at each and every protest. Who has time to actually work ????
I couldn't be happier to see these protestors going up against the BCNDP...Karma is a bitch !!!!!
Old 02-18-2020, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
It does seem to pay well enough cuz you seem to see the same faces at each and every protest. Who has time to actually work ????
I couldn't be happier to see these protestors going up against the BCNDP...Karma is a bitch !!!!!
You know things are bad in this country, when the protesters are protesting the NDP!

BW
Old 02-18-2020, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
Time to play their game with them. Start blocking the roads into reserves and not letting anyone in or out. See how fast their barricades come down then, they need access off reserve more than access to reserves is needed.
That's actually a pretty good idea....those that are laid off from real jobs because of this criminal behavior by paid protesters, should do it, with a vengeance.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-18-2020, 02:12 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
yup..

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-18-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
I also agree, great idea....
Old 02-18-2020, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Keep in mind all reserves and elected chiefs have signed on and are not protesting the pipeline.
Individuals are protesting ,of which some are native and some are not.
The individuals need to be dealt with. And sooner than later.
And in my opinion the elected chiefs of these areas need to do more to quell the protesting.
Old 02-18-2020, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight01 View Post
Keep in mind all reserves and elected chiefs have signed on and are not protesting the pipeline.
Individuals are protesting ,of which some are native and some are not.
The individuals need to be dealt with. And sooner than later.
And in my opinion the elected chiefs of these areas need to do more to quell the protesting.
Then maybe some of those who are in favor and support the pipeline, need to get together and drop in and pay a visit to the protesters and blockade folks. And beat them senseless, load them in gravel trucks, and dump them in a ravine. Or something.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-18-2020, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Need to block the foreign protesters and picket their homes. FN are just pawns in the eco protest game.

Their beef with government is their battle and we all know dealing with government is never fun. I don’t envy them sorting out their land use and title issues. The end result will stem from signed treaties and legal law. Outside my ability to talk factually as I don’t live on reserve and know problems first hand.

Remember. Most reserves were for the Coastal pipeline and were happy for the jobs.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-18-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Need to block the foreign protesters and picket their homes. FN are just pawns in the eco protest game
Need to root them out of hiding make their identity public and put them on trail for foreign espionage. And get a government with a big enough set ( or one that doesn’t have their hand in their pockets) and make it illegal for outside money to cripple our country.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:08 PM

A quote from one of own own FN people. Smartest post on the subject.
THANKS ABB!!!!!!

"In my opinion... and that being from a off rez living status FN......

....id like to see their reserves starved of groceries... fuels.. reduced natural gas, reduced electricity......and tobacco products in return for their ignorance"
____

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 02-18-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
You are about 40 years too late. They have started playing a game by others rules.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Then maybe some of those who are in favor and support the pipeline, need to get together and drop in and pay a visit to the protesters and blockade folks. And beat them senseless, load them in gravel trucks, and dump them in a ravine. Or something.
As my dear, departed Dad would say...feed em to the pigs.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:23 AM

I'm just embarrassed most on AOF dont see the forest through the trees, when this is all said and done Canada will have a seat on the UN security council, think of how prosperous we will all be then.
Patience, gentleman just like the budget this too will balance itself.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:40 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Via Rail to temporarily lay off 1,000 workers amid rail blockades

https://globalnews.ca/news/6569418/v...ntario-quebec/

And in the You Can't Make This ***** Up category, some actually view such protests as potential money makers...

Demand Protest: We Assemble Movements

https://www.demandprotest.com/
Old 02-19-2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
[B]

And in the You Can't Make This ***** Up category, some actually view such protests as potential money makers...

Demand Protest: We Assemble Movements

https://www.demandprotest.com/
Please tell me that is satire.
Old 02-19-2020, 02:33 PM

What we need is a really deviant, dirty rotten underhanded thinker to come up with a plan to get that outfit and the gov't, to give us money to sit on parliament hill and by Trudope's house and get paid to do it, and protest against the protestors. But, if any of them want to arrest the dope, encourage the hell out of them.
After all, Ellizabeth May says we have the right to civil disobedience, and would have to stand by us.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:47 AM

I heard a rumour those Premier Protestors weren’t even Canadian. But, you cannot find out who they are.
Old 02-20-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Brew View Post
I heard a rumour those Premier Protestors weren’t even Canadian. But, you cannot find out who they are.
If true, I would hope that, at a minimum, they were immediately deported and added to a terrorist watch list.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 02-20-2020, 11:21 AM

I'm not a Trump fan, but I think this might play out a little different if he was here.

Thomas Sowell
Old 02-20-2020, 01:20 PM

Why is it that when the working people of this province are losing work, pay and even jobs, nothing is done. As soon as the protesters block a couple of doorways to parliament then the Premier starts to take action.

Where the h*ll are you? Wake up John boy

Burglar: Aren't you going to call the cops?
Farmer: Why? Nobody knows you're here