Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-11-2020, 12:38 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

1 arrested as residents tear down anti-pipeline blockade on Vancouver Island

https://globalnews.ca/news/6533542/v...ockade-arrest/

Arresting the wrong party of course.
This crap keeps up, methinks it is going to get downright FUGLY.
Honest, working citizens are rapidly approaching their break-line...

Nog
Old 02-11-2020, 01:31 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

From APTN News:

“People are saying the project doesn’t have our approval,” said Young.

“No one can say this pipeline doesn’t have our backing. We were informed and people want it.”

https://aptnnews.ca/2020/01/27/weve-...on-in-turmoil/
Old 02-11-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
1 arrested as residents tear down anti-pipeline blockade on Vancouver Island

https://globalnews.ca/news/6533542/v...ockade-arrest/

Arresting the wrong party of course.
This crap keeps up, methinks it is going to get downright FUGLY.
Honest, working citizens are rapidly approaching their break-line...

Nog
Just unbelievable. The lady at the end screaming about her sacred items... that she left on the highway.

Reminds me of the protest in Edmonton where the people blocked the bridge. Police were basically protecting them. I'm getting very tired of the demands of the few outweighing the needs of the many.
Old 02-11-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
Just unbelievable. The lady at the end screaming about her sacred items... that she left on the highway.

Reminds me of the protest in Edmonton where the people blocked the bridge. Police were basically protecting them. I'm getting very tired of the demands of the few outweighing the needs of the many.
Not to make light of her assertion of sacred items...but since when do people leave sacred tires and plywood on the road to keep these precious items safe?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-11-2020, 03:12 PM

Blocking a highway is illegal... Cleaning one up is not.

Protest all you want on the side of the road. I'll probably wave and take you seriously. Block the road and I'm going to be ****ed and fight against your cause.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:18 PM

If I come across a blockade in Calgary, damn rights I will push my way through...We need to stand up for our rights and this crap is getting absolutely insane...
Old 02-11-2020, 03:46 PM

Lock them all up, the ones collecting any kinda of welfare or whatever all payments stop that day. If your well enough to protest then your healthy enough to find a job.

The ones blocking via rail should all be charged and rounded it up by the military, we have an army use the darn thing.

Personally I would just get a good water truck an a good high pressure hose and soak them all down, you will see who high tails for home or a warm bus providing them a ride home.

I don't care about the protests, but stopping people from going to work is what they want to do and this is totally wrong.

JD
Old 02-11-2020, 04:20 PM

Where is hogan?

Funny how he fought tooth and nail against transmountain and Alberta and now Alberta is fighting with him on Coastal.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-11-2020, 04:32 PM

We have a lady from China under house arrest because “we respect the rule of law”. Either we do or do not. If we do our police agencies should not choose such to support and such to ignore.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:00 PM

These protests are only going to get worse until we call in the army with a half dozen or more water cannons per site. Hose em down. Haul em out. Next.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittercommander View Post
these protests are only going to get worse until we call in the army with a half dozen or more water cannons per site. Hose em down. Haul em out. Next.
x2 .
Old 02-11-2020, 07:42 PM

Tired of seeing the RCMP 'pick & choose' what they deem as unacceptable . . . . citizens cleaning debris off of a taxpayer funded public road, only to be arrested by a taxpayer funded cop.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Lice View Post
Tired of seeing the RCMP 'pick & choose' what they deem as unacceptable . . . . citizens cleaning debris off of a taxpayer funded public road, only to be arrested by a taxpayer funded cop.
It's ridiculous that they allow roads and railways to be illegally blocked, yet they arrest someone clearing the debris off of a road. Who are the idiots making these asinine decisions?
Old 02-11-2020, 07:58 PM

Default Psychological Warfare

Look at bigger picture, notice trends. Globalists trying to wear us down, United Nation, Globalist Politicians, RCMP, extreme protestors, media, all part of same group. Psychological Warfare.
This women Polly from Kingston area. Good analysis.

https://youtu.be/shjw2uP23sk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19B76D76-8DA0-418C-97BA-D4352FBE0FCD.jpg (28.7 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg D95EAE83-CB1B-4791-9F9E-F2A916EB841C.jpg (28.4 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by lmtada; 02-11-2020 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:09 PM

SCREAMING 'my sacred items are special'?

What is wrong with these people. I bet it's hard to spell.

I sure would not want to be that LEO.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-12-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
SCREAMING 'my sacred items are special'?

What is wrong with these people. I bet it's hard to spell.

I sure would not want to be that LEO.
I would like to feel sorry for the officer, but if he was asinine enough to arrest a man for clearing an illegal roadblock off of a roadway, I can't feel sorry for him. The police need to do their job, remove the protesters, and get traffic flowing. If the police brass refuse to give the orders to make it happen, fire them, and replace them with people who will do their job.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:01 AM

That officer should quit if that’s what he considers to pass for policing. I would ask him why he signed up for a career in policing in the first place? He is either out of his mind personally or he is following ridiculous and quite frankly, illegal, orders. So either he’s a stooge personally or he is subservient to stooges. Both possibilities still make him a stooge.

It is this type of behavior by an officer that makes me highly concerned for the direction our nation is heading. I am very pro police, but absolutely am not when it’s what this officer considers to be policing. He’s failed himself and more importantly has failed the law-abiding public. He should resign in shame, because what he did was more due to his own frail ego rather than anything to do with justice. He couldn’t handle that the citizen was defying his unlawful instructions by dismantling the illegal protest blockade. He’s a petty man.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:26 AM

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/br...iCaPIu3pwTlJjQ
Old 02-12-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
No surprise here

UN disapproves of the pipelines and if he can add in that the Canadian public has shown they don’t want pipeline it will be much easier to cancel the projects

It’s going to be another dark 4 years and if we don’t see change next election I don’t know what is going to happen in Canada
Old 02-12-2020, 08:51 AM

What a bunch of hypocrites in this thread.

I guarantee you that most, if not all, of the posters yelling for the RCMP to storm the gates and arrest them all and send in the military would be the first and LOUDEST yelling if the issue was a court ordered firearm confiscation.

It is no different, you can't eat your cake and have it too. Pick one. Government stay out or in this case because it is an issue you support the government's stance it's alright?

Just pathetic.
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:57 AM
Banned

If that worthless piece of crap with intervene against the protesters, then he better not intervene with the Canadian citizens who need to pass there either.

How much of this do we have to take? Why are we such a passive bunch of *******? Every day I’m getting ever closer to my snapping point. I no longer feel a part of trudeaus Canada, I don’t want to pay any federal taxes to support this lunatics agenda. At first I thought the idea of western separation was a goofy pipe dream, but there hasn’t been a day go by that I’m left in awe at how justin trudeau can outdo himself in stupidity. Why should we be forced to ride this crazy train to destruction?
Old 02-12-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post

I guarantee you that most, if not all, of the posters yelling for the RCMP to storm the gates and arrest them all and send in the military would be the first and LOUDEST yelling if the issue was a court ordered firearm confiscation.

It is no different, you can't eat your cake and have it too. Pick one. Government stay out or in this case because it is an issue you support the government's stance it's alright?

Just pathetic.
WOW!
Old 02-12-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
If that worthless piece of crap with intervene against the protesters, then he better not intervene with the Canadian citizens who need to pass there either.

How much of this do we have to take? Why are we such a passive bunch of *******? Every day I’m getting ever closer to my snapping point. I no longer feel a part of trudeaus Canada, I don’t want to pay any federal taxes to support this lunatics agenda. At first I thought the idea of western separation was a goofy pipe dream, but there hasn’t been a day go by that I’m left in awe at how justin trudeau can outdo himself in stupidity. Why should we be forced to ride this crazy train to destruction?
You are not alone

I did not sign up for this ride and I want off. Wife and I held our noses for 4 years having faith it would come to an end after the election. Well were we wrong and we have way less faith in this country because of it.

We now face 4 more years of survival mode and don’t know if we will be able to handle a round 3
Old 02-12-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:

Just pathetic.
I am not against anyone wanting to protest whatever they may think is worthy of a protest but, when your breaking the laws of how you can protest by blocking traffic and trains and sh&t, you should be arrested!
Old 02-12-2020, 09:45 AM

Quote:

Just pathetic.
It's not being a hypocrite to disagree with certain government policies and agree with others.

It's just that the people on this forum don't show their disagreement by blocking highways or railways or committing other illegal acts.

It's called democracy.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:55 AM

Quote:

Just pathetic.
Go take a bus and buy yourself a hotdog.

Disrupting progress and stopping trains and blocking people where they need to go to work is a crime,so take your hypocrite ways and go protest with them if that's how you feel.

What a joke..

JD 848.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:

Just pathetic.
If the majority of Gun Owners voted in favour of confiscation and those that didn't were illegally blocking roads, railways, and vandalising property I can guarantee that most on this thread would support arresting them.

The Wet'suwet'en Nation had a vote and of the ones who voted the majority voted to give support. The final decision was then up to the Band Council (many of whom were hereditary chiefs at the time) and they signed on. The ones doing the protesting now had their chance and either couldn't be bothered to vote, are not even members of the Wet'suwet'en Nation (such as those in Ontario) or are paid protestors. Even then, I fully support their right to protest. But they must either do it legally or be arrested and accept the consequences.

But question for you; do you honestly believe that if this was firearm owners protesting illegally the Government and the RCMP would not be arresting everyone immediately, kicking in doors, and dismantling blockades in minutes rather than days?
Old 02-12-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:

Just pathetic.
It is pathetic, when someone can't see the difference between illegally blocking railways and roadways, and legally opposing firearms confiscation.
Old 02-12-2020, 02:23 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

What the EFF is wrong with folks in Victoria??

Victoria councillors join anti-pipeline protest

Among hundreds of pipeline protesters who descended upon and helped block the doors of B.C.’s legislature Tuesday were two Victoria city councillors.

Long-time councillor Ben Isitt and newcomer Sharmarke Dubow both joined activists who oppose the Coastal GasLink pipeline.

“I was there to show support for the Indigenous leaders and youth who issued a call to action today,” Isitt told CTV News Vancouver Island.

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/v...ions-1.4807748
Old 02-12-2020, 03:16 PM
Banned

Arrow

Deputy PM blocked from entering Halifax City Hall by anti-pipeline protestors

Videos posted on Twitter by protestor Sakura Saunders were posted onto the platform in the early afternoon, showing the city hall building “occupied in solidarity with #Wetsuweten struggle.”

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/br...ne-protestors/

Maybe Trudeau can pull himself away from his ill chosen bid at the UN Security Council long enough to deal with matters at home now his own are getting involved?

Nope - Won't happen...

Nog