Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-01-2014, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Any real-life footage I've ever seen of combatants from that part of the world seems to back that up. While they'll surely have some disciplined shooters they're few and far between.
I saw a documentary on the same subject and many involved were startled by the lack of accuracy and almost total lack of tactical know how of the locals, the numbers however were on their side.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:45 PM

What about the movie Shooter. The bad guys were really terrible
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 09-01-2014, 11:59 PM

Anything with Mr. Segal

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 09-02-2014, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbomber View Post
I saw a documentary on the same subject and many involved were startled by the lack of accuracy and almost total lack of tactical know how of the locals, the numbers however were on their side.
Yup. Thousands of Somali militia EKIA and they were still coming, compared to 18 American KIA. Pretty soon it must have become a battle of logistics for the Americans. Literally just trying to keep the meat grinder fueled with ammo. I bet those were some hot barrels.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallAirFever View Post
Why are the bad guys in movies such horrible shots?
Just sitting here watching the Arnie "classic" Commando and man oh man the bad guys are really crappy shots. Didn't these guys ever get out for some target practice or get some training.

I wonder how many thousands of rounds missed Matrix in this movie. Now I know it would make a pretty bad movie to have the hero get shot, but a couple of minor wounds wouldn't be so bad would it.

And in what universe is the fat Freddie Mercury bad guy Bennete suppose to be a match for Swartzeneger?

What are some other "good" movies with bullet proof heroes ?

One of my favorites is that Chuck Norris "save the MIA's in Nam" movie. There he is with a M60 surrounded by numerous VC's with AK's on full auto firing at him and he never even gets winged. Yet every VC dies. Simply amazing!
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***