Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-23-2017, 10:06 PM

Default 3d movies?

Went to see beauty and the beast. It was a great movie but for some reason it was in 3d. Out local theater doesnt do 2d playing everyday. Personally it doesnt add anything to the movie. Any of you like it? And has anyone used it in thoes fancy chairs they have in the city? Mayne the combo would be good.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilt134 View Post
Went to see beauty and the beast. It was a great movie but for some reason it was in 3d. Out local theater doesnt do 2d playing everyday. Personally it doesnt add anything to the movie. Any of you like it? And has anyone used it in thoes fancy chairs they have in the city? Mayne the combo would be good.
It was a great movie or you liked it? Rotten Tomatoes has it at 70% averaging 232 critic reviews......
Old 03-23-2017, 10:30 PM
Banned

Don't know what to make of the new 3D. A friend dragged me to Monsters VS Aliens 3D with her kids, freaked me out a little. think the kids laughed more at me than the movie

Previous to that was Swamp Thing in 3D with the blue and red glasses?
Old 03-23-2017, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
It was a great movie or you liked it? Rotten Tomatoes has it at 70% averaging 232 critic reviews......
I liked it becuase it was great but because i liked it i found it great. It depends what you value in a movie i guess. It was easliy the best movie i have watched since skyfall came out. Also i steer clear of rating sites as i find theyean very little.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:22 AM

I only watch a 3d movie if it adds to the story or background. Star Wars in 3D is great, the new Jungle Book in 3D was pretty mind blowing (and stomach turning!) and all Pixar movies (i'm a big fan of almost all of them!), but I would not waste my money on something like John Wick in 3D, although one of the best action movies ever!