Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-21-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Pick a position. On property rights, the existence of the Human Rights Commission, ERCB/AER, private/public mix in healthcare. What we have now is pretty much what we had under Ralph's regime. NDP hasn't changed much of any of this yet. I'd say WR is to the right of what we presently have. No?
Are you on crack? Were no where close to where we were under Klein. Not even remotely close. I have to question if you lived under the Klein government when he was closing hospitals, schools, and cutting public spending as a whole if you think this is the same as when Klein was in charge?
Old 03-21-2017, 01:00 PM
Banned

Default difficult people

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
For the record again it is just the Kenney part of that pair that I detest.

Who will make me STFU? If you can't force me to vote how do you force me to do the latter. If I don't like ANY of the choices and choose not to support any of them then I still have the right to complain and you not liking that means sweet bugger all.

I have voted in every single Federal, Provincial, County and Municipal election that I have had the opportunity to do so. That doesn't mean that I have to do so in the future and that does not negate my right to continue to speak out. You folks talk of "freedom" yet your "freedom" is more akin to Lenin 1918 than to Jefferson 1776.
People like yourself are hard to get along with. Spoil your ballot and then bitch like a baby. Deserve a good sharp Crack in the chin if you ask me. Grow up and be a man
Old 03-21-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
Is the WR left or right of Klein's stance on gay marriage? I'm not trying to lead to other debates, but just asking where they are in relation to the Klein PCs?
Stay out of peoples bedrooms. Repair the decimated economy.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Are you on crack? Were no where close to where we were under Klein. Not even remotely close. I have to question if you lived under the Klein government when he was closing hospitals, schools, and cutting public spending as a whole if you think this is the same as when Klein was in charge?
I'm pretty sure we had the human rights commission under Klein. Maybe I'm wrong... LOL He Talked about privatization and free enterprise in healthcare. He didn't do anything about it. We have the same regulatory regime that lives in the pockets of big industry. I seem to recall he even initiated some "progressive" nonsense called the Interim Metis Harvesting Agreement. Remember that? Klein cut when he had to, did a good job of that. He blustered a lot but wasn't very right wing. He ran a "big tent" party with plenty of centerists and lefties.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by super7mag View Post
Stay out of peoples bedrooms. Repair the decimated economy.
I think you misinterpret my response. I was just showing Oko that there are aspects of the WR that are left of Ralph Klein. Whether it was right or wrong is not what I intended to debate. Nor would I care about peoples bedrooms.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burglecut83 View Post
People like yourself are hard to get along with. Spoil your ballot and then bitch like a baby. Deserve a good sharp Crack in the chin if you ask me. Grow up and be a man
Da moy komisar!

Why bother having parties at all then. Just list one candidate with a "yes" or "no" beside them.

Cause you gotta vote no matter how bad the choices ya know and deserve violence if you exercise your right not to do so.

A man doesn't hit people he disagrees with. Despots and fascists do however.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 03-21-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure we had the human rights commission under Klein. Maybe I'm wrong... LOL He Talked about privatization and free enterprise in healthcare. He didn't do anything about it. We have the same regulatory regime that lives in the pockets of big industry. I seem to recall he even initiated some "progressive" nonsense called the Interim Metis Harvesting Agreement. Remember that? Klein cut when he had to, did a good job of that. He blustered a lot but wasn't very right wing. He ran a "big tent" party with plenty of centerists and lefties.
Ralph wanted privatized healthcare, couldn't get it done without losing the federal funding. Still no suprise to see places like MIC pop up during his tenure. Also deregulated the electrical companies, and privatized liquor retailers. But keep dreaming that Ralph Klein had any sort of semblance to Rachel Notley. The WRP was formed specifically because the PC party had gone to far left after Klein. If we had continued on the same course there's a good chance that the WRP doesn't even exist.

Last edited by raab; 03-21-2017 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Ralph wanted privatized healthcare, couldn't get it done without losing the federal funding. Still no suprise to see places like MIC pop up during his tenure. Also deregulated the electrical companies, and privatized liquor retailers. But keep dreaming that Ralph Klein had any sort of semblance to Rachel Notley. The WRP was formed specifically because the PC party had gone to far left after Klein. If we had continued on the same course there's a good chance that the WRP doesn't even exist.

Personally, I think folks are expecting away too much with a change of government and there's going to be a lot of disappointed ultra right wing conservatives out there. If you're expecting huge cuts in healthcare or education, I betting it won't happen, simply because those type of cuts would cost too many votes from the main stream electorate. We may loose the carbon tax, but I'm betting in its place we'll get a PST or increased income tax, neither which will benefit the average Joe. Perhaps a few cuts to admin positions in the government, but nothing wholesale. I think too many are thinking a change in government is going to make up for the loss of provincial oil revenues. IMO, that's just wishful thinking. Time will tell I guess. A new government can't do much worse than the last two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2017, 08:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
Personally, I think folks are expecting away too much with a change of government and there's going to be a lot of disappointed ultra right wing conservatives out there. If you're expecting huge cuts in healthcare or education, I betting it won't happen, simply because those type of cuts would cost too many votes from the main stream electorate. We may loose the carbon tax, but I'm betting in its place we'll get a PST or increased income tax, neither which will benefit the average Joe. Perhaps a few cuts to admin positions in the government, but nothing wholesale. I think too many are thinking a change in government is going to make up for the loss of provincial oil revenues. IMO, that's just wishful thinking. Time will tell I guess. A new government can't do much worse than the last two.

When it comes down to brass tacks the administrations of both the dithering Idiot(Stelmach) and then the Red Queen(Redford) pretty much chucked Albertans under the bus.....Stelmach reversed the work done by Klein and then Redford made it far worse by pandering to the unions especially the ATA for the tune of 2 BILLION to bail out the ATA pension fund.

Alberta went from balanced books and Albertans getting a one time bonus check to deficits.....and the NDP has just made it even worse.There should have not been any government workers hired and by that I mean the pencil pushers but that did not stop the NDP...in the first 2 weeks they hired a slew of 12 chiefs of staff and sandbagged the clueless energy minister whose chief of staff was hired without her knowing about it.....it is called CRONYISM and the NDP do it the best.

Take an AXE to the public sector and trim the FAT....and there is a lot of FAT that has accumulated under Stelmach/Redford and even more under the NDP....lots more for the NDP.

FTH
Old 03-21-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From The Hip View Post
When it comes down to brass tacks the administrations of both the dithering Idiot(Stelmach) and then the Red Queen(Redford) pretty much chucked Albertans under the bus.....Stelmach reversed the work done by Klein and then Redford made it far worse by pandering to the unions especially the ATA for the tune of 2 BILLION to bail out the ATA pension fund.

Alberta went from balanced books and Albertans getting a one time bonus check to deficits.....and the NDP has just made it even worse.There should have not been any government workers hired and by that I mean the pencil pushers but that did not stop the NDP...in the first 2 weeks they hired a slew of 12 chiefs of staff and sandbagged the clueless energy minister whose chief of staff was hired without her knowing about it.....it is called CRONYISM and the NDP do it the best.

Take an AXE to the public sector and trim the FAT....and there is a lot of FAT that has accumulated under Stelmach/Redford and even more under the NDP....lots more for the NDP.

FTH

Fair enough. And while they're at it maybe go back to getting the right person for the job (best qualified) instead of placing priorities on gender, race etc. These hiring practices are rampant at all levels of government and even sliding into private industry. Being able to do the job seems no longer to be a requisite for getting the job.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:57 PM
Banned

Default also even a bigger slap in the face to parents ....

Quote:
The Red Queen also cancelled the competitive high school testing, some folks here might remember, that klein mandated whereby the results were published in the local newspaper.

Quote:

FTH
.... and just recently Nutley (in exchange for their votes)
cancelled the requirement for our prov's educators to register AB students in PISA international testing.

http://www.oecd.org/pisa/test/

TBD

PS ... so now has education quality in this prov goes down the crapper, none will be the wiser !

Last edited by TBD; 03-21-2017 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:55 PM

Default TBD.... you got issues man

But go ahead. Derail this into a teacher bashing thread.

I hope it's therapeutic for ya.
That's one helluvan axe you got to grind.

PISA scores are by country.
Alta gov't has always PAID to have Alberta scores separated from Canada scores.

They've stopped because ..... drum roll please.....

Our math scores now rank with those of ....... Zimbabwe!
Yes..... a perennial math powerhouse.... lol.

This is due to that new fangled math program.... that just isn't working it.

As far as I know.... the other subjects are still wayyyyy up there.

Start a new thread there TBD so ya don't derail. It's been a while since you got all cathartic on us.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 03-21-2017, 10:15 PM
Banned

Default is that the one you guys adopted from ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post

California

Quote:
... ahh Bessie it's been a'while man !

not bashing teachers per se

just adding some content to what the hipster was saying about the politicization going on in our skool system

ps ,,, sheesh Bessie u guys are sensitive

Last edited by TBD; 03-21-2017 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:17 PM

Oh it's messed up alright.

Far as I know it's being re-structured BIG time.

Which is probably what should happen.

Kinda like the current joke goin on right now...'hey teachers... teach coding, even if you not trained and stare blankly when we say algorithm....'

Sheesh!

But YOU are derailing bub.
Start nother thread.

Ps.

Nope
Not sensitive at all. I respect you. I worry bout your OCD sometimes.

Last edited by bessiedog; 03-21-2017 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:41 PM
Banned

Default well no ... not a derail

Quote:
I worry bout your OCD sometimes.
As a member on here has expressed his dislike of AB parties buying the educators vote in exchange for more lenient oversight and more lucrative compensation packages.

so in fact "these posts" have everything to do with bringing up issues AB's new party will have to look at -- that's been happening in AB's education sector since klein ...

capeesh ?

TBD

PS ... and Bessie as I mentioned earlier in the thread to your comrade, if you're going to be immature and just post insults -- sorry not interested in discussing with ya bud !

go find another thread ...

Last edited by TBD; 03-21-2017 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:05 PM

Awe

Your turn to 'not sensitive' so much.

Relax...
Old 03-22-2017, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBD View Post
I'm sorry but with that low - low post count (2) and being newly subscribed only this month - YOU DON'T GET TO ASK QUESTIONS.
Why do you say that? Do you work for Alberta Outdoorsmen Magazine, or Sports Scene Publications Inc, and thus have the authority to create messageboard rules?

As long as I don't break the rules in doing so, I can ask any questions I want, and I can share any opinion I want. And I'd kindly ask you to not pretend like these mysterious unwritten rules exist.

I suggest you bone up on the rules yourself, lest you continue to break them. > http://www.albertaoutdoorsmen.ca/board-rules.html
Old 03-22-2017, 07:10 AM

Not wanting to "teacher bash" or derail the thread, but lately I've really been wondering what is being taught in our schools the last 20 years or so? It certainly isn't math, cashiers etc can't even provide change without a calculator, it certainly isn't spelling or grammer, nor does it seem to be history or geography as the last couple generations are lucky if they know the names of all the Canadian provinces and territories, never mind provincial capitals. No wonder they don't want exams to be mandatory! Maybe it's time to get back to basic education in our school system?

Quote:
But go ahead. Derail this into a teacher bashing thread.

I hope it's therapeutic for ya.
That's one helluvan axe you got to grind.

Start a new thread there TBD so ya don't derail. It's been a while since you got all cathartic on us.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:16 AM

Quote:
The Red Queen also cancelled the competitive high school testing, some folks here might remember, that klein mandated whereby the results were published in the local newspaper.
Results are still there and they are still being compared. Don't know why your paper isn't publishing them.

https://education.alberta.ca/diploma...-exam-results/

Maybe ask Fraser why they aren't doing the comparisons as fast. Their last one was 2014-15. Other sites are comparing them and publishing the results.

http://www.eightleaves.com/alberta-high-school-rankings

Marshall McLuhan
Old 03-22-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Not wanting to "teacher bash" or derail the thread, but lately I've really been wondering what is being taught in our schools the last 20 years or so? It certainly isn't math, cashiers etc can't even provide change without a calculator, it certainly isn't spelling or grammer, nor does it seem to be history or geography as the last couple generations are lucky if they know the names of all the Canadian provinces and territories, never mind provincial capitals. No wonder they don't want exams to be mandatory! Maybe it's time to get back to basic education in our school system?
The math program from K-9 in Alberta has taken a dive due to non-math people having too much say. It's fallen on high schools to try and correct 8-9 years of math instruction from people who don't understand math -- that's a problem.

Spelling and grammar is taught because they get marked on it on Diploma Exams. Re history and geography: that has all been lumped into the morass called Social Studies in Alberta. Other provinces teach them separately.

Most high school teachers DO want Diploma Exams to be mandatory because they actually test the curriculum. The PAT's do not directly test the grade 6 and 9 curricula and do not directly test the topics that students need to know to move on to the upper grades. The Dips are fine IMO but the PAT's need to be radically altered to be of any real use.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 03-22-2017, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Da moy komisar!

Why bother having parties at all then. Just list one candidate with a "yes" or "no" beside them.

Cause you gotta vote no matter how bad the choices ya know and deserve violence if you exercise your right not to do so.

A man doesn't hit people he disagrees with. Despots and fascists do however.
And a bitch is a bitch....
Old 03-22-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burglecut83 View Post
And a bitch is a bitch....
Which is why you should quit yer bitchin'. 😭

Marshall McLuhan
Old 03-22-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Results are still there and they are still being compared. Don't know why your paper isn't publishing them.

https://education.alberta.ca/diploma...-exam-results/

Maybe ask Fraser why they aren't doing the comparisons as fast. Their last one was 2014-15. Other sites are comparing them and publishing the results.

http://www.eightleaves.com/alberta-high-school-rankings
. The alternative fact is that they were cancelled. LOL
Old 03-22-2017, 07:10 PM
Banned

Default The published results from fraser institute "were" cancelled ....

don't try and muddy the waters on this -- the links you posted aren't from a reputable third party. One is the educators themselves and the other "unknown"

.... find us the Fraser Institute comparison ( like the ones Klein had commissioned ) for say 2015 or 2016 ?

Quote:
The alternative fact is that they were cancelled. LOL
oko - you seem like a guy that has something tucked up under his sleeve on this ?

Maybe you'd like to explain ?

ps ... that is if you can find time b/w those billion dollar oil deals ur doing in the boardroom

Last edited by TBD; 03-22-2017 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
What is being taught to students in Alberta paid for by taxpayers money is Social Engineering as taught by Socialist Teachers being paid by the public money.Read any of the news for the last few years?Climate change brainwashing is on the agenda big time...the biggest thing for the last while is the garbage about kids using bathrooms they are more comfortable with......cant say I heard brainwashing about sexuality or lifestyle choice when I was even in high school but it is being pushed as an agenda in elementary school now.

Damn glad I dont have kids in the education system subjected to this BS and I damn well resent that I have to pay taxes to pay for it.

FTH
Old 03-22-2017, 08:12 PM

Quote:
don't try and muddy the waters on this -- the links you posted aren't from a reputable third party. One is the educators themselves and the other "unknown"

.... find us the Fraser Institute comparison ( like the ones Klein had commissioned ) for say 2015 or 2016 ?

oko - you seem like a guy that has something tucked up under his sleeve on this ?

Maybe you'd like to explain ?

ps ... that is if you can find time b/w those billion dollar oil deals ur doing in the boardroom

The waters aren't muddy. However, there is the turd of fake information you tried to float in there.

Ask the Fraser Institute why they aren't publishing. The data I posted from the government is the only data they had access to in the past as well. It is the same data source used in 14-15 and all the other years. The other organization is independent as well. Their methodology is different in that they only include the upper level courses and not the lower level courses. So they are making a better measure of straight academics than even the Fraser Institute was.

If you were going to refute that you better have some backing sources to prove it rather than just your rabid frothed mouth opinion.

And since the Fraser Institute by its own charter is forbidden from accepting money from governments, how did Klein commission anything from them?

Marshall McLuhan

Last edited by sjemac; 03-22-2017 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
The waters aren't muddy. However, there is the turd of fake information you tried to float in there.
SED'gee the masters of "fake" work for the Alberta's Teacher Association.

"Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five. Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to become sane.”

Quote:
Ask the Fraser Institute why they aren't publishing. The data I posted from the government is the only data they had access to in the past as well. It is the same data source used in 14-15 and all the other years.
I know why their not publishing, glad to see you can admit that now

Quote:
The other organization is independent as well. Their methodology is different in that they only include the upper level courses and not the lower level courses. So they are making a better measure of straight academics than even the Fraser Institute was.
NO --- they artificially produce better results, than a true reading of a highschools overall academic achievement.

Quote:
If you were going to refute that you better have some backing sources to prove it rather than just your rabid frothed mouth opinion.
Where is your source ^

Quote:
And since the Fraser Institute by its own charter is forbidden from accepting money from governments, how did Klein commission anything from them?
I've pasted a def'n of the word commissioned just for future reference.

The word commission has several very different meanings, but in its most basic meaning, commission is the act of passing a responsibility to someone else. If you receive a government commission, that means you have been assigned a task by the government.

TBD

PS ... it's phunny how AB's independent high school review, that klein started with fraser institute, ended shortly after Redford won election. ... And then more recently, Kleins flexibility with tax payers by allowing them to deduct private and charter school fees from their incomes ended with Nutley.

Sed'gee -- who did you vote for again ?

Last edited by TBD; 03-22-2017 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
I know why their not publishing, glad to see you can admit that now
Explain then with a source. And they haven't stopped. They just got slow.

Quote:
NO --- they artificially produce better results, than a true reading of a highschools overall academic achievement.
Since the lower levels are typically easier how could that be true?

Quote:
Where is your source ^
You are. Repeated claims with no backing and a constant deflection of the facts presented with another rant that anyone who disagrees with you is an NDP shill.

Quote:
I've pasted a def'n of the word commissioned just for future reference.

The word commission has several very different meanings, but in its most basic meaning, commission is the act of passing a responsibility to someone else. If you receive a government commission, that means you have been assigned a task by the government.
Again the Fraser Institute would not do this as it would negate any argument that they are an impartial charity. But feel free to provide a reputable news link that says that the Klein government gave direction to the FI to create such a report.

TBD

Quote:
PS ... it's phunny how AB's independent high school review, that klein started with fraser institute, ended shortly after Redford won election.
I know exactly why it ended briefly and then picked up again later albeit with more delayed results (in other words I know why they are now two years behind). Since you are so knowledgeable I'll leave it to you to inform the rest.

Quote:
Sed'gee -- who did you vote for again ?
Klein, Klein, Klein, PC, WR, WR

I can vote the same way you do and still think you're a knob you know.

At least we all now know what Sean Spicer does in his down time.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 03-22-2017, 09:56 PM
Banned

Default they just got slower ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedgee View Post
Explain then with a source. And they haven't stopped. They just got slow.

what's the pt of producing a highschool competitive ranking report for 2015 in 2017 --- could it be because their not producing them anymore

... and you need someone to produce you a link ?
... and you're calling me the "knob"

Holy ... sed'gee pls tell me ur not a high skool teacher ?

Quote:
Since the lower levels are typically easier how could that be true?
because .... lower level courses get occupied with the lower levelled iq's, which reminds me -- wanted to ask, did u get into teaching as a mature student ?

Quote:
You are. Repeated claims with no backing and a constant deflection of the facts presented with another rant that anyone who disagrees with you is an NDP shill..
NO, I can tell ur political affiliation by what you say and who you slander. sean spicer ? really sed'gee ? ... you've got a problem with sean spicer ?

Quote:
Again the Fraser Institute would not do this as it would negate any argument that they are an impartial charity. But feel free to provide a reputable news link that says that the Klein government gave direction to the FI to create such a report.
... they would produce that report, with their name all over it, pro bono -- I think klein paid to have it published though

Quote:
I know exactly why it ended briefly and then picked up again later albeit with more delayed results (in other words I know why they are now two years behind). Since you are so knowledgeable I'll leave it to you to inform the rest.
this is complete non-sense (pls refer above)

Last edited by TBD; 03-22-2017 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
what's the pt of producing a highschool competitive ranking report for 2015 in 2017 --- could it be because their not producing them anymore

... and you need someone to produce you a link ?
... and you're calling me the "knob"

Holy ... sed'gee pls tell me ur not a high skool teacher ?

because .... lower level course get occupied with the lower levelled iq's, which reminds me I wanted to ask, did u get into teaching as a mature student ?

NO, I can tell ur political affiliation by what you say and who you slander. sean spicer ? really sed'gee ? ... you've got a problem with sean spicer ?

... they would produce that report, with their name all over it, pro bono I think klein paid to have it published though

this is complete non-sense (pls refer above)
Klein paid for it out of his own pocket? LOL.

They obviously produced it of their own accord. They did not do it on the behest of Klein.

To the rest, you obviously can't provide an answer. I'll wait and give you time.

Marshall McLuhan