Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-04-2017, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
That resource is called an inmate. Word has it there are buildings full of them in the province with nothing on their minds.
Now that is a good idea!
Old 01-05-2017, 08:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
That resource is called an inmate. Word has it there are buildings full of them in the province with nothing on their minds.
As long as I can dot em' if they set a foot on "ma lan!"
Old 01-05-2017, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
I think shoveling sidewalks has become a lost art, seems like 2/3 of the people on my street must have broken backs or shovels or both. Watched one almost eat it when they slipped on their 6" lumpy, bumpy, man made glacier, man are people gettin lazy.
it is an art
Old 01-05-2017, 08:29 PM

loves to shovel
Old 01-05-2017, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker1717 View Post
loves to shovel
me tooooo
Old 01-06-2017, 07:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker1717 View Post
loves to shovel
Hairlip?
Old 01-06-2017, 09:19 AM

Thought of this thread yesterday. Seems what is good for the goose is not always good for the gander. I was asked to pick up my nephew from school yesterday and babysit a few hours. On the walk to the school (about 5 blocks) all of the sidewalk was shovelled right up to the stretch beside the school. The school grounds were clear so guess the School District cared but the city itself apparently has no respect for its own by-laws. Between all the parents and kids it was a pretty smooth piece of ice. Sent an email but don't expect much.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:24 AM

I'm a lucky guy my wife loves the exercise and works at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
You're wrong on this. Any snow that is located on a path or sidewalk that is adjacent to the road and a resident is responsible for clearing can be placed onto the road. The bylaw that covers this is 20M88
I didn't mean to imply that it was against a bylaw. I watched a news segment where a spokesman from the city stated that you should shovel it onto your lawn rather than back onto the street. They were talking specifically about the ridge left at the end of your driveway.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:26 AM
Banned

Figured it’d be a good time to reincarnate this thread, my lazy ass neighbor who never shoveled her driveway or sidewalk all of last year because myself and her neighbor on the other side of her took pity on her and shoveled her sidewalk all of last year because her husband was permanently disabled after his motorcycle accident without so much as thanks, is onto a new boyfriend, hasn’t shoveled once this year or her winner boyfriend, they’ve got over a foot of snow on their sidewalk because me and the other neighbor refuse to shovel their walk, just makes me sick how lazy these tattooed idiots are, ya yer big and tough with all your tattoos but can’t be bothered to lift a finger to shovel their own walk, no pride, just lazy, useless, entitled, wastes of hide. My new Mennonite neighbors from Manitoba on the other side, well, they’re awesome!
Old 12-31-2017, 02:37 AM

Man. Opened this thread and I feel like everyone has been talking about me.

Been hard up with the flu last 3 days with tons of snowfall. Would love to have some kids coming around offering to shovel for money right about now...
Old 12-31-2017, 03:34 AM

Quote:
figured it’d be a good time to reincarnate this thread, my lazy ass neighbor who never shoveled her driveway or sidewalk all of last year because myself and her neighbor on the other side of her took pity on her and shoveled her sidewalk all of last year because her husband was permanently disabled after his motorcycle accident without so much as thanks, is onto a new boyfriend, hasn’t shoveled once this year or her winner boyfriend, they’ve got over a foot of snow on their sidewalk because me and the other neighbor refuse to shovel their walk, just makes me sick how lazy these tattooed idiots are, ya yer big and tough with all your tattoos but can’t be bothered to lift a finger to shovel their own walk, no pride, just lazy, useless, entitled, wastes of hide. My new mennonite neighbors from manitoba on the other side, well, they’re awesome!
wwjd?
Old 12-31-2017, 07:54 AM
Banned

Townie problems lol. Tractors are for moving snow shovels are for digging in the garden. Unless its real bad then the md flag gets put out at the end of the drive.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:22 AM

On my rental properties in St Paul my lease states tennant must shovel walks 12 hours after snow stops. If icy walks must be sanded. I bring a couple of 5 gal pails full if salt sand mix every year. If not done I will come in and do them for a $50 bill. Had it only happen once.That was 3 years ago.4 different properties that's not bad odds.

Old 12-31-2017, 09:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by colroggal View Post
Call it pride. I also call it basic civic duty.

Colin
It’s also called the law, if there is a complaint after24 hour the city will shovel it and put it on your taxes and likely fine you
Old 12-31-2017, 11:57 AM

In the 11+ years I have been at my house I can honestly say that my fantastic neighbour has shovelled twice. So my kids have the pleasure of negotiating his glacier to get to school. He’s useless. Same guy who never cuts or waters the lawn or cleans up his dog crap. He’s a turd.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
Ok so now he lives 10 feet from you in the city, which this thread is about, and his crappy run down house makes it so you cant sell yours unless you drop the price 20 grand. Or your kids have to walk on the street because he wont shovel his walks. You comments are appreciated however they have absolutely nothing to do with this post. Any neighbor that does or does not do things that are required by law and it bugs you its certainly not a time to mind your own business.
Absolutely, why should it be that we all have to abide the lowest common denominator as acceptable?
Old 12-31-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny View Post
In the 11+ years I have been at my house I can honestly say that my fantastic neighbour has shovelled twice. So my kids have the pleasure of negotiating his glacier to get to school. He’s useless. Same guy who never cuts or waters the lawn or cleans up his dog crap. He’s a turd.
Bacon grease, the dogs will clean up their own crap! I love that lol!!!!

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-31-2017, 01:26 PM

stihl backpack blower... money well spent !! didnt have to start the big machine this year
need to get a faceshield with the blower.. sometime i get a face wash from the blow backs
Old 12-31-2017, 08:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan71 View Post
Man. Opened this thread and I feel like everyone has been talking about me.

Been hard up with the flu last 3 days with tons of snowfall. Would love to have some kids coming around offering to shovel for money right about now...
Not talkin about you, these idiots next door haven’t touched a shovel all year, they’ve still got a foot of snow where their sidewalk, these guys are losers, you on the other hand obviously have a conscious, these lazy turds are too good to be shoveling that’s what happens when daddy buys you a house.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner View Post
wwjd?
Huh?
Old 12-31-2017, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Huh?
what would Jesus do