Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-28-2017, 05:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerThomson View Post
Well there is only one way to my neighbors property and that is to drive passed my place. If the dog barks I get up and go check. If it's someone I don't know I follow them and ask them what they are doing. Kicked plenty of hunters workout permission off the land info the last couple years.
Seriously how is this an alien concept are you really this thick?
Lol and the moment thieves show aggression you run or what?
Old 12-28-2017, 05:26 PM

Quote:
My my we need to brush up on our reading comprehension. I look out for my neighbors my neighbors look out for me. Keep the gates closed among other precautions. All things I've already said. But it doesn't match your view so why would you ever read it right.

Also I drive a Ford so keys in or out make no difference to the theif. Keys in and when I get it back it won't have a busted steering column. It also helps that I drive standard which is a natural deterrent.
And the number of break ins in Alberta and elsewhere, indicates that this isn't preventing the thefts and break ins. You can stick your head in the sand and ignore what is going on, but unless we make major changes, the thefts and break ins will continue.
Old 12-28-2017, 05:29 PM

I Believe it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter guy View Post
Well already there won't be no more stealing
Old 12-28-2017, 05:34 PM

I love the non-chalant, simplifying the theft banter from TT. I have to laugh when you say leave the keys in the truck, have at er, I've got insurance attitude. I've seen some of the trucks that are stolen and returned to the rightful owner weeks later after being driven 180km/hr thru sloughs and stubble fields and ditches. Here ya go Tyler, here's your truck back, looks good on the outside. Have never seen them hand a new vehicle to a victim yet. There's your F-350 trashed sitting in your driveway. I doubt you are serious when you say have at er, I've got insurance.
Old 12-28-2017, 05:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
And the number of break ins in Alberta and elsewhere, indicates that this isn't preventing the thefts and break ins. You can stick your head in the sand and ignore what is going on, but unless we make major changes, the thefts and break ins will continue.
Tyler has it all fiqured out man, you leave your doors unlocked and keys in it, and your headlights on, if they come throw your light bar on should back them away pretty fast if not they will take your truck than insurance will cover it!!! Haha that's best thing I've heard gonna remember that
Old 12-28-2017, 05:48 PM

So police wont being going to rural break and enter scenes anymore?
Old 12-28-2017, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2K View Post
So police wont being going to rural break and enter scenes anymore?
There's no such thing as break and enters, it's people who leave their doors open and welcomed the criminal, they never do forced entry at all. They always ask permission before they come in and borrow something
Old 12-28-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly 12 View Post
There's no such thing as break and enters, it's people who leave their doors open and welcomed the criminal, they never do forced entry at all. They always ask permission before they come in and borrow something
People that leave the doors open, and the keys in the vehicle.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk396 View Post
I love the non-chalant, simplifying the theft banter from TT. I have to laugh when you say leave the keys in the truck, have at er, I've got insurance attitude. I've seen some of the trucks that are stolen and returned to the rightful owner weeks later after being driven 180km/hr thru sloughs and stubble fields and ditches. Here ya go Tyler, here's your truck back, looks good on the outside. Have never seen them hand a new vehicle to a victim yet. There's your F-350 trashed sitting in your driveway. I doubt you are serious when you say have at er, I've got insurance.
Does TT stand for Tyler Trollin.
Trollin trollin trollin Let's keep Tyler trollin. Lets hide

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 12-28-2017, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
You do understand what the word opportunity means right.
Just keep shining those headlights.

Alberta thieves won't know what to do.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:45 PM

Mounties in Okotoks don't even respond to stolen vehicles now. They just ask you to come to their office with the claims. pretty sad.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRiver View Post
Mounties in Okotoks don't even respond to stolen vehicles now. They just ask you to come to their office with the claims. pretty sad.
Money talks, and it takes money to investigate crime, whereas they can make money handing out traffic tickets.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRiver View Post

Yeah no kidding, that's discussing. But wait I thought stolen vehicles get returned by the thieves, full tank, no damage and washed lol. Say you caught someone thieving your property and thrashed him, they would be right there and go straight to work. But hey society is going in the right direction I keep hearing....
Old 12-30-2017, 12:41 PM

Sounds like the RCMP are finally on the right track to me. There’s not a lot of ‘people’ doing all this.

Going around collecting reports from people doesn’t solve crimes most of the time. Being intelligent and spending more time, resources and money learning who the few are goes a long way. Pay a snitch $5000 for a name or 2. Watch the 1 or 2 and learn of a dozen more. Watch them long enough and bust them for a laundry list of crimes that show their not some poor misguided soul who made 1 wrong decision and send them to the pen for 5-10 years.

$5000 for a name seems like a lot, but when you add up the loss of property this goof will add up, it’s money well spent.

We’re all paying for this anyways. Property or insurance, or ..... proactive policing. Drive by your local RCMP office and count the cruisers. You’ll note it’s about the same number they had 15-20 years ago. The city police have adapted, but RCMP is in the past. Now that many veterans have retired we have a large rookie force with not much in terms of investigation.

ALERT should be given the funds to expand ten fold. Drones, unmarked cars, etc. hit the problem with more force than necessary. It won’t be long till a few of these rural crimes turn deadly.

We as citizens should be given more rights to use deadly force. Turning some punks leg in to Swiss cheese solves a lot of problems. Criminals watch the news too. They know there’s nothing you can do other than try to grab them and pin them down. Or yell at them as they drive off in your truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2017, 01:40 PM

The courts/justice system is most of the problem. The criminals know if they get caught all they get is a slap on the wrist and off they go and do it again. Need to have people go to the court house when it's in session and find out who is doing the thieving/put a face to it and then let the "Star Chamber" take care of the problem.