Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 08:10 PM
Banned

Default Man captured on video unleashing racist tirade at Calgary grocery has been charged

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...rges-1.4463741

Authorities say his name will be released once he appears in court.

I bet he doesn't pull this crap in jail unless he wants his panties pulled up. Idiot.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:22 PM

Not a wise thing to do. That little tirade will follow him for the rest of his life, meaning the record. I'm sure his employer will be thrilled with him as well.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk396 View Post
Not a wise thing to do. That little tirade will follow him for the rest of his life, meaning the record. I'm sure his employer will be thrilled with him as well.
Unless he's self employed I'm fairly confident "his employer" doesn't enter into the equation anymore. Unless of course he's employed by the Republicans.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
Unless he's self employed I'm fairly confident "his employer" doesn't enter into the equation anymore. Unless of course he's employed by the Republicans.
I've noticed this trend, where people get fired for all manner of things that go viral online, some of which have jack squat to do with their jobs. I know many employers have policies regarding conduct but I think there have been many instances where the mob with the burning torches have made mountains out of molehills. Say for instance if a hunter gets vilified by anti's, is it right for them to be fired from their place of employment if their only sin was posting photos from a legal hunt? Sure there are ones who deserve some comeuppance, but its not always the case.

I've not watched the racist rant video in question and have no plans to that effect.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:55 PM
Banned

Ignorant a-hole with some serious anger issues. Hope he gets a decent punishment.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:14 PM

Hope he gets everything coming to him. Idiot is right. Disgusting
Old 12-29-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I've noticed this trend, where people get fired for all manner of things that go viral online, some of which have jack squat to do with their jobs. I know many employers have policies regarding conduct but I think there have been many instances where the mob with the burning torches have made mountains out of molehills. Say for instance if a hunter gets vilified by anti's, is it right for them to be fired from their place of employment if their only sin was posting photos from a legal hunt? Sure there are ones who deserve some comeuppance, but its not always the case.

I've not watched the racist rant video in question and have no plans to that effect.
If you watched the video you would likely be okay with his employer firing him.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
If you watched the video you would likely be okay with his employer firing him.
You're probably right, my post was in no way in defense of his idiocy.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:58 PM

Quote:

If keeping someone gainfully employed can possibly damage business, why keep him? Business is just that, business. Right or wrong.
Old 12-30-2017, 12:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
If keeping someone gainfully employed can possibly damage business, why keep him? Business is just that, business. Right or wrong.
If the gain outweighs the damage keep him, not everyone's perfect.
Old 12-30-2017, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
If the gain outweighs the damage keep him, not everyone's perfect.
Basically I said if the cons outweigh the pros, turf him.
You quote me and say if the pros outweigh the cons keep him.
Funny stuff.
Old 12-30-2017, 12:52 AM

Eh as far as work goes if he's dealing with customers he'd be gone. If he doesn't deal with folks and he does good keep him. I don't really like racists but hey free speach and the repercussions therein.

On a side note I do hate this Court of public opinion thing we have been seeing. Fact is this guy is dead in the water now. Even once his charge is laid and he has paid the debt to society that video will stay. For all I know the guy has had some sort of bad luck recently and just got unlucky to have his breaking point filmed. Either way his judgement should be run through the court system and not on Facebook.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:20 AM

Old 12-30-2017, 06:14 AM

Default I'm glad that he is charged

Well he will have his day in court. It will be interesting if it goes to trial or if he just pleads out. I don't think going to trial would be a good idea, but that's just me.

Jail time is a very real possibility, we need to discourage this sort of thing.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:19 AM
Banned

What is more important, free speech or people’s feelings?

I haven’t watched the video but barring the guy overtly threatening violence I don’t think there should be charges in relation to his words. Shoving etc obviously will result in charges.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post

I haven’t watched the video but barring the guy overtly threatening violence I don’t think there should be charges in relation to his words. Shoving etc obviously will result in charges.
Thank you. We know where you stand with your new views.

Even free speech has limits. We can start with slander.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:26 AM

Quote:

The idiot from Hydro One a few years back talking about that female news reporter is one case that went a little to far unless the seats where owned by his employer but that wasnt the case.

My employer can and does monitor social media and pictures taken and posted at work on company time (even lunch or coffee break) can and has ended up in a meeting with the lovely HR Gal.... theft of time is always a heavy rap to beat even in a Union Shop.
I have even been called to task about conversations about their Company Policies relating to travel with firearms of the transportation of DG.

The guy deserves his just reward and already being convicted in the public court of opinion in this case (my opinion) one simply doesnt push people physically, threaten to harm folks doing their job and if that Red Neck was so offended by the simple mistake of a double scanned item caused him so much aggravation he simply could have left the store and not paid for the items.

The Red Neck chose the other path and now faces that court of public opinion and the Courts of Law and again afterwards the court of pubic opinion after due process...the gift that keeps on giving...

And Wags, what I like about Free Speech is the ability in forums like this one can add peoples to their ignore lists...
The guy your speaking of joined my group not long ago.

Rob
Old 12-30-2017, 07:59 AM

Sjw much ......
The only thing I seen in the video was the cashier touched the man having a out burst. The man then says don't touch me and pushes the cashier...
I get it. Keep your hands to yourself. But charges over words ?
This must be Commie Canada?
Trudeau is turning all your brains into globalist thinking bots lol

Why has multiculturalism failed ?
Old 12-30-2017, 08:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post

I love this..." I haven't watched the video"...but this is what I think.
If you hanen't watched, who gives a rats rear end, what you think.
Try watching and making an informed decision instead of reacting to the reactions of a few.
You sound like a typical millennial.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.A.C View Post
Sjw much ......
The only thing I seen in the video was the cashier touched the man having a out burst. The man then says don't touch me and pushes the cashier...
I get it. Keep your hands to yourself. But charges over words ?
This must be Commie Canada?
Trudeau is turning all your brains into globalist thinking bots lol

Why has multiculturalism failed ?
I wasn't a racist before Trudeau too.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:22 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
I wasn't a racist before Trudeau too.
Our government promotes and supports racism, how can you give to one culture and not another then say all are equal...someone gets upset which creates acts of racism.

Now back to the video....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-30-2017, 08:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
I love this..." I haven't watched the video"...but this is what I think.
If you hanen't watched, who gives a rats rear end, what you think.
Try watching and making an informed decision instead of reacting to the reactions of a few.
You sound like a typical millennial.
Well for one, you obviously have something to say about what I think.

And as soon as people start saying “you can’t say that” then all hope is lost.

Do we really want to start restricting what people say? Public humiliation will take care of boneheads like this guy, but as far as criminal charges - that is a slippery slope.

Any physical actions, or threats of violence, is a different case.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:27 AM
Banned

Who cares? Do you understand more than 1 language? I do
I've heard lots of "racist" comments from people at stores that communicate in language other than English.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but OH words will kill me dead . Us north Americans are in a sad sad state.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:35 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophybook View Post
Who cares? Do you understand more than 1 language? I do
I've heard lots of "racist" comments from people at stores that communicate in language other than English.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but OH words will kill me dead . Us north Americans are in a sad sad state.
Thirty years ago a fist fight would have started, no one would have known nothing for the most part the next day other than a few stories, I said, you said, I touched you and you punched me in the nose...case closed.

I know we shouldn't promote nor support it but man it was over so quickly, win some , loose some.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-30-2017, 08:35 AM

If one reacts like this to an everyday mistake made by a young kid that is already working on fixing the mistake it's obvious who the butt hurt snowflake is.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Our government promotes and supports racism, how can you give to one culture and not another then say all are equal...someone gets upset which creates acts of racism.

We'll said!, the definition of equal must have changed for when I was taught what it meant. I'm not saying it's fine to start calling people ignorant names, but man get over it, we all get names called towards us, some just carry on. But there's the phone out recording it, didn't catch the very start only the end, Anymore it's just stupid, everything is a racist statement on the bigger scale and that's how our enemies are shutting us up on everything so they can continue to push their ways. They don't get their ways it's racism.

It's ok for a black to call another black a n.gger but when another color does it it's racist, to me the word would be bad no matter who says it. Just sayin.....
Old 12-30-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagehunter View Post
If one reacts like this to an everyday mistake made by a young kid that is already working on fixing the mistake it's obvious who the butt hurt snowflake is.
Bingo!
Old 12-30-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post

Do they? How's that?

They've gone around calling folks bomb making xxxx because they're not white? I missed that.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
Do they? How's that?

They've gone around calling folks bomb making xxxx because they're not white? I missed that.
Lol no they pay terrorists!!
Old 12-30-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly 12 View Post
We'll said!, the definition of equal must have changed for when I was taught what it meant. I'm not saying it's fine to start calling people ignorant names, but man get over it, we all get names called towards us, some just carry on. But there's the phone out recording it, didn't catch the very start only the end, Anymore it's just stupid, everything is a racist statement on the bigger scale and that's how our enemies are shutting us up on everything so they can continue to push their ways. They don't get their ways it's racism.

It's ok for a black to call another black a n.gger but when another color does it it's racist, to me the word would be bad no matter who says it. Just sayin.....
There's a difference between being called a name and being labelled because of the color of your skin. This grocery shopper did more than call someone a name.

Unfortunately, racists aren't shutting up, they're getting louder.