Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-08-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Nova *!%
Same as kids (teens) some probably would, no stigma with it anymore.
Some people have more fear of laws and therefore naturally refrain from breaking them.(raised right et al )
Raise the speed limit on deerfoot to 150 Km and people will drive that fast ,assuming it must be safe otherwise the limit would be lower.
As has been stated over and over again in this thread, Legalize drugs and more people will "give it a try" it is a cruel Russian roulette, some people will not be able to get over how "good" it feels to be high, some will feel no affects and not want to waste their hard earned money on it others will die a horrible death from an OD their first and only time, or worse destroy their liver or go completely insane because their body or brain cannot handle the drug they chose

Quote:
Originally Posted by pophouseman View Post
Would you?
If they suddenly made rocket launchers and full auto M-16's legal would you try it? HELL YAH!

I think there is a valid arguement to be made if certain drugs were made legal then yes more people would try and use said drugs.....

LC
Old 07-08-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Nova *!%
Same as kids (teens) some probably would, no stigma with it anymore.
Some people have more fear of laws and therefore naturally refrain from breaking them.(raised right et al )
Raise the speed limit on deerfoot to 150 Km and people will drive that fast ,assuming it must be safe otherwise the limit would be lower.
As has been stated over and over again in this thread, Legalize drugs and more people will "give it a try" it is a cruel Russian roulette, some people will not be able to get over how "good" it feels to be high, some will feel no affects and not want to waste their hard earned money on it others will die a horrible death from an OD their first and only time, or worse destroy their liver or go completely insane because their body or brain cannot handle the drug they chose

If they suddenly made rocket launchers and full auto M-16's legal would you try it? HELL YAH!

I think there is a valid arguement to be made if certain drugs were made legal then yes more people would try and use said drugs.....

LC
It seems cigarette smoking is down % points in canada over the past 15 years. cig's are legal and accessible. Smoking feels good, it gives a head rush, a little mini high if you will (first thing in the morning) yet less people are doing it..........wonder why that is? I think if drugs were legalized the same % of people using now would continue to use and thats it. I would think most older matured smart people would be scared of drugs, hopefully they would teach their offspring the same.....the % of user may seem to rise, but probably because more closet users would admit. I don't think people would be rushing out to buy Meth just because it is legal
Old 07-08-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Would you?
Been there done that. So no I would not. I have spoken with people a little older than myself,where their eyes just light up, and they get kind of wistful voiced and say if only it wasn't illegal
Guy Fawkes and his companions
Did the scheme contrive,
To blow the king and parliament
All up alive!
Eat, Drink, and be merry for tomorrow we shall surely die
Certified tinfoil hat wearing redneck.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR_mike View Post
So I think we can all agree that every humans tolerance/ physiological effects to different substances (cannabis, alcohol, opiates, tobacco,) is unique and different from others?

What is benign for one is detrimental to others?
Yup 100%
Sorry about the spelling police thing I know I misspell words too.
Did the scheme contrive,
All up alive!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Nova *!% View Post
Been there done that. So no I would not. I have spoken with people a little older than myself,where their eyes just light up, and they get kind of wistful voiced and say if only it wasn't illegal
Really??????? they seriously would love to try meth, but wont because it is illegal....?
Old 07-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Gone Hunting

Why would you find that surprising. alot of people risk everything in their life including their life to try it while it is illegal. Make it legal and remove some of the negatives and you're surprised someone would try it. HMMMM?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 07-08-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Really??????? they seriously would love to try meth, but wont because it is illegal....?
LOL
read my posts on this subject,I wouldn't wish meth on an enemy.I have never had a "feel good "conversation about meth. As you didn't start posting on this subject for a few pages,I'll enlighten you,I smoked crystal meth for 2.5 years.It was a living HELL.I quit,and locked myself in my house for 3 months (out of paranoia)
You should be able to tell I was talking about marijuana
I was lucky enough in life,that when I felt I might like to try Heroin, the addicts that I knew would not buy it for me as I had never done it before.This is much less than I would do for someone who asked me for meth.If a person wants to go down that road I would suggest a bullet is much faster and less painful way to end your life
Did the scheme contrive,
All up alive!
Old 07-08-2011, 11:10 PM

Default Time Killer!!!

I can't believe that I read this from start to finish, quite the brain candy though and a good source of entertainment! Topics like this sure bring out some raw emotion that's for sure and some good points from both sides. As with any opinion I am all for having them but even more for hearing the other side, might even learn a thing or two! So the main points of argument on here have surrounded, "Yes/No pot should be legalized" and the harms of the drug. I am wondering what the input and thoughts are on "IF" pot (I am ONLY talking pot) will be legalized in Canada? I have gotten a pretty good idea on how you feel about the drug from the last 20 pages and just want to know if you believe (not if you agree with) it will happen, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, never???

Old 07-08-2011, 11:12 PM

dont legelize drugs, leave it as is, infact ban smoking!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 11:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by best guide shawn homeniuk View Post
dont legelize drugs, leave it as is, infact ban smoking!!!!!!!!!!!
and private pictures taken with a cellphone in the bathroom then made public.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post
and private pictures taken with a cellphone in the bathroom then made public.
What???

I have seen some wild segways in my day, but....

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-09-2011, 02:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
What???

I have seen some wild segways in my day, but....
oh, I was trying to lighten things up, (long to short someone posted some pics)
Old 07-09-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntmaster83 View Post
I can't believe that I read this from start to finish, quite the brain candy though and a good source of entertainment! Topics like this sure bring out some raw emotion that's for sure and some good points from both sides. As with any opinion I am all for having them but even more for hearing the other side, might even learn a thing or two! So the main points of argument on here have surrounded, "Yes/No pot should be legalized" and the harms of the drug. I am wondering what the input and thoughts are on "IF" pot (I am ONLY talking pot) will be legalized in Canada? I have gotten a pretty good idea on how you feel about the drug from the last 20 pages and just want to know if you believe (not if you agree with) it will happen, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, never???
smoking, possession and the buying of pot are pretty much nonpunishable crimes in Canada, these days anyways. 99% of police officers wouldn't even write a warning for anything less then an ounce of marijuana anyways. I think the issue of punishing offenders these days really only applies to the growers and distributors. Users are pretty much off the hook. When I was in Vancouver for the Olympics last year I saw two guys passing a joint on a street corner on burrard street with a police officer on foot 4 feet behind them. He couldn't have cared less.