Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 04:39 PM

Default Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhunter51 View Post
Hey Mac. Is your real name Charlie Sheen. He says he's a winner and pretty much everyone ( except the stoners ) has him figured out. Drugs never affected him !!!! This whole discussion is way off, as Cat said 'no one is going to change the law here' and it is never going to be legal. This is stupid. I'm done

Spoken like a true winner. Gonna take the high road now that you've ****ed me off and backed you into a corner??

Because you aren't man enough to admit defeat you are leaving? But I'm not going to let you off the hook that easy. I'm smarter and more successful then you?? And Im a loser, stoner, addict, criminal? Lol how does that make you feel?? I usually try to keep my nose clean. But spew any more garbage that you have no buisness talking about and we will see who wins this battle of
wits. You are done when I say you are done..... Your turn
Old 09-28-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky672 View Post
And... how many times would we see people selling booze on the corner if there we didn't have about a thousand liquor stores and bars in Edmonton alone...not to mention the licensed restaurants and the fact that lots of people make their own wine and beer.
Is this still really being compared...alcohol to illegal drugs?

28.4% of Canadians have tried pot in the last year.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hc-ps/pubs/ad...eng.php#tbl4-1

79.4% of Canadians have had a drink in the last year.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hc-ps/pubs/ad...eng.php#tbl3-1

interesting tables...give them a read.

The pot table...Table 4.3 Frequency of cannabis use during the past three months among total sample and past-year users, by sex, Canada, aged 15+, 2004. Is very telling. Essentially it looks like of the 28.4% that have used in the past year...the trend looks like a once a year scenario. A very high percentage did not partake in the past 3 months. A very small percentage smoked pot daily, weekly, monthly or twice in that 3 months. So really...looks like the majority do it cause it is a lark...something to do to challenge authority...like speeding. Hardly the stats that say to society we must protect any perceived "right" to smoke an illegal drug.

Table 4.4 Percentage of cannabis-related harm as assessed by ASSIST among past-three month cannabis users, by sex, Canada, aged 15+, 2004.

This shows of the group that had smoked in the last 3 months...why they smoked pot.

So to all those people that say there are tons of people around us all doing pot...the facts show that about 1/4 have used in the last year...and only a small fraction of those have used in the past 3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerb View Post
casual I think is around once every few weeks. Chronic would be daily.
By this definition...there are hardly even any casual pot smokers in Canada.

Some people have alluded to it being their "right" to smoke pot. What exactly is a "right" and does this fall into that category?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket Aces View Post
The first sentance, yes I do stand up for the right for people to use marijuana and the right to see the truth.
Quote:
Fantastic! I myself, have researched the truth and facts, and decided to partake is a substance that is 100% natural and refuse to not let a group of crooked politicians lie to me and deny me rights to such a plant, all based on their crooked money making plans and practices, is a matter of personal choice based upon my strong values and self confidence in life.

The right choices? How do you know your choice is right? Perhaps to yourself it is. I believe my choice (different than yours), is right. So there is no right and wrong in a general term, only to yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerb View Post
laws are not always morally right.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/right

right/raɪt/ Show Spelled [rahyt] Show IPA adjective, -er, -est, noun, adverb, verb

adjective

1. in accordance with what is good, proper, or just: right conduct.

2. in conformity with fact, reason, truth, or some standard or principle;
correct: the right solution; the right answer.

3. correct in judgment, opinion, or action.

4. fitting or appropriate; suitable: to say the right thing at the right time.

5. most convenient, desirable, or favorable: Omaha is the right location for a meatpacking firm.

6. of, pertaining to, or located on or near the side of a person or thing that is turned toward the east when the subject is facing north ( opposed to left).

7. in a satisfactory state; in good order: to put things right.

8. sound, sane, or normal: to be in one's right mind; She wasn't right in her head when she made the will.

9. in good health or spirits: I don't feel quite right today.

10. principal, front, or upper: the right side of cloth.

11. ( often initial capital letter ) of or pertaining to political conservatives or their beliefs.

12. socially approved, desirable, or influential: to go to the right schools and know the right people.

13. formed by or with reference to a perpendicular: a right angle.

14. straight: a right line.

15. Geometry . having an axis perpendicular to the base: a right cone.

16. Mathematics . pertaining to an element of a set that has a given property when placed on the right of an element or set of elements of the given set: a right identity.

17. genuine; authentic: the right owner.

noun

18. a just claim or title, whether legal, prescriptive, or moral: You have a right to say what you please.

19. Sometimes, rights. that which is due to anyone by just claim, legal guarantees, moral principles, etc.: women's rights; Freedom of speech is a right of all Americans.

20. adherence or obedience to moral and legal principles and authority.

21. that which is morally, legally, or ethically proper: to know right from wrong.

22. a moral, ethical, or legal principle considered as an underlying cause of truth, justice, morality, or ethics.

23. Sometimes, rights. the interest or ownership a person, group, or business has in property: He has a 50-percent right in a silver mine. The author controls the screen rights for the book.

24. the property itself or its value.

25. Finance .

a. the privilege, usually preemptive, that accrues to the owners of the stock of a corporation to subscribe to additional shares of stock or securities convertible into stock at an advantageous price.

b. Often, rights. the privilege of subscribing to a specified amount of a stock or bond issue, or the document certifying this privilege.

26. that which is in accord with fact, reason, propriety, the correct way of thinking, etc.

27. the state or quality or an instance of being correct.

28. the side that is normally opposite to that where the heart is; the
direction toward that side: to turn to the right.

29. a right-hand turn: Make a right at the top of the hill.

30. the portion toward the right, as of troops in battle formation: Our right crumbled.

31. (in a pair) the member that is shaped for, used by, or situated on the right side: Is this shoe a left or a right?

32. the right hand: Jab with your left and punch with your right.

33. the Right,

a. the complex of individuals or organized groups opposing change in a liberal direction and usually advocating maintenance of the established social, political, or economic order, sometimes by authoritarian means.

b. the position held by these people: The Depression led to a movement away from the Right. Compare left1 ( defs. 6a, b ).

c. right wing.

34. ( usually initial capital letter ) the part of a legislative assembly, especially in continental Europe, that is situated on the right side of the presiding officer and that is customarily assigned to members of the legislature who hold more conservative or reactionary views than the rest of the members.

35. the members of such an assembly who sit on the Right.

36. Boxing . a blow delivered by the right hand: a right to the jaw.

37. Baseball . right field.

adverb

38. in a straight or direct line; straight; directly: right to the bottom; to come right home.

39. quite or completely; all the way: My hat was knocked right off.

40. immediately; promptly: right after dinner.

41. exactly; precisely: right here.

42. correctly or accurately: to guess right.

43. uprightly or righteously: to obey one's conscience and live right.

44. properly or fittingly: to behave right.

45. advantageously, favorably, or well: to turn out right.

46. toward the right hand; on or to the right: to keep right; to turn right.

47. Informal . very; extremely: a right fine day.

48. very (used in certain titles): the right reverend.

verb (used with object)

49. to put in or restore to an upright position: to right a fallen lamp.

50. to put in proper order, condition, or relationship: to right a crookedly hung picture.

51. to bring into conformity with fact; correct: to right one's point of view.

52. to do justice to; avenge: to be righted in court.

53. to redress, as a wrong.

verb (used without object)

54. to resume an upright or the proper position: After the storm the saplings righted.

Idioms

55. by rights, in fairness; justly: You should by rights have been asked your opinion on the matter.

56. in one's own right, by reason of one's own ability, ownership, etc.; in or of oneself, as independent of others: He is a rich man in his own right.

57. in the right, having the support of reason or law; correct: It pays to be stubborn when one is in the right.

58. right and left, on every side; in all directions: throwing his clothes right and left; members resigning right and left.

59. right away / off, without hesitation; immediately: She made a good impression right off.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:53 PM

Default Wow

You are right. You convinced me to stop smoking the marijuana and enter a rehabilitation facility immediately. Thank you for spending all that time with your incredibly long post. You may have just saved my life.....

If everyone cared as much as you the world would be a better place. You could have spent the last 2 hours volunteering at the Stollery Children's Hospital or homeless shelter but you chose to save my soul instead. Thank you.

Last edited by mac_xi@hotmail.com; 09-28-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:18 PM

Talking

Closet pot smokes did not take part in these studies ,people who don't want other people to no of them smoking ''illegal'' drugs
Old 09-28-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white whaler View Post
Closet pot smokes did not take part in these studies ,people who don't want other people to no of them smoking ''illegal'' drugs
Actually by law the census is confidential. In fact anyone that truly believes it a "right" to smoke would of surely put in their two cents...unless they were hungry and went for a "walk" to get a burger.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:10 PM

Holy smokes Sundance. Ya really think anybody reads your posts?

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 09-28-2011, 09:15 PM

Sundance, you need to relax, take it easy, maybe go for a "safety meeting"!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:21 PM

I dont have time to go through this whole thread but my reasons to regulate,

Prohibition has not prevented the cultivation, sale or use of Marijuana

Criminalization has created enormous costs to the tax payers

Criminalization has created a significant criminal element (both here and abroad)

Marijuana use has legitimate medical benefits

Marijuana use has recreational benefits

Prohibition makes marijuana more accessible to minors

Prohibition takes away from basic freedoms we are meant to have

Marijuana has multiple uses in the industrial and energy sectors

Marijuana Is Not Lethal

My Family was destroyed by alcoholism if only they had smoked a little weed instead of hitting the bottle.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda450 View Post
Old 09-28-2011, 09:38 PM

pot is illegal'''but with a prescription from my doctor ,i can buy weed from the ...government
Old 09-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
pot is illegal'''but with a prescription from my doctor ,i can buy weed from the ...government

true my uncle just went through the process and it has taken months and multiple doctors to sign off, so the government says it's illegal but if you get government employees (doctors) to sign something the government will sell illegal stuff to you to help you, anybody else think the whole thing is rediculous and we should get the government out of it and let people decide themselves?.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:

I don't expect anyone to read what they don't want to

But the whole point of an open forum is so everyone can post

Those too scared to read contrary opinions can always look at the items for sale threads.

It is very hard to argue with someone who is just...so...mellow.

But in a nutshell...

Only 3% smoke pot regularly...25% smoke once a year as a lark...People needing medicinal pot should continue to get it legally. Nothing should change. Drug dealers will continue to go to jail so long as people continue to buy illegal pot. Recreational users will continue to get off without a ticket. Why continue to worry about it...just go get some chips and dip and curl up and watch Monty Python reruns...maybe the odd Dr. Who. Listen to some Reggae and just forget your problems for a few hours.

It is never going to be legal...so let's talk about something more productive.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast View Post

true my uncle just went through the process and it has taken months and multiple doctors to sign off, so the government says it's illegal but if you get government employees (doctors) to sign something the government will sell illegal stuff to you to help you, anybody else think the whole thing is rediculous and we should get the government out of it and let people decide themselves?.
It is not illegal if you have a prescription...just like any other behind the counter drug for pain, appetite enhancers, etc.

Those getting pot are already self medicating. There appears to be no problem getting it. Why worry just be happy...
Old 09-28-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast View Post

What is he using the weed for
Old 09-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post

Those getting pot are already self medicating. There appears to be no problem getting it. Why worry just be happy...
Until the drug pusher starts to sell at my kid's school. That is why I worry. And if I catch a drug pusher, then he should worry.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:

I don't expect anyone to read what they don't want to

But the whole point of an open forum is so everyone can post

Those too scared to read contrary opinions can always look at the items for sale threads.

It is very hard to argue with someone who is just...so...mellow.

But in a nutshell...

Only 3% smoke pot regularly...25% smoke once a year as a lark...People needing medicinal pot should continue to get it legally. Nothing should change. Drug dealers will continue to go to jail so long as people continue to buy illegal pot. Recreational users will continue to get off without a ticket. Why continue to worry about it...just go get some chips and dip and curl up and watch Monty Python reruns...maybe the odd Dr. Who. Listen to some Reggae and just forget your problems for a few hours.

It is never going to be legal...so let's talk about something more productive.
like weed plantations ,,anything gos in BC,,the guys make more money on pot than alberta doze on wheat ,corn ,cattle,,,,,,combined.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
What is he using the weed for
chronic pain in his knees, needs replacement but they won't do it because he is too young,tried everything else and nothing works.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
LOL! Best post I have read in this whole thread.

Ignore him guys, he obviously had a very sheltered up-bringing. Poor guy. Its just too bad all his name calling and/or ridiculous stereotyping has really made him look like somebody nobody really wants to conversate with.

The truth of everything this guy has ever argued in this thread is layed out on a silver platter for him to watch in this 10min video if he wishes. Answers for everything, from marijuana patients in rehab to addiction to gateway theory and beyond.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSkCM2IORHE

As far as I'm concerned (and clearly along with the majority of AO forum members), until this guy backs up his statements with non-bias studies and articles that go against proving what was said in this video is wrong, he 100% has no arguement and should be considered a troll, IMO.

/argument.

Have a good evening all.

Last edited by Pocket Aces; 09-29-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:26 AM

Quote:
LOL! Best post I have read in this whole thread.

Ignore him guys, he obviously had a very sheltered up-bringing. Poor guy. Its just too bad all his name calling and/or ridiculous stereotyping has really made him look like somebody nobody really wants to conversate with.

The truth of everything this guy has ever argued in this thread is layed out on a silver platter for him to watch in this 10min video if he wishes. Answers for everything, from marijuana patients in rehab to addiction to gateway theory and beyond.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSkCM2IORHE

As far as I'm concerned (and clearly along with the majority of AO forum members), until this guy backs up his statements with non-bias studies and articles that go against proving what was said in this video is wrong, he 100% has no arguement and should be considered a troll, IMO.

/argument.

Have a good evening all.
great video, my favorite part is all the high class interviewees
Old 09-29-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
LOL I did not start the name calling...but I was man enough to stop the personal attacks. Keep it up as it only shows your lack of debating skills.

Quote:
Absolutely. Here is a link that shows the pot usage amonst Canadians.
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hc-ps/pubs/ad.../chap4-eng.php
This is actually the factual data you professed to love so much. It did show a high percentage of those that tried...but then showed most dropped it. It also shows abotu 3% are regular users...2 or more times used in a three month period.

Most of the 28% that use in any given year...probably only do it once or twice...hardly grounds to legalize based upon usage.

So there...please feel free to discuss non biased study/article that you yourself believed is fine.

But wait...go off topic...don't discuss...feel free to insult some more...but on this point...you lost handily.

Cheers

Sun
Old 09-29-2011, 08:38 AM

Default Haha

Quote:
LOL I did not start the name calling...but I was man enough to stop the personal attacks. Keep it up as it only shows your lack of debating skills.

This is actually the factual data you professed to love so much. It did show a high percentage of those that tried...but then showed most dropped it. It also shows abotu 3% are regular users...2 or more times used in a three month period.

Most of the 28% that use in any given year...probably only do it once or twice...hardly grounds to legalize based upon usag
So there...please feel free to discuss non biased study/article that you yourself believed is fine.

But wait...go off topic...don't discuss...feel free to insult some more...but on this point...you lost handily.

Cheers

Sun

Hmmm can you please re-post your reposted repost? Maybe then you will convince us.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Banned

Marijuana arguments are like the gay arguments.

I don't care what you do in your own home, so don't bother me with your stupid details. When your issue is made to be my issue, then I get angry.

I don't smoke drugs, and I am not gay. The government has seen to it to minimize the punishment for the occasional user, and have also opened the door to gay rights.

To me that is enough. If the drug issue gets opened further, then the message is that doing drugs is acceptable, and more kids will do drugs. If gays are given extra rights like some want, then the message is that families are less important.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
If gays are given extra rights like some want, then the message is that families are less important.
This is an argument all on its own. It all depends on your definition of "family".
Old 09-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Banned

Quote:

If gays are given extra rights like some want, then the message is that families are less important.
Gay people can have families too.

Some of them are probably more educated, and better parents than you are.

The only similarity homosexuality and marijuana have is that you resentfully 'tolerate' both.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:18 AM

Default Yeah!!

Quote:
Marijuana arguments are like the gay arguments.

I don't care what you do in your own home, so don't bother me with your stupid details. When your issue is made to be my issue, then I get angry.

I don't smoke drugs, and I am not gay. The government has seen to it to minimize the punishment for the occasional user, and have also opened the door to gay rights.

To me that is enough. If the drug issue gets opened further, then the message is that doing drugs is acceptable, and more kids will do drugs. If gays are given extra rights like some want, then the message is that families are less important.
Because if there is one thing I did when I was a kid was only do what the government was ok with. Shallow played out argument.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Banned

nobody gets extra rights, it's just rights, equal, same, static.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Since some of you can't discuss this without throwing out insults... time to shut it down.
Closed Thread