Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-28-2013, 11:00 AM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coho911 View Post
*signed*

Fantastic, if only in a perfect world we could make Alberta a little more free like Texas.
And alot more dangerous to live in .
Old 12-28-2013, 11:11 AM
Banned

Unicorns riding flying pigs.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:30 PM

So, how is the "We, the people..." petition going?
Old 06-05-2014, 09:59 AM

It's going better than the fella in Ontario who lost 200 guns, 7 months of freedom, wads of cash for lawyers, and maybe now his house. IMO
Old 06-05-2014, 10:39 AM

And "Gun owners?" on this site siding with the government thieves too.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:10 PM

There are more people in new York and l.a. then there are in all of Canada. I wonder why their stats are higher. The larger the group the larger % of crazy
Old 06-05-2014, 05:15 PM

I don't really care if others feel safer if I had an open carry permit, I would make me feel safer especially when working in the bush in the middle of nowhere. I am a responsible law abiding Canadian not a criminal .
Old 06-05-2014, 06:39 PM

I signed the petition. We might get nowhere with it but we won't lose the guns we have today due to some misguided sense of martyrdom
Old 06-05-2014, 09:13 PM

I don't think I would feel safer with everyone carrying guns around. I understand some other people think that if they are toting one about that they can shoot away any bad things that might happen to them but I feel generally safe in Canada and I'm not worried about being attacked. On the other side of that, if I was carrying a handgun and seen something happen or was going to be mugged at knife point, I wouldn't want to be responsible for when my shot landed. I'm by no means the worlds worst shot, but I miss. And I certainly don't practice shooting while under stress or panic. If I seen something and decided to take a shot to be safe or protect and the shot went through or missed and carried on into an innocent person or someones car or business how can I justify that? I think I'd be making everything more dangerous having an open carry, especially since the more I carry it around the more I'd want to use it.

Although I've never been a big handgun fan, I agree with an older post here where someone suggested a wilderness carry permit. It does seem much safer to me to carry a sidearm out in the wild for dispatching violent animals or whatever you may come across out there.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:39 AM

I think that it is a right to defend yourself. What if there is a crazy big guy want to kick the **** out of you and you are a slim lady or just a guy without big muscles. How are you gonna protect yourself? Will he give you a chance to call 911? Will you survive before cops will get there? What about your family? I feel like government is taking away your ability to defend yourself and giving criminals more freedom to do what they do. And its all for your own good, of course. And this is my opinion. Thank god i still have a right to my own opinion. But that will change too sometime. For my own good.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakachun View Post
I think that it is a right to defend yourself. What if there is a crazy big guy want to kick the **** out of you and you are a slim lady or just a guy without big muscles. How are you gonna protect yourself? Will he give you a chance to call 911? Will you survive before cops will get there? What about your family? I feel like government is taking away your ability to defend yourself and giving criminals more freedom to do what they do. And its all for your own good, of course. And this is my opinion. Thank god i still have a right to my own opinion. But that will change too sometime. For my own good.
So now the right to defend self also means right to get a gun if you are too weak?
Great.
Next time some guy plays pokey chest I will shoot him and use the "he was bigger than me defense".

Yes.
Let us all bring knifes and guns to fist fights just in case.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:17 AM

I signed it, just over 1600 now. I am just backing up what I believe.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpjumper View Post
So now the right to defend self also means right to get a gun if you are too weak?
Great.
Next time some guy plays pokey chest I will shoot him and use the "he was bigger than me defense".

Yes.
Let us all bring knifes and guns to fist fights just in case.

Here.

https://www.liberal.ca/membership/
Old 06-22-2014, 07:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Actually, the streets of Canada have become safer due to the aging crazy white baby boomers calming down in their retirement years.

I like that you bring race into the discussion however.

It removes any possibility of you proposing a reasonable argument for your cause.

Yes, old racist white people are scared of the young coloured boogie man, however, there are numerous more statistically relevant threats to your security
Go live in Surrey for a year.