Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 02:45 PM

Default Haha.

This is an entreating thread. Same arguments different day.

Pot is harmless. By keeping it illegal is only stuffing the pockest of organized criminals.

The fact that a person could go to jail for as little as 6 plants is the dumbest idea I've ever heard of. The only people who will be deterred by it are the mom and pop growers who provide for themselves and a few close friends. They don't steal power and don't sell pot to your kids at school.

It will force them to support larger organized crime syndicates.

So they will get more money and commit more crimes.

If people would get their heads out of the sand they would remember stupids bills like this come election time. All it's doing is forcing a victimless pastime to support larger for profit organizations. Plain and simple.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Banned

I should go find a great article on federally forced underground economies, the jist of it being that those in that economy won't burden pensions in the future.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post
Harper is only doing the 14 year for pot crimes to penalise B.C for dumping the HST.
Didn't Harper first introduce this bill in January 2010 and the HST was just dumped a month ago?
Old 09-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Banned

Default yep

Quote:
B.C Hydro got flack for not reporting HUGE paid in full electric bills to enforcement,,, would you if you were netting $20,000 per month,, they said they were a utility and not the police nor fire department. So to correct things, they still get the 20 grand through a 3rd party accounts receivable partner, Equifax,, yes that equifax, the credit rating company.

Do you think a multi billion dollar industry doesn't share amongst the elected's? Harper is only doing the 14 year for pot crimes to penalise B.C for dumping the HST.
Hahaahaha, that last bit is hilarious.

It is estimated that about 150,000+ people in BC work in this green industry. That is one serious penalty!

Hahaha, no HST eh???? Well, why don't you come work for my buddy here in the new Lumby Correctional Institute for say, 10-20 years.

Who are the real criminals? It ain't the poor....
Old 09-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Banned

Default ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
Didn't Harper first introduce this bill in January 2010 and the HST was just dumped a month ago?
They've been working on those prisons for a long time.

I think GM was making a joke. It was pretty good too.
Banned

Quote:
yes, so what? the process to quash it took a decent chunk of time and there was much stalling at the legislative level to even acknowledge the petition as valid. You haven't sat on many Boards have you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Real criminals support prohibition because it [I]can[I] make them rich.
And now they hopefully will be put in jail!
Old 09-21-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_xi@hotmail.com View Post
The fact that a person could go to jail for as little as 6 plants is the dumbest idea I've ever heard of.
I agree this is a ridiculous idea. If you grow it for yourself then I do not see an issue.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Banned

Default mm hmm

Quote:

If people would get their heads out of the sand they would remember stupids bills like this come election time. All it's doing is forcing a victimless pastime to support larger for profit organizations. Plain and simple.
Well said.

It is legislation IN FAVOUR of organized crime and big business.

Maybe one day in this great country none of us will be burdened by owning and operating our own businesses. Imagine the freedom!
Old 09-21-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
yes, so what? the process to quash it took a decent chunk of time and there was much stalling at the legislative level to even acknowledge the petition as valid. You haven't sat on many Boards have you?
Yes you are correct but the referendum just happened and it barely passed.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
And now they hopefully will be put in jail!
The "they" in this statement will never see a day in jail,, it will be your kid for selling to the neighbour (if you have kids and neighbours?),,, look at all those hells angels recently having their charges thrown out of court, and that included murder and bomb planting,,, the big guys, politicians included, get to remove the competition via 14 year jail terms,, it creates a better functioning oligarchy/monopoly
Old 09-21-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
The "they" in this statement will never see a day in jail,, it will be your kid for selling to the neighbour (if you have kids and neighbours?),,, look at all those hells angels recently having their charges thrown out of court, and that included murder and bomb planting,,, the big guys, politicians included, get to remove the competition via 14 year jail terms,, it creates a better functioning oligarchy/monopoly
Isn't it a maximum of 14 years? I don't think it said anything about a minimum amount of time. We all know that they will be out on good behaviour in 2 months anyways!
Old 09-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes you are correct but the referendum just happened and it barely passed.
ahhh, careful on reading the numbers on it,,, more people signed the petition than have ever voted in any election in the history of the province. Campbell allowed the corporeal understanding of corporation to vote, so a CEO could vote as a company for hst and as an individual for hst.

Harper did threaten less federal funding to B.C if HST wasn't implemented,, blackmail is the common term,,, I despise Campbell even more than Suzuki, but blackmail is a very hard thing to negotiate.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Isn't it a maximum of 14 years? I don't think it said anything about a minimum amount of time. We all know that they will be out on good behaviour in 2 months anyways!
Andy, keep on topic, we're not talking rapist and murderers we're talking pot heads and your neighbours.

I'm being a jerk, my apologies.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:07 PM

all smoke and mirrors, just what criminals are good at. it's a game,what's behind the pink door Monty...might be a grow op,might be a op who will squeel like pig if ya pinch him...either way it's a step in the right direction.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:10 PM

Come on guys!! Can't we all just get along??

Oh yeah, I also have three words for replacing the current prison system:

Survivor: Ellesmere Island.

Think of it, not only can we just tent them and leave them, we can put it all on CCTV and sell the rights, commercials the whole 9 yards!!! IT would be the first prison to make a serious profit!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 03:12 PM

Bill S-10 seeks to amend the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act1*(CDSA) to provide for minimum penalties for serious drug offences, such as dealing drugs for organized crime purposes or when a weapon or violence is involved. Currently, there are no mandatory minimum penalties under the CDSA. The bill also increases the maximum penalty for cannabis*(marihuana) production and reschedules certain substances from Schedule*III of the Act to Schedule*I.

Taken from the parliament of Canada website.
http://www.parl.gc.ca/About/Parliame...ce=library_prb

So yes it is referring to MANDITORY MINIMUMN sentences.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Andy, keep on topic, we're not talking rapist and murderers we're talking pot heads and your neighbours.

I'm being a jerk, my apologies.
How did you know my neighbor is a drug dealer???
I have nothing against pot heads I just really cannot stand drug dealers.

I see your point you are making about everyone but us getting rich. I just like the idea of getting some drug dealers off the streets.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Bill S-10 seeks to amend the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act1*(CDSA) to provide for minimum penalties for serious drug offences, such as dealing drugs for organized crime purposes or when a weapon or violence is involved. Currently, there are no mandatory minimum penalties under the CDSA. The bill also increases the maximum penalty for cannabis*(marihuana) production and reschedules certain substances from Schedule*III of the Act to Schedule*I.

Taken from the parliament of Canada website.
http://www.parl.gc.ca/About/Parliame...ce=library_prb

So yes it is referring to MANDITORY MINIMUMN sentences.
Sorry I did not realize this but I completely agree with it as it is stated. It is "for serious drug offences, such as dealing drugs for organized crime purposes".
I don't think this is going to harm the small guys, looks like it is for the head fellas.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Banned

Default almost

Quote:
Sorry I did not realize this but I completely agree with it as it is stated. It is "for serious drug offences, such as dealing drugs for organized crime purposes".
I don't think this is going to harm the small guys, looks like it is for the head fellas.
It also increases the penalties for Cannabis production.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
It also increases the penalties for Cannabis production.
Minimum ones?
Old 09-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Banned

Default and

It also reschedules substances from schedule III to schedule I.

I imagine this will affect things like those funny fungus the hippies pick on the coast. Increasing the penalties according to the schedule.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:32 PM

Mandatory minimum punishments will also be introduced for the production of cannabis (marihuana), with their length depending upon the number of marihuana plants produced. The minimum penalty is six months where the number of plants produced is fewer than 201 and more than five and the production is for the purpose of trafficking, while the minimum penalty is nine months where the number of plants produced is fewer than 201, the production is for the purpose of trafficking, and any of the health and safety factors also apply. If the number of plants produced is more than 200 and fewer than 501, the minimum term of imprisonment is one year, which increases to 18 months if any of the health and safety factors apply. The minimum term of imprisonment will be two years if the number of plants produced is more than 500, which will increase to three years if any of the health and safety factors apply. There is no mention of the production being for the purposes of trafficking when the number of plants is more than 200.

As long as you have 5 or less plants or do not plan on selling the marijuana you will be fine.

Last edited by AndrewM; 09-21-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:

I wish that was the case. If you read the bill straight through you will find that's it's minimum 6 months for more then 5 plants. Including clones.

And if you a an outdoorsman and have a rifle it's now considered serious and doubled to 12 months. And if you happen to have children or live close to a school it's 24 months. MANDITORY MINIMUMS means no time off for good behavior. Even if you have never committed a crime before. If found guilty, straight to jail, no pleas no chance.

Meaning realistically for growing a plant that the Lord himself put on this earth can land you in prison for 2 years. How can your wife provide for your children? Who will be the most effected? Innocent people who grew a 100% natural plant. Not the Hells Angels or Chinese Triad. But I can tell you people like myself will no longer grow for personal consumption and choose to line the pockets of violent criminals and organizations.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
I wish that was the case. If you read the bill straight through you will find that's it's minimum 6 months for more then 5 plants. Including clones.

And if you a an outdoorsman and have a rifle it's now considered serious and doubled to 12 months. And if you happen to have children or live close to a school it's 24 months. MANDITORY MINIMUMS means no time off for good behavior. Even if you have never committed a crime before. If found guilty, straight to jail, no pleas no chance.

Meaning realistically for growing a plant that the Lord himself put on this earth can land you in prison for 2 years. How can your wife provide for your children? Who will be the most effected? Innocent people who grew a 100% natural plant. Not the Hells Angels or Chinese Triad. But I can tell you people like myself will no longer grow for personal consumption and choose to line the pockets of violent criminals and organizations.
As stated before grow 5 or less plants and you will be fine. Wouldn't 5 plants last a long time? I have no idea how much you get off one plant but at 6 or so feet tall there has to be a quite a bit???
Old 09-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Banned

I think you guys should watch this video about the history of Marijuana and Hemp.
"The Union: The Business Behind Getting High (2007)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwkFm...eature=related

Please watch very Interesting.

Everything you guys are arguing about is all answered by this video! lol
Old 09-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

WOW!

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 09-21-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:

yup innocent people like you that break the law,guess that makes you not innocent. Like it or not it is now against the law so don't use/grow/buy or sell it and you have nothing to worry about. Choose to break the law and you do. doesn't matter if it is an all natural plant that god blah blah blah...for the time being it is illegal. Plain and simple.

as for prison...it would be a deterrent if it was actually a prison not a spa for criminals. get back to hard time from day one and people will not want to go there.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
As stated before grow 5 or less plants and you will be fine. Wouldn't 5 plants last a long time? I have no idea how much you get off one plant but at 6 or so feet tall there has to be a quite a bit???
Also, if you do not plan to sell you are fine as it says only for the purpose of trafficing.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:08 PM

Default In theory yes

Quote:
Most plants that people grow indoors max out at 2.5 feet. And only females produce smokable flowers so rule of thumb grow twice as much and you think you will need. So out of 5 you may have 2 or three females. An amature horticulturist might get 1 or 2 oz off a plant (28-56 g), street value $200-400 per plant. It varys but lets say 1g per day consumption on average. (light-moderate consumer)

It takes around 12 weeks for the from seed to harvest and another month to cure it. So in theory 5 plants would not be enough for the majority of users out there. For me personally 3 females would last me close to a year. But I am a very light user. And some people consume for medical purposes and to consume 3-4g a day would be a good day, a bad day that can double or triple.
Closed Thread