Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 06:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
And if you support decriminalization then you freely support using cocaine, meth, hash, and every other hard drug out there.

Where do you draw the line?
You draw the line at pot. Its nor that hard. Have you seen what morphine, vicoden and perkasets can do to someone. That's like saying if we legalize gay marriage what's next animal marriages. Its a useless argument
Old 09-21-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerb View Post
You draw the line at pot. Its nor that hard. Have you seen what morphine, vicoden and perkasets can do to someone. That's like saying if we legalize gay marriage what's next animal marriages. Its a useless argument
You forgot to read what I was quoting...
Old 09-21-2011, 06:35 PM

Default There is no easy or right and answer.

People are free to believe what they choose.

All I'm saying is stricter laws and harsher crimes won't deter a thing.

If S-10 passes, do you think it will magically disappear? Do you think your sons and daughters wont be able to find it right in their schools?

It comes down to proper education based on facts. The truth, not lies and propaganda. "Just say NO!" was the biggest joke in the world. Kids will be kids. They will be exposed to it regardless of what fear and lies we implant in their head.

I have 2 daughters and I will do my best to educate them with real life facts and tools so they can make the choice when it comes time. And there will be a time. If every parent did that, most of these problems would not be an issue. I don't need a harsh law or jail to educate my children.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
And if you support decriminalization then you freely support using cocaine, meth, hash, and every other hard drug out there.

Where do you draw the line?
Supporting decrim is not the same as supporting the use of any substance. These are completely separate issues. I do not support substance abuse (legals included), and the use of hard drugs has risk involved (OD and addiction).

Supporting decrim is a management decision.

How do we manage drug use?
Not by creating a multi-billion dollar black market out of it. In fact, it should be obvious that the system they are using to manage it now is completely corrupt.

You don't draw a line of prohibition.

You draw a personal line, and as well, the government would be enabled in regulating these substances. Taxation, real education (not fear mongering and racism), and treatment for that small part of society that will always require it.

Addiction is not something that can be removed from society. It can be treated.

Studies from countries with decriminalization have shown that usage stays the same or is reduced.

The hardest drug I use is alcohol. It's not that good, and I don't use it that often, but if they made it illegal, I'd protest and then build a still.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Banned

S-10 has only 1 purpose.

That is to fill corporate jail cells. It has nothing to do with fighting crime.

It is an attack on our civility.

What kind of government attacks it's citizenry?

A tyrannical one.

They are using this legislation to steal your tax dollars so they can give it to their buddies.

Jails are now a business. They are listed on the stock market.

This is all about $$$ and has nothing to do with improving our communities.

They're pretty tricky aren't they?
Old 09-21-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
S-10 has only 1 purpose.

That is to fill corporate jail cells. It has nothing to do with fighting crime.

It is an attack on our civility.

What kind of government attacks it's citizenry?

A tyrannical one.

They are using this legislation to steal your tax dollars so they can give it to their buddies.

Jails are now a business. They are listed on the stock market.

This is all about $$$ and has nothing to do with improving our communities.

They're pretty tricky aren't they?
Have you been smoking something?

Jails are listed on the stock market?
Stealing tax dollars to give it to their buddies?
Attacking it's citizenry?

Why don't you provide a little backup for your ramblings?
Old 09-21-2011, 07:17 PM

Smile

Pot ...cures cancer , kills pain, enhances vision, Gods plant was put here to make cranky people happy, jean chretien likes is joint rolled in the funnel shape.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Supporting decrim is not the same as supporting the use of any substance. These are completely separate issues. I do not support substance abuse (legals included), and the use of hard drugs has risk involved (OD and addiction).

Supporting decrim is a management decision.

How do we manage drug use?
Not by creating a multi-billion dollar black market out of it. In fact, it should be obvious that the system they are using to manage it now is completely corrupt.

You don't draw a line of prohibition.

You draw a personal line, and as well, the government would be enabled in regulating these substances. Taxation, real education (not fear mongering and racism), and treatment for that small part of society that will always require it.

Addiction is not something that can be removed from society. It can be treated.

Studies from countries with decriminalization have shown that usage stays the same or is reduced.

The hardest drug I use is alcohol. It's not that good, and I don't use it that often, but if they made it illegal, I'd protest and then build a still.
I agree with your ideas in theory but do not think it would work in practice. I do not think taxation is enough of a deterrence. You can only tax items so much before people go to the black market (drug dealers) to get the items.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysfishn View Post

Huge in the States, a Bill Clinton/Bush Bill,,,,;
http://bullionbullscanada.com/index....tid=11&id=9800
Old 09-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Banned

Corrections Corporation of Amer(NYSE: CXW )
After Hours: 20.82 0.00 (0.00%) 4:34PM EDT

Last Trade: 20.82
Trade Time: Jun 24
Change: 0.17 (0.81%)
Prev Close: 20.99
Open: 20.98
Bid: 18.50 x 1000
Ask: 23.59 x 300
1y Target Est: 30.00
Day's Range: 20.76 - 21.10
52wk Range: 18.19 - 26.89
Volume: 685,459
Avg Vol (3m): 1,007,770
Market Cap: 2.23B
P/E (ttm): 14.24
EPS (ttm): 1.46
Div & Yield: N/A (N/A

Business Summary

Corrections Corporation of America, together with its subsidiaries, owns and operates privatized correctional and detention facilities in the United States. The company owns, operates, and manages prisons and other correctional facilities, as well as provides inmate residential and prisoner transportation services for governmental agencies. In addition to providing the fundamental residential services relating to inmates, its facilities offer various rehabilitation and educational programs, including basic education, religious services, life skills and employment training, and substance abuse treatment. The company also offers healthcare services, including medical, dental, and psychiatric services; food services; and work and recreational programs. As of December 31, 2009, Corrections Corporation operated 65 correctional and detention facilities, including 44 facilities that it owned, with a total design capacity of approximately 87,000 beds in 19 states and the District of Columbia. It also owned 2 additional correctional facilities that it leased to third-party operators. Corrections Corporation serves federal, state, and local correctional and detention authorities. The company was founded in 1983 and is based in Nashville, Tennessee.

This is just ONE comopany. (bed total as of 2009). What do you tink that total is today?

The Gainesville Sun (newspaper) stated on June 25th, 2011: "Jail is the single largest provider of shelter to the homeless on any given night."
Old 09-21-2011, 07:23 PM

pot' the price is the same as it was 40 years ago''legalize it and it was go up up up.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post

Business Summary

Corrections Corporation of America, together with its subsidiaries, owns and operates privatized correctional and detention facilities in the United States. The company owns, operates, and manages prisons and other correctional facilities, as well as provides inmate residential and prisoner transportation services for governmental agencies. In addition to providing the fundamental residential services relating to inmates, its facilities offer various rehabilitation and educational programs, including basic education, religious services, life skills and employment training, and substance abuse treatment. The company also offers healthcare services, including medical, dental, and psychiatric services; food services; and work and recreational programs. As of December 31, 2009, Corrections Corporation operated 65 correctional and detention facilities, including 44 facilities that it owned, with a total design capacity of approximately 87,000 beds in 19 states and the District of Columbia. It also owned 2 additional correctional facilities that it leased to third-party operators. Corrections Corporation serves federal, state, and local correctional and detention authorities. The company was founded in 1983 and is based in Nashville, Tennessee.

This is just ONE comopany. (bed total as of 2009). What do you tink that total is today?

The Gainesville Sun (newspaper) stated on June 25th, 2011: "Jail is the single largest provider of shelter to the homeless on any given night."
Crazy, is this the same in Canada?
Old 09-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Crazy, is this the same in Canada?
no it failed in Ontario but you can buy shares in this company. When I lived in California there were grumblings about the privatisation of the penal system and a great article in the Examiner about the rise in crime shows, report your neighbour type shows, 3 strikes your out,,,. The last stat I remember was $400 per day per every inmate per day (all overhead plus mark up),, if you ran a private jail wouldn't a 14 year maximum on a stupid "crime" be like gold getting up to $2000 an ounce,,, round em up boys, round em up
Old 09-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white whaler View Post
Pot ...cures cancer , kills pain, enhances vision, Gods plant was put here to make cranky people happy, jean chretien likes is joint rolled in the funnel shape.
I think you mean Canadas laureate historian Pierre Berton;

http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?ne...%3DMjYcP0Gji20
Old 09-21-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Huge in the States, a Bill Clinton/Bush Bill,,,,;
http://bullionbullscanada.com/index....tid=11&id=9800
I thought we were talking about policy in Canada.

Suggesting that government outsourcing's sole purpose is to pad the pockets of their buddies is ridiculous. Everyone knows that private enterprise operates much more efficiently than government. The reason for that is that government has no incentive to run efficiently as they can always raise taxes to cover higher costs. Managers are hired because of who they know, not what they know.

Private enterprise on the other hand does not have that luxury. Too bad we don't sub contract more government services in Canada.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:

Business Summary

I'd suggest that if government ran this number of beds that the cost to the taxpayer would probably be double!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:46 PM
Banned

I think you guys should watch this video about the history of Marijuana and Hemp.
"The Union: The Business Behind Getting High (2007)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwkFm...eature=related

Please watch very Interesting.

Everything you guys are arguing about is all answered by this video! lol

Mahahahahah
Old 09-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
I thought we were talking about policy in Canada.

Suggesting that government outsourcing's sole purpose is to pad the pockets of their buddies is ridiculous. Everyone knows that private enterprise operates much more efficiently than government. The reason for that is that government has no incentive to run efficiently as they can always raise taxes to cover higher costs. Managers are hired because of who they know, not what they know.

Private enterprise on the other hand does not have that luxury. Too bad we don't sub contract more government services in Canada.
Like B.C Ferries,, wait bad example,,, B.C Rail, whoa sorry, uhm B.C Hydro,, shoot, I'll get one in a second,, Lockheed Martin managing our Canadian health records,,, dam terrible example,, ok,,, I'll figure this out, no almost had one but then remembered something,,,

your turn

The boys at the front of the B.C rail bribery scandal received $100,000 severance when asked to resign only a day before it was announced that their Cow Bay houses were huge Grow Op's,,, just to stay on topic,,, they denied knowledge but the houses were built without rooms, looked like a house but was just a big room,,, not sure about you but when you build a house don't you know it's layout, don't you go have a looksy with the wife and talk cabinets and such?
Old 09-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'd suggest that if government ran this number of beds that the cost to the taxpayer would probably be double!
It works out to less but the win win comes in the form of deflected liability,,, beat an inmate to death and the state doesn't have to pay,, and corporations are very good at their own deflection. There are companies stateside that will take your law suit for a fee, like say if you are being sued by a municipality for 1 million for dumping xylene,, pay me $500,000 to be the defendant and I'll stall it for years,, it's another huge weird industry.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Like B.C Ferries,, wait bad example,,, B.C Rail, whoa sorry, uhm B.C Hydro,, shoot, I'll get one in a second,, Lockheed Martin managing our Canadian health records,,, dam terrible example,, ok,,, I'll figure this out, no almost had one but then remembered something,,,

your turn

The boys at the front of the B.C rail bribery scandal received $100,000 severance when asked to resign only a day before it was announced that their Cow Bay houses were huge Grow Op's,,, just to stay on topic,,, they denied knowledge but the houses were built without rooms, looked like a house but was just a big room,,, not sure about you but when you build a house don't you know it's layout, don't you go have a looksy with the wife and talk cabinets and such?
and people wonder why I don't trust goverment.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Banned

I'm Telling you all, This is really good..

Old 09-21-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezma View Post

You realize this is the third time you've posted this link on this thread, right? Either you are suffering from Tourette's Syndrome or you realllllly want people to listen to you. If I recall it's what led to your little suspension from the board last time.

My advice: take the time to earn the respect of the board members here. Despite the number of posts, you're still a newby sir...
Old 09-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Banned

Quote:

I think GM covered it pretty well.

Attacking it citizenry?

Yes, it is a class war.

It's literally the definition of slavery.

Slave:
Noun: A person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezma View Post

OK OK OK,
I watched that on Netflix.

It was OK. It provided a good analysis on the industry in BC. I thought it could have been better, but I'm guessing it had a very low budget.

Also, I don't like Joe Rogan, at all.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
You realize this is the third time you've posted this link on this thread, right? Either you are suffering from Tourette's Syndrome or you realllllly want people to listen to you. If I recall it's what led to your little suspension from the board last time.

My advice: take the time to earn the respect of the board members here. Despite the number of posts, you're still a newby sir...
Last time he was insensitive, and had poor timing.

This time he's just persistent.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
You neglect to take into account that under the corporate system, the taxpayer would be making $15 per month behind bars.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:32 PM

Still going? Wow I twisted a fatty, drank a few beers and went fishing. Look at the progress we've made. I'm just trying to get over the guilt from the poor victims due to my pot smoking.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Still going? Wow I twisted a fatty, drank a few beers and went fishing. Look at the progress we've made. I'm just trying to get over the guilt from the poor victims due to my pot smoking.
I tryed Pot 2 times... I didn't get anything out of it!?
No high no nothing.

I can't do it regard less because I work in the oilfield and I can be P-Tested at any gven time.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Life is a carnival
Old 09-21-2011, 11:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
The only reason it is not a deterrent is because our jails are basically a resort destination for criminals! Put them in work chain gangs, house them in tents, make them cook their own food, do their own laundry, etc.

The fact is people know when they are committing a crime and criminals make a conscious choice to do so! More policing while good, is expensive and breeds more creative criminals. Along with that comes the attitude that a crime is ok as long as you don't get caught....

The fact is a crime is a choice and needs to be punished. If more criminals experienced that, word would get out. In countries like Saudi Arabia their is very little theft because the punishment is the severance of your right hand. Maybe that is an alternative??
I disagree.
It isn't a deterrent because it is a response to crime that was planned and executed without the expectation of being caught.
Nobody goes out and does something thinking....as soon as I do this...I'm going to get caught.

Think about it. Like most people you probably speed once in a while.
Do you do that expecting to get caught?

I think the best deterrent is more police and to address social and mental health issues that are linked to crime.

Longer sentences always make people happy and create the illusion that government takes crime seriously but in the end it's just smoke and mirrors.

Prevention is about stopping crime before it takes place.
Longer sentences and stiffer punishment is reaction to crimes already commited and and appeals to peoples base desires for revenge.

I would agree that some crimes certainly do merit longer sentences though.
Closed Thread