So who do you think will win.

A{ Obama

or

B{ Romney
Old 11-01-2012, 09:05 PM

C-- will anything actually change??
Old 11-01-2012, 09:06 PM

A. Obama.

Otherwise, that leaves option B, and I can't believe that America is that crazy.

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 11-01-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGSH View Post

A{ Obama

or

B{ Romney
C- I want to vote AGAINST Obama, but i'm not jumping on Romney's wagon.
Dual citizen here..so i do have a choice.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnodisiac View Post
A. Obama.

Otherwise, that leaves option B, and I can't believe that America is that crazy.
*gets the popcorn out*
Old 11-01-2012, 09:23 PM

I'm really hoping that Romney gets in but I am very afraid the food stamp president might dodge Benghazi long enough to win. If that happens he has CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS and the New York Times to thank. What a shame they are so in the tank for Obama that they won`t even mention this very important issue.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
A. Obama.

Please explain.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finsnfeathers View Post
C- I want to vote AGAINST Obama, but i'm not jumping on Romney's wagon.
Dual citizen here..so i do have a choice.
So your are you exercising your choice?
Old 11-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
A. Obama.

I think you meant to say

" and I can't believe the American people have that much respect for themselves" .

Obama seems to get the self hating White people vote, 10fold.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Banned

B. Romney

Otherwise, that leaves option A, and I can't believe that America is that crazy.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGSH View Post

A{ Obama

or

B{ Romney

B: Romney.

I believe the American people want an American back in the White house.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutter87 View Post
B: Romney.

I believe the American people want an American back in the White house.
Says something about Obama's capabilities, when the incumbent and the challenger are in a virtual tie. Americans like to give their presidents a second term, might not happen this time.

Grizz
Old 11-01-2012, 10:15 PM

Boils down to Ohio and Virginia. Romney has to take both. No Republican has taken the White House without Ohio, and I believe Fox even has Obama with a slight edge. Virginia a true toss up. Correct me I am wrong, Obama has a slight edge there too. However with Sandy, I don`t really know how much Virginia was affected, and the early vote could be crucial there. What is most fascinating is that Romney may win the popular vote like I think Gore did in 2000, but loose the electoral college. Could be a nailbiter and we could be up till 2 in the morning.

Frankly all I care personally is Gary Johnson gets the necessary 5 percent to get the funding from the government and ballot access and recognition, cause these two puppets are dumn and dumner. You essentially have big government and uncontrolled spending with the Republicans, and bigger government and more uncontrolled spending with the Democrats.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Says something about Obama's capabilities, when the incumbent and the challenger are in a virtual tie. Americans like to give their presidents a second term, might not happen this time.

Grizz
He gave 40 million illegal Mexicans amnesty. When your country is in a recession and 20% of people don't have jobs and live in tent cities, You do NOT give 40 million people who are not supposed to be there a free pass, Let alone a free education and free health care THEN scold the states that are trying to make it illegal for the ALIENS to get free services and to deport them.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutter87 View Post
He gave 40 million illegal Mexicans amnesty. When your country is in a recession and 20% of people don't have jobs and live in tent cities, You do NOT give 40 million people who are not supposed to be there a free pass, Let alone a free education and free health care THEN scold the states that are trying to make it illegal for the ALIENS to get free services and to deport them.
I thought the mexicans actually worked doing the manual labor jobs americans don`t want.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
I'm really hoping that Romney gets in but I am very afraid the food stamp president might dodge Benghazi long enough to win. If that happens he has CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS and the New York Times to thank. What a shame they are so in the tank for Obama that they won`t even mention this very important issue.
x10 but not surprising. I think things will be alRIGHT. I don't think the people missed Benghazi however, I wish there was a word many times more powerful than shame. The media has been a disgrace. Americans will not risk Obama again. While the leaches will always be there, Obama attacked the very core of America and the voters will not allow it to continue. The U.S. will recover, unite and rebound from the last four years with a renewed resolve.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
I thought the Mexicans actually worked doing the manual labor jobs Americans don`t want.
No? Mexicans do the jobs for ultra low wages which is what the Americans wont do. Mexican gangs are also a huge problem in the US, A grade 2 child could do the math and realize they are more of a burden then they are a gift.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:35 PM

i predict it will sorta be like the recent AB election

Obama will win, not by a landslide, but by quite a bit.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
A. Obama.

America went through a crazy test for the last four years. They flunked. America will get an A on this one by selecting B! This cannot be a 50/50 proposition any longer.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:03 AM

Certainly not surprised with some of the answers here

I select Romney.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:12 AM
Banned

this should be a poll.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:31 AM

We better pray for Romney. Another 4 years of Obama will pull all of us down the drain for sure. I'm surprised so many think Obama is the answer, 4 years of recent history doesn't show us that.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky672 View Post
this should be a poll.
Sorry for the double post... infernal machines....

I find this interesting.

Its one thing to be interested in who wins or make predictions but its like half the folks here feel they have a vested interest in this.
Why do so many here feel so personally about American presidential politics?

There is more discussion about this election than our own political matters and often much more heated discussion to boot.
Its almost as if some here feel that they are running for a kick at PM as well.

In my mind that is a pretty strong indicator that as a nation...we should be a bit more insular ourselves.
Canadians need to be as nationalist as our friends to the south and start being a bit less concerned about the US and more concerned with Canada.

In my mind whichever candidate wins...I hope they are the one that spurs or facilitates greater economic independence from the US for Canada.
I hope they do not try to impose their will in Canada.
I hope its the one that doesn't drag us into another situation where Canadians are out their lending credibility to their foreign policy.
Lets face it.... whoever wins they aren't in it for the good of Canada.
Their interests are in the American people and that countries economy etc.
They are not there to make us happy or to help us grow.
That might happen but it isn't like they are in the game thinking...whats good for Canada is good for the US.
Its more like... what is good for the US might be good for Canada but if not... who cares?

We on the other hand should be thinking about what is best for us and as un-nicde as it may be...I'm pretty happy that our economy has grown and is thriving while our neighbour struggles.
I like the idea of us gaining more economic clout.
I like the idea that Canada might be in a better position during trade negotiations than we once were.

I do not care for either man very much but I do believe that Americans will stick with Obama for another term.

Romneys flip flopping, fux pas on the international scene, his ties to the neo-conservatives, his stance on womens rights and a party that ran them into the ground on so many levels the last time they were top dog has buggered him.

On the other hand all that can really be said about Obama is that he didn't accomplish everything he'd promised and that he was objectively no better or worse than his predecessor.

I suspect that Americans were much more desperate for change before the last election and now will probably stick with the devil they know rather than run with the dark horse.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat brennan View Post
We better pray for Romney. Another 4 years of Obama will pull all of us down the drain for sure. I'm surprised so many think Obama is the answer, 4 years of recent history doesn't show us that.
How has Obama been bad for Canada?

We are looking to other trading partners and expanding our national portfolio.
The pipeline?

That is fine.
That oil is money in the bank and not going anywhere.

If we are patient... a deal we can't refuse will come along and it might well be better than the one previously tabled.
The same can be said for other natural resources.
As for manufacturing etc... the US isn't going to build itself back up by buying from us.
They will do it by selling to others.

We need to quit thinking like shop keepers hoping our best customer will return.
We need to start thinking like a muti-national chain of shops that can exploit the misfortune of our competition by taking their customers so we gain a much larger share of the world economic pie.

Whats good for Canada a might be good for the US and if not...who cares?
Rather than what is good for the US is good for Canada...we hope.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale7637 View Post
C-- will anything actually change??
Many things will change if Obama is re-elected.

This will happen next March, for example:

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/11/01/...it-never-left/

After the U.S. signs to the UN Arms Treaty, gun ownership here in Canada will never be the same even if we do not. Much of our arms and supplies and ammo is exported by the U.S.

From a bigger perspective, Obama will leave enough people in the "Taker" column to vote for successive Big Governments. All it will take is promises to look after them and tax other people - they will co-operate to reduce liberty on a wide front.

If Harper remains in power, Canada will rise somewhat as a world leader and standard-bearer of freedom as the U.S. recedes. We will need to ramp up out military. It's doable. At the end of WWII, we had the 4th largest navy in the world.

If Trudeau leads the Liberals to a majority government in Canada (as one poll says he would) and Obama is President, we will be in steep decline and our international enemies will pack up. Trudeau's brother has said that he finds the decline of western civilization and the rise of Islam "fascinating".

More people will pack a Bug Out Kit, but it won't do any good.

That could be reversed if the Republicans take the U.S. Senate and Benghazi continues to unravel, leading to impeachment of Obama. It could also be reversed if some jurisdictions take steps to secede. It would take something big to stop the downward momentum.

So, yeah, it's an important election.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat brennan View Post
...I'm surprised so many think Obama is the answer, 4 years of recent history doesn't show us that.
... And are rabidly attacking anyone who disagrees. I have never EVER seen so passionate an attack by the supporters, death threats/ physical harm / ridicule, slander, and outright idiotic comments as I am seeing in this election. And that's just from the populus! I challenge anyone to find the same quantity and CLASS (I use the term loosely) of attack against O. Thanks, social media.

Why am I interested? I am married to an American. I have spent a significant amount of my life in the United States. Regardless of Canada being a sovereign country, what happens in the US *does* affect us here.

That being said, I respect other's opinions. I will not resort to the typical lefty strategy of calling anyone who votes in an opposing fashion than mine, retards, stupid, or idiots - that is, unless they are making some of the comments mentioned above.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Many things will change if Obama is re-elected.

This will happen next March, for example:

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/11/01/...it-never-left/

After the U.S. signs to the UN Arms Treaty, gun ownership here in Canada will never be the same even if we do not. Much of our arms and supplies and ammo is exported by the U.S.

From a bigger perspective, Obama will leave enough people in the "Taker" column to vote for successive Big Governments. All it will take is promises to tax other people and look after them - they will co-operate to reduce liberty on a wide front.

If Harper remains in power, Canada will rise somewhat as a world leader and standard-bearer of freedom as the U.S. recedes. We will need to ramp up out military. It's doable. At the end of WWII, we had the 4th largest navy in the world.

If Trudeau leads the Liberals to a majority government in Canada (as one poll says he would) and Obama is President, we will be in steep decline and our international enemies will pack up. Trudeau's brother has said that he finds the decline of western civilization and the rise of Islam "fascinating".

More people will pack a Bug Out Kit, but it won't do any good.

That could be reversed if the Republicans take the U.S. Senate and Benghazi continues to unravel, leading to impeachment of Obama. It could also be reversed if some jurisdictions take steps to secede. It would take something bit to stop the downward momentum.

So, yeah, it's an important election.

Or Canada could decide to NOT sign that deal and US arms manufacturers could relocate here to take advantage of a growing economy.
I do not believe for one minute that the US will sign on to that UN treaty.
The arms industry there has some pretty strong legislation that excludes them from regulation and such a deal would not be in the best interest of their economy.
Even the Democrates know what would happen state by state if they sign on.

If Romney wins...no problem.
If Obama wins it will probably be a near thing and he will have to think twice about that deal.
If he does sign on..I'd be willing to bet that 4 years from now...he'll be roundly defeated and the US will then opt out and we'll all be back to business as usual.

We've already seen a relaxation of export laws WRT what can be shipped to Canada and while it was a bit unpleasant for a time... it probably also provided them with a pretty good idea of what the UN master plan for world domination would result in.

Americans are possibly the least likely folks on the planet to consider allowing a bunch of foreigners to dictate to them how they should conduct their business especially when everyone knows that signing on will do nothing to stop China and Russia and others from stepping in to fill the gap.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Banned

The ramifications of Obama getting in for a second term are huge, not just for Canada, but for the world. The US in on the verge of a huge cliff dive right now. One that would be very hard to overcome. An enfeebled USA is not good for the world or Canada.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky672 View Post
If Obama wins it will probably be a near thing and he will have to think twice about that deal.
If he does sign on..I'd be willing to bet that 4 years from now...he'll be roundly defeated and the US will then opt out and we'll all be back to business as usual......
Obama is a community organizer. He is a radical. Over the last 4 years, I have read enough books written by those he (and Hillary) admire to believe that he is nothing like you or I have seen before. Saul Alinsky was a fanatic. So is Chomsky. Frank Davis.....etc.

Birds who fly with crows may claim to be an eagle but rest assured - they are a crow.

When he's done, it may very well be impossible to come back....not in the way you think, anyway.

There is much that is uncertain, alright, and nobody knows the future. A rising China is something entirely new, for example. But I don't have much doubt about where he wants to go.

Quote:
Americans are possibly the least likely folks on the planet to consider allowing a bunch of foreigners to dictate to them
U.N. observers will watch American polling stations in 4 days....in Republican districts. They will pass judgment on the merits of this U.S. election.

Obama relied on the agreement of foreigners to wage war in Libya; he did not bother to seek consent from his own Congress or even consult them. Obama in many ways has declared himself to be a citizen of the world rather than "just" an American. Is that is part of a pattern, Pesky? I think it is.

Failing to believe that history can repeat itself is a very dangerous frame of mind. Neither the Americans nor us have any divine dispensation from tyranny.

Last edited by Rocky7; 11-02-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:54 AM

The only thing these political threads show is that most Canadians are just as susceptable to extreme political bias and EXTREMELY selective memories as our American counterparts. That goes for both sides. Whatever it takes to "win" I guess. Reality be damned.