Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantdi View Post
How do YOU determine who is suspicious?

May have been on a witch hunt.. ya, he most likely went out to kill a little black kid that night right??

You are really reaching..
Didn't I say not that long ago that I don't think he had the intent of killing anybody. Pay attention when you try and bash me please.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali#1 View Post
Except Martin who was on the way home with skittles.

See how dangerous racial profiling is ?
If it was a black guy with an umbrella, walking on the sidewalk, quickly trying to get home after a run to the store, do you figure Zim would have acted the same? Are you sure it was all about race??
Old 07-16-2013, 11:21 AM
Banned

ali#1 is a troll.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Didn't I say not that long ago that I don't think he had the intent of killing anybody. Pay attention when you try and bash me please.
You said he may have been on a witch hunt that night. Why bring it up then? And i'm not bashing you, but you are reaching..
Old 07-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Except Martin who was on the way home with skittles.

See how dangerous racial profiling is ?
How do you know that it was racial profiling? How do you know that if it was a white guy under that hoodie that Zimmerman wouldn't have done the exact same thing? Assuming it was racial profiling is racist, can you not see that?
Old 07-16-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Maybe because its true ?
Uhhhh....

Did you know George Zimmerman was driving a car?

That statement is true... but it doesn't really have any bearing at all on the facts of the case.

Just because something is true, doesn't make it relevant.

I highly suspected that you couldn't come up with a single RELEVANT reason why GZ not knowing TM's history has ANYTHING to do with the case. It seems I was correct.

I don't understand why you continue to use that as a debate point.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post

Confront me late at night, and I can assure you there will be a problem. Had Zimmerman confronted a vet, I do not think he would have had a chance to pull his gun. And the trial would be for the person who killed Zimmerman, and the outcome would be the same, since ZImmerman was armed.
This is unbelievable. You actually think that asking you why you are out and about in an strange neighborhood is justifiable reason to attack and kill someone? This is not the thought process of a sane and stable individual.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Assuming it was racial profiling is racist, can you not see that?
Lol, scroll back a few pages. I think it's pretty clear by this point that Ali is, by far, the most racist fellow in here.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
You said he may have been on a witch hunt that night. Why bring it up then? And i'm not bashing you, but you are reaching..
I don't think his intent was to murder anybody that day. I do however believe he was on a witch hunt because of what he said to dispatch about f...ing punks and they always get away with it, he profiled Martin before he ever caught up with him, in his mind Martin was guilty already even though he was minding his business and coming from the store.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppercarbide View Post
Lol, scroll back a few pages. I think it's pretty clear by this point that Ali is, by far, the most racist fellow in here.
How did you know ?.

Apparently reverse racism is the only kind of racism.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
How do YOU determine who is suspicious?

May have been on a witch hunt.. ya, he most likely went out to kill a little black kid that night right??

You are really reaching..
I do not think Zimmerman had an intention of killing anyone. I suspect all he wanted to do was protect his neighborhood. However I suspect he did have a bias towards whom he thought was vandalizing his neighborhood, and this is what drew him to Martin. He expected Martin was up to no good, and that was why he called 911. However his suspicion was stronger then his common sense, and he ended up getting into a fight, and when he was losing the fight, he drew his gun and killed Martin.

Martin was not doing anything wrong at the time, other then being of the right expectation Zimmerman had of a person of ill repute. He was racial profiled.

I do not say Zimmerman was wrong in his racial profiling, since it was clear that Martin was not a straight A student. Martin was a bad kid, and looked the part. However at the time he was doing nothing wrong.

Remember the movie Minority Report? The premise of the movie was people being convicted of crimes that they had not done yet, but were suspected of going to do. Bottom line was not every suspicion ends in an actual bad deed, or we all would be in jail for bad thoughts.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Uhhhh....

Did you know George Zimmerman was driving a car?

That statement is true... but it doesn't really have any bearing at all on the facts of the case.

Just because something is true, doesn't make it relevant.

I highly suspected that you couldn't come up with a single RELEVANT reason why GZ not knowing TM's history has ANYTHING to do with the case. It seems I was correct.

I don't understand why you continue to use that as a debate point.
I'm using it because it keeps coming up, Zimmerman had no knowledge is martins past when he followed him, why is it relevant that Martin had been suspended from school or anything else ?.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCLightning View Post
This is unbelievable. You actually think that asking you why you are out and about in an strange neighborhood is justifiable reason to attack and kill someone? This is not the thought process of a sane and stable individual.
You are putting words in my mouth that I did not say, nor would say.

I said "Confront me late at night, and I can assure you there will be a problem."

I stand behind what I said. I do not know what Zimmerman said to Martin, but I doubt it was a nice, "hey how is the weather".
Old 07-16-2013, 11:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
You are putting words in my mouth that I did not say, nor would say.

I said "Confront me late at night, and I can assure you there will be a problem."

I stand behind what I said. I do not know what Zimmerman said to Martin, but I doubt it was a nice, "hey how is the weather".
He admitted that he did not identify himself as neighbourhood watch.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
He admitted that he did not identify himself as neighbourhood watch.
If Zimmerman had said he was with the neighborhood watch, I doubt the results would be any different.

Martin was not a good kid. He was a punk. However at the time he was an innocent punk.

Neither party is totally innocent in this situation. However Martin did not deserve death, and it was the only outcome possible given Zimmerman's actions.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
If Zimmerman had said he was with the neighborhood watch, I doubt the results would be any different.

Martin was not a good kid. He was a punk. However at the time he was an innocent punk.

Neither party is totally innocent in this situation. However Martin did not deserve death, and it was the only outcome possible given Zimmerman's actions.
No way, not a chance. Martin didn't have to attack. It wasn't the only outcome.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Banned

Quote:

Your probably right.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
No way, not a chance. Martin didn't have to attack. It wasn't the only outcome.
Maybe he did maybe he didn't only 1 guy knows for sure.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Maybe he did maybe he didn't only 1 guy knows for sure.
No, we know that his girlfriend told him to go home but he refused. There was more than one potential outcome here.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
I'm using it because it keeps coming up, Zimmerman had no knowledge is martins past when he followed him, why is it relevant that Martin had been suspended from school or anything else ?.
It's relevant because when people point out that TM was a dip***** punk who was sulking across back lawns and looking in windows, people like you keep saying "but he was just an innocent kid, and GZ killed an innocent kid".

It's relevant because it proves TM was a BAD person, had a history of property theft, and was likely acting extremely suspicious.

The fact that GZ didn't know it at the time is irrelevant, but his history proves that he was acting like a sketchy moron (history of theft), he started an physical altercation with GZ (history of extreme violence), he was racists as hell (calling GZ a 'damn cracker', where GZ said nothing racist at all).

History corroborates GZ's description of the events, it doesn't matter that GZ knew the history.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
...and it was the only outcome possible given Zimmerman's actions.
Holy smokes man, I hope you're joking.

If some sketchy looking dude is slowly creeping through my backyard in the rain, and my neighbour asks the guy what he's doing, you are saying the ONLY possible option is for the sketchy dude to kill my neighbour?

I don't think that's what you mean to say?
Old 07-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
It's relevant because when people point out that TM was a dip***** punk who was sulking across back lawns and looking in windows, people like you keep saying "but he was just an innocent kid, and GZ killed an innocent kid".

It's relevant because it proves TM was a BAD person, had a history of property theft, and was likely acting extremely suspicious.

The fact that GZ didn't know it at the time is irrelevant, but his history proves that he was acting like a sketchy moron (history of theft), he started an physical altercation with GZ (history of extreme violence), he was racists as hell (calling GZ a 'damn cracker', where GZ said nothing racist at all).

History corroborates GZ's description of the events, it doesn't matter that GZ knew the history.
Martin isn't on trial here.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_hate_snow View Post
ali#1 is a troll.
No,actually,after reading your many posts in the short time you have been on this site I think you are the troll.Or,as we used to say in the old days....a sh!t disturber.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Neither is Zimmerman. He was acquitted.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 07-16-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
But if Martin WAS a little angel people would be shouting it from the rooftops. Heck, some already are and we know he was no angel. But because he was a little thug, no one can speak of it??
Old 07-16-2013, 12:32 PM

For all that say GZ shouldn't have gotten out of his vehicle, lets extend the arguement and say if Martin wasn't a punk and gotten expelled he wouldn't have had to relocate to a different area...just as absurd an arguement no?
Old 07-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
For all that say GZ shouldn't have gotten out of his vehicle, lets extend the arguement and say if Martin wasn't a punk and gotten expelled he wouldn't have had to relocate to a different area...just as absurd an arguement no?
What if martin's dad used the rhythm method ?

Lets stick to why the altercation started. That's because Zimmerman found him suspicious and followed him.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
But if Martin WAS a little angel people would be shouting it from the rooftops. Heck, some already are and we know he was no angel. But because he was a little thug, no one can speak of it??
Bunch of Mother Teresa's in here I see
Old 07-16-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Bunch of Mother Teresa's in here I see
You may relate to Martin and the stuff he was up to, but not everyone will..
Old 07-16-2013, 01:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
You may relate to Martin and the stuff he was up to, but not everyone will..
Sure nobody here was ever 17 or suspended from school.