Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
The irony being that Clints character was Archie Bunker incarnate and racist from the word go.
Get off my lawn Zipperhead.
He also sacrificed himself in that movie to save that Korean family.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingMOM View Post
More than a wanna be hero.

Florida officials: Zimmerman resurfaces to rescue passenger from overturned truck

Officials in Florida say that former neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman briefly came out of hiding last week long enough to rescue the passenger of a vehicle that had overturned.

Sanford Police Department Capt. Jim McAuliffe told ABC News that Zimmerman “pulled an individual from a truck that had rolled over” at the intersection of I-4 and route 417 on July 17. Fox News reported on Monday that it had confirmed the incident with authorities in Sanford.

A report from FloridaToday.com claimed that “Zimmerman helped rescue four people from an overturned” SUV. Local 10 indicated that the vehicle was a blue Ford Explorer with two adults and two children inside.

It was the first public sighting of Zimmerman since he was acquitted for the murder of Trayvon Martin. The rescue happened less than a mile from where Zimmerman admitted to shooting and killing the 17-year-old boy.
Wow, that's amazing. He just ventures out of the house, and he's once again presented with a chance to be a hero? Man, I've never seen an overturned vehicle with people in it in my entire life. The man is a crime and danger magnet! What a way to rehabilitate your reputation.

Mind you, if I were police, I'd be checking to see if Zimm and those claiming to be rescued actually knew each other prior to the "incident".
Old 07-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Wow, that's amazing. He just ventures out of the house, and he's once again presented with a chance to be a hero? Man, I've never seen an overturned vehicle with people in it in my entire life. The man is a crime and danger magnet! What a way to rehabilitate your reputation.

Mind you, if I were police, I'd be checking to see if Zimm and those claiming to be rescued actually knew each other prior to the "incident".
Nature's perfect balance. Accept it young "Jedi: it is the way.

Super hero.....dangerous situation remedied. One cannot exist without the other. You above all others should realize this.

BTW I have seen many rollovers. Fortunately I had street clothes on instead of my green tights and didn't have to get involved.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 07-23-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:

Really? Never
I've been at 3 and in 1.

Some people are more prone to find themselves in these situations than others.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gust View Post
Notice how portly or chubby is now as compared to then, well, while Trayvon was dumbed down and paranoid on THC, George was hopped up on Aderall and Temazepam.

Long-Term Effects of Adderall

Using Adderall over an extended period can increase the risk of critical cardiovascular problems and strokes. There are also significant mental health issues associated with the long-term use of Adderall, such as depression, hostility and paranoia.

Some people using Temazepam have engaged in activity such as driving, eating, or making phone calls and later having no memory of the activity.

Of course George could have used this as a defense in the immensely long court case (21 days). It also brings up the CCW question on background checks on the mentally instable out there.

http://skydancingblog.com/2012/05/15...and-temazepam/

Pics of George then (skinny, head shaved, jibhead) and now (babyfaced, bigboy burger coifed hair) ;
He has basically been in hiding for four years eating fast food and confined to a hotel room. Of course he got fat.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
I believe the right verdict for US law was returned. I was just saying turning the self defence argument against Zimmerman may of been a better approach.

Zimmerman was the aggressor originally. He stalked the guy, confronted him, then engaged in a fight. There were many points along the way... And at the insistence of the police could of broken the confrontation and did not. This was just stupid actions and not criminal so he got off.

It would be interesting to have seen if the jury would of said Trayvon was protecting himself versus Zimmerman.

If you think about a scenario where someone is following you... Your choice is reasonable to assume ill intent. Then your option is run, hide or stand your ground. If you feel a threat is imminent given the circumstance, swinging first would be reasonable.

Just a though but moot since a decision was rendered.

Still had they tried... Since Zimmerman was the aggressor the verdict may of been different.
Clarification

He stalked or followed him. He was returning to his car when TM attacked therefore walking away from TM therefore no threat to TM therefore no self defense. Even with stand your ground the best defense is not a good offence.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
You need a taller hat. The message sailed over your head while you were trying to discredit the messenger. But that is SOP isn't it?

Zimmerman helped an accident victim?????? WTH is the matter with this guy? Antone know if the victim was white?
NO THEY WERE HISPANIC LOL,AND RELATIVES
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbomber View Post
Who then?
Who made it all about race?

It wasn't in the trial.

It was Jesse Jackson, Obama's Reverend Wright and Reverend Al Sharpton.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gust View Post
Actually it was G.W Bush who created the unemployment benefits for illegals,,, anyhoo. These stats are from the U.S Dept of Commerce, and you are right, the blacks have cornered the welfare market. Actually they haven't, I just wanted you to feel good for a moment.

Welfare Demographics

Percent of recipients who are white 38.8 %
Percent of recipients who are black 39.8 %

Percent of recipients who are Hispanic 15.7 %
Percent of recipients who are Asian 2.4 %
Percent of recipients who are Other 3.3 %
It's interesting that Welfare is brought up without looking at who can get a job. Black people have historically had a unemployment rate at about 2x's the US White population as well as being "last hired, first fired" or not hired at all. I think the results are amazingly low for a people with 16% of their population unemployed, their youth barely employed and an unknown percentage "under" employed. And before you toss in because they're not looking Unemployment rates are based on active job seekers so no telling what the real rates are.

Unemployment rate
Blacks Whites Hispanics
15.8% 7.9% 11.5%

Periods of High Unemployment

In January 2007, the year the recession began, the unemployment rate for black workers was 7.9 percent, compared to 4.2 percent for Whites and 5.8 percent for Hispanics. By January 2009, the unemployment rates had climbed to 7.1 percent for Whites, 12.7 percent for Blacks and 10.0 percent for Hispanics. By the end of 2010, the unemployment rate for Blacks had risen more than for either Whites or Hispanics.

Unemployment for the nation peaked at 10 percent in October 2009, while the unemployment rate for Blacks continued to rise before peaking at 16.7 percent in August 2011 (Chart 1). In comparison, the unemployment rate for Whites peaked along with the national rate in October 2009 at 9.3 percent. Hispanic unemployment peaked at 13.1 percent in November 2010.

Across all races and ethnic groups, the unemployment rate for youth (aged 16-19) is much higher than that for adults. As Chart 2 illustrates, this is also true among Blacks. The unemployment rate for black youth reached a high of 49.1 percent in November 2009 and as of January 2012 had fallen to 38.5 percent. Not only has the unemployment rate remained high, but a large number of black teens are no longer in the labor force - either working or looking for work — which explains some of the drop in the unemployment rate. In 2007, black teens participated in the labor force at a rate of 30.3 percent. By 2011, that rate had declined to 24.9 percent. Labor force participation of black men and women aged 20-54 declined by 2.3 percentage points from 78.2 percent in 2007 to 75.9 percent in 2011, while participation among older black workers (aged 55 and older) increased by 1.3 percentage points — 35.3 percent in 2007 to 36.6 percent in 2011.

http://www.dol.gov/_sec/media/reports/blacklaborforce/
Old 07-23-2013, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:

I agree. Highly suspicious. My guess would be that Zimmerman was trying to roll the vehicle over an innocent black kid.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
I agree. Highly suspicious. My guess would be that Zimmerman was trying to roll the vehicle over an innocent black kid.
LOL If I had coffee I'd have spit. LOL
Old 07-23-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish along View Post
NO THEY WERE HISPANIC LOL,AND RELATIVES
YEP they sure look like their related to zimmerman!

The couple pulled from their upturned SUV by George Zimmerman are Dana and Mark Gerstle

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2ZuxaWkFd
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Old 07-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingMOM View Post
YEP they sure look like their related to zimmerman!

The couple pulled from their upturned SUV by George Zimmerman are Dana and Mark Gerstle

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2ZuxaWkFd
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Mom did her homework.

Right on Mom.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:30 PM

He did the right thing and helped those people. Yaaaay
Old 07-23-2013, 09:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbomber View Post
He did the right thing and helped those people. Yaaaay
Yup... and many people wouldn't have.
Trust me there are more spectators than players both in sports and in life.
I'm no Zimmerman fan but you do have to give the guy credit for being a standup guy this time.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Yup... and many people wouldn't have.
Trust me there are more spectators than players both in sports and in life.
I'm no Zimmerman fan but you do have to give the guy credit for being a standup guy this time.
True that, have seen enough slack jawed gawkers to know that. Others whiz by accident and won't help etc etc.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
Who made it all about race?

It wasn't in the trial.

It was Jesse Jackson, Obama's Reverend Wright and Reverend Al Sharpton.
yeah... it had nothing to do with all the card carrying republican NRA members that kept saying that if it was a white kid... or if it was a black guy.

Please..there are race baiters on both sides.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:53 AM

Quote:
yeah... it had nothing to do with all the card carrying republican NRA members that kept saying that if it was a white kid... or if it was a black guy.

Please..there are race baiters on both sides.
The ones stirring it up in the aftermath of the Zimmerman trial are all black. I forgot to give Rev Jesse Jackson his title. Interesting the main instigators are all men of the cloth.

I don't remember seeing any of those newsclips of white men with both a NRA and a Republican membership card in hand trying to whip up a race riot. Tell us what news channel you watched this on.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
The ones stirring it up in the aftermath of the Zimmerman trial are all black. I forgot to give Rev Jesse Jackson his title. Interesting the main instigators are all men of the cloth.

I don't remember seeing any of those newsclips of white men with both a NRA and a Republican membership card in hand trying to whip up a race riot. Tell us what news channel you watched this on.
Is stating they feel the juries verdict was wrong and calling for calm, peaceful demonstrations, trying to whip up a race riot? The phrase "whipping up a race riot" must have a different meaning in Canada.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:01 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

What he said!

Badger, you are entitled to your opinion, but not your own "facts".

BDB, putting the "BAD" in Badger 24/7.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand