Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-14-2013, 12:53 PM

Now zimmerbum is a walking dead man
Old 07-14-2013, 01:07 PM

Uhhh... no **** he's not guilty.

Case Facts:

1. NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH: His neighbourhood was terrorized by dozens of B&E's, and they voted him to keep an eye on things.

2. SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY: He noticed a young man walking very slowly in the rain in the BACK alley, cutting across lawns and looking in windows.

3. HISTORY OF SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY: This young man was out of school on his 3rd suspension of the year, had a history of violence, and was FOUND WITH RANDOM USED WOMEN'S JEWELLERY AND A SCREWDRIVER WITH PRY MARKS ON IT.

4. OUTCOME OF ALTERCATION: Trayvon and Zimmerman had an altercation, Zimmerman asked what he was doing walking through backyards, Zimmerman was beaten by Trayvon, and had to use his last line of self-defence. From his injuries, it was obvious that he understood the gravity of this and didn't take it lightly.

ZIMMERMAN DID WHAT THE COMMUNITY ASKED HIM TO DO... keep an eye out for suspicious looking people sneaking around lawns and looking through windows.

This is not a 'kid eating skittles', this is EXACTLY THE TYPE OF PERSON ZIMMERMAN WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WATCHING FOR. CREEPING THROUGH YARDS AND A HISTORY OF PROPERTY THEFT. Holy **** people, if this dude was creeping your yard in the middle of the night., the AO calvary would be the first with the 'well I would confronted him and had my rifle on the ready'.

Insanely clear cut.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppercarbide View Post
Uhhh... no **** he's not guilty.

Case Facts:

1. NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH: His neighbourhood was terrorized by dozens of B&E's, and they voted him to keep an eye on things.

2. SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY: He noticed a young man walking very slowly in the rain in the BACK alley, cutting across lawns and looking in windows.

3. HISTORY OF SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY: This young man was out of school on his 3rd suspension of the year, had a history of violence, and was FOUND WITH RANDOM USED WOMEN'S JEWELLERY AND A SCREWDRIVER WITH PRY MARKS ON IT.

4. OUTCOME OF ALTERCATION: Trayvon and Zimmerman had an altercation, Zimmerman asked what he was doing walking through backyards, Zimmerman was beaten by Trayvon, and had to use his last line of self-defence. From his injuries, it was obvious that he understood the gravity of this and didn't take it lightly.

ZIMMERMAN DID WHAT THE COMMUNITY ASKED HIM TO DO... keep an eye out for suspicious looking people sneaking around lawns and looking through windows.

This is not a 'kid eating skittles', this is EXACTLY THE TYPE OF PERSON ZIMMERMAN WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WATCHING FOR. CREEPING THROUGH YARDS AND A HISTORY OF PROPERTY THEFT. Holy **** people, if this dude was creeping your yard in the middle of the night., the AO calvary would be the first with the 'well I would confronted him and had my rifle on the ready'.

Insanely clear cut.
How does Zimmerman know any of a kids history walking down the street ?.

He was a young black male wearing a hoodie, if he were a white kid with a suit on I doubt he would have found him suspicious.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Membership here is optional, if you don't like the way the volunteer mods do their job feel free to post elsewhere
It sure is as are the rules and applying them to your friends.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGSH View Post
Now zimmerbum is a walking dead man
I doubt it this will blow over soon, remember the Boston bombings ? That was less than 3 months ago, Zimmerman will be a footnote in history in a little while, although if I were him I would see what Alaska is like for a little while.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali#1 View Post
How does Zimmerman know any of a kids history walking down the street ?.

He was a young black male wearing a hoodie, if he were a white kid with a suit on I doubt he would have found him suspicious.
The kid, black or white fit the profile of a possible suspect. Zimmerman was following him to observe his activities. The kid attacked him and he did what he had to do to save his life. The kid could have gone home but he chose no to.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincherguy View Post
The kid, black or white fit the profile of a possible suspect. Zimmerman was following him to observe his activities. The kid attacked him and he did what he had to do to save his life. The kid could have gone home but he chose no to.
Zimmerman beig a neighbourhood watch has absolutely no authority to follow or ask anybody anything, you guys act as if a neighbourhood watch guy is a police officer or sheriff, it's basically a fancy title for wannabe rental mall cop who calls the police a lot, he was also told he didn't need to follow and did anyways, but he's off with it and I can live with that. But to come here and Demonize a young man and say good riddance to a human being is over the top for me, he wasn't just a black youth he was a youth, he wasn't just a black kid he was a kid, minus the pigment in his skin he was probably like a lot of us at that age, I know I wasn't the best kid and I had a record and I was arrested and would have probably failed a drug test, the rest of you guys are acting as if this is alter boys outdoorsmen and you never did anything wrong in your life.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Zimmerman beig a neighbourhood watch has absolutely no authority to follow or ask anybody anything, you guys act as if a neighbourhood watch guy is a police officer or sheriff, it's basically a fancy title for wannabe rental mall cop who calls the police a lot, he was also told he didn't need to follow and did anyways, but he's off with it and I can live with that. But to come here and Demonize a young man and say good riddance to a human being is over the top for me, he wasn't just a black youth he was a youth, he wasn't just a black kid he was a kid, minus the pigment in his skin he was probably like a lot of us at that age, I know I wasn't the best kid and I had a record and I was arrested and would have probably failed a drug test, the rest of you guys are acting as if this is alter boys outdoorsmen and you never did anything wrong in your life.
I never sat on top of a neighborhood watch person while trying to smash their skull in on the concrete.

I've never been arrested, never done drugs nor failed a drug test. Congratulations Ali you win.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 07-14-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
How does Zimmerman know any of a kids history walking down the street ?
All the of case facts I wrote and you're going to argue the one that isn't even central to the case? Even if you take #3 completely away, it's still open and shut., but the history of the property theft is relevant as it reinforces #2 (suspicious activity).

The fact that he has a history of violence and B&E is a pretty clear indication that he was likely acting suspicious, giving Zimmerman a reason to look closer. Not because he was black, but because he was creeping around yards and casing out houses like he had done it before (which he had).

You're really pulling at the last threads of this debate in your attempt to cling to the fuzzy warm sweater you've knit in your head about this case. Sorry man, but it just doesn't seem that your opinion matches the facts of the case.

I can agree with you that the end result was unfortunate, but if someone with a violent and larcenous history was looking in my window, I'd be happy to have a Zimmerman watching my street, I suspect you would as well, regardless of the color of your skin.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
All the of case facts I wrote and you're going to argue the one that isn't even central to the case? Even if you take #3 completely away, it's still open and shut., but the history of the property theft is relevant as it reinforces #2 (suspicious activity).

The fact that he has a history of violence and B&E is a pretty clear indication that he was likely acting suspicious, giving Zimmerman a reason to look closer. Not because he was black, but because he was creeping around yards and casing out houses like he had done it before (which he had).

You're really pulling at the last threads of this debate in your attempt to cling to the fuzzy warm sweater you've knit in your head about this case. Sorry man, but it just doesn't seem that your opinion matches the facts of the case.

I can agree with you that the end result was unfortunate, but if someone with a violent and larcenous history was looking in my window, I'd be happy to have a Zimmerman watching my street, I suspect you would as well, regardless of the color of your skin.
If he was a white kid wearing a suit he wouldn't be dead period end of story, Zimmerman judged him based on his race and maybe his clothing and that's fundamentally wrong.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Banned

I hope they did not take Mr. Zimmerman's guns away from him. He is really going to need them now.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
I hope they did not take Mr. Zimmerman's guns away from him. He is really going to need them now.
Hopefully he doesn't need then more.

Like I said if I were him I would see what Alaska is like this time of the decade. It will blow over and in 10 years we will see him on some show about where are they now.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Neighborhood watch guy or ordinary citizen, you and I have the right to follow someone we feel is acting suspicious. If we don't know the guy we also have the right to ask " what are you doing around here? " He has the right to tell you to get stuffed if he wants. Just doing this may let him know he is being watched and may prevent a crime. I am not trying to demonize that young man, I feel sorry for him and his folks, too bad it had to happen. There were a lot of bad choices made that night on both sides of the fence. The only good to come of it is maybe some lessons learned by all to avoid another incident.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Neighborhood watch guy or ordinary citizen, you and I have the right to follow someone we feel is acting suspicious. If we don't know the guy we also have the right to ask " what are you doing around here? " He has the right to tell you to get stuffed if he wants. Just doing this may let him know he is being watched and may prevent a crime. I am not trying to demonize that young man, I feel sorry for him and his folks, too bad it had to happen. There were a lot of bad choices made that night on both sides of the fence. The only good to come of it is maybe some lessons learned by all to avoid another incident.
If he stayed in his truck this wouldn't have happened.

I just hope this is over now they are talking about federal charges or something now department of justice etc?.

If I have learned anything is that nobody in a high profile case gets convicted ever, not oj not Casey Anthony not Zimmerman I wonder what it is ?.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
If he was a white kid wearing a suit he wouldn't be dead period end of story.
If he was a black kid wearing a suit he wouldn't be dead period end of story. I'm not sure you're helping your case here.

Have you noticed that you're one of the only ones in this discussion relying on race as a crutch on almost every post?
Old 07-14-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
If he stayed in his truck this wouldn't have happened.

I just hope this is over now they are talking about federal charges or something now department of justice etc?.

If I have learned anything is that nobody in a high profile case gets convicted ever, not oj not Casey Anthony not Zimmerman I wonder what it is ?.
Like I said. bad choices here, If Martin would have gone home when had the chance. So shouda woulda coulda
Old 07-14-2013, 02:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hopefully he doesn't need then more.

Like I said if I were him I would see what Alaska is like this time of the decade. It will blow over and in 10 years we will see him on some show about where are they now.
Hey Ali.

Wasn't Mr. Zimmerman a Latino of some sort?

Do you think there are going to be some really cool race riots to watch on TV?

I really like watching those race riots, especially when a rioting looter gets shot in the guts with one of those big police rubber bullets.

I hope you are not inferring Mr. Zimmerman go to Alaska because there isn't all that many black folks up there.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Like I said. bad choices here, If Martin would have gone home when had the chance. So shouda woulda coulda
Now people should hurry home because people that are following them may be a bad fighter and have a loaded gun and shoot them ?.

If Zimmerman stays in his truck like he was told trayvon is still alive today and this whole thing would not have happened, that's the start of it not Martin not going right home.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hey Ali.

Wasn't Mr. Zimmerman a Latino of some sort?

Do you think there are going to be some really cool race riots to watch on TV?

I really like watching those race riots, especially when a rioting looter gets shot in the guts with one of those big police rubber bullets.
Maybe a Latino wouldn't fit in in Alaska ? You may have a point there.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
...he wasn't just a black youth he was a youth, he wasn't just a black kid he was a kid, minus the pigment in his skin he was probably like a lot of us at that age, I know I wasn't the best kid and I had a record and I was arrested and would have probably failed a drug test, the rest of you guys are acting as if this is alter boys outdoorsmen and you never did anything wrong in your life.
So, I think you are making two arguments here, and I'm quite convinced that neither makes a lot of sense.

1. Argument 1: AGE.
You are saying that he was but a child, and therefore this alters the case. However, this argument also infers that had this exact same event happened a few months later, the outcome or the responsibility would have changed drastically. I don't think this would have been the case. Trayvon was on his 3rd school suspension, and had a quickly growing list of crimes and misdemeanours. I don't think there's a magical date when he suddenly becomes responsible for them, and before that we say "hey, he's just a child". He wasn't a child, he was acting as an adult, capable of committing the crimes of an adult. To act like Zimmerman is a child murderer is untruthful and misleading.

2. Argument 2: PERSONAL HISTORY
You are also stating that, like Zimmerman, you have a history of homicidal violence, drug abuse, theft of property, and break and entry. Using this information, you have decided that he should be given the benefit of the doubt, because you did it and you turned out fine (a point I cannot corroborate).
I'm sure now that you read this argument, you're getting a bit of a laugh out of it, as am I. I don't think the international justice community would be too accepting of the "ali#1 did it too" defence option, haha.

At the end of it all, I think we agree that Zimmerman could have avoided this entire thing by just staying in his house and not trying to better his community by remaining vigilant and volunteering his time. I think we just disagree as to whether that would have been a better idea.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
So, I think you are making two arguments here, and I'm quite convinced that neither makes a lot of sense.

1. Argument 1: AGE.
You are saying that he was but a child, and therefore this alters the case. However, this argument also infers that had this exact same event happened a few months later, the outcome or the responsibility would have changed drastically. I don't think this would have been the case. Trayvon was on his 3rd school suspension, and had a quickly growing list of crimes and misdemeanours. I don't think there's a magical date when he suddenly becomes responsible for them, and before that we say "hey, he's just a child". He wasn't a child, he was acting as an adult, capable of committing the crimes of an adult. To act like Zimmerman is a child murderer is untruthful and misleading.

2. Argument 2: PERSONAL HISTORY
You are also stating that, like Zimmerman, you have a history of homicidal violence, drug abuse, theft of property, and break and entry. Using this information, you have decided that he should be given the benefit of the doubt, because you did it and you turned out fine (a point I cannot corroborate).
I'm sure now that you read this argument, you're getting a bit of a laugh out of it, as am I. I don't think the international justice community would be too accepting of the "ali#1 did it too" defence option, haha.

At the end of it all, I think we agree that Zimmerman could have avoided this entire thing by just staying in his house and not trying to better his community by remaining vigilant and volunteering his time. I think we just disagree as to whether that would have been a better idea.
Does Zimmerman know any of martins history when he followed him ?
Old 07-14-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Now people should hurry home because people that are following them may be a bad fighter and have a loaded gun and shoot them ?.

If Zimmerman stays in his truck like he was told trayvon is still alive today and this whole thing would not have happened, that's the start of it not Martin not going right home.
If some guy is following me and I feel threatened I am heading home ASAP.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:

Zimmerman had no obligation or duty to stay in his truck. He acted as he saw fit. Obviously a jury of his peers agreed with his actions and the outcome he was ACQUITTED.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 07-14-2013, 02:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
If some guy is following me and I feel threatened I am heading home ASAP.
Everybody is different I can say now with more life experience and things like mortgages and kids I would probably do the same, but as a 17 year old me I may double back and check the guy out at least and maybe confront him. It's hard to say really unless it happens to you.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
Zimmerman had no obligation or duty to stay in his truck. He acted as he saw fit. Obviously a jury of his peers agreed with his actions and the outcome he was ACQUITTED.
He acted as he did and a young man is dead because of it, he was acquitted because the burden of proof was on the prosecution beyond a reasonable doubt. Oj was acquitted to do you think he was innocent ?
Old 07-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
He acted as he did and a young man is dead because of it, he was acquitted because the burden of proof was on the prosecution beyond a reasonable doubt. Oj was acquitted to do you think he was innocent ?
Was Jesus innocent?
Old 07-14-2013, 02:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Was Jesus innocent?
Of what ?
Old 07-14-2013, 02:51 PM

The jury chose wisely. Sadly in our country it is illegal to carry even a stick for self defense purposes...one less dirtbag to 'rehabilitate'
Old 07-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Of what ?
Trumped up charges of the state. Sort of like Zimmerman.

Hey Ali: Do you think Mr. Zimmerman will be made an honorary member of Crime Stoppers? I would chip in for his membership.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
The jury chose wisely. Sadly in our country it is illegal to carry even a stick for self defense purposes...one less dirtbag to 'rehabilitate'
You knew the kid personally ?