Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-14-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by super7mag View Post
He was found not guilty by a jury of his peers, the system worked. How's is that not right? I mean unless you have some forthcoming evidence that the prosecuter was not privy too? It was the absolute right outcome.
Well why is everyone so upset with fb statuses ect... ?
Old 07-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGSH View Post
Doesn't matter if my gf said it, cnn, parents, ABB or you said it, it's still not right no matter what, it's just pathetic.
It certainly is BG. A good law abiding citizen like Mr. Zimmerman being crucified by the race baiters who like to instill hate everywhere they go.
Race baiters who instill hate by using the liberal media.
Race baiters who are the liberal equivalent to the KKK. Absolutely disgusting.
Whoops the KKK are Democrats, just like race baiters.

I am glad that you see the real truth like me.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincherguy View Post
Do you? Sounds to me like he was your best friend. Maybe you and he are two peas in a pod.
How did you know I was a 17 year old black kid ?.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Well why is everyone so upset with fb statuses ect... ?
Ya who cares about evidence right? They should have convicted him based on FB statuses.. lol
Old 07-14-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantdi View Post
Ya who cares about evidence right? They should have convicted him based on FB statuses.. lol
Exactly
Old 07-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Banned

CNN wins again.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali#1 View Post
How did you know I was a 17 year old black kid ?.
Lucky guess
Old 07-14-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
CNN wins again.
What is wrong with CNN?
Old 07-14-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
What is wrong with CNN?
Can you say derail? way off topic here.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Can you say derail? way off topic here.
x2
Old 07-14-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
The kid, black or white fit the profile of a possible suspect. Zimmerman was following him to observe his activities. The kid attacked him and he did what he had to do to save his life. The kid could have gone home but he chose no to.
Only Zimmerman knows the real truth about what happened that night and you know how it is, there are three sides to a story, this side, that side and in between there somewhere is the actual truth. Maybe Trayvon was simply "standing his ground". Either way, this sets a bad precedent and the stand your ground law is obviously faulty.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
Only Zimmerman knows the real truth about what happened that night and you know how it is, there are three sides to a story, this side, that side and in between there somewhere is the actual truth. Maybe Trayvon was simply "standing his ground". Either way, this sets a bad precedent and the stand your ground law is obviously faulty.
Agreed
Old 07-14-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Like I said. bad choices here, If Martin would have gone home when had the chance. So shouda woulda coulda

It's a double edged sword, if Zimmerman had of followed the 911 operator's advice not to pursue.....
Old 07-14-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
It's a double edged sword, if Zimmerman had of followed the 911 operator's advice not to pursue.....
Yup, but he's alive to tell his side. History is written by the winners. It takes two to tango, both parties contributed to the tragedy. As such, I can't take sides.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
The fundamental danger of an acquittal is not race riots, it's more George Zimmermans. - Jay Smooth. Quote from twitter.

That about sums up my feelings on this.
I have to agree with you on this, people shouldnt have to deal with this kind of nut.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
I suspect there will be some riots, some random violence, and Zimmerman and his family will most likely be targets for a very long time.

I have nothing nice to say about either Zimmerman or Martin.

What I saw from this is a need to better control who can carry a weapon. Zimmerman was a wannabe cop, and despite his best intentions, he killed someone who was not guilty of doing anything at that time, other then going home. He should have waited for the police like the 911 operator told him.

Martin was a druggy and a petty thief, contrary to what his family and his supporters had to say about him. He was typical of what happens to poor black youths.
Yes this is a fair statement
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
Touché.
Well it looks like you have been distracted as well
Old 07-14-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
I was expecting a guilty verdict because of race, regardless of what was being said about race not being a factor. I guess I was wrong, with that said, I didn't want to see a guilty verdict.

I might get flamed or even banned for this, but good riddance, one less druggy petty thieve on the streets is fine by me. You know those crack heads stealing your truck, and breaking in to your house in the middle of the night, they started off as druggy petty thieves too
This young man did not deserve to die especially at the hands of a wannabe cop, who was told to stand and wait for the real police to come.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:12 PM
Banned

How many of you believe this trial was race based?

Who are the bad guys?

blacks?

Latinos?

Whites?

And why?

I will bet no one will or can answer this question.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
How many of you believe this trial was race based?

Who are the bad guys?

blacks?

Latinos?

Whites?

And why?

I will bet no one will or can answer this question.
We were talking about this earlier today,

different scenarios:

black man, black kid / never hits the news

black man, white kid/ little or no news

white man, white kid / little or no news

Everybody knows that once a young black kid is killed he goes from what ever he is to being the next thing to a saint. We all think our kids are good and can do no wrong, well it ain't so Virginia
Old 07-14-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
Zimmerman had no obligation or duty to stay in his truck. He acted as he saw fit. Obviously a jury of his peers agreed with his actions and the outcome he was ACQUITTED.
I believe he was obligated to sta y in his truck, because the Police told him to .
Old 07-14-2013, 07:19 PM

dd
Old 07-14-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish along View Post
I believe he was obligated to sta y in his truck, because the Police told him to .
Fortunately, the jury didn't agree with you.

And the 911 operator isn't a police officer and can't give lawful orders. He had no obligation to stay in his truck.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali#1 View Post
Is there any proof that Martin attacked him first besides what Zimmerman said ?
In my opinion GZ attacked the kid, who knows for sure, it's a one sided story, the kid can't tell his side .
Old 07-14-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish along View Post
Well it looks like you have been distracted as well
It happens to be the topic of the day/week it seems so I felt obligated to chime my two cents in.

I've seen the race thing thrown around quiet a bit on this discussion. Racial profiling and discrimination is horrible, and such a problem in the states as evident by statistics. Only A'merka can change that, how you see race though, that's up to you to figure out.

I think for a lot of Americans the fact this "Stand Your Ground" Law held up in this situation is a very scary reality. Now you have to worry about vigilantly, armed, neighborhood watch members confronting you on the street for going about your evening. Something that has been brought up is the fact that zimmerman was INSTRUCTED by law authorities via a 911 call to not follow. Zimmerman took the enforcement of the law in his own hands that night with no more then a vague suspicion. That was wrong. A young mans life and potential is far more valuable then a broken window and a few missing baubles.

What's troubling for me on here is how many members have put Treyvon on trial here. I've seen many claims that his activities were suspicious that night, but the timeline of questioning and arrest of Zimmerman gives ample time to create a false record. Consider the fact that many of us have cut through other peoples yards, at night, to get to where we're going quicker. We've also turned our heads and observe our surroundings while doing so. Is this now considered casing a joint for a B&E? A victim is a victim, and if they're dead they cannot defend their character, or give their side of events so one must assume that without witnesses the victim was innocent. We are all innocent until PROVEN guilty, even if we're killed for being suspicious.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 07-14-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:

And the 911 operator isn't a police officer and can't give lawful orders. He had no obligation to stay in his truck.
A 911 operator knows police policy better then a neighborhood watch leader. Policy is to not have the public involved in pursuing a suspect. I'm sure that's even Neighborhood Watch policy. Observe and report, not follow and confront.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 07-14-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:

My error bug I still say he was obligated.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:46 PM

Default Guess the party's on

At least judging by this...........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Q1ZgFav[1].jpg (18.1 KB, 26 views)
Old 07-14-2013, 08:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppercarbide View Post
Uhhh... no **** he's not guilty.

Case Facts:

1. NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH: His neighbourhood was terrorized by dozens of B&E's, and they voted him to keep an eye on things.

2. SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY: He noticed a young man walking very slowly in the rain in the BACK alley, cutting across lawns and looking in windows.

3. HISTORY OF SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY: This young man was out of school on his 3rd suspension of the year, had a history of violence, and was FOUND WITH RANDOM USED WOMEN'S JEWELLERY AND A SCREWDRIVER WITH PRY MARKS ON IT.

4. OUTCOME OF ALTERCATION: Trayvon and Zimmerman had an altercation, Zimmerman asked what he was doing walking through backyards, Zimmerman was beaten by Trayvon, and had to use his last line of self-defence. From his injuries, it was obvious that he understood the gravity of this and didn't take it lightly.

ZIMMERMAN DID WHAT THE COMMUNITY ASKED HIM TO DO... keep an eye out for suspicious looking people sneaking around lawns and looking through windows.

This is not a 'kid eating skittles', this is EXACTLY THE TYPE OF PERSON ZIMMERMAN WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WATCHING FOR. CREEPING THROUGH YARDS AND A HISTORY OF PROPERTY THEFT. Holy **** people, if this dude was creeping your yard in the middle of the night., the AO calvary would be the first with the 'well I would confronted him and had my rifle on the ready'.

Insanely clear cut.
I guess your definition of what qualifies as a fact... must be different than mine.

Fact is... you just made up about 90% of what you just posted.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
What scares me is the New Black Panthers have made it clear they plan to cause riots. They have been busing people in to enact their revenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xQtryE1stw

http://www.libertyfederation.com/bla...nds_to_florida
Last time they showed up... it consisted of a couple guys walking doing SFA.Didn't stop the right wing media from capitalizing on that though.