http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JACRsCRdqxM
Legit snort at 0:42-0:43
Old 08-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
still there are we?

His brother died. Ergo the compassion.

He didn't do illegal drugs. He died of what I am to assume was wrong diagnosis and medication.

But yes, if people BREAK LAWS THEY SHOULD BE HELD LIABLE FOR THEIR CRIMES.

THAT is completely insane???

Get a grip.

Is it a crime without a victim?
Old 08-13-2013, 05:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
These guys OD'd on marijuana!

OMG, Bwahahahahah
Old 08-13-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
These guys OD'd on marijuana!

Ha! And this is what we have to keep illegal? But no biggie on booze eh?

Priceless
Old 08-13-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrow397 View Post

Priceless
hey, the Sleeman guy brags about his ancestors being traffickers. Errr, I mean bootleggers (sounds so much nicer).

I can see Pablo Escobar's kids in 30 years... "We don't hide it, because it's true... Coke. It's notoriously good".
Old 08-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Banned

Quote:

Priceless
Funny that the biggest drug dealer on this thread is anti drug dealing.

Talk about a conflicted personality.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Dave View Post
K, now you're throwing another equation into the mix...a kid who's smoking in high school. I'd bet on him being successful about as much as I'd bet on the kid that's getting drunk in High school being successful.
If my 16 yr old was getting stoned in high school I'd tan his arse as quickly as if he started smoking or drinking at that age. My son has severe Crohns and he only started smoking it to help alleviate his symptoms. I don't kid myself, he also enjoys its non medicinal effects as well. But it didn't bother me as he was an adult living on his own when he started it. He never smoked it in high school even though he knew we did. He also didnt smoke cigs or abused the bottle. An honour student.

My wife was raised the most straight laced religious person you'd ever meet. She tried it first in her late 30s (against my advice I might add) because she wasn't a drinker at all yet wanted to enjoy a "party" as much as the next person. The difference was, she could get just as "buzzed" as her girlfriends and still wake up the next morning at 6:00 am fresh as a daisy, with no hangover whatsoever...meanwhile her drinking friends would be puking their guts out regretting that they didn't know who they might've slept with the previous night.
Fast forward 15 years, and now it's a life saver as its the only thing that helps her cope with almost debilitating fibromyalgia.
I'm a bird of a different feather. I was raised a hippy child of the 60s. And started smoking it at age 9. Did so up until my teens. I then turned to religion and for the next dozen or so years abstained from everything.
In my late 30s I joined my wife and found it to be the perfect "relaxant". No gettig sick. No hangovers. I'm not a big drinker and I can't stand cigarette smoke. So we both enjoy it. Responsibly.

So there are 3 examples from 3 different upbringings of responsible users.
Hear hear to the wifey!!!!!
I have debilitating arthritis , and I prefer a rocket to control pain instead of my prescription Ketorolac. Only way I will use the prescription is when I have a real bad day, and I cannot walk or use my hands. There is a price to pay with that though, the Ketorolac makes me feel sick, (which BTW, will burn a hole in your stomach) so I have to really be desperate enough.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Is it a crime without a victim?
Ken is labouring under the delusion that the law is some sort of moral doctrine. Like the rules we have in current society were ordained by some sort of righteous and infallible philosophy.

I truly think we see a case of incurable sociopathy here. To think a human life should be destroyed by being locked in a cage forever because of a plant in their pocket just because a piece of paper says its the "law" is truly the thinking of a sick mind.

Keep drinking the kool aid from your lords and masters that make the "law" Ken, because I think you are beyond help.

No victim, no crime. It's really simple.

Why bother throwing that 18 year old in prison for having a joint until he dies at 90? It costs over $100,000 a year to keep a prisoner in Canada. Ken, why not just execute them and be done with it?

Personally I'd rather die than be put In cage for another 40, 50, or 60 years.

So Ken, if the law is gospel, and Trudeau becomes prime minister, revokes all PALs, effectively making guns illegal that's cool with you? Cause the "law" says so? Anybody, everybody that resists and doesn't turn in their guns should get life or killed cause the "law" says so? We can do this for a whole pile of examples.
Women used to be burned for doing math because only a witch or men could think to that level. That used to be law.
How about the laws that said blacks couldn't drink from the same fountains as whites. The blacks got what they deserved if they broke this "law"?

Your a brain washed, morally corrupt, and dangerous man Ken. I don't think anything can help you.

Good luck to ya, and I hope we never cross paths.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Ken is labouring under the delusion that the law is some sort of moral doctrine. Like the rules we have in current society were ordained by some sort of righteous and infallible philosophy.

I truly think we see a case of incurable sociopathy here. To think a human life should be destroyed by being locked in a cage forever because of a plant in their pocket just because a piece of paper says its the "law" is truly the thinking of a sick mind.

Keep drinking the kool aid from your lords and masters that make the "law" Ken, because I think you are beyond help.

No victim, no crime. It's really simple.

Why bother throwing that 18 year old in prison for having a joint until he dies at 90? It costs over $100,000 a year to keep a prisoner in Canada. Ken, why not just execute them and be done with it?

Personally I'd rather die than be put In cage for another 40, 50, or 60 years.

So Ken, if the law is gospel, and Trudeau becomes prime minister, revokes all PALs, effectively making guns illegal that's cool with you? Cause the "law" says so? Anybody, everybody that resists and doesn't turn in their guns should get life or killed cause the "law" says so? We can do this for a whole pile of examples.
Women used to be burned for doing math because only a witch or men could think to that level. That used to be law.
How about the laws that said blacks couldn't drink from the same fountains as whites. The blacks got what they deserved if they broke this "law"?

Your a brain washed, morally corrupt, and dangerous man Ken. I don't think anything can help you.

Good luck to ya, and I hope we never cross paths.
What else more absurd can you possibly bring into this ridiculous argument?

My stance has never changed, I am against crime, criminals and illegal narcotics.

You call me morally corrupt? ROFLMAO!!!

Do you fit into the pothead, alcoholic, dealer, distributor or grower category? You are sure passionate about this, there must be some reason.

IF IF IF IF IF IF IF

If a ducks ass wasn't watertight it wouldn't float, not unlike your rambling.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 08-13-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
I wasn't going to say anything regarding this particular example, but.....

Ken, Jbrow certainly didn't put it well or politely, but the fellow originally did say that his brother was addicted to prescription drugs. It wasn't an accident that he had them. I want to be respectful to all here on this issue, but I think the point is that when we speak of actual people we know or that others know, we offer our condolences (as we should) and think it a sad thing, a health issue. But when we speak in generalities without a human face that's when we start thinking of drugs as a moral/legal issue and say things like "throw them all in jail", etc.
Ummm...just so everyone knows, I'm a female. And I was stating that prescription drugs killed my bro, not marijuana. I wish i could have thrown his doctor in jail. It broke my mother's heart and she never got over it.

Like what's been said, it's really up to the individual and how they started out in life I think.

I also have another bro which I have not seen in 30+ years. He did hard time for killing someone in jail (25 years). He was 15 when he started off drinking, then we moved to another neighborhood where he met up with new friends and things quickly escalated to hard drugs. Parents tried to straighten him out to no avail. I might add that he also was never a marijuana/cigarette smoker because he hated smoke around him, but he liked the hard stuff that you did not have to breathe in.

On the flip side, my eldest bro was a former Calgary Police officer (quit because he had a new family and his wife did not want him in it anymore), and he has tried it. It was never his thing, but at least he was honest about it. I am the only one in my family that indulges, and none of my family criticize me for it so that's a good thing. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBD View Post
Our Brain's are programmed to process POT ... not ALCHOL and these other ones they have us popping !

Marijuana, it turns out, affects brain chemistry in a comparatively different way than addictive drugs.

Drugs like heroin, cocaine, amphetamines, alcohol and nicotine affect the production of dopamine ( a neurotransmitter) which chemically activates switches in the brain to produce extremely pleasurable feelings. Drugs that affect dopamine production produce addiction because the human brain is genetically conditioned to adjust behavior to maximize dopamine production.

The recent discovery of a cannabinoid receptor system in the human brain has revolutionized research on marijuana and cannabinoids, and proves that marijuana use does not have a dependence or addictive effects.

People who require marijuana for medical purposes discover responsibly what dose provides steady therapeutic benefits.

Compare this to Alchol Abuse ..... and the Health effects from it's over use Anemia, Cancer, Cardiovascular disease, Cirrhosis, Dementia, Depression, Seizures, Gout, High blood pressure, Nerve damage, Infectious disease

TBD

PS ... have a Read boys, cannibis is a pretty interesting Plant, kind of strange that are brain's have been programmed to USE it !

http://www.marijuanalibrary.org/brain2.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikanit View Post
Ummm...just so everyone knows, I'm a female. And I was stating that prescription drugs killed my bro, not marijuana. I wish i could have thrown his doctor in jail. It broke my mother's heart and she never got over it.

Like what's been said, it's really up to the individual and how they started out in life I think.

I also have another bro which I have not seen in 30+ years. He did hard time for killing someone in jail (25 years). He was 15 when he started off drinking, then we moved to another neighborhood where he met up with new friends and things quickly escalated to hard drugs. Parents tried to straighten him out to no avail. I might add that he also was never a marijuana/cigarette smoker because he hated smoke around him, but he liked the hard stuff that you did not have to breathe in.

On the flip side, my eldest bro was a former Calgary Police officer (quit because he had a new family and his wife did not want him in it anymore), and he has tried it. It was never his thing, but at least he was honest about it. I am the only one in my family that indulges, and none of my family criticize me for it so that's a good thing. Just my 2 cents worth.
I like you. You seem real and in touch.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
My stance has never changed, I am against crime, criminals and illegal narcotics.

Not quite the point though ken. If legalized there would be no crime of possession, no criminals, and no "illegal" narcotics. I also assume that if gun ownership was made illegal you probably wouldn't say you support the law because you are against crime, criminals (gun owners) and illegal guns (all guns). I would assume you would argue that the law is ridiculous and should be changed and that the state has no right to dictate such a law when you are hurting no one by having a shotgun.

That is not to say that someone couldn't or shouldn't be vehementy against drug use, just that someone who does use shouldn't be incarcerated or have their life otherwise damaged for doing something you or i don't approve of.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
What else more absurd can you possibly bring into this ridiculous argument?

You call me morally corrupt? ROFLMAO!!!

Do you fit into the pothead, alcoholic, dealer, distributor or grower category? You are sure passionate about this, there must be some reason.

IF IF IF IF IF IF IF

If a ducks ass wasn't watertight it wouldn't float, not unlike your rambling.
Nope don't fit into any of those categories. I am simply vehemently against anyone like you that wishes harm on others that have hurt nobody.
Your just not smart enough to look past your biggotry and hatred. Just like the rabid ignorant racist that won't look past his foolish beliefs despite everyone else changing around him.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Not quite the point though ken. If legalized there would be no crime of possession, no criminals, and no "illegal" narcotics. I also assume that if gun ownership was made illegal you probably wouldn't say you support the law because you are against crime, criminals (gun owners) and illegal guns (all guns). I would assume you would argue that the law is ridiculous and should be changed and that the state has no right to dictate such a law when you are hurting no one by having a shotgun.

That is not to say that someone couldn't or shouldn't vehementy against drug use, just that someone who does use shouldn't be incarcerated or have their life otherwise damaged for doing something you or i don't approve of.
Well, that's my point. It is one thing I will likely never sway on.
I'm not a criminal, I hope my family follows suit.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 08-13-2013, 06:31 PM
Banned

Old 08-13-2013, 06:36 PM

I HATE IT!!!!!!
why do you hate it?
I DONT KNOW. BUT I DO.
oh.... Alrighty then.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
I HATE IT!!!!!!
why do you hate it?
I DONT KNOW. BUT I DO.
oh.... Alrighty Ken
Fixed it.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Nope don't fit into any of those categories. I am simply vehemently against anyone like you that wishes harm on others that have hurt nobody.
Your just not smart enough to look past your biggotry and hatred. Just like the rabid ignorant racist that won't look past his foolish beliefs despite everyone else changing around him.

Hahaha a bigot for wanting stiffer penalties!!!

WOW we have a winner here boys and girls!!!

Puff puff pass there sport

Crawl back under your bridge.

You live in fantasyland, thinking consumption of ILLEGAL NARCOTICS is victimless.

You are fighting a losing battle now, what else you gonna throw in?

Give it up, your idiotic inessant rambling is getting you nowhere.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
This is a bit over the top, as I think many here will attest that Ken tries pretty hard to do right in his life, and to others.

I think his views on this subject help him make sense of the world and makes it easy for him to draw a well defined line wrt personal morality and the actions of successful, contributing members of society.

This line is only a concept, and as many have pointed out here, it does not hold up under scrutiny. For his purposes, it does not need to, and for the most part it likely serves him well.

The problem is applying that moral compass to others and suggesting that what works for him should work for others.

Every good conservative knows that what they do in their own home, is their own damn business and the same applies to everyone else.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
This is a bit over the top, as I think many here will attest that Ken tries pretty hard to do right in his life, and to others.

I think his views on this subject help him make sense of the world and makes it easy for him to draw a well defined line wrt personal morality and the actions of successful, contributing members of society.

This line is only a concept, and as many have pointed out here, it does not hold up under scrutiny. For his purposes, it does not need to, and for the most part it likely serves him well.

The problem is applying that moral compass to others and suggesting that what works for him should work for others.

Every good conservative knows that what they do in their own home, is their own damn business and the same applies to everyone else.
Agreed with this whole statement.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:51 PM

Time out kiddies. Lets crank the IQ level up a little here before the poor mods have to start closing and banning.
Banned

pucken hilare

The point you're refusing to acknowledge Ken, is that marijuana is less victimless than prescription medications, alcohol or other perfectly legal activities. You really do think that the law is what is moral? Or at this point you're arguing for the sake of arguing. You claim you're not a criminal..... have you ever sped? That's more dangerous to others than pot. Do you quad in the forest.... permanent damage to forest. Glad in this entire thread there's only two people that refuse to give up the reefer madness.......
Old 08-13-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
I HATE IT!!!!!!
why do you hate it?
I DONT KNOW. BUT I DO.
oh.... Alrighty then.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
I've run into so many people just like that!!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deo101 View Post
The point you're refusing to acknowledge Ken, is that marijuana is less victimless than prescription medications, alcohol or other perfectly legal activities. You really do think that the law is what is moral? Or at this point you're arguing for the sake of arguing. You claim you're not a criminal..... have you ever sped? That's more dangerous to others than pot. Do you quad in the forest.... permanent damage to forest. Glad in this entire thread there's only two people that refuse to give up the reefer madness.......
:

Last edited by BackPackHunter; 08-13-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:57 PM

Last edited by BackPackHunter; 08-13-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:59 PM

I got a double negative there but I think you all know what I was getting at. Should read weed is more victimless. As in less victims lol.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:

I don't think it's over the top at all.

All of you picture your loved ones. Picture them smoking a joint under Ken's law, if he had control as he said.

No picture them in a cage, forever

Their life is now meaningless

This guy is delusional. He tries to do right by his life? How so, because he hasn't hurt anyone?

Think about it folks. He isn't like Potty that just doesn't like the drug or those that use it, he wishes life in a cage for them. Can you imagine your kids, siblings, parents going to prison for life because someone like him actually had control of the law?

Ken, you are detached from reality and your opinion is the minority. You have every right to dislike the drug, and teach your kids the ill effects of it. You can hate it forever, you can even whole heartedly dislike those that use it like PM does.

But when you start supporting the use of harm against people that use it, and start saying things like you would jail them all for life, I promise you I will always rally against you on this.

You can believe anything you want, you can form your identity around your beliefs. Good for you, but I will always believe that wishing harm on people and jailing them for life for a victimless crime that is no worse than booze, is immoral.

Like I've said before, I don't smoke weed, but I will fight to the death to save people that do from the fate that you wish on them.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Don't exclude the fundamentalists and ideologues!
Or the nit-pickers...