Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-11-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Don't tell me it's less harmful either, your lungs are made to breathe air, not complex chemicals, the effects of which don't fully understand.
Grizz
You do know there are otherways to consume it other than by smoking it?
Old 08-11-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Dave View Post
Such a stupid comparison. Would you allow your 3 year old to be around a party of adults drinking heavily? Would you allow your 3 year old to drink it?

It IS possible to be a pot smoker and be responsible with it. Although obviously you can't seem to grasp that.
Just as it's possible to be a responsible drinker.
Yes I would allow my 3 year old to be around people drinking wine at dinner. Their few sips of wine have ZERO effects on the my child. You don't exhale alcohol....

Stupid comparison Dave...

Is one toke = to one sip of wine?

Their is no such thing as responsible drug use, remember that!
Old 08-11-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
To have as strong opinion as I do towards drugs In general, I'm willing to bet that I have much more experience, than the guys who see it as a good time toke around the camp fire or on the boat. My family nor I have never touched any drug in our lives. But I've had to live through a lot of the dark sides of it, in all fascists of it. Don't tell me about being uneducated.....
You've had to live through the 'dark side' of marijuana use? This I need to hear.

Fascists..... Freudian slip or auto-correct

Alcohol is a drug too Potty, or do you not consider it to be such?
Old 08-11-2013, 11:22 AM

Default Uruguay

Is Uruguay that little town just the other side of Maple Ridge
Old 08-11-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudelpointer View Post
You've had to live through the 'dark side' of marijuana use? This I need to hear.

Fascists..... Freudian slip or auto-correct

Alcohol is a drug too Potty, or do you not consider it to be such?
Auto correct...

I've had numerous robbery attempts by knives, numerous break ins, etc, and when caught they've admitted they needed money for kinds of drugs, including dope.

And yes booze is a drug, and I don't drink either!
Old 08-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Banned

pleas rename this thread !,,,,

POT-HEADS vs PIN-HEADS
Old 08-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Banned

Wow. Some of the hatred expressed here is....if nothing else, impressive.

I think even Adolf would find some of the suggestions here to be a little ambitious, but hey, dont let your far left, fascist ideologies hold you back.

You might as well send me under the ice in the Antarctic too, not cause I feel an impulse to burn one down, but because I'd rather be surrounded by those people, than the ones who didn't make the cut.

Backwards
Hatefilled
Close minded

If you support prohibition,

you support organized crime and criminality.

There is no way around it.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:41 AM

Some people can handle their weed, while with others the weed handles them; I think we've all known someone in that category. The same goes for booze though, admittedly. I do resent how the rank smell drifts over my fence from the rental houses across the alley. That frigging landlord can't seem to ever find tenants that don't toke; its probably part of what keeps them tenants instead of owners.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Yes I would allow my 3 year old to be around people drinking wine at dinner. Their few sips of wine have ZERO effects on the my child. You don't exhale alcohol....

Stupid comparison Dave...

Is one toke = to one sip of wine?

That's not the question I asked. Read again......
Would you allow your 3 year old to be around Adults drinking heavily.......Would you bring your 3 year old into a bar on a Friday night? Everything completely legal...the only "drug" consumed is alcohol....obviously it's a perfectly safe vice....so lets bring your children into the mix....

As for responsible "toking"..... A successful, intelligent businessman and family man, might use marijuana at night, after the kids are in bed, while sitting on the patio drinking wine. Or he might had a smoke while out camping. Or he might use it while enjoying a movie in his house with his wife. An ounce of weed might last him a couple of months, used only in these circumstances. See, you've probably never come across someone like this...or more accurately you HAVE, but had NO idea they were in fact pot smokers.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
That's not the question I asked. Read again......
Would you allow your 3 year old to be around Adults drinking heavily.......Would you bring your 3 year old into a bar on a Friday night? Everything completely legal...the only "drug" consumed is alcohol....obviously it's a perfectly safe vice....so lets bring your children into the mix....

As for responsible "toking"..... A successful, intelligent businessman and family man, might use marijuana at night, after the kids are in bed, while sitting on the patio drinking wine. Or he might had a smoke while out camping. Or he might use it while enjoying a movie in his house with his wife. An ounce of weed might last him a couple of months, used only in these circumstances. See, you've probably never come across someone like this...or more accurately you HAVE, but had NO idea they were in fact pot smokers.

Your responsible tower, might be responsible to his family, but what about the family downwind of their, camp fire, patio? There is no such thing as responsible drugs Dave!

Heavily is just a word, that you use to strengthen your position. I've referenced it to the lightest capacity...one sip one toke. Both are drugs Dave, booze only effects the person drinking it ( at that moment) while dope effects everyone in the same vacinity and down wind.

I've come across all walks of life, that use drugs. From homeless people to doctors and judges.. Don't assume .
Old 08-11-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Auto correct...

I've had numerous robbery attempts by knives, numerous break ins, etc, and when caught they've admitted they needed money for kinds of drugs, including dope.

And yes booze is a drug, and I don't drink either!

Great Zeus!

You don't drink it but you make your living from selling it.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Wow. Some of the hatred expressed here is....if nothing else, impressive.

I think even Adolf would find some of the suggestions here to be a little ambitious, but hey, dont let your far left, fascist ideologies hold you back.

You might as well send me under the ice in the Antarctic too, not cause I feel an impulse to burn one down, but because I'd rather be surrounded by those people, than the ones who didn't make the cut.

Backwards
Hatefilled
Close minded

If you support prohibition,

you support organized crime and criminality.

There is no way around it.
Tell me who your friends are, and tell you who you are..... That's what my gramps used to say.

Only users and pushers are to benefit by legalizing it. If you support it, you must be one or the other, right bee?

There's a drug dealer smiling somewhere !
Old 08-11-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Your responsible tower, might be responsible to his family, but what about the family downwind of their, camp fire, patio? There is no such thing as responsible drugs Dave!.
Oh I see....but the tobacco smokers, probably over half of AO members included, the upper echelon of society, are perfect model citizens as they spew their product that kills millions and cost billions every year out their lungs. That second hand smoke is harmless. But a guy that smokes one or two "joints" a week is the irresponsible, lazy, "retard" "Drug addict".

Haha....that logic still kills me every time. I see the parents of 5 kids who both smoke and drink, with their monthly Rx of Zoloft, looking down their nose at me, when I have a few puffs. Model parents of the year, for sure.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:23 PM

If everyone that smoked weed refused to go to work until weed was legalised and controlled like alcohol currently is, weed would be legal in three days.

I vote to tax it.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Again our opinions of success , differ..... You buddy doesn't impress me either....

Perhaps since the poor mans drug has been claimed, we should pounce on the opportunity to claim the rich man drug cocaine...

To have as strong opinion as I do towards drugs In general, I'm willing to bet that I have much more experience, than the guys who see it as a good time toke around the camp fire or on the boat. My family nor I have never touched any drug in our lives. But I've had to live through a lot of the dark sides of it, in all fascists of it. Don't tell me about being uneducated.....

And I don't care if it is a multi billion dollar industry , in the hands of dealers or government it makes no difference to the children on the playground, or the civilians that have to sit beside it, in the public...

Would you allow your 3 year old to be present while your buddy exhaled towards your child? Would you allow your child to smoke it?
With your reasoning and the fact you and family have NEVER touched anything. I find it hard that you are experienced and educated in your responses. If you have lived through the "dark sides" trust me you would have a diffrent perspective. You come off as a type that because the govement says it illegal it's "ILLEGAL". Having this perspective is fine as everyone can have thier own opinion. It's when you start calling people "RETARDS" is where I find it offensive and simple minded. I have worked with special needs people and I am sure I could have a better conversation about the topic with them than you.

And no I would not allow my 6 and 2 year olds to be exposed to weed smoke the same way I wouldn't expose them to cigarette smoke. When the time comes I will educate them on the effects of drugs.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Banned

Good plan, legalize it completely... One less thing to clog up the justice system too.

I smoke tobacco, bad friggin habit I agree. I drink, not to excess for sure. I don't see pot as better or worse than alcohol.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
I don`t want to move to Uruguay.too many U`s in the name.
I can barely spell Canadada.
Its easy:

C, eh? N, eh? D, eh?

Old 08-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yeah cuz smoking a joint is the equivalent to raping women, murdering and robbery.
Great analogy.

I guess once you've been brainwashed, there really is no turning back.
I smoked a joint last night,missed out on all the rape and robbery though.Got stoned and I missed it.Just played guitar.No groupies either. Bummer.
I gotta get better weed.Or learn how to play better.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Banned

Addiction creates an infinite demand on the demand curve.

You can try to alter the supply curve but you will lose out in the long run if you are social changer.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:41 PM

The world's number one addiction..... has to be sugar. Empty calories kill a lot if people every day. In fact it gets in my way sometimes (I. e. 300lbs+ person next to you on bus) Don't think weed has officially killed anybody. Sugar is forced down on our children and ourselves and we let it. The entire food system is ridden with it. I see McDonald's as a bigger problem than weed. And if you combine the two, the outcome could be disastrous.

Let's no get into how horrible most of the prescription drugs are. Funny how people can draw such a hard line in the sand.

Good on Uruguay. Don't think we re far behind.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:53 PM

Damn it, I had a long response all typed out and lost it.

Cliff notes version:

I have witnessed first hand and dealt with the aftermath of hard drugs, alcohol, and even tobacco.

Potty, I would suggest to you that any armed robberies, thefts or assaults you and your family have had to endure have absolutely NOTHING to do with marijuana. Nothing. It is much more likely that those events were related to coke, meth, heroin, alcohol or tobacco, not pot. I don't care what excuses the perpetrators of those crimes have stated.

I see people who say they cannot afford to feed their children healthy food smoking 2 packs a day (2x$11x365 days = ....); I have seen people who have run out of smokes lie, cheat, steal for more; I have witnessed nicotine addicts hit their children and partners when they run out of cigarettes. I have never witnessed anyone do these things when they are out of pot; might possibly happen occasionally, but I have never witnessed it.

Smoking someone's crystal or finishing off their bottle might get you stabbed, but smoking someone's last doobie might get you a stern "Dude... Really?"

I have seen alcohol addicts assault, murder, and rape others when under the influence of this recreational substance. Good times, good times. I have witnessed alcohol detoxification (absolutely f*****g horrifying), and families torn apart by booze. We call this "recreational use".

I have known many individuals (about 2 dozen off the top of my head) who smoke(d) pot every day, all day. A couple of them I may even consider labelling as 'addicts', however, not one of them has ever freaked out and beaten their spouse, or children, because they ran out weed. Not. One.

I have seen people slowly (and some not so slowly) commit suicide through use of cocaine and heroin (another vote for alcohol here). I am well aware of the cycle involved with meth, and the havoc it brings to the lives of users and their families.

Anyone who places marijuana (even the crazy strong stuff they have these days) in the same sentence with coke, meth and heroin is a victim of the US anti-marijuana propaganda machine. No offense to Albertans, but I am constantly amazed by the level of ignorance about drugs shown by many people in this province (please note that by ignorance I am referring to a lack of knowledge, not being derogatory, i.e. calling someone stupid).

Anyone who thinks the health implications of smoking marijuana are comparable to the health risks of smoking cigarettes are buying into the propaganda. Think about it: 2-4 puffs on a joint (even once a day), are comparable to 12-18 puffs on a cigarette 25-40 times each day? Again, THINK about it.

We are all entitled to our opinions, and I can respect intelligent, informed ones; others, not so much.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:54 PM
Gone Fishing

Quote:

You do realize that alcohol is a drug as well?
Old 08-11-2013, 02:58 PM

Talking yes to legaliztion

stop calling pot drugs ,,,most people who don't smoke weed have no clue about it
Old 08-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Gone Fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Some people can handle their weed, while with others the weed handles them
Caber; this is probably the best quote posted to this thread so far! I have been smoking weed since I was 14, I work full time, pay my bills, etc.. Right now, I have a 1/4 ounce of weed left from the ounce I purchased in May of 2012! I am a very casual user and really only have it around for when the spirit moves me.

There are a few in this thread that could really open up their minds and keep their fingers away from the key board until then!
Old 08-11-2013, 03:09 PM

So what is the real "Dark Side" of smoking pot?

I suggest that it is the fact that you may spend years in prison for smoking a joint; that you may lose custody of your children, lose your job, have your rights taken away (freedom to travel, firearms taken away, etc.), be called a "retard" and shunned by a society of hypocrites. Sad.

However, I am not about to vote for Trudeau over the issue! Like I said, I don't smoke anymore! Lol.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backpacker View Post
You do realize that alcohol is a drug as well?
I'm sorry did you just assume I excluded it in my statement.... Thought the blanket statement covered it all, and included it.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Banned

Potty,

Do you sell alcohol and/or alcoholic beverages?
Old 08-11-2013, 03:42 PM

Again, your wrong! When the retards have been caught, there were some that said they need money for a joint. If you can include smokes and booze, there's now way can just jump over dope... You be pretty nieve (sp) to believe they didn't do it for that reason...remember most offenders are repeat offenders, and known by police, who affirm a lot of it.

Now as humans we all have a distaste for certain things. I call drug users, losers, retards, a waste of skin, etc.... That's my opinion. You might think the same of people who speed , gamble , etc....

Sounds like most of your interaction with it, is with softer users. I know people who smoke it like cigs, and have beat their wife's and children.

Harder fines and sentencing for users and pushers, needs to occur to sever the demand side, which is the biggest problem...legalizing it would have the same effect as alcohol ...nothing but more money for the government, while our children are still at risk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudelpointer View Post
Damn it, I had a long response all typed out and lost it.

Cliff notes version:

I have witnessed first hand and dealt with the aftermath of hard drugs, alcohol, and even tobacco.

Potty, I would suggest to you that any armed robberies, thefts or assaults you and your family have had to endure have absolutely NOTHING to do with marijuana. Nothing. It is much more likely that those events were related to coke, meth, heroin, alcohol or tobacco, not pot. I don't care what excuses the perpetrators of those crimes have stated.

I see people who say they cannot afford to feed their children healthy food smoking 2 packs a day (2x$11x365 days = ....); I have seen people who have run out of smokes lie, cheat, steal for more; I have witnessed nicotine addicts hit their children and partners when they run out of cigarettes. I have never witnessed anyone do these things when they are out of pot; might possibly happen occasionally, but I have never witnessed it.

Smoking someone's crystal or finishing off their bottle might get you stabbed, but smoking someone's last doobie might get you a stern "Dude... Really?"

I have seen alcohol addicts assault, murder, and rape others when under the influence of this recreational substance. Good times, good times. I have witnessed alcohol detoxification (absolutely f*****g horrifying), and families torn apart by booze. We call this "recreational use".

I have known many individuals (about 2 dozen off the top of my head) who smoke(d) pot every day, all day. A couple of them I may even consider labelling as 'addicts', however, not one of them has ever freaked out and beaten their spouse, or children, because they ran out weed. Not. One.

I have seen people slowly (and some not so slowly) commit suicide through use of cocaine and heroin (another vote for alcohol here). I am well aware of the cycle involved with meth, and the havoc it brings to the lives of users and their families.

Anyone who places marijuana (even the crazy strong stuff they have these days) in the same sentence with coke, meth and heroin is a victim of the US anti-marijuana propaganda machine. No offense to Albertans, but I am constantly amazed by the level of ignorance about drugs shown by many people in this province (please note that by ignorance I am referring to a lack of knowledge, not being derogatory, i.e. calling someone stupid).

Anyone who thinks the health implications of smoking marijuana are comparable to the health risks of smoking cigarettes are buying into the propaganda. Think about it: 2-4 puffs on a joint (even once a day), are comparable to 12-18 puffs on a cigarette 25-40 times each day? Again, THINK about it.

We are all entitled to our opinions, and I can respect intelligent, informed ones; others, not so much.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:44 PM

I have to ask: am I a loser because I once smoked weed, or am I an acceptable member of society because I don't at this time?

Should I lose my rights as a citizen because I have committed numerous (read thousands) of "illegal acts" as defined by a morally questionable law of prohibition? Or is it okay because I don't smoke it anymore? Or am I despicable for not support the current legal prohibition?

Or, who friggin cares what I did 10-20 years ago, where no victims exist? Seriously though, please explain how there can be a 'crime' when there are no victims? Don't say drug violence as that is a result of prohibition, and don't say "think of the children" because it is a falsehood and a pathetic way of trying to avoid the discussion, as don't say the users are victims because they are making an informed choice, and don't say homeowner or the electric company, because that is simple theft and / or destruction of property AND a direct result of prohibition.

Really, who is the victim? And if there isn't one, then why do feel you have the right to stick your nose where it doesn't belong?
Old 08-11-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I would jail the entire fricken works for life if I could, users, growers, distributors, everyone. New jail under the ice in Antarctica.
That is text book sociopathy right there.

Supporting the use of force against those that have not initiated force against anyone else.

Label, discriminate, persecute, punish. Fascism 101

You geniuses do realize this attitude can and is used against the gun community right?

Attacking civil liberty and personal choice is a double ended spear. Smarten up.

A bag of weed is no more harmful than your gun.

If the weed deserves to be illegal for all users because of some paranoid potential negative effect you can dream up, then guns deserve to be illegal as well.

You either support liberty or you don't. Its quite black and white.

If you support your version of freedoms, but condemn someone else's, I have news for you....

You might be a sociopath.....

Yes, that's correct. If you support the use of force and harm against someone that has hurt nobody, simply because you have thrown a blanket label over something you do not support, that makes you a sociopath.

A gun owner that cries for his rights to own his gun, yet lacks empathy and calls for all those that smoke weed (no matter what) to be locked in a cage in ice (and shot and killed if they resist I assume?) Is suffering from sociopathy and is in fact quite dangerous.

Some of your moral compasses need a major overhaul.

This entire thread is frankly embarrassing.

Gun ownership
drug use
alcohol use
property ownership
body ownership (gay rights, abortion etc.)

It all falls under liberty and personal freedom. If nobody is hurting you, you have no right to tell them how to live and what they can do.

Some of you want to complain about health care? Go complain to the state about how they steal taxes from you to pay for it. Private health industry doesn't care if people smoke weed....

As a disclaimer, I don't smoke weed. In fact I am your average white, straight male, who happens to own guns and enjoys a good scotch.

Some people that are different than me seem pretty odd at times but you can bet your ass I will go whole hog in defending their rights to do whatever they want as long as they harm no one. In return, I hope they would help me one day when the state decides my guns must be taken away.

If all of you can't figure out how civil liberties are taken away and how we all must defend each other in all walks of life, you do not deserve any freedoms.