Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-12-2013, 10:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
They should...because according to crime stats...we are winning THAT war.

Pot is a natural product that God Himself created.
He invited man to partake of his bounty.
The war on pot is a war against Gods will.
Used judiciously and with moderation and appropriatley cocaine and opiates also have their place in our society....as perscription medications.
The key words being moderation amd medicinally.

I do not support full legalization of pot.
I do however support decriminalization and appropriate availability for consumption by those looking for an alternative to other medicines and alcohol.
I also support the regulated medicinal use of cocaine and heroin when appropriate.

Last time I crawled under a bridge I encountered a grumpy old amphibian and have not returned since.
Creationist spin? Created by God but you don't support legalization? Interesting...
Old 08-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Creationist spin? Created by God but you don't support legalization? Interesting...
There is a difference between full legalization and decriminalization....which I do support.
Full legalization would open it up for use by minors and excess.
Decriminalization would allow for some common sense control and prevent people who might overstep a bit... from being saddled with a criminal record.
Much the same way that alcohol is managed.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:12 AM

I am curious if those that have an issue with pot have that issue because of the simple fact that it is illegal or because of personal experience either with personal consumption or a side effects of someone else's actions while under the influence?
Old 08-12-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootScoot View Post
People really miss the point on this topic: It's not about whether or not you agree or disagree with legalization; it's about having the right, as an individual, to freely choose what does or what doesn't go into your own body. If you don't own your own body then who does? Logically there are only three options:

Option #1: You are the sole proprietor of your own physical body. You are able to choose as an individual what goes into it and what doesn't.

Option #2: You and the government have joint ownership of your body. You cannot make decisions as to what you put into your body but must have permission from the joint owner (the current state of affairs).

Option #3: The government has full ownership of your body. You have no choice as to what you can do with your body.

I prefer option #1 but it seems like a whole lot of people on here support option #2, which I find pretty scary.

P.S. I don't smoke weed.

Without looking into the reasons why Uraguay legalized pot, I'd put my bet on the intent to take away control of this product from the un-licenced drug cartels.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:54 AM

Default Big Pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Wow. Some of the hatred expressed here is....if nothing else, impressive.

I think even Adolf would find some of the suggestions here to be a little ambitious, but hey, dont let your far left, fascist ideologies hold you back.

You might as well send me under the ice in the Antarctic too, not cause I feel an impulse to burn one down, but because I'd rather be surrounded by those people, than the ones who didn't make the cut.

Backwards
Hatefilled
Close minded

If you support prohibition,

you support organized crime and criminality.

There is no way around it.

You forgot to include big Pharma on your list.

I am officially nuetral on this one. Both sides of the argument have valid and legitimate points. (most of which have not been articulated in this discussion) The one thing that is starting to shift me to the pro legalize side is that the status quo isnt working.

I studied the murder rate during prohibition in the USA and man it skyrockketed during that time period. If we could decrease the murder rate by say 10-15% by legalizing it and getting it out of the hands of organized crime then I would be in favor of legalization. The problem is there is no way to tell what impact it would have until it was legalized and that could be a pandoroa's box we couldnt close.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Tell me who your friends are, and tell you who you are..... That's what my gramps used to say.

Only users and pushers are to benefit by legalizing it. If you support it, you must be one or the other, right bee?

There's a drug dealer smiling somewhere !
potty, every thread you add your two bits too just blows me away. you continually...on every single topic...show how uneducated you are.

First off do you have any idea what "pusher" is? do you have any idea what the illegal drug trade encompasses? do you understand its illegal black market trade because its...wait for it...not legal?

the fact you state that alcohol use only affects those doing it is beyond comprehension to me. that is the most blatantly ignorant comment ive ever read. You honestly have no idea what youre talking about pal. Every thread you chime in on is nothing but a high horse judgement session on your behalf. get off your horse and go back to thumping your bible bud. Its sad.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:24 PM

Default Funny

I found it funny that the CNN doctor came out in favor of Pot. Is it a co- incidence that advertising revenue at CNN is down significantly? Who was the largest advertiser at CNN? You guessed it BIG PHARMA! They pull there money and suddenly the network shifts its position on pot, do you think that just happened by chance.

The old saying goes, follow the money, and I think this ^^^^^^ is a prime example of that.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:29 PM

The Liberal site has a petition to legalize it. In case anyone is interested in Canada being the second country to legalize
http://petition.liberal.ca/end-prohi...juana-petition
Old 08-12-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryley View Post
potty, every thread you add your two bits too just blows me away. you continually...on every single topic...show how uneducated you are.

First off do you have any idea what "pusher" is? do you have any idea what the illegal drug trade encompasses? do you understand its illegal black market trade because its...wait for it...not legal?

the fact you state that alcohol use only affects those doing it is beyond comprehension to me. that is the most blatantly ignorant comment ive ever read. You honestly have no idea what youre talking about pal. Every thread you chime in on is nothing but a high horse judgement session on your behalf. get off your horse and go back to thumping your bible bud. Its sad.
Obviously you lack comprehension. ..as usual. Have someone read it to you more carefully. Like I give a rats behind what you think. Those are my thoughts and how I feel about retards who use drugs...sorry to hurt your feelings.

Stop abscessing over me and my posts.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Obviously you lack comprehension. ..as usual. Have someone read it to you more carefully. Like I give a rats behind what you think. Those are my thoughts and how I feel about retards who use drugs...sorry to hurt your feelings.

The word you're looking for is obsessing.
It's hilarious to hear you refer to probably 99% of all AO members as "retards".
Old 08-12-2013, 12:53 PM

Default I Found this interesting

Here is a link on prohibition i found interesting. I think the same concepts might apply to the pot debate. I share this persons worldview but i have never looked at the problems of drugs and such in this fashion. It was quite refreshing.

http://www.allthingsexpounded.com/20...violent-crime/
Old 08-12-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Dave View Post
The word you're looking for is obsessing.
It's hilarious to hear you refer to probably 99% of all AO members as "retards".
Auto correct..

And I highly doubt99% of ao guys are illegal drug users...
Old 08-12-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Auto correct..

X2.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by north american hunter View Post
X2.
Umm not users,but have tried . If polls are to believed.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:40 PM

I have NEVER touched any sort of illegal drugs in my life
Old 08-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by north american hunter View Post
I have NEVER touched any sort of illegal drugs in my life
Not implying you have , this does however place you in the minority.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:49 PM

Default info on smoking pot and driving

One of the things that influences my opinions about legalizing or decriminalizing pot is the ability of law enforcement to test drivers for being under the influence. Is there any way to safely test for pot impairment?

Secondly is being under the influence of pot an actual impairment to driving? I know when you drink alcohol your motor function is impaired. Does the same happen with pot usage?
Old 08-12-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Where did I diferentiate between "legal" or "illegal"? What did you say about "Comprehension" again? It was YOU who blanketed everyone into one group. Besides, in the 1920's it would all have been "illegal".

Nice back pedaling, btw....lets re-cap your stance again:
Quote:
There is no such thing as responsible drugs Dave!
Quote:
Originally Posted by backpacker View Post
You do realize that alcohol is a drug as well?
Quote:
I'm sorry did you just assume I excluded it in my statement.... Thought the blanket statement covered it all, and included it.
Quote:
Like I give a rats behind what you think. Those are my thoughts and how I feel about retards who use drugs
Your self-righteous arrogance towards anyone "less than you" clearly shines through your every post.
Just wondering what your criteria for a "retard" is? Is it someone who uses a "drug"? Or is it someone who uses something that is illegal? Either way....Jryley expressed it best.

Last edited by Clgy_Dave2.0; 08-12-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:12 PM

Look at my first post....its about dope smoking...those are the retards....no back peddling there dave. The blanket statement refers to to resposible drug use, and there I incompass all drugs...as far as retards go, its all illegal drug users. Hope that clears up your comprehension. ..on what I said.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:

You should really consider knowing something about a subject before drawing conclusions about it.

Try reading up on the history of prohibition and then imagine that as applied to pot rather than alcohol.
Booze built the mob and lifting prohibition just about broke it....but...havig already help villify pot...they had something else to keep gthem in bussiness.
Alongside that you should read the history of how and why pot was outlawed in Canada and the US.

If you wish to continue to support organized crime by catering to the scheme cooked up by them and their crooked politicians....that's fine.
But you should probably know that is what you are doing while those in favour of decriminalization are in fact engaged in an effort that is counter to the interests of organized crime.

And quite litterally every established historical fact or example of prohibition and its causes and effects...proves that.

Give it a shot.
Unless of course your ideology is more important to you than facts and truth.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:22 PM

Default Guys Guys guys

Can we please stop with the personal attacks and the name calling. This could be a very interesting discussion if we used a little respect when commenting. Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean they have limited intellectual capacity. Smart people can agree to disagree, lets try a present our idea's without the assumtion that those with a different opinion are somehow less worthy as human beings.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Look at my first post....its about dope smoking...those are the retards....no back peddling there dave. The blanket statement refers to to resposible drug use, and there I incompass all drugs...as far as retards go, its all illegal drug users. Hope that clears up your comprehension. ..on what I said.
Ohhhhh. It's all so clear now.

So Uruguayans aren't retards, but North Americans ARE?
And when marijuana becomes legal here, will I no longer be a retard?
And oh, my condolences that your grandfather (1920's era?) was more than likely a retard.

How about we make this easy for all to understand..."everyone Who is NOT like pottymouth is a retard". Does that pretty much sum it up?
Old 08-12-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Again, your wrong! When the retards have been caught, there were some that said they need money for a joint. If you can include smokes and booze, there's now way can just jump over dope... You be pretty nieve (sp) to believe they didn't do it for that reason...remember most offenders are repeat offenders, and known by police, who affirm a lot of it.

Now as humans we all have a distaste for certain things. I call drug users, losers, retards, a waste of skin, etc.... That's my opinion. You might think the same of people who speed , gamble , etc....

Sounds like most of your interaction with it, is with softer users. I know people who smoke it like cigs, and have beat their wife's and children.

Harder fines and sentencing for users and pushers, needs to occur to sever the demand side, which is the biggest problem...legalizing it would have the same effect as alcohol ...nothing but more money for the government, while our children are still at risk
I resent your attitude towards pot to the extreme....so are you calling my older brother whom was bed ridden in hospital for months on end due to an pancreas infection that nearly took his life a retard? ARE YOU? After about 2-1/2 years of him taking prescription pain killers and sleeping pills to coupe with the pain, his health began to deteriorate until I convinced him to try out some "pot" so he could sleep without taking a handful of sleeping pills and pain killers his doctor prescribed to him. You know what the result was Potty? He actually has color to his face, can actually sleep through the night, eat a meal and not suffer with extreme pain and has not touched an ADDICTIVE sleeping and pain killer pill for 6 months. This is a guy whom had the same brainwashed mental attitude as you hold. The government says its illegal and you are gonna go to hell because you smoke pot. Get a grip man and maybe instead of calling people a retard or a waste of skin, get your facts straight. You are one brainwashed person. I was not going to mention anything on this thread but I basically saved my brother's life with getting him to puff a joint rather than take highly addictive medication that did nothing for his health or healing process for almost 3 years that was prescribed to him by his doctor. You are just so clueless it angers me. People that steal, do armed robberies do it for the addiction of coke, meth, crack, heroin and alcohol, ask any cop their point of view on it...heck I bet a third of the force smokes pot too...So Mr. Potty Mouth and Grizz Adams choose your words carefully and actually do some research about a perfectly NATURAL plant that grew on this earth probably before the existence of man. Guys like you see through blinders and really need to see the 360 degree view of things for a change. To me alcohol and prescription drugs are far more dangerous than anything...prescription drugs and alcohol is like the oil industry, a huge money making industry which kill so many people a year, far more than pot does...so prove me wrong gentlemen...have a nice day.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
Can we please stop with the personal attacks and the name calling. This could be a very interesting discussion if we used a little respect when commenting. Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean they have limited intellectual capacity. Smart people can agree to disagree, lets try a present our idea's without the assumtion that those with a different opinion are somehow less worthy as human beings.
That's what I've always found rather ironic. Whenever anti-pot ppl and pro-pot ppl argue, it's always the tobacco smokers and alcohol users that call potheads "retard, drug addict, loser, thief.."
Most pot smokers are of the attitude; "you don't smoke pot, eh? That's cool. But you smoke a product that kills millions every year. And you use a product that costs billions in medical costs, broken homes, hundreds of thousands fatal auto accidents...huh. That's cool too. I guess"
Seems to me the name calling is a one way street.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Banned

Quote:

Yup...no doubt about it... every pot user instantly became a retard one day in 1923 because the Minister of Health read a work of fiction witten by a person using a pen name...who had absolutley no legitimate experience or understanding of the drug.

Oh...and it was done without debate in parliament as required.

Hows that for democracy in action?

Don't worry...we all know who the retards are....they are handicapped by the same inability to reason and think and the same resistance to the truth no matter how well presented it is.

It occurs to me that the only addictive property of pot might be that those most opposed are addicted to not admitting that maybe...just maybe...they might be wrong.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
That's what I've always found rather ironic. Whenever anti-pot ppl and pro-pot ppl argue, it's always the tobacco smokers and alcohol users that call potheads "retard, drug addict, loser, thief.."
Most pot smokers are of the attitude; "you don't smoke pot, eh? That's cool. But you smoke a product that kills millions every year. And you use a product that costs billions in medical costs, broken homes, hundreds of thousands fatal auto accidents...huh. That's cool too. I guess"
Seems to me the name calling is a one way street.
Seems that way..because it is that way.

Its an ubber conservative trait.
If you aren't like me you must be an idiot.

They said the same thing about women voting, equal rights, long hair and girls in pants.

Its not the issue itself that worries em so much...its change.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Ohhhhh. It's all so clear now.

So Uruguayans aren't retards, but North Americans ARE?
And when marijuana becomes legal here, will I no longer be a retard?
And oh, my condolences that your grandfather (1920's era?) was more than likely a retard.

How about we make this easy for all to understand..."everyone Who is NOT like pottymouth is a retard". Does that pretty much sum it up?
Guaranteed my grandfather didn't. And its not everyone like me.its anyone that does illegal drugs...does that some it up!!! How many ways can I make it more clear? We all make choices and we all don't have to agree.I choose a clean lifestyle:-)

Dave your grasping at straws...its my opinion , your not gonna change it. I have the right to believe what I want and associate with those who have the same values.

Matt sorry to hear about your bro.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Guaranteed my grandfather didn't. And its not everyone like me.its anyone that does illegal drugs...does that some it up!!! How many ways can I make it more clear? We all make choices and we all don't have to agree.I choose a clean lifestyle:-)

Dave your grasping at straws...its my opinion , your not gonna change it. I have the right to believe what I want and associate with those who have the same values.

Matt sorry to hear about your bro.
Thank you PM, he is definitely in the best health I have seen since his surgery and stopped using stupid doctor's pills. My point is this...why knock something that has many benefits to it just because says its an illegal drug? Makes no sense whatsoever. These ideas were brought onto us by the old school gov't that had done little to no research whatsoever on pot. Even my brother's doctor said "If its working better for you than the pills then carry on as your health definitely improved" I just think that many people got such a closed view on a natural item it makes no sense whatsoever. Personally I see more harm created by alcohol (which is legal) with its vicious cycle of violence, drunk driving deaths, careless stupidity created by a drunk person etc as compared to one who has smoked a joint...its like night and day. I have to agree with BDB about decriminalizing it, it ties up our justice system way too much where that time, efforts and expenses could be put forth in trying to hamper the downward spiral of meth, coc, crack, heroin and alcohol abusing situations. Throughout my years I have witnessed far more tragic things that resulted from alcohol, coc, meth and crack abuse than that of pot usage from various close friends that are now 6 feet under. That is were the real problem lies in my opinion. I have yet to see anyone get harmed or die from pot usage. And for the record I do respect your choice of a clean lifestyle as that is ideal, nothing in my opinion beats being sober and clear headed.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
One of the things that influences my opinions about legalizing or decriminalizing pot is the ability of law enforcement to test drivers for being under the influence. Is there any way to safely test for pot impairment?

Secondly is being under the influence of pot an actual impairment to driving? I know when you drink alcohol your motor function is impaired. Does the same happen with pot usage?
That is the rub.

And its a major impediment to decriminalization.
The lack of an effective means of measuring actual impairment is a hurdle that must be overcome.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
That is the rub.

And its a major impediment to decriminalization.
The lack of an effective means of measuring actual impairment is a hurdle that must be overcome.
Given the enormous # of people that consume the devils erb, if it was a significant problem wrt impaired driving, we would be well aware.