Wow, I am still on the edge about this.
People accusing that the LGR was used to seize firearms,
Windows and doors smashed in to gain access,
hidden firearms found and seized, locked up firearms left alone and or seized,
non firearm owners doors kicked in,
boot prints through out houses,
no flooded houses kicked in doors,
Calgary houses left un touched,
gas turned off or gas left on, depending on the house.

The list goes on.
As for the RCMP high fiving each other and betting on how many tries it takes to kick in a door, well, try kicking in a door. It is not an easy task let alone doing multiple breeches. They had to keep their own spirits up while doing the job.

What I am seeing here is a Witch Hunt. If done properly will turn out for the better of all people involved. if done wrong can cause even longer ill effects for the country.

for those directly involved they can state their case and wait for the results. as for the rest of us, we need to wait until the cases have stated and the verdict is in.
At that point we can Take the FACTS and come to a educated conclusion as to what really happened.

Right now the rumors are causing more issues then the facts.

I think personally if your not directly involved you should keep your opinions and storys to yourself, and not state them as facts.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:59 PM

Ok now to chime in again....

Blaming a broken chain of command? Don't think so, people rise in the RCMP ranks by FOLLOWING commands not breaking them.

HR gets own police force... you would end up with the dregs that don't get past RCMP recruiters....

I have a very low opinion of many LEO's because I have seen abuse of authority. Fortunately we do have some people that stand up to them properly through legal means available. The worst i look at is when you have a huge call for members then often situations like this you have all sorts of rookies and this gets used as a training exercise to show rookies how to tdo their job. Probably not so good in this situation.

I heard lots of what was going on behind the scenes and because of certain legal actions which will be proceeding not much could be said. But i think a lot more is going to come to light how houses were targeted...

Anybody have any idea how many grow-ops were busted?
Old 09-06-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post

for those directly involved they can state their case and wait for the results. as for the rest of us, we need to wait until the cases have stated and the verdict is in.
At that point we can Take the FACTS and come to a educated conclusion as to what really happened.

I think personally if your not directly involved you should keep your opinions and stories to yourself, and not state them as facts.
Very well said.

And don't for one minute there are not some politicians eager to capitalize on opinions disguised as facts in order to get some air time too.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekred View Post
Ok now to chime in again....

Blaming a broken chain of command? Don't think so, people rise in the RCMP ranks by FOLLOWING commands not breaking them.

HR gets own police force... you would end up with the dregs that don't get past RCMP recruiters....

I have a very low opinion of many LEO's because I have seen abuse of authority. Fortunately we do have some people that stand up to them properly through legal means available. The worst i look at is when you have a huge call for members then often situations like this you have all sorts of rookies and this gets used as a training exercise to show rookies how to tdo their job. Probably not so good in this situation.

I heard lots of what was going on behind the scenes and because of certain legal actions which will be proceeding not much could be said. But i think a lot more is going to come to light how houses were targeted...

Anybody have any idea how many grow-ops were busted?
When a police force acts on it's own it's a broken chain of command, they forget who the boss is.

Thomas Sowell
Old 09-06-2013, 03:36 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

WOW still at er eh We need to put this drama on NetFlix
Old 09-06-2013, 03:51 PM

It would be stunning to see a compilation all of the complaints and reports.

A few more people have publically claimed that legally stored firearms were seized.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/09...residents-say/

"Don and Jane White, High River residents who attended Thursday’s meeting carrying a photocopy of a police notepad that, they believe, proves RCMP targeted the homes of the legal gun owners during their searches. Mr. White said the police gave them a copy of the notes when they asked what happened to their home and weapons.

On June 24, the officer got on a boat, went to Mr. White’s then-underwater residence in the Hampton Hills neighbourhood, and found 11 of his trigger-locked long guns on an upstairs floor.

“At 1900 they arrived at my house. Why did they go directly to my house? Then it says the doors were locked. The windows were locked, but they unlocked them, they smashed them down. They busted the door,” Mr. White said, reading from the notes.

Within 50 minutes, the pad shows, the officer had collected all of his long guns, recorded their serial numbers and took them to a downtown depot.

“So they didn’t find them randomly. They weren’t out searching for people. They went straight into that house, took the guns and took them back to the depot and secured them.”

"Sharon Garlock said RCMP also seized her husband’s guns when they searched her home; two were lawfully trigger locked and left on stairs. Another pair were hidden in her closet behind clothes and a guitar."
Old 09-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Gone Hunting

C'mon folks. If you haven't ggot anything to hide , there's no reason to fear the police. They are here to serve and protect.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 09-06-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
C'mon folks. If you haven't ggot anything to hide , there's no reason to fear the police. They are here to serve and protect.
Right! And firearms are something you need to hide (apparently).

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:30 PM

Why would they unlock the door, smash the door and then smash the window to gain access.
Brings up more questions. Are the notes in question accurate or are the m is of a few notes?

I do know that the local RCMP do no have any access to any firearms registry other that of the restricted/ prohibited one. The info from the LGR has been removed from their records.

They do have access to who has a Firearms licence.

Maybe there is more to the story then we all know. Or maybe it
Is straight cut.

Maybe one of our resident Police Officers on here can comment on their access to firearms info They can attain From their work stations.

One can put in a freedom of information act request and find out for themselves.

Last edited by ctd; 09-06-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Wow, I am still on the edge about this.
People accusing that the LGR was used to seize firearms,
Windows and doors smashed in to gain access,
hidden firearms found and seized, locked up firearms left alone and or seized,
non firearm owners doors kicked in,
boot prints through out houses,
no flooded houses kicked in doors,
Calgary houses left un touched,
gas turned off or gas left on, depending on the house.

The list goes on.
As for the RCMP high fiving each other and betting on how many tries it takes to kick in a door, well, try kicking in a door. It is not an easy task let alone doing multiple breeches. They had to keep their own spirits up while doing the job.

What I am seeing here is a Witch Hunt. If done properly will turn out for the better of all people involved. if done wrong can cause even longer ill effects for the country.

I think personally if your not directly involved you should keep your opinions and storys to yourself, and not state them as facts.
Who's facts are you talking about, you sound like you are confident that the RCMP/PC Govt will release the truth about what happened. A lot of people in this province, including many members on here and myself are not confident that what has been released by the RCMP so far is the truth. This is the reason for the inquiry IMO, and I will continue to state my opinion whenever I feel the need.

I do not know if the RCMP has a data base of firearm owners, and accessed it to seize the guns in High River, but if they did, do you really believe that they will admit to it?

Suggesting that responsible firearm owners in this province should not be expressing their opinion on the High River situation, just because they are not directly involved is irresponsible IMO.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:48 PM

My point is that some people are stating their opinion and or hearsay as facts. When we do not know what all the facts are.
It is funny how rumours and such become facts if enough people say so.

Fact RCMP were in High River during the floods.
Fact they searched houses.
Fact they collected firearms.
Fact they help rescue a few people.
Fact houses were flooded.
Fact the Military was in High River.
Fact people were evacuated
Fact state of emergency was declared.

Hearsay all gun owners were targeted using the gun registry,
Hearsay All houses that were entered were done so in malice
Hearsay all firearms seized were stored safe and securely.
Hearsay locks were cut to remove firearms.
Hearsay all police officers involved are crimals.

Fact the RCMP member who released the original press statement did not do so properly.
Fact Goverment officials are now trying to win the next election over this.

Fact we will all walk as sheeple as many on here elude to and vote based on emotions not facts.
Fact we will never get to the actual truth as to what happend because they are worried about public opinion and what happens if the search and seizure was innocent and their findings find that.

People want blood so to speak over this, lets hope instead we get the truth.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Here's some heresay for you. July, Montreal, standoff - remember that one? The police admitted they consulted the LGR - the data they weren't supposed to have access to.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
My point is that some people are stating their opinion and or hearsay as facts. When we do not know what all the facts are.

Who said that?
Old 09-06-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
You guys are so ignorant it's not even funny..

No one in their right mind would stay. Your family would receive threats left right and center, no matter if he is guilty or not. Why should his name/reputation be dragged through the mud if it wasn't his decision.

If the Officer in question truly did his job correctly and with due diligence, why move? If this was righteous but unpopular there would be no need for a transfer.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:43 PM

Not that this fire needs more fuel, but a couple more disturbing accounts coming into play including collector items damaged, and some very good points brought out in this video...

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/f.../2654481659001

Last edited by finsnfeathers; 09-06-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
Guess you didn't get the sarcasm...
Oh, I got it.

I just didn't fall for it.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:14 AM

I never thought much about it or even read this thread until the last town hall meeting where people stated exactly what the RCMP did to their property. With that the RCMP have lost all the respect I had for them. Maybe some are correct and it's time for a new police force in Alberta.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Banned

Quote:

Fact RCMP were in High River during the floods.
Fact they searched houses.
Fact they collected firearms.
Fact they help rescue a few people.
Fact houses were flooded.
Fact the Military was in High River.
Fact people were evacuated
Fact state of emergency was declared.

Fact the RCMP member who released the original press statement did not do so properly.
Fact Goverment officials are now trying to win the next election over this.

Fact we will all walk as sheeple as many on here elude to and vote based on emotions not facts.
Fact we will never get to the actual truth as to what happend because they are worried about public opinion and what happens if the search and seizure was innocent and their findings find that.

I don't really think the majority of people want blood, what they want is the truth. The reason for the doubt, is that there are so many conflicting stories, a lot of them generated by the RCMP/Govt. themselves.

When it appears that the RCMP did something wrong/illegal, either on their own or directed to by our elected officials (PC Govt) and they appear to be in coverup mode, it makes people very nervous. The longer this goes on and the more the PC Govt. attempt to hide facts, the more nervous people get.

If the PC Govt. would have stated way back that while the RCMP were checking houses for people, that we decided have them collect firearms at the same time was a mistake, it probably would have ended there. A politician or two would have got their fingers slapped and maybe an officer or two, but THEY TOLD THE TRUTH, and people will accept a mistake, they will not accept a LIE.

What the PC Govt has done by neglecting to give a straight answer, is alienate a large portion of the population against the RCMP. The PC Govt. should have accepted responsibility for all actions that were conducted by the RCMP, (if they were only following "orders"), instead they have thrown them under the bus, this is a cowardice act, but very typical of the Redford government. I am not so naïve as to think that all RCMP officers are saints and they have had some questionable scenarios lately.......but in a situation like this, history has proven that someone much higher than the "boots on the ground" crew is responsible for deciding what action is to be taken.

The Redford govt's cowardice acts have left the RCMP hanging, stripping all or most of them of the respect of many Albertan's, which the majority of them did not deserve. The Redford Govt. actions have now instilled a fear and dis-respect for the RCMP, which many Albertan's will never regain, regardless of the outcome from the inquiry. This is what happens when you choose to perpetuate a lie, rather than just telling the truth to begin with. The really sad part is that habitual lying has become the norm for the Redford Govt., remember that at election time. IMO, the Redford govt, will go down as the most corrupt, dis-honest govt. in Alberta's history.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:34 AM

After watching the video where one High River resident stated that the only two houses on his street, that were not damaged or broken into, were the homes of RCMP officers, I can't help but wonder how rest of those people living on that street feel about the RCMP, and even about the individual officers.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
WOW still at er eh We need to put this drama on NetFlix
If you don't have anything to contribute feel free to ignore the thread
Old 09-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
After watching the video where one High River resident stated that the only two houses on his street, that were not damaged or broken into, were the homes of RCMP officers, I can't help but wonder how rest of those people living on that street feel about the RCMP, and even about the individual officers.
It might have been interesting to see what were in those two untouched houses.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:33 AM

The RCMP claim that they acted alone and took no direction from civilian authorities.....which is to me a bit alarming
Old 09-07-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
The RCMP claim that they acted alone and took no direction from civilian authorities.....which is to me a bit alarming
Does anybody know if anybody or any group is organizing litigation over this issue? The emergency management act and the RCMP actions need to go before the Supreme Court. RCMP investigating themselves is a joke.

I would be willing to put my money where my mouth is, just don't know who to make the cheque out to.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
That is alarming, and pretty scary. This could very well be true, but I have a really hard time believing that with a catastrophe of this magnitude that there was no direction (right or wrong) given by the Government
Old 09-07-2013, 12:31 PM

I would like to add to this thread the fact that all of the High River stationed RCMP members were also kicked out of town. The RCMP that were here during this time were all brought in from other towns.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante View Post
I would like to add to this thread the fact that all of the High River stationed RCMP members were also kicked out of town. The RCMP that were here during this time were all brought in from other towns.
And yet...they somehow knew not to break and enter the homes of local RCMP.
Almost like they knew how to contact owners or something.... if they wanted in.
Hmmm....
Old 09-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Banned

SO,at the end of the day,do any of us think things will change?This sh1tstorm too shall pass with no resolution.
It`s good that they know how mad everyone is and hopefully they will act with more discretion next time but really........gonna be same ****,different day next time.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante View Post
Interesting, wonder who would have the authority to do that, RCMP brass or govt?
Old 09-07-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
If they acted alone, then they can't claim that they were acting under the powers of the Emergency Management Act; only the "local authority" can "authorize the entry into any building or on any land, without warrant, by any person in the course of implementing an emergency plan or program".

Most interesting (as well as alarming).

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
Interesting, wonder who would have the authority to do that, RCMP brass or govt?
Anyway you look at it Rouge police involved in a Rogue operation, under a Rogue R.C.M. P. command.

The buck stops at Harper.

And I voted for him. Yuk