Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by expmler View Post
My mistake.

I know you can have a firearm readily available if you a farmer to protect your livestock but not self defense.

In the city I think it is a different story. I would bet if a child got a hold of the shotgun and injured someone or himself you would be charged with unsafe storage.
Illegal or not, I retain the right to defend myself and my familie,..better be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:24 PM

I simply dont get that I can shoot a 50 bmg in my back yard If i choose but become a criminal if I shoot a .22 handgun in the same place. I don't want to carry a handgun in fear of my life but don't see the sense of restricting it in places that allow far more powerful guns to be fired. For the record I don't own either.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Banned

Cool

See that is the nut shell. in your own home you can defend with the force you see fit. to then be held by a jury of you peers and have your actions judged. Great . You are defending yours the "castle" the law is specific you can kill if that force is belived by you to be required..
Out in the world there is always another avenue drive away , walk away , call attention to the situation the list of possibilities is as endless as the "worst case scenarios" put forward by our some what unempowerd types.the law is very clear ,never point a gun at another human ..this in its self is a charge if I am not mistaken .
If we look to the civilised world, Canada and the UK if our unempowerd suggestions were correct the unarmed masses would be the fodder of crime murder rape robbery would be rife in the street .... is this the case?... no quite the opposite in fact Canada and the UK contain aprox 100million souls annually betwwen the two we find aprox 2000 homicides.roughly .
Now we look south to our" Free" neighbor where as we speak open carry, concealed carry cornershop firearm stores exist ... do we find a reduced overall crime ?... not even close the opposite is infact true ..crime is rife no one cares that your packing a .44 cause he has two .45 or bring three mates with 9's and lots of ammo. To the point where the criminal is empowered to rob banks in broad daylight armed as a three man infantry unit . Not made up fact. So every point I cant defend my self and mine, untrue the law is very clear. the one nation that follows what is holographiclly displayed as freedom. One can suggest an armed citezenship is armed against the rest of the citezens. Gladly we live in the civilised world where a mans home is his castle and public places are to the 1% safe.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bison View Post
Illegal or not, I retain the right to defend myself and my familie,..better be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Preachin' to the choir, man.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
See that is the nut shell. in your own home you can defend with the force you see fit. to then be held by a jury of you peers and have your actions judged. Great . You are defending yours the "castle" the law is specific you can kill if that force is belived by you to be required..
Out in the world there is always another avenue drive away , walk away , call attention to the situation the list of possibilities is as endless as the "worst case scenarios" put forward by our some what unempowerd types.the law is very clear ,never point a gun at another human ..this in its self is a charge if I am not mistaken .
Rubbish. http://www.wesh.com/news/central-flo...e-say/24584800 Guess she should have walked away, or called attention.

Being outside of your home does not negate yourself to justifiably defending yourself.

Last edited by rugatika; 04-08-2014 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:36 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Rubbish. http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...raped-in-alley Guess she should have walked away, or blew her rape whistle.
In the land of the free how could they know she wasn't packing heat . My heart goes out to the poor lass a sad sad outcome . Ambush is an ambush It also happened to the US Pacific fleet how many guns ya figure they had .
Old 04-08-2014, 07:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
In the land of the free how could they know she wasn't packing heat . My heart goes out to the poor lass a sad sad outcome . Ambush is an ambush It also happened to the US Pacific fleet how many guns ya figure they had .
If I recall, USA won that war...using guns I believe. Or did they walk away or call attention?? Oh no, that was the Brits wasn't it? Good ole Neville.

It's one thing to say your heart goes out to her, why wouldn't you want her to be able to defend herself?
Old 04-08-2014, 07:47 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
If I recall, USA won that war...using guns I believe. Or did they walk away or call attention?? Oh no, that was the Brits wasn't it? Good ole Neville.
Wait a min we're discusding a specific case of ambush I used an example of a heavily armed force being devistated in similar circumstances. How exactly did the us defend the east coast .... oh right they couldn't we did
Unfortunatly the lady mentioned had none of many various protection systems avalible to civilized folk .
Old 04-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Wait a min we're discusding a specific case of ambush I used an example of a heavily armed force being devistated in similar circumstances. How exactly did the us defend the east coast .... oh right they couldn't we did
Unfortunatly the lady mentioned had none of many various protection systems avalible to civilized folk .

Lord help me...but I have to ask...what protection systems was this "uncivilized" woman lacking that "civilized folk" have?
Old 04-08-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
....the UK if our unempowerd suggestions were correct the unarmed masses would be the fodder of crime murder rape robbery would be rife in the street .... is this the case?... no quite the opposite in fact Canada and the UK contain aprox 100million souls annually betwwen the two we find aprox 2000 homicides.roughly .
Now we look south to our" Free" neighbor where as we speak open carry, concealed carry cornershop firearm stores exist ... do we find a reduced overall crime ?... not even close the opposite is infact true ..crime is rife no one cares that your packing a .44 cause he has two .45 or bring three mates with 9's and lots of ammo. To the point where the criminal is empowered to rob banks in broad daylight armed as a three man infantry unit . Not made up fact. So every point I cant defend my self and mine, untrue the law is very clear. the one nation that follows what is holographiclly displayed as freedom. One can suggest an armed citezenship is armed against the rest of the citezens. Gladly we live in the civilised world where a mans home is his castle and public places are to the 1% safe.
No.

How did that work out for the guy who was being firebombed? The royal Gestapo charged him first, and dragged him through crap for years. Your faith in the rule of law is typical of the uk. And naive, to believe law would matter if you were the victim.

law is secondary to survival.

Armed against those who would do me harm, and against oppression. My security and that of my family is my right and responsibility, judges or kings will not tell me differently. Defense is just that, it requires aggression to be put into action. No aggression, no defense. So if we are safe as you believe, there is no harm done by an individual with a firearm. Just a serious deterrent to anyone who considers changing that safety.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Years ago, a son and his step son arrived at our house about 3:00AM after completing a job at a site in the area. They came in the house and bedded down in the ground level walk-out. My wife heard the movement and I was on them quickly with the baseball bat from under my bed. I recall standing with the bat raised above the boy on the couch. Really glad I didn't have a gun in my hand.
You suggest that you don have the rational or control to approach or confront someone with a firearm, this does NOT mean that everyone is like that
Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
I am fortunate that I have never lived in fear of a break-in. And, would never want to be put in a high pressure situation where I would become the judge in determining if someone was to live or die because they broke into my house. I understand the wide range of opinions related to the defence of one's castle, but never considered the penalty for B&E to be death by gunshot. So why did you take a bat to confront a suspected B&E in your home, do you not see that this was potentially was a high pressure situation, where someone could have died. Why did you not call the police????Nor, do I believe that guns, knives, or baseball bats are deterents against a drugged up, drunk, or a crazy with bad intentions.
These posts of yours have so many contradictions in them, it is not clear what you are even trying to say???
Old 04-08-2014, 08:14 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Lord help me...but I have to ask...what protection systems was this "uncivilized" woman lacking that "civilized folk" have?
Where did I claim the unfortunate lady was uncivilized. Nice try . Not 100% on calardo law so ill cover the bases of tazer, mace , oh wait a minute she was ambushed a tommy gun wouldn't of helped . Face palm, thats the point of an ambush to defeat an enemy thru shock and surprise oddly armored columns in the middle east get done fairly often in TANKS face palm. She was surprised I suggest no weapon would have changed the outcome of 4- 1 I still dont understand in a ccw state how could this happen .
Old 04-08-2014, 08:15 PM

I like our firearms laws about where they are now. I do have a restricted PAL, but if push came to shove a pistol--concealed doesn't matter much to me--is not what I'd use for "defence." I'm lousy at being accurate with a pistol, but I'm OK with a shotgun.

When I lived in Colorado a kid was shot because he mistakenly entered the wrong house at night. Boom, an innocent mistake turns deadly. Overall I like our current firearm regulations, and don't want to see the rules on handguns loosen up at all. Others view it differently, but just wanted to add some balance to this thread.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:17 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
No.

How did that work out for the guy who was being firebombed? The royal Gestapo charged him first, and dragged him through crap for years. Your faith in the rule of law is typical of the uk. And naive, to believe law would matter if you were the victim.

law is secondary to survival.

Armed against those who would do me harm, and against oppression. My security and that of my family is my right and responsibility, judges or kings will not tell me differently. Defense is just that, it requires aggression to be put into action. No aggression, no defense. So if we are safe as you believe, there is no harm done by an individual with a firearm. Just a serious deterrent to anyone who considers changing that safety.
where is the right to defend ones self removed with the removal of firearms ... humans have been defending them selves for over 25000 yes the rifle is 400 yrs old ??? You can open carry a sword if you wish ?? You just waaasnnnt a gun .
Old 04-08-2014, 08:22 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansgunsghandi View Post
I like our firearms laws about where they are now. I do have a restricted PAL, but if push came to shove a pistol--concealed doesn't matter much to me--is not what I'd use for "defence." I'm lousy at being accurate with a pistol, but I'm OK with a shotgun.

When I lived in Colorado a kid was shot because he mistakenly entered the wrong house at night. Boom, an innocent mistake turns deadly. Overall I like our current firearm regulations, and don't want to see the rules on handguns loosen up at all. Others view it differently, but just wanted to add some balance to this thread.
See we cant use worst case out comes , they cry when you use those and then they will start calling names . A child made a mistake and died thats freedom , right ... guys
Old 04-08-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
where is the right to defend ones self removed with the removal of firearms ... humans have been defending them selves for over 25000 yes the rifle is 400 yrs old ??? You can open carry a sword if you wish ?? You just waaasnnnt a gun .
And many died/die in the process. You are free to defend yourself however you wish, but you'll not make that decision for me. And that, right there, is the point of the argument. Control. Those who submit, and those who do not.

ill use the most effective tool for the task at hand.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
But when does a simple B&E become a home invasion or a murder. I personally don't want to let it go that far. You break in to my house, obviously you didn't come to bring me coffee and a box of Tim bits. I don't live in fear of it happening, I also don't live in fear of a lot of things, but I have plans for if it does occur. In my opinion, you see ot on the news way to much, a B&E gone wrong, home owners killed when robber discovers homeowners are still home.
Perhaps I miss a lot on the news, but I can't recall seeing much Canadian news where a B & E went wrong and homeowners were killed? Any in the past few years?
Old 04-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
And many died/die in the process. You are free to defend yourself however you wish, but you'll not make that decision for me. And that, right there, is the point of the argument. Control. Those who submit, and those who do not.

No worries mate .... move to where the "free" people are armed tp the teeth against each other. As stated in your castle do as you feel, but in public the greater good shall prevail.
Evedent by the fact you wont move
Old 04-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
So did they disarm?

Last edited by expmler; 04-08-2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:

X2
Old 04-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
How many did you have.
Unclear question? if you mean firearms ,since I was twelve I have owned a rifle continuously other than my time in the uk . Wher my flat mate ccw and still does to this day, however he jumps thru more hoops than a cavalcade of circus dogs. Since returning back to canada again continuous ownership of rifles and last year my first shotty. ...I love guns, big ones,small ones they all have a place. it would appear the canadian majority are happy with them on ranges and in safes .
Old 04-08-2014, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Unclear question? if you mean firearms ,since I was twelve I have owned a rifle continuously other than my time in the uk . Wher my flat mate ccw and still does to this day, however he jumps thru more hoops than a cavalcade of circus dogs. Since returning back to canada again continuous ownership of rifles and last year my first shotty. ...I love guns, big ones,small ones they all have a place. it would appear the canadian majority are happy with them on ranges and in safes .
How many innocent people has your mate killed. Isn't that what CCW leads to?
Old 04-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
How many innocent people has your mate killed. Isn't that what CCW leads to?
How can one man miss the crucial detail in every post ??? Im boggeld "more hoops than a cavalcade of circus dogs" the man is very highly traind and carries as its his job .. one of the few civilians in the UK that can . Ill say a personal security courier.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Preachin' to the choir, man.
Happens in church every Sunday.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
What did humans defend themselves with after the gun came along? I can think of one group that tried bows and arrows for a while. How did that work out.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
How can one man miss the crucial detail in every post ??? Im boggeld "more hoops than a cavalcade of circus dogs" the man is very highly traind and carries as its his job .. one of the few civilians in the UK that can . Ill say a personal security courier.
It would help if you could construct a coherent sentence.

Why does he need a gun for security, when no one else has guns.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
See we cant use worst case out comes , they cry when you use those and then they will start calling names . A child made a mistake and died thats freedom , right ... guys
A gun owner made a mistake too. Using the extremes on either end of the debate is a poor tactic, as it isn't the norm.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
What did humans defend themselves with after the gun came along? I can think of one group that tried bows and arrows for a while. How did that work out.
You poor sad unread man . The list of rifle men slaughterd by stoneage man is long and glorious . However im not going to list it for you think plains indian ,zulu, moari , gurka.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:42 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
A gun owner made a mistake too. Using the extremes on either end of the debate is a poor tactic, as it isn't the norm.
I fully agree sir, however the honorable opposition use it as a opening tactic in most engagments. See rug link "rubbish" and such.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
.I love guns, big ones,small ones they all have a place. it would appear the canadian majority are happy with them on ranges and in safes .
No the Canadian majority are not happy with our firearms laws, just our police, and some idiots with influence over our government. The Canadians that actually have some common sense would like to see serious changes in our firearms laws.