Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-26-2015, 06:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elixr View Post
Our vote counts in Canada and it would better suited if it matched the US's party. USA politics is actually quite important for us. Things are mess right now and needs fixing before its too late. One more Democratic term could do serious damage.
Very true as illustrated in this cartoon. Time for a real leader, not another career politician like Obama!

2560x1600_threat[1].jpg

A few cartoons for your amusement.

cg55c2c7c292c34[1].jpg cg55c9730f9a5c7[1].jpg cg55c9741127e02[1].jpg cg55cd6c9ec11f9[1].jpg cg55cd6ce0ce09d[1].jpg cg55d3dc5d07a98[1].jpg

Last edited by elkivory; 08-26-2015 at 06:53 AM.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidderman View Post
Some seem to think that there is logic in politics. Good luck on that one. At the end of the day the one who can spit out the best or most American BS will become president. Cheesh people quit using logic. It sure isn't working in Canada.
Yup, May the best con man win...
Old 08-26-2015, 07:18 AM

I lived in the states for 16 years and there was a time that I felt the Rep. and Dems. where a lot different. Now I believe they are much the same. To downtrodden the American people and ultimately have a one world order. I think the states are done for and don't believe they can come back, It's a sad affair.

I just had a visit with my friends father who is 88 years old from Nebraska. WW2 vet, made it through some of the leanest years in the thirties although he was very young. Now he sees Monsanto destroying his state and country through GMO crops and claims a corn that was planted has killed all the upbirds in his county. The government does not care. These men and my father in law are so sad at the state of the Union today. Lots of their close friends and family did not come back from wars fighting to defend the freedom that has now been lost. I think whoever is cursed to win the election will be the president that is in office when the country falls. Who would want that ? and I sure hope I am wrong.

I do believe however if by some miracle that country can be saved it will be with someone like Trump or another businessman and not a career Politian. Obama has done huge damage. I use to think that the American people would rise up and take their country back but I don't believe this is the case any longer, I think they are defeated.

Dog_River

Quote:
Our vote counts in Canada and it would better suited if it matched the US's party. USA politics is actually quite important for us. Things are mess right now and needs fixing before its too late. One more Democratic term could do serious damage.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:22 AM

Excellent post dogriver !
I hope Trump can turn it around if he wins.
He certainly understands the sad state of affairs
Old 08-26-2015, 07:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog_River View Post
I lived in the states for 16 years and there was a time that I felt the Rep. and Dems. where a lot different. Now I believe they are much the same. To downtrodden the American people and ultimately have a one world order. I think the states are done for and don't believe they can come back, It's a sad affair.

I just had a visit with my friends father who is 88 years old from Nebraska. WW2 vet, made it through some of the leanest years in the thirties although he was very young. Now he sees Monsanto destroying his state and country through GMO crops and claims a corn that was planted has killed all the upbirds in his county. The government does not care. These men and my father in law are so sad at the state of the Union today. Lots of their close friends and family did not come back from wars fighting to defend the freedom that has now been lost. I think whoever is cursed to win the election will be the president that is in office when the country falls. Who would want that ? and I sure hope I am wrong.

I do believe however if by some miracle that country can be saved it will be with someone like Trump or another businessman and not a career Politian. Obama has done huge damage. I use to think that the American people would rise up and take their country back but I don't believe this is the case any longer, I think they are defeated.

Dog_River
Scary times eh Dog River?

From what I have seen and studied, if they don't undo all of the damage that has been done, starting with George H. Bush, then exacerbated by Clinton, Bush II and Obama, it's Adios America as Ann Coulter has pointed out in her new book.

Very sad state of affairs, I have my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:29 AM

Extremely scary ! The thing I am not convinced of is if Trump truly wants to be the next president or if he's just in the stirring the pot talking about the things that need to be talked about. I guess we will see.

Dog_River

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkivory View Post
Scary times eh Dog River?

From what I have seen and studied, if they don't undo all of the damage that has been done, starting with George H. Bush, then exacerbated by Clinton, Bush II and Obama, it's Adios America as Ann Coulter has pointed out in her new book.

Very sad state of affairs, I have my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Extremely scary ! The thing I am not convinced of is if Trump truly wants to be the next president or if he's just in the stirring the pot talking about the things that need to be talked about. I guess we will see.

Dog_River
Maybe so but I dont see any other candidate worthy of the position.
Its almost a do or die situation for the US.
And even Trump said yesterday that if things dont start turning around that the USA may sink beyond repair.
No one says it like Trump and he is needed in office now
Old 08-26-2015, 07:40 AM

I agree 100 %

Dog_River

Quote:
Maybe so but I dont see any other candidate worthy of the position.
Its almost a do or die situation for the US.
And even Trump said yesterday that if things dont start turning around that the USA may sink beyond repair.
No one says it like Trump and he is needed in office now
Old 08-26-2015, 07:43 AM
Banned

Quote:

Dog_River
At 69 years old and given the fact that he has had an extraordinarily successful career, I will bet you that he wants to end his career with something very special and on a high note and being the President of the U.S.A. fits that bill. I believe that he is very serious, that he is in it to win it and will.

After two terms in office, he will leave at 78, good way to go out. He can make many corrections and effect many needed changes in 8 years and they need their sinking ship righted!

Question, did you ask your in-laws if they would vote for him, and if so what did they say? Elk.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:51 AM

Quote:

Dog_River
The problem is if the US of A is taken over and goes down the crapper the way the UK and France has we can kiss Canada as we know it goodbye too.
I think that Trump is doing a great job at getting people riled up and talking. You might hate him, you might love him but either way people are talking.
Historically people get lazy when it comes to elections. Unless there is something that affects them or their loved ones.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:59 AM

My FIL is a "Yellow Dog Democrat" and would not vote anything but. I cant really talk politics with him as we differ so much. He is 90 years old and getting frail. My friends father who is all in for Trump and he thinks Trump is just what the country needs.

Dog_River

Quote:
Question, did you ask your in-laws if they would vote for him, and if so what did they say? Elk.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
My FIL is a "Yellow Dog Democrat" and would not vote anything but. I cant really talk politics with him as we differ so much. He is 90 years old and getting frail. My friends father who is all in for Trump and he thinks Trump is just what the country needs.

Dog_River
That's funny, thanks for the laugh!

Tell you one thing. If I were Trump, I would not be riding in anything that was not Armored, I would even be wearing a bullet proof vest. If he gets assassinated, America is a goner.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:

Tell you one thing. If I were Trump, I would not be riding in anything that was not Armored, I would even be wearing a bullet proof vest. If he gets assassinated, America is a goner.
Thats funny but not really.
I've been thinking the exact same thing bout his security issues.

Last edited by Elixr; 08-26-2015 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:15 AM

This just in !!! Hilary Clinton was seen at a SWAT SHARP SHOOTER TRAINING FACILITY IN Virginia !! LOL
(get a visual on this )

Dog_River

Quote:

Old 08-26-2015, 08:50 AM
Banned

Yup America needs to get back to the good old days where racism was more common, enough of this PC stuff.

We really need the good old days back where companies could polute freely. Obviously climate change was invented by the Chinese to hurt America.

The debt is too big. Obviously they need to spend hundreds of billions building a wall and deporting illegal immigrants. Also the army is too small and not expensive enough. They need to give them back their blank cheque and send them to more wars without an exit strategy again. Hopefully they can cost the US at least another trillion.

Americas relationship with other countries is just too good these days. Trade wars need to be started against everyone to end this. Obviously countries won't retaliate when tariff are put on them. I'm sure this will do nothing to slow down trade.

Donald Trump is the only man who can accomplish this. Without him the nonexistent imminent American crash is bound to happen. Save us Trump!!!!!
Old 08-26-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpig View Post
Yup America needs to get back to the good old days where racism was more common, enough of this PC stuff.

We really need the good old days back where companies could polute freely. Obviously climate change was invented by the Chinese to hurt America.

The debt is too big. Obviously they need to spend hundreds of billions building a wall and deporting illegal immigrants. Also the army is too small and not expensive enough. They need to give them back their blank cheque and send them to more wars without an exit strategy again. Hopefully they can cost the US at least another trillion.

Americas relationship with other countries is just too good these days. Trade wars need to be started against everyone to end this. Obviously countries won't retaliate when tariff are put on them. I'm sure this will do nothing to slow down trade.

Donald Trump is the only man who can accomplish this. Without him the nonexistent imminent American crash is bound to happen. Save us Trump!!!!!

Thanks for this "joke of the day"
Old 08-26-2015, 09:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for this "joke of the day"
Send your thanks to Trump. He inspired this joke. Couldn't have done it without him.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:05 AM
Banned

Cant believe that posters are being complimented on jokes, and my cartoons get no praise!

Old 08-26-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Exactly why he is at the very bottom of the heap ad sinking lower every day. I'm betting he wakes up every day trying to figure out some way for you not to be upset with his demeaner. If he only had hair like Trudeau and was polite like Stephan Dione. Then there would be a real leader i the race.
Wow, you really countered every point I made. Good job Red. LOL
Old 08-26-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
All of the above is true!

But you failed to recognize that unlike all of the other candidates, that he has real world experience that is second to none and that he can not be dictated to or bought off like all of the others can and will be.
I think I pointed out that some of his real world experience isn't that savoury, or successful, but I get what you are saying. And by that standard Bill Gates would be a FAR superior President as he's worth FAR more than Trump and has been FAR more successful.

I do agree with your point that he is less likely to be beholding to special interests, though I would imagine all his friends and acquaintances are rich guys, so not sure there is a difference.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
I think I pointed out that some of his real world experience isn't that savoury, or successful, but I get what you are saying. And by that standard Bill Gates would be a FAR superior President as he's worth FAR more than Trump and has been FAR more successful.

I do agree with your point that he is less likely to be beholding to special interests, though I would imagine all his friends and acquaintances are rich guys, so not sure there is a difference.
Personally, I don't think Gates would make a good president and I never said that the wealthier you are the better a President you would make.

Can say this though, Obama should have hired Gates to build Obamacare Website, what a JOKE!
Old 08-26-2015, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Personally, I don't think Gates would make a good president and I never said that the wealthier you are the better a President you would make.

Can say this though, Obama should have hired Gates to build Obamacare Website, what a JOKE!
True that
Old 08-26-2015, 10:02 AM
Banned

My vote would be Elon Musk for President, but he has already said he wants nothing to do with politics. Also I don't think he's eligible.

Extremely successful business man who is also very scientifically literate.

Almost all politicians lack a knowledge of science and technology. Would be a nice change to have someone like him. Trump is clearly someone lacking a scientific knowledge as well.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:

Racial divide is the highest it's been in the last 50 years.
Ferguson,Baltimore,St. Louis just to name a few.
All the polluters just moved from the U.S. to China ,Japan , South Korea , India ,
The worlds pollution problem isn't any better today than 40 years ago.
Building a wall would cost peanuts When compaired to the cost of social programs for illegals.
Illegal immigrants account for 30% of all violent crime and murders in th U.S.
How much does that cost the tax payer
Have you ever heard the saying Peace through Strength .
That's how Reagan ended the Cold War with Russia .
The Middle East is fire because a of week president.
Talk to any bussness owner in Canada or the U.S. That ships goods to China , Japan etc. and ask then how much tariff they pay to get their product into those countries.
It's not about free trade but fair trade.
Liberalism is a mental dissorder and yor talking points prove that.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:27 AM

People sure forget about the legislative branch. Replacing them would do far more then whoever is president.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:35 AM
Banned

Gotta start somewhere. If Trump is lucky some of the old farts on the Supreme Court will retire and he can replace them with Justices that will make decisions that are in the best interest of the U.S.A.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Gotta start somewhere. If Trump is lucky some of the old farts on the Supreme Court will retire and he can replace them with Justices that will make decisions that are in the best interest of the U.S.A.
They shouldn't make decisions based on the best interest of the USA. The opinion of best interest will change from person to person.

They are supposed to make decisions based upon the constitution.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalan View Post
They shouldn't make decisions based on the best interest of the USA. The opinion of best interest will change from person to person.

They are supposed to make decisions based upon the constitution.
And the problem is that they tend to interpret it differently and typically along party affiliation lines.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer View Post
Racial divide is the highest it's been in the last 50 years.
Ferguson,Baltimore,St. Louis just to name a few.
All the polluters just moved from the U.S. to China ,Japan , South Korea , India ,
The worlds pollution problem isn't any better today than 40 years ago.
Building a wall would cost peanuts When compaired to the cost of social programs for illegals.
Illegal immigrants account for 30% of all violent crime and murders in th U.S.
How much does that cost the tax payer
Have you ever heard the saying Peace through Strength .
That's how Reagan ended the Cold War with Russia .
The Middle East is fire because a of week president.
Talk to any bussness owner in Canada or the U.S. That ships goods to China , Japan etc. and ask then how much tariff they pay to get their product into those countries.
It's not about free trade but fair trade.
Liberalism is a mental dissorder and yor talking points prove that.
I don't think what you are saying is far off. Something to add to the list for both Canada & the USA is this. How many voters are of the working class vs those who depend on the govn't. for handouts? One has a completely different agenda than the other.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:

To a large extent - your outline, although sarcastic, is pretty much bang on. This embodies the concerns of those conservatives who won't support Trump.

1) We should be politically correct and absolutely not tolerate racism or bigotry - these are things that destroy us and divide us and make us weaker. And - Alternately and Congruently - We should also not tolerate the over sensitive people/groups that "invent" issues where there aren't any.

2) We should take appropriate action on reducing emissions or pollution without disruption to our growth and take a lesson from Europe. It is possible. Germany may be a benchmark example.

3) We need to manage the country like a business (maybe the one area I may see Trump's value). There needs to be someone who is responsible with tax dollars and the allocation of those resources (revenues) to look at controlling long term debt.

4) Protectionism leads to trade isolation and eventual economic collapse - look at all the "closed economies" and see how they are doing. This is a short term strategy that needs some balance with trade deals that make sense over the long run.

I think you hit this one right on the head - your thoughts mirror the thoughts of many conservatives who won't be supporting Trump.