Default Cannibus and traveling to the US

https://www.mtlblog.com/amp/warning-...card-in-canada
Old 10-23-2018, 04:19 PM

Pretty sure that article is a joke....

Global
Old 10-23-2018, 05:12 PM

It was on global news in sept . Might be trending
Old 10-23-2018, 05:54 PM

Customs want's you to be honest....Yeah, I tried pot 25 years ago and haven't touched it since....You are done....

Unfortunately there is no proof and yes sir, never ever smoked pot
Old 10-23-2018, 05:55 PM

I tend to be a bit leery of articles with the grammer displayed in the headline as well: "Warning: This Is Why Should Never Buy Marijuana With A Credit Card In Canada"
Old 10-23-2018, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I tend to be a bit leery of articles with the grammer displayed in the headline as well: "Warning: This Is Why Should Never Buy Marijuana With A Credit Card In Canada"
Cause US border agents have information on your credit cards at the border handy...LOL...

Where is my tin foil hat?
Old 10-23-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
Cause US border agents have information on your credit cards at the border handy...LOL...

Where is my tin foil hat?
surrounding what could happen if consumer data (credit card purchase records, online ordering to a home address, etc.) ends up on servers in the United States. There’s little to stop that data from making its way to U.S. border officials, privacy experts say, which could lead to some uncomfortable questions at the border crossing. In fact, how a credit card marijuana purchase will appear on your bank statement could put you in an impossible position — admit to marijuana use and be banned for that, or deny it and be banned for lying.
Dated oct 20 2018

On global news website. Enjoy your tin foil hat. Lol
Old 10-23-2018, 08:57 PM
Banned

I am one of those people who do not care what the states are doing at the border. The states are letting people who work in the fields in now so why would they check your credit card statement at the border?
I am really done caring about who knows what about me. I smoke pot, big deal as I could still be the raging alcoholic I once was.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expedition View Post
surrounding what could happen if consumer data (credit card purchase records, online ordering to a home address, etc.) ends up on servers in the United States. There’s little to stop that data from making its way to U.S. border officials, privacy experts say, which could lead to some uncomfortable questions at the border crossing. In fact, how a credit card marijuana purchase will appear on your bank statement could put you in an impossible position — admit to marijuana use and be banned for that, or deny it and be banned for lying.
Dated oct 20 2018

On global news website. Enjoy your tin foil hat. Lol
Doubt that very much....Like I said....Customs do not have access to your credit card statements...Reinsert TIN foil hat bud
Old 10-23-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
Doubt that very much....Like I said....Customs do not have access to your credit card statements...Reinsert TIN foil hat bud
This has been on several news media outlets. This was a quote from a canadian privacy expert reported on global news.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:56 PM

They don’t, huh?
Keep on believing while you clean the rose coloured glasses. That information is pretty easy for law enforcement to obtain. Technically it should require a warrant (often obtained over the phone, larger centres it can be done 24/7, often with very little lead time), but “professional cooperation” between the department and the CC security people
Customs is a special situation. They have a lot of latitude, and as good or better access to data like that than most Police depts. if it’s online, it can be accessed. Don’t fool yourself
Old 10-23-2018, 10:09 PM

If you act like an idiot at the border they will try and find a reason to write down on your rejection form.

If you are polite and normal they won’t ask.

So...again...if they ask you then something you said or done annoyed them or concerned them.

So behave.

They have the right to say no to your visiting the US.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-23-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
I am one of those people who do not care what the states are doing at the border. The states are letting people who work in the fields in now so why would they check your credit card statement at the border?
I am really done caring about who knows what about me. I smoke pot, big deal as I could still be the raging alcoholic I once was.
So take you weed and header over, i am not afraid to enter with a bottle.

Just because you once drank to much doesn't mean dick to me or anyone else,same applies to your weed,hoop it,smoke it ,boil it bake it,you guys are old news for decades now .

Blaming something in your past for turning you into something is childish and hypocritical ,unless someone forced it down your throat.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
If you act like an idiot at the border they will try and find a reason to write down on your rejection form.

If you are polite and normal they won’t ask.

So...again...if they ask you then something you said or done annoyed them or concerned them.

So behave.

They have the right to say no to your visiting the US.
It says right on their own website that they have the power to ruin your holiday.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:57 AM

This on ctv news website
Smartphones: Remove anything that could potentially associate you with cannabis. That includes, but is not limited to photos, stock tickers, credit card purchase alerts and banking apps. “Sanitize” your social media profiles. Leaving your phone at home could be seen as a red flag. Consider having a second phone for U.S. trips.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:21 AM

Around 300,000 people cross the northern border with Canada each day, which equates to annual approximates of 39,254,000 crossings by Canadians into the United States (in 2009) and 20,213,500 crossings by Americans into Canada (in 2010).

That's a lot of credit cards statements to check daily

I read the US is going to add the question "have you ever used cannabis" on the declaration card to fly to the US I suspect "no" would be a popular answer.

The anti cannabis hype will take a while to dissipate unless you cross the border stinking like pot or a marijuana leaf tattoo you will be fine.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:41 AM

Talk about paranoia for clicks, the US border patrol can reject you at the border for any reason they see fit. They don't need to check your VISA statement for a reason to deny you entry.

The article does provide some good tips regarding keeping your phone and social media clear of marijuana, albeit I'd go further to say just keep the content of your phone and social media profiles as clean and clear as possible. Do it as if at any given moment's notice you'd be required to show your grandma or boss at work what's on either.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:20 PM

Not sure i understand ! I repost several articles from credible news outlets and am accused of paranoid ! I have a feeling these accusers have already purchased weed online and the knee jerk reaction is to shoot the messanger. It is no harder for border security us to check your credit card purchases than for me to check whats happening on alberta outdoorsmen web forum . Must say very strange . In fact a maratime province is labeling weed purchases as liquor just for this reason .
Old 10-24-2018, 01:39 PM

Big brother is watching

I sincerely doubt if Homeland security has access to your credit card transactions or your bank account, credible news sources don't really exist most are based on rumours and public opinion. Between Canada and the US they would have monitor 4,000,000,000 transactions a day and for what?

The online pot sites take EMT only, its amazing how many sites there are selling 100's of different products I assume illegally without getting shutdown by big brother if he really is watching he's dropping the ball.

Some have funny names like buymyweed.com a little obvious don't you think.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:15 PM
Banned

Funny, i used to have no problem going south, it was always coming home that i got harassed,i have had a 5 tonne truck that i drove through an xray machine mounted off of a semi trailer truck,had German Shepherds search my work truck, i have been stripped searched, had illegal residue found on id cards(don't do this!),another time i was crossing back into Canada on September 11th early in the morning while it was still playing out,i made it across back into Canada minute's before the border's were shut down, Canada customs is no joke, if your not an illegal border jumper that is.

The American's were always more friendly and just let me in with out many question's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg images-23.jpeg (8.9 KB, 46 views)
Old 10-24-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Not sure i understand ! I repost several articles from credible news outlets and am accused of paranoid ! I have a feeling these accusers have already purchased weed online and the knee jerk reaction is to shoot the messanger. It is no harder for border security us to check your credit card purchases than for me to check whats happening on alberta outdoorsmen web forum . Must say very strange . In fact a maratime province is labeling weed purchases as liquor just for this reason .
Purchasing marijuana online from the Government of Alberta lists the purchase as from AGLC on your credit card statements. Not sure how specific it goes into than that, however.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:16 PM

Medical Marijuana Outdoorsman!!!! 😂😂😂😂

Shoot that deer......a clever smile.

I love this forum. Absolutely the BEST entertainment. You guys and gals (if there ARE any girls here) are fantastic. We can go from growing weed to “would you shoot this” to Justin Trudeau to name that puppy. ......

Amen for diversity. Keep it coming
Old 10-24-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Cannibus and traveling to the US

? I'd go with Greyhound.