Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-07-2020, 01:26 PM

Default Liberal MP Charged with B&E, Criminal Harrassment and Assault x 2

I was surprised this wasn't posted here, being that its two days old. Marwan Tabbara might sound familiar as it was a response from him to a constituent that revealed the Liberals purposefully bypassed democracy to undertake the gun ban because they'd not be able to get enough support. Seems as good as any reason to screw over citizens, no?

He pulls the typical scumbag move of representing himself as a victim, due to depression. No ownership. Zero manliness. Divert, rinse, repeat.

https://nationalpost.com/news/ontari...ent-police-say

"Member of Parliament Marwan Tabbara said he is “stepping back from the Liberal caucus” but not resigning as an MP after revelations he was criminally charged with assault, break and enter and criminal harassment.

Tabbara, 35, was charged with two counts of assault, one count of break and enter and commit an indictable offence and one count of criminal harassment — back in April — for an alleged incident in a neighbouring Ontario riding.

Neither the Guelph Police nor the Trudeau government revealed the charges to the public until the National Post and two other media organizations directly asked police about them on Thursday.

“As a proud Canadian who came to this country with his family to escape the violence of war, I deplore violence in all its forms,” Tabbara said in a written statement late Friday.

I personally believe strongly in the right of every individual to live a life free of the hurt and trauma of physical, verbal or emotional abuse,” he said.

“I continue to receive counselling and treatment for anxiety and depression, which I have been living with for some time.”

Tabbara, MP for Kitchener South-Hespeler, chairs Parliament’s subcommittee on International Human Rights and sits on the special committee on the COVID-19 Pandemic.

He was arrested in Guelph, 90 kilometres west of Toronto, on April 10.

Despite the serious nature of the allegations and charges, Guelph Police did not publicly report the arrest at the time, not even with the MP’s name removed.

Guelph Police Constable Brian Murphy confirmed the arrest of the Member of Parliament Friday but said little information could be released at this time, other than the basic charge information."

Marwan also distinguished himself in this email to a constituent regarding the arbitrary firearm ban accomplished through Order in Council:

But prior to all of that, Marwan uttered something in Parliament that was pretty thick with irony once his criminality was exposed.

Any guess as to how the Liberals will spin this? Or did kneeling at a crowded protest during a health epidemic already accomplish the diversion? (this being 2 months after MP Tabbara's arrest.....)
Old 06-07-2020, 01:34 PM

If it would have been a Conservative MP the mainstream Media would have it in our face hours after the arrest and probably in every talk show and interview up to today.

When asked today if the Liberal Caucus knew about the arrest, Bardish Chagger said she just found out about it Friday...sure...
Old 06-07-2020, 02:02 PM

Come on now, he was just being a liberal, just like his leader , he doesn't feel that our laws apply to him.
Old 06-07-2020, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Come on now, he was just being a liberal, just like his leader , he doesn't feel that our laws apply to him.
I’m sure Turd will have a chat with the attorney general. Can’t have a liberal found guilty.

BW
Old 06-07-2020, 02:56 PM

I felt inspired to craft an email to the MP and just sent this off (bolding not in original email):

Mr Tabbara,

I have recently been following your recent criminal charges and could not help but juxtapose them against your well-circulated email response about the firearms that were recently banned. You referred to them as 'intended for military use' and 'assault -style firearms' when that's clearly not the case for anyone who knows about firearms and knows long-accepted firearms technical terminology & language. Your Liberal party and the anti-gun groups have intentionally crafted and used prejudiced language and spread complete falsehoods about firearms and even lied about pre-existing Canadian firearms laws in order to swell public support among those who are uninformed about firearms (they remain so when getting 'information' from you and your ilk). You should know better than to spread prejudice in this manner, its divisive and yet you and your entire party leapt to the opportunity to misinform people to accomplish your curiously-motivated task. Its curious because when one analyzes the Statistics Canada page and delves into the data, the lawful firearms owners are an extremely low statistical representation in firearm murder and violence data. Clearly resources should be applied elsewhere to achieve any meaningful results. For instance, its been recently reported that every last firearm the Nova Scotia shooter used was unlawfully obtained, so even this new sweeping ban would have accomplished exactly nothing to stop such a deranged individual, just as it does nothing for the majority of Toronto shootings. Perhaps observing a map and noting that the most populous regions and worst crimes areas in Ontario happen to exist in a peninsula that dips down into the USA might be enlightening about why that's the case? Gee, now where would violent criminals in that region ever get illegal guns? Maybe some attention to the border and organized crime is in order?

Regardless of all this, the choice to undertake the sweeping firearm bans by using an Order in Council was utterly non-democratic; if you cannot form consensus on legislation, then perhaps that should clue you in to the fact that such things should not be forced upon law-abiding Canadian citizens at all? Exactly as you should not force yourself upon others, imagine that? You should be representing citizens wishes Mr Tabbara, not mounting PR misinformation campaigns to get them to believe what you're proposing. The level of sinister thought-process that represents is off the scale.

As it stands now though Mr Tabbara, your own hands are now assault hands, and my firearms are merely firearms, not 'assault-style weapons'. I suggest that you keep your assault hands off of lawful Canadian firearm owners property, we're not violent like you are, so stop projecting your own violent urges and inability to control yourself upon us as though we're the similarly lacking in self-control. We lawful firearms owners have passed extensive background checks, criminal history checks and daily CPIC cross-checks in addition to our 3 personal references who were interviewed prior to the issuance of our firearms licenses. Considering your pending charges, you'd not even qualify to be an applicants character reference, never mind get a firearms license yourself.

I also find your public statement where you bring up depression in explaining your actions to be disingenuous and completely cowardly. An upstanding person would own their actions and not make such an attempt to paint themselves as a victim like you did in that repellent piece of PR spin-doctoring. But then again, an upstanding person would not be stalking, breaking in and assaulting anyone. You are the last person who should be judging others. You should resign from your elected position immediately if you have the slightest shred of honor left.

Contemptuously yours,
My Name
Law-Abiding Canadian
Calgary, Alberta
Old 06-07-2020, 03:01 PM

Nice caber
Old 06-07-2020, 03:01 PM

Well thought out and well presented Caber. I applaud and thank you.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:11 PM

Nicely composed. You shud post that letter in a couple of the gun related sites on FB as well. And on a few Liberal & NDP MP's pages, especially.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
Nicely composed. You shud post that letter in a couple of the gun related sites on FB as well. And on a few Liberal & NDP MP's pages, especially.
On it, was interrupted by some phone calls. Please, everyone get on it about MP Tabbara's 'assault hands'. I want that to be a hashtag and to go viral if possible
Old 06-07-2020, 09:09 PM

I'vs always thought B&E a particularly bad crime. Been in many a consensual assaults, B&E just over the line in every way.

Same old, same old, the guy still says 'poor me'......

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 06-08-2020, 05:37 AM

Of course he is not responsible for his actions and should be given a pass on this one, first of all he is a Liberal MP which means laws do not apply to him, secondly he claims to suffer from depression which makes him NCR ( not criminally responsible ).

If that fails maybe he can claim that he drank to much that night and doesn't remember what he did, so that automatically gives him a get out of jail free card according to the law.

Heck this is a slam dunk, JT will chat with the attorney general and offer his point of view and make a suggestion on this one , then he will have some meaningful dialog with Mr. Tabbara and give him 12 months sick leave with pay of course plus offer to pay for all his counselling, and then just for good measure bring out the big liberal broom and lift up the carpet again, go on about your business folks I got this one ..

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 06-08-2020, 07:19 AM

Default Yup

Nothing to see here.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:02 AM

I didn't see this anywhere before. I sent the link and a copy of Caber's letter to my MP Dane Lloyd. This is the kind on nonsense that gets swept under the rug by the Liberals all the time. Even easier to do now that they have illegally shut down Parliament.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:07 AM

politicians are in a special class, and Lieberals are the elite of this group. don't be surprised if this just disappears. on the other hand, the very few honest and disciplined politicians like Jody Wilson Raybould and Jane Philpot don't last very long. same goes for guys like Brian Jean. not only are the rest worthless, but also actually impede the progress of humanity.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:10 AM
Banned

Billy Blair had to ban guns so that people wouldn't pop his MP's when they entered homes illegally..... I have sent this article to my CPC MP to express my thoughts on dangerous politicians.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
I'vs always thought B&E a particularly bad crime. Been in many a consensual assaults, B&E just over the line in every way.

Same old, same old, the guy still says 'poor me'......
My detective buddy's 'spidey sense' figures its a domestic, and some other chatter seems to corroborate that but nothing I've yet seen has yet identified the victim and Marwan's relationship to them. Smart money would bet on that being the case though. Who knows what extent it was, did he shoulder his way in through the door uninvited when chatting at her/(his) door? Was the assault grabbing their wrists or bear hugging for a while or was he actually hitting or slapping? For the harassment was he calling or texting perpetually or was he also stalking by waiting outside their home?
Old 06-08-2020, 10:34 PM

Looks like old Marwan is a stalker that likes to lurk outside his targets home. For more than three flipping months!! The cretin still didn't even get anywhere near the neighborhood of saying "I'm sorry":

https://nationalpost.com/news/libera...PbXx7CIkCbjwBc

"Ontario Member of Parliament Marwan Tabbara allegedly spent so much time over three months watching a home in a nearby riding he made the occupant fear for her safety, according to a police document describing the serious criminal charges he is facing.

The watching started January 1 and ended April 9, the day Tabbara was arrested by police in Guelph, Ont., according to police allegations.

Tabbara, 35, was charged with two counts of assault, one count of break and enter and commit an indictable offence, and one count of criminal harassment.

The charges were not revealed at the time by Guelph Police Service and did not become public until Friday after National Post and two other media organizations directly asked police about it.

The National Post can now reveal that two people are listed as alleged victims of assault, one male and one female.

Both alleged assaults took place in the same place at the same incident, according to the police report.
See Also Ontario MP Marwan Tabbara 'stepping back' from Liberal caucus after assault, criminal harassment charges

Tabbara is also charged with breaking and entering a home, which is the same address as the home he was allegedly watching, near Guelph’s downtown, about 90 kilometres west of Toronto. It is not the same address listed as his home.

After spending a night in jail, Tabbara was formally charged with the four criminal counts on April 10, and had a bail hearing overseen by a justice of the peace in London, Ont., about 120 kilometres southwest of Guelph.

He was released on a promise to pay $1,000 if he breached any condition of his release. A publication ban was imposed over the information, arguments and reasons presented at that bail appearance.

Tabbara is the MP for Kitchener South-Hespeler and chaired Parliament’s subcommittee on International Human Rights and sits on the special committee on the COVID-19 Pandemic.

On Friday, after the criminal charges against him were revealed in the media, he announced he was “stepping back from the Liberal caucus” but not resigning as an MP.

“I personally believe strongly in the right of every individual to live a life free of the hurt and trauma of physical, verbal or emotional abuse,” he said in a written statement. “I continue to receive counselling and treatment for anxiety and depression, which I have been living with for some time.”
Old 06-08-2020, 10:49 PM

Seems to me, given the gravity of the offences and that there are two victims, the MP should have been charged with more offences.

Released on $1000 promise not to breach conditions? Unbelieveable!

We should start a Change.Org petition to have him removed as an MP.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB2506 View Post
Seems to me, given the gravity of the offences and that there are two victims, the MP should have been charged with more offences.

Released on $1000 promise not to breach conditions? Unbelieveable!

We should start a Change.Org petition to have him removed as an MP.
That the judge ordered a publication ban on it should have them brought before an ethics committee, citizens deserve to know this type of thing, every detail and immediately. I don't think we have to guess which way the judge votes, do we?
Old 06-08-2020, 10:58 PM

#assaulthands
I love it!!!
Old 06-08-2020, 10:59 PM

His Instagram account is very public....lol
Old 06-09-2020, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sako1 View Post
#assaulthands
I love it!!!
I really want that to take off!
Old 06-09-2020, 05:52 PM

Trudeau must have been in self isolation.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7043981/t...bbara-charges/

Grizz
Old 06-09-2020, 06:13 PM

I tagged Tabbara’s Twitter suggesting that he participated in guns being banned so that his victims can’t practice self-defense!
Old 06-09-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post

Grizz
They all deny,deny,deny......

Liars.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:29 PM

Remember that while he may be an independent now, he was a second term Liberal when he committed the extended-duration string of crimes.
Old 07-08-2020, 10:24 AM

Thought you guys might like to see the response from the Conservative MP for my area. I had sent him a copy of Caber's excellent letter to Tabbara. Hopefully, if Parliament ever sits again, they will be able to use this as one more thing to hammer the Liberals with over their appalling track record of corruption and cover-ups.

Quote:
Dear Dean,

Thank you for reaching out regarding the reports that Member of Parliament, Marwan Tabbara, has been charged criminally for actions dating back to the beginning of 2020.

Allegations of harassment and break and enter are a very serious matter and should not be taken lightly. I am glad that the local police have done a seemingly thorough investigation into his actions and that it has been handed over to our criminal justice system; I trust that Mr. Tabbara will receive a fair trial.

Justin Trudeau made a statement that he only heard of the criminal charges against Mr. Tabbara on June 5th when the story broke in the National Post; since then Mr. Tabbara has left the Liberal caucus and now sits as an Independent. However, on June 19th the CBC discovered that the Justin Trudeau and the Liberal Party approved Mr. Tabbara to run in the 2019 federal election despite a party investigation into allegations of sexual harassment made against him between 2015 and 2019. These allegations of misconduct were reported by female staff members and the Liberal Party admits that they determined some of the allegations were substantiated, though they have not said if Mr. Tabbara faced any consequences.

With these facts, I believe that it is completely unacceptable that Justin Trudeau, the “feminist” Prime Minister allowed Mr. Tabbara to run in the 2019 election. He should have been removed from caucus when the internal party investigation determined that the allegations where indeed true.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to reach out to share your concerns regarding Mr. Tabbara and please feel free to contact me in the future.

Kind regards,

Dane Lloyd, M.P.
Sturgeon River – Parkland
Old 07-08-2020, 10:33 AM

Didn’t Blackface say women sometimes experience things differently than men? I wouldn’t let my daughter near any man claiming to be a feminist
Old 07-08-2020, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post

Grizz
No way he only learned of this on Friday. But his sheep will believe. Sad.

I do recall reading about this mp a while back, it was the article posted where he was stalking a house. That big story sure got buried fast until now. I can't wait to see how Turds and his minions spin this one.