Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 11-09-2012, 09:33 PM

Default Fishing PV Mexico Nov 4/5/7 2012

Wow had fun fun fun .. 3/12hr($560 for 2 guys per day) days fishing for Bill fish .. caught some Benito's 13/3 Dolphinfish /Needlefish my buddy John and I .. 2 days then a break for scubadiving for 1 day then another day fishing for Marlin/Sailfish got skunked but had a few pick-up just lite bites.. but hey thats fishing maybe next time .. i would recommend Captain Chuy in PV!!! very good Pro just we gave him the Bill fish challenge and the fish did not want to get caught
we would both go again

David

since we were 10 years old fishing buddies.jpg

John and David.jpg

just alittle one.jpg

029.jpg

Wedding Crasher.jpg

Want to scrap.jpg
Old 11-09-2012, 10:17 PM

Nice! Looks like you guys enjoyed yourselves!im Heading to Puerto plata tomorrow! Hope to nail some big Mahi's again this year! And a sailfish or whahoo would be a good bonus
Old 11-09-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tight line View Post
Nice! Looks like you guys enjoyed yourselves!im Heading to Puerto plata tomorrow! Hope to nail some big Mahi's again this year! And a sailfish or whahoo would be a good bonus
Have a great trip

Post pic's when back

David
Old 11-09-2012, 10:53 PM

Thanks for sharing, and the pics. Looks like loads of fun.

My hunting buddy and our families are heading down to the Mayan Riviera on Monday for a week. He and I hope to get out for a day while down there. Any recommendations for the Playa Del Carmen/Puerto Moreles areas?
Old 11-10-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Racks View Post

My hunting buddy and our families are heading down to the Mayan Riviera on Monday for a week. He and I hope to get out for a day while down there. Any recommendations for the Playa Del Carmen/Puerto Moreles areas?
Just tell your guide what you want to fish and he will try to get you into those fish ... we just wanted Black Marlin and Sailfish so its just trolling if we wanted bottom fish or Yellowfin Tuna we would of stopped and chummed,, then jigged for them.. we got all the Pacific Bonito on Big Flies and then used them for bait while trolling for the Black Marlin .. i got two double headers on the Benito's which was neat .. just like i said earlier tell your guide what you want to catch and he/she will try to fullfill your wish.. have fun fun fun

The Dolphinfish jumped and jumped just like a Sailfish/Marlin and was fun just because of that but the Big fish were elusive..

Dolphinfish has many name in slang ... mahi mahi,, dorado,,goldmarkrele,,shiira

Bonito Atlantic is called common bonito ,,katonkel.. beltedbonito

Bonito Pacific is called Califorina bonito,, striped bonito,, eastern Pacific bonito,,Australian bonito

those quotes are from the International Game Fish Assocation

David
Old 11-10-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Racks View Post

Might be a little late, but check out Captain Rick's. My wife and I went with them in May while in and around the Mayan Riveria. The weather was terrible when we were fishing and we only had 2 bites in 4 hours, but with those 2 bites both my wife and I landed a sail fish (see my avatar).

Speckle- nice pics! Thanks for sharing! Our family is going to Puerto Vallarta the first part of January, and I'm hoping we can all get out and do some fishing as well!!