Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-15-2018, 05:39 PM

Default Are the lotteries fixed?

Even though these tickets are from 2013 it still raises concerns. Note the tickets are for different lotteries on the same day. This pic was posted recently by a guy claiming a family member bought them. The tickets were bought as quick picks. He was just going through the families old tickets and noticed the similarities. What are the odds?

(This info was on the web. Maybe I am naive or maybe not. I know not to believe everything the interweb says but it is interesting.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lotto tickets rigged.jpg (33.9 KB, 898 views)
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 04-15-2018, 05:44 PM

He should buy a lottery ticket. The odds of that are astronomical.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:48 PM

Send some gift cards to the Lottery Corporation with your number picks and find out in a week?
Old 04-15-2018, 05:50 PM

I'd say it's a copy, the one on the left is a little fuzzy. The odds of the same numbers coming up like that are impossible.

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-15-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I'd say it's a copy, the one on the left is a little fuzzy. The odds of the same numbers coming up like that are impossible.
Except one for the western 649 and the other is the regular 649?
Old 04-15-2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Pretty easy to do, make a copy cut the numbers out, clear tape on the numbers over the numbers that are there and make another copy.

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-17-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Not actually 6/49. They are western lotto max and regular lotto max.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:50 PM

[QUOTE=zabbo;3772000]Not actually 6/49. They are western lotto max and regular lotto max. [/QUOTE

I have two here now just like those ones
we you play both & pick your numbers
the quick picks below are the same sets of numbers
I thought it was weird at first but happens every time I get them

Orv
Old 04-15-2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Unless the lottery is fixed. The extra numbers are different and some of the other digits on the tickets are different too.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 04-15-2018, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
Unless the lottery is fixed. [...]
You kidding me? At 14.7 million to one, darn rights it's fixed. By definition. Otherwise they wouldn't be in the lottery business. The house always has the edge, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it.

Find some financial derivatives play, pool your spare cash into it with a dozen others, and guaranteed your odds will still be orders of magnitude better than in any official or illegal lottery.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Does look at little odd doesn't it? The odds of the correct 6/49 ticket are 14.7 million to 1. Having the same 3 numbers combinations show up on the same day for different lotto's would be astronomical. Or...there's something fishy in the system. Why would someone fake a ticket that wasn't a winner? Or maybe there is a winner here, just wasn't claimed. Now that would really suck.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:04 PM

The 2nd control number under the date on both tickets is the same 1267

The tickets were bought at the same time one for the western and the regular they both aren't for the same draw, the computer printed the same numbers on both tickets
Old 04-15-2018, 06:11 PM

I'm still waiting for someone to explain this guy's luck.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...puted-1.803229

Grizz
Old 04-16-2018, 06:44 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
He should buy a lottery ticket. The odds of that are astronomical.
X2
Old 04-16-2018, 08:07 PM

The two tickets are of a quick pic sheet,happens daily on those 2 draws.Buy both and the same numbers will appear on both tickets,if you pic them on a sheet and put in both draws the same appears on both tickets,except the extra is always different.Better odds for not winning,because no 2 draws will likely both be the same.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:24 PM

The odds of 7 numbers, in three sequences to repeat, in ANY order is simply not statistically conceivable.

It's Fake.

As far the actual odds .... it's gotta be something like a one in

.....49,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,013

lol
Old 04-15-2018, 05:49 PM

Must be, I have never won
Old 04-15-2018, 05:58 PM

And the extras are different numbers

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2018, 02:01 PM
Banned

I don't believe in lottery
Old 06-17-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pare View Post
I don't believe in lottery
You would if suddenly $1 million was gifted to you if you
walked into a store being the millionth customer awarded prize..
Old 06-18-2018, 07:26 AM

Rigged so that most wins are in Ontario and Quebec. The odd win in other provinces just to make it look good. Call it transfer payments if you will.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim473 View Post
Rigged so that most wins are in Ontario and Quebec. The odd win in other provinces just to make it look good. Call it transfer payments if you will.
One might think that based on seeing more wins from those provinces, but it averages out quite evenly by population/ tickets sold. Quebec and Ontario have such higher populations that it’s going to happen and give off that impression . I think Quebec also tends to buy more tickets per capita.

The lottery takes great measures to ensure fairness, they employ a team of investigators (mostly former police) to check into things. Common cheat scenarios are with ticket vendors who might tell someone that they won a smaller amount than they really did, pay that person a modest $100 or so and then claim the full prize through a proxy (spouse, relative, etc). They keep a close eye on the vendors.

Another common tactic is a person who has a legitimate win but decides it’s a good time to leave their spouse and not let them know of the win, making the claim months after the break up close to the 1 year window for the claim. This will also generally be found out, but if it is not noted prior to payout the other spouse will generally get their half through the courts. For larger wins the claimant has to sign a release which states details about their marital or common law status, or if anyone else might have a claim to a share of the winnings (group buy with friends or family, office pool, etc) if their statement was a lie then it will work against them in court and they’d wind up with less than had they simply paid those other parties their shares, because now they’ll also be out legal fees for their own defense and the others will still receive their fair share.

People claiming larger prizes may also be asked if they recall which store they bought the ticket at, sometimes these things can have relevance. On occasion for unclaimed prizes they might even find out who the winner was by teaming up with the store that sold the winning ticket and cross checking till reciepts and security camera footage to match the time the ticket was sold. This might tie to a debit or credit card or even a store loyalty program. I will often buy lottery when fuelling up at co-op, they’d be able to match that winning ticket to the till purchase time and my co-op # and award me a prize even if I had lost the ticket. It could be muddied up if numerous tickets were printed for people lined up at both tills, but it would be narrowed down from the population of Canada to perhaps 4 people max. That could be cross checked with security video though, if it’s retained that long.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
One might think that based on seeing more wins from those provinces, but it averages out quite evenly by population/ tickets sold. Quebec and Ontario have such higher populations that it’s going to happen and give off that impression . I think Quebec also tends to buy more tickets per capita.

The lottery takes great measures to ensure fairness, they employ a team of investigators (mostly former police) to check into things. Common cheat scenarios are with ticket vendors who might tell someone that they won a smaller amount than they really did, pay that person a modest $100 or so and then claim the full prize through a proxy (spouse, relative, etc). They keep a close eye on the vendors.

Another common tactic is a person who has a legitimate win but decides it’s a good time to leave their spouse and not let them know of the win, making the claim months after the break up close to the 1 year window for the claim. This will also generally be found out, but if it is not noted prior to payout the other spouse will generally get their half through the courts. For larger wins the claimant has to sign a release which states details about their marital or common law status, or if anyone else might have a claim to a share of the winnings (group buy with friends or family, office pool, etc) if their statement was a lie then it will work against them in court and they’d wind up with less than had they simply paid those other parties their shares, because now they’ll also be out legal fees for their own defense and the others will still receive their fair share.

People claiming larger prizes may also be asked if they recall which store they bought the ticket at, sometimes these things can have relevance. On occasion for unclaimed prizes they might even find out who the winner was by teaming up with the store that sold the winning ticket and cross checking till reciepts and security camera footage to match the time the ticket was sold. This might tie to a debit or credit card or even a store loyalty program. I will often buy lottery when fuelling up at co-op, they’d be able to match that winning ticket to the till purchase time and my co-op # and award me a prize even if I had lost the ticket. It could be muddied up if numerous tickets were printed for people lined up at both tills, but it would be narrowed down from the population of Canada to perhaps 4 people max. That could be cross checked with security video though, if it’s retained that long.
And that's why I came home last Sunday morning and told the wife "I just won the lottery, $12! Here's $6 - get out!"

Ha ha ha.... 😂

J.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post

Do you believe everything the Gov tells you ? Just kidding.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.