Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-04-2010, 02:35 PM

Default calgarysportsman show

Anyone thinkin of going to the sportsman show I have a pair of tixs good for any day for 20 bucks iam in airdrie...Thanxs Dave
Old 02-04-2010, 08:01 PM

just got back and i found it uneventful, and pricey. the parking is now $12 more than last year. there was a few empty spots on the floor and some stuff had nothing to do with fishing and hunting, especially the girl wearing nothing but a blue bikini vegas show girl outfit promoting something. not exactly family friendly especially with all of the kids walking by with the parents but was enough to distract me. lol
Old 02-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Banned

Default Waste of Time

For some reason I go every year and just get more and more disappointed. Tell what does 10 or more booths of Chiroquacks and foot doctors have to do with a spotmen's show?
There is very little, 2 -3 booths that most avid hunters and fishermen might find helpful, the rest a waste of time.
Finally watching dogs jump in a pond of water to fetch a stick, really exciting, what a waste.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:41 AM

Default sportsman show

You know I just thought I would give somebody the chance to save a couple of bucks, well if it was such a dissapointment, maybe Ill win the 5000 bucks for the shopping spree as iam 1 of 30 finalists....So thats why iam going and my kids like to fish in the ponds do the minnow races. With that being said I find it enjoyable every year..
Old 02-05-2010, 09:47 AM

I was there on Thursday and I must admit it was a little pricy, what with parking $12 (I could have taken the train), $12 admission ($10 with a win card or proof of; ie fishing licence), bought the latest 2 issues of A.O. $5, a cheepo pair of binoculars (10x25, actually quite clear and pocket size)$10, saw the blue bikini ( stuffing and all, very distracting ) that I have seen on just about any public beach I've had the pleasure to be on, and my real splurge, $20 (I was going give $10 but I didn't have any change) donated to the wild bird folks down Lethbridge way, ( where else would a person be able to touch/pet an actual live golden eagle, or have a real live burrowing owl sit on your hand be able to pet it?). It was fairly quiet mid afternoon, and you may not be able to get that close all weekend, but even so you won't often get that close to those or any of the other owls or the kestrel.

$57 total. I could have spent more on raffle tickets etc., but that was enough. The birds of prey alone were worth it for me. Some other things, take it or leave it. It's all what YOU make it!!
Old 02-05-2010, 10:02 AM

Default sportsman show

you bet zabbo, and if the parking is what everone is complaing about take the ctrain and if you have a family of 4 it will cost more than 12 bucks return trip..the 8yr old really enjoys the birds of prey as well...