View Poll Results: Do you believe in Sasquatch and it is in our province?>
No, not a chance! 326 32.34%
Yes, I believe! 249 24.70%
Possibly, but I need to see the proof. 351 34.82%
Who is this AlbertaSasquatch guy and what is he thinking? 82 8.13%
Voters: 1008. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2009, 02:31 PM

Talking Hunters, Anglers and Sasquatch

Hello everyone, let me first introduce myself. My name is Rob and I live here in Central Alberta. I am a husband, father, business owner, hunter, angler, and here it comes......Sasquatch researcher here in Alberta.

The reason I bring this up is because I got to thinking, who are the most likely people to have a sighting, see a footprint, or simply have a strange encounter?

So then I started thinking about who is out in the woods more than anyone else? The answer was simple. Hunters/Anglers/Hikers make up the biggest percentage of people that are in the woods on a regular basis.

Now, I buy Alberta Outdoorsmen religously, no I don't subscribe, I pay the high shelf price lol. I have always known that there was a forum here but I never thought to use it as a resource to collect more reports from the people that are out there the most.

So I am asking for you members that have had strange things happen to you, whether it is something you saw, heard or simply felt to come forward and let me know about it. You can PM me and I promise, your privacy is my number one concern, or you can check out my website at albertasasquatch.com, just remember it is still a work in progress and maybe some of you can help me out. Thank you guys/gals, I really do appreciate any kind of information you can send my way!

AlbertaSasquatch
Old 09-02-2009, 02:39 PM

I can't believe I forgot you guys/gals, but to all you trappers out there, I apologize. You should probably be number one on my list of people most likely to have a Sasquatch experience!
Old 09-02-2009, 02:44 PM

Saw your website....plan to check in often.
Very intriguing to me, although, officially, my jury is still out.....
Old 09-02-2009, 02:46 PM

pretty neat even if you don't believe.....but next time you are in the bush and hear some strange noises then coyotes calls, instead of blaming yotes first, pick up to good sticks and bang them together, 2 or 3 times, then wait a minute or two, and do it again. bang them nice and loud. IF you hear some banging back, wait a few more minutes then do it again. you will find over the course of the night the response will get closer and closer.

That is my "strange happening"
and I dont care who knows. lol

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 09-02-2009, 02:59 PM

I am hoping to get another Sasquatch.....the taxidermist really screwed up when he did the first one I shot....the ears are all wrong etc etc
Old 09-02-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
I am hoping to get another Sasquatch.....the taxidermist really screwed up when he did the first one I shot....the ears are all wrong etc etc
LMFAO
Old 09-02-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Haha. Huntin you never fail to find a way to knock all the seriousness out of a topic. We need a couple guys like you at work to lighten the mood a bit.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbosch View Post
Haha. Huntin you never fail to find a way to knock all the seriousness out of a topic. We need a couple guys like you at work to lighten the mood a bit.
You should see me when Im sober!!!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 03:45 PM

Truthfully, the only way people will ever fully believe in the existence of Bigfoot is if one is shot or found dead and brought in for DNA testing. There are WAY too many videos or stories that turn out to be fake. But that would take one BIG set of marbles to pull the trigger on a giant, hairy, human-like figure while out in the bush. I don't think I could be the guy that does that.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfish View Post
Truthfully, the only way people will ever fully believe in the existence of Bigfoot is if one is shot or found dead and brought in for DNA testing. There are WAY too many videos or stories that turn out to be fake. But that would take one BIG set of marbles to pull the trigger on a giant, hairy, human-like figure while out in the bush. I don't think I could be the guy that does that.
From the stories over the years, it sounds like you wil have to pull the trigger a number of times. I have read that they have been shot then getup and run, screaming. I agree tho, I couldn't pull the trigger either

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 09-02-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
You should see me when Im sober!!!!!
The thought scares me a little actually..
Old 09-02-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbosch View Post
The thought scares me a little actually..
Good point......

"barkeep......one JD on the rocks, hold the ice
Old 09-02-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBrain View Post
From the stories over the years, it sounds like you wil have to pull the trigger a number of times. I have read that they have been shot then getup and run, screaming. I agree tho, I couldn't pull the trigger either
I remember reading a story once of a native shooting (and killing) one off the coast of BC near Bella Coola a LONG time ago. When he went to drag it to the canoe, the woods exploded with the screams and cries of others nearby. In the end he ended up leaving it, or so the story goes.

As a side note, what caliber would be considered minimum for sasquatch? Maybe huntinstuff can enlighten us.

Last edited by pdfish; 09-02-2009 at 04:17 PM. Reason: gotta love redundancy
Old 09-02-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBrain View Post
pretty neat even if you don't believe.....but next time you are in the bush and hear some strange noises then coyotes calls, instead of blaming yotes first, pick up to good sticks and bang them together, 2 or 3 times, then wait a minute or two, and do it again. bang them nice and loud. IF you hear some banging back, wait a few more minutes then do it again. you will find over the course of the night the response will get closer and closer.

That is my "strange happening"
and I dont care who knows. lol
Echo...echo...echooooooooo

I know they are supposedly protected, but if one was coming toward me, I would be inclined to shoot, thats after I made sure it wasn't my uncle. My grandpa had to kill a bear with an axe while out chopping fire wood, another with a 22. when it attacked his camp, so I dont think the caliber is an issue, im sure a pure silver bullet from a 25 pounder howitzer would suffice, followed by the top of the line laser guided wooden spike to the heart. I would be sure to make sure what I was sure what I was looking at, you mess up on identifications some times, for example, when I was about 4, I punched my cousin in the face, I then said: "OH!! Im sorry Paige, I thought you were a wolf!" ... Everyone makes mistakes Just remember to check hair density before the shot, also what works with my uncle, swish some coffee in your mug, if its my uncle, he'll speed up, if its sasquatch... well... we'll have to do more research to deside on his reaction...
To aid in your education on sasquatch awareness, I present you this short educational film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJF0cuYbYyI
Old 09-02-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfish View Post

As a side note, what caliber would be considered minimum for sasquatch?
A 38-55 Winchester has proven itself in the past.

For the hunting story click here;

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=9552
Old 09-02-2009, 04:46 PM

I know one exists but I don't have any pics of the M-I-L to prove it to you
Old 09-02-2009, 04:57 PM

I have size 17 feet. When I was youger we were causing trouble around town. I put on a halloween mask, then stood barefoot in an old ladies flower bed and looked through the window at her watching TV, just long enough for her to notice me. When she did, I made sure to get out of there quickly. She came out to investigate and we could hear her and her husband talking about the large foot prints in the dirt.

It never made the paper, but we did hear rumours around town for awhile.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:04 PM

Great replies everybody!! Fish, thanks for the story! Huntinstuff, your too funny!!

As far as hunting Sasquatch, I think there is only one place that it is illegal and that is in Skamania county in Washington State. It's a $10'000 fine and 90 days in jail I believe.

As far as calibre, there is no proof from the past, otherwise we would have a body, so basically go as big as you can LOL!!

Which leads to the question, if you were hunkered down on a cutline, let's say 3 miles from the nearest road, and you are deer hunting, and let's just pretend that one of these creatures staggers out onto the cutline stops one hundred yards away, doesn't know you are there and gives you a perfect head shot, are you going to shoot it? Just a little food for thought!
Old 09-02-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassy Eyed Stare View Post
A 38-55 Winchester has proven itself in the past.

For the hunting story click here;

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=9552
A good follow after reading this above quoted report is this interview with a
British Columbia Wildlife Biologist;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4gHoFdn_lc
Old 09-02-2009, 05:32 PM

Not Only do I beleave were , not the only ones on this planet , I beleave theres gotta be some creatures out there .

After going out and scouting today , I heard a little rustleing threw the bush. I thought it was a moose , All I could see is Dark fur . And then I froze , and missed a shot with the bow , as it was a good 80 yard shot . All I could hear was crunch crunch crunch crunch . And it was gone .

Apprently someone got em ,
Old 09-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Albertahog

Sasquatch I dont think so .
Old 09-02-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaSasquatch View Post
Which leads to the question, if you were hunkered down on a cutline, let's say 3 miles from the nearest road, and you are deer hunting, and let's just pretend that one of these creatures staggers out onto the cutline stops one hundred yards away, doesn't know you are there and gives you a perfect head shot, are you going to shoot it? Just a little food for thought!

Only with a camera.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:55 PM

Good answer Mangler!!
Old 09-02-2009, 05:57 PM

I submit that our very own BigbadJohn may well be an example of a computer-literate hairless (or molting) Sasquatch. Someone should ear tag and radio-collar him so we can collect data to submit to Fish & Wildlife. A DNA sample would be most safely collected from his saliva left on the rim of a can of Kokanee.

( Nice try at redirecting our attention with the old 'head-in-a-cooler' trick John, but we're onto you)
Old 09-02-2009, 06:28 PM

Default They are out there

Back in the early 80 ies i was out fishing for white fish way back in the east end of spray lakes it was a cool slushy snowing day and out comes from the tree line this very weird looking creature ,no it was,nt a bear it came down to the river and drank water with its two hands and WALKED up right back into the bush, so right away I went to the spot where i seen it travel and figured i would look at the tracks the ground had slushy snow on it and the tracks where there I tried to remove a foot print fer evidence but had no luck till this day I beleive what I saw was bigfoot.

Another encounter was last year hunting in 308 along 22x been hunting there in the same spot for many years ,and a rancher down there swears that he,s know where there live ,anyhow are camp is approx 4 miles south of this rancher ,here,s what happened we took are camp in and left the wall tent laying unfolded on the ground and went up the cutline approx 400 yrds to collect a truck load of wood for the stove and when we came back there was these huge foot prints all over the tent (muddy footprints) its like this thing was wating us and during that night we layed in are cots staring and trying to figure out what kind of tracks these where ,then about 11.00 pm these huge ugly screaming noise lets out I tell it sure makes me think fellows them tracks are still on that tent ceiling and I should take a picture of them before they fade away.

So yes I do beleive that they are out there no dought in my mind from my experience,s
Old 09-02-2009, 06:37 PM

Here is an article in this link titled "Sasquatches in Our Woods", it's by the same Biologist in those links above here;

http://www.albertasasquatchsightingr...our_Woods.html
Old 09-02-2009, 06:49 PM

I've always wished they were real....
Old 09-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Banned

I can possibly see them avoiding humans but how come one never gets caught on a trail cam?
Old 09-02-2009, 07:11 PM

Here is a Deer hunters trail cam pics.

First bear cubs, then a few minutes later something else showed up.

These pics are in here;
http://www.bfro.net/avevid/jacobs/jacobs_photos.asp

Old 09-02-2009, 07:17 PM

Here is a glimpse of some kind of critter;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS4jbSe-AlM

Tags
bigfoot sasquatch