Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-26-2013, 04:55 PM

Arrow Gull Lake & Winchell Lake this month

Got out to both of these beautiful, nearby spots within the past couple/few weeks after some recommendations. Ok, no fish pics, but enjoying nature is half the fun. Thank you to everyone who helps me with suggestions, advice etc.

Winchell: (2-3 weeks ago)
Was only out for a few hours, though no catches, a few bites and tons of fish jumping around. Only saw a couple other people catch fish, just some tiny ones. Biggest ones I saw jumping were maybe 8 or 9 inches but I'm looking forward to going back later in August or so when they're a bit bigger. I'm sure there's already bigger ones deeper though. If you dare to try hip-waders here be very careful, I wouldn't do it again kept getting stuck. Had a good raft which worked much better in the end. Very small lake but still worth it, so quiet and peaceful.
image.jpg

Gull: (1-2 weeks ago)
Much bigger and just as beautiful. I likely would have caught something had that crazy storm not tried to kill me in my boat.. But some men I spoke to after managing to get back to shore, told me they were catching some good sized pike, walleye and whites boating earlier. For the bit before that I got a couple good bites on the five of diamonds but then the storm rolled in worse than expected. Will be going back very soon.

Fishing this wknd south of Calgary haven't decided where yet, so many good recommendations so little time. Also doing a day trip to check out Dickson Trout Pond this wknd. Will let you know what I see

Thank you to everyone for your recommendations and advice
Old 07-26-2013, 05:15 PM

Gotcha. Working near Winchell right now and wanting to give it a try. Is the only access from the county road on the north side ? I see what looks like a boat dock when I drive by, or is that another lake ? Seems to be no shortage of water in that valley, not to mention a garbage raiding black bear.

Grizz
Old 07-26-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Gotcha. Working near Winchell right now and wanting to give it a try. Is the only access from the county road on the north side ? I see what looks like a boat dock when I drive by, or is that another lake ? Seems to be no shortage of water in that valley, not to mention a garbage raiding black bear.

Grizz
That is Winchell in the pic, I also tried to load one of Gull but wouldn't let me. That must be another lake you are seeing. There is no boat dock just a little launch area, coming out of the small parking area where people go out on their boats. I will check what I had for directions for you, but the only access I could find was the country road. The last couple minutes of the dirt road going down into the valley is a bit bumpy but you shouldn't have any problems even with a car.

Last edited by Cgy.girl; 07-26-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:41 PM

Go to
http://www.albertafishingguide.com/l...chell-lake#map and there is a link you can click that will give you directions from wherever you are, hope that helps