Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-23-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
All comes down to the fact that if you want to play on their land then you gotta play by their rules , simple as that . No need to get bitter or ugly about it . Those of you hunting on it are fortunate to do so , as sikwhiskey says , it is truly some of the last untouched lands left here in the south that remains undisturbed by the plow .. Let's hope it stays that way .
Exactly.

If they choose to allow access only to those that draw an elk tag in that zone, so be it. We should just be glad that the oppourtunity is there. They could just as easily say No Hunting, Period. I've been fortunate enough to hunt the KR twice, once with my own tag, once as an observer (both hunts were successful in taking nice bull elk). It's pretty cool to get to hunt such a large parcel of untouched native grass, with abundant wildlife. The ranch staff were very accomadating, both times.

To the OP, you only have two days left in your season. To head out on foot, with no idea where the elk are on the ranch, could be a very tall order. You might get lucky, but it's a long shot. I would suggest, as mentioned above, get ahold of the Lethbridge F&G (I believe that the contact number is in the paperwork that the ranch provides for permission/waivers etc.), pay the $100/day, and get them to take you out. Without a doubt your best chance at getting a bull, and you'll be glad you did if you end up getting one.