Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 01-30-2009, 12:54 AM
Banned

Default SOLD - BC registered Trapline for sale

SOLD - Pending Funds

The Trapline has sold pending funds... Thank you to all those that expressed interest..

Best regards

Mike

=====================================
BC registered trapline for sale - Monashee Range - E of Enderby, N of Lumby and SW of Revelstoke, 5 hour drive from Calgary.

Trapline encompasses ~ 700 km2 (275 sq. miles)of a mixture of old growth spruce/cedar/hemlock/sub-alpine/regen, good marten and lynx, w/ bobcat, mink, otter, fisher, ermine, coyote, wolverine, and wolves. Region 8, good trail system (old logging roads), 80 kms of lake shoreline and many more kms of fish bearing streams - the lake has several species of salmon plus dolly varden, rainbow trout, burbot and others... The trapline also has cougar, black bears, grizzly bears, mountain goats, lots of whitetail and mule deer and much of it is in a known moose winter range... Big snow country.

No existing cabins but lots of good sites... Sandy beaches on the lake or alpine lakes... your choice... On a line of this size you are allowed 1 main cabin and up to two line cabins...

No oil and gas development... And because the trapline is in the interior cedar/hemlock and sub-alpine engelmann spruce ecoregions, there is very little pine and therefor no pine beetle...

BC trapping regulations do not require BC residency in order to have a BC trappers license or to own a register trapline in BC...

I've added a photo I took earlier this week from the south end of the trapline - the north end of the line is 65 kilometers north from where this photo was taken... And that is almost all old growth spruce/sub-alpine fir forests you can see in the middle ground... I've also included a map of the trapline.

$30,000 OBO

PM me for details

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0682_opt.jpg (53.9 KB, 540 views)
File Type: jpg Mabel Lake Trapline_opt2.jpg (51.5 KB, 461 views)

Last edited by msawyer; 03-10-2009 at 11:39 AM. Reason: updates
Old 02-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Banned

Default Trapline for sale

Btt
Old 02-20-2009, 11:44 AM

What is access like and what would the corner coordinates be so I can check it out on google earth
Old 02-21-2009, 01:13 AM

Default Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traps View Post
What is access like and what would the corner coordinates be so I can check it out on google earth
I think this is what you're looking for.

Looks really nice.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Banned

Traps et al...

The trapline has a network of older haul roads that run east off the Mabel Lake Forest Service roads that runs up the east side of Mabel Lake. The Mabel Lake Forest Service road runs from Lumby in the south past Mabel Lake to Three Valley Gap on the Transcanada Highway. The road is maintained and plowed from Lumby to Mabel Lake Provincial Park which is at the south end of Mabel Lake. North of there the Mabel Lake Forest Service road is either not plowed or plowed when there is a need (ie timber harvesting). This year it has not been plowed. All of the side roads are not plowed... To date this has been a below average year for snowfall but there is still several meters of snow up high...

The bottomline is that you have two, maybe three, options to access the line. One from Three Valley Gap off the TCH - from there the north end of the line is 11 km south. In most years this would be by skidioo. Two is from Lumby by way of Vernon... You could drive to the south end of Mabel Lake and then access the line by skidoo. The third option would be to access the west side of the lake via Enderby but then you would have to access the line by boat,,, In most years the lake does not freeze until after the new year, if at all...

Three Valley Gap is 430 km from Calgary, all on the TCH. Mabel Lake via Lumby is 610 km from Calgary on paved roads.

Hope this helps

Mike

Last edited by msawyer; 02-21-2009 at 10:39 AM. Reason: updates
Old 02-21-2009, 08:26 PM

Quota?
Old 02-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Banned

There is no quota on furbearers that are open in Region 8. This includes marten, lynx, bobcat, mink, otter, weasel, coyote, beaver, raccoon, muskrat, squirrel. Wolves are plentiful in the area and there is talk about opening them up for a season... Fisher, wolverine and fox are closed in Region 8
Old 02-22-2009, 03:55 PM

Default Trapline

Have you trapped this line, If so for how many years ?
Old 02-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Banned

No, I have not trapped the line... I had just bought the line and then found another line in northwestern BC (Isuk River area) that was more what I was looking for... As BC does not allow a person to own more than one registered trapline (unless they are adjacent) I have to sell one of the two lines I have purchased...

The information I have provided was information I collected during my due diligence prior to purchasing the Mabel Lake trapline. During that review I have consulted with Government Biologists, local timber companies, trappers who hold the adjacent traplines, local trapping experts and spent time traveling around the trapline on skidoo... To the best of my knowledge, the information I have provided is accurate and verifiable...

Hope this helps

Best regards

Mike
Old 03-03-2009, 07:59 PM

Have you sold this trapline yet?
Old 03-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Banned

Hello all..

The trapline has not sold as of yet but there are several parties who are poking around, including going out onto the trapline with skidoos for an up close and personal look...

I'm in Calgary and have good maps of the area. PM me if you would like to get together to go over the maps and discus the line...

Best regards

Mike
Old 03-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Banned

Default SOLD - Pending Funds

The Trapline has sold pending funds... Thank you to all those that expressed interest..

Best regards

Mike