Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-01-2024, 11:52 AM

Default Experience with auto-body shop in Westlock

Hello all. So, I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with Precision Autobody in Westlock? I was told it would take 4-5 days to re-finish, ( strip, fill a few tiny dents, re-paint to match rest of pick-up).on the rear quarter panel of my truck. 8 working days after I brought the truck in and still waiting to get it back. Never had this kind of work done before, so not really sure what to expect, as far as time to do the work goes. I live an hour away, otherwise I would show up at their door every morning and 10 minutes before they close with a hope-full look on my face. lol. They seem like really nice people, so I don't want to create hurt feelings. Thanks for your input.
Old 03-01-2024, 11:56 AM

Never used them but did you do the research before choosing them? BBB, Google, friends and neighbours? Their Google reviews are pretty much all really good but there are only 18 of them. If you did, have you called the owner or manager to see what the deal is. They are nearly double the time estimate. As long as a guy is friendly and polite I cannot see any harm in asking for an update. Could be as simple as someone off sick.
Old 03-01-2024, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Never used them but did you do the research before choosing them? BBB, Google, friends and neighbours? Their Google reviews are pretty much all really good but there are only 18 of them. If you did, have you called the owner or manager to see what the deal is. They are nearly double the time estimate. As long as a guy is friendly and polite I cannot see any harm in asking for an update. Could be as simple as someone off sick.
Yeah, The reviews seemed pretty good, that I could find. I did call on Tuesday and was told I should have it back today. I think they are a little short staffed. I better call them again, today. Especially since my wife said I should. lol. Thanks for your input, Dean.
Old 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM

So, issue looks resolved. Picking up truck in an hour or so. I had a feeling if I posted something, the issue would fix itself, thereby making me feel a little foolish. Lack of patience on my part, I guess. Thanks
Old 03-01-2024, 02:45 PM

Glad it is back on track. Sometimes a guy just needs someone esle to bounce stiff off or vent a bit. This is a good place for that. Lots of us here with pretty limited patience.
Old 03-01-2024, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris762 View Post
Yeah, The reviews seemed pretty good, that I could find. I did call on Tuesday and was told I should have it back today. I think they are a little short staffed. I better call them again, today. Especially since my wife said I should. lol. Thanks for your input, Dean.
I would bet this is was your issue. If so, the shop could have gave you a heads up too. Glad your getting it back.
Old 03-02-2024, 07:41 AM

So how does it look?

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2024, 08:06 AM

Everytime I’m in westlock I see a bunch of older trucks all in nice shape with zero rust showing. I’ve often thought they must have a good body shop in town…. Or they don’t use salt in that county.
Old 03-03-2024, 04:48 AM

LOL - RUN !

Expect to pay well beyond top dollar !
Old 03-03-2024, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
So how does it look?

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
Truck turned out great!! Thanks for asking. Paint matches, no runs, no tiny dents and matching shiny chrome. The inside is even much cleaner than when I brought it in! So, in the end, a very happy customer. I would recommend them, definitely. Kind of crazy how attached a person can become to their vehicle. lol.....
Old 03-03-2024, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves1 View Post
LOL - RUN !

Expect to pay well beyond top dollar !
Too late to run! lol. They did a great job, I think, for the price. Had an estimate in my home town for about $700.00 more than these guys charged, so actually pretty happy how everything turned out.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Piker View Post
Everytime I’m in westlock I see a bunch of older trucks all in nice shape with zero rust showing. I’ve often thought they must have a good body shop in town…. Or they don’t use salt in that county.
Yeah, I don't know about the salt. But you're right, definitely alot of really nice older vehicles around that area.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I would bet this is was your issue. If so, the shop could have gave you a heads up too. Glad your getting it back.
Thanks, Sooner. I am really happy, ( and so is my wife, lol). All in all, it was a good experience.
Old 03-04-2024, 10:19 AM

Glad to hear you got it back and are happy with the job. Looks like Google was right.