Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-19-2017, 12:40 PM

Default The pin has been pulled

Well many won't care about this, I must put it out here anyway for the few that will care...after many many many health issues I have had over the last few years, and now with my mom who is fighting hard to stave off dementia, and a real nice fella who has been trying to buy our 1/4 section up here in the wonderful peace country for just over 2 years...I have turned his offers down 3 times during that time, we have never put our place up for sale, but now here we are...moved out and moved into our Motorhome with slightly less stuff. I am not sure where we are going or what our plan is...if any, other than go help mom out as best I can. I guess we are now homeless/gypsy/hippies...or something close to that...the family that I finally said yes to consists of a great man, a very strong woman,and three of the cutest little girls who are overjoyed at their new big yard...they were running and playing and just doing what kids do...this family is going through a very tough time right now that no parents should have to go through..that is what made me say yes...this is a healing place and they need it...ask Thunderheart, he has been here and knows what mean. So I am writing this from my Motorhome and I actually feel pretty good about letting my dream property go to such a fine and deserving family...sorry for carrying on but this is the longest I have rooted down in my life right here straight east of Nampa Ab...now, all that is in the past...sometimes you just gotta do what's right at the time....
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 07-19-2017, 12:42 PM

Thanks for sharing and good luck!
Old 07-19-2017, 12:50 PM

Glad something meaningful has come out of selling your property. Good luck and best wishes.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:17 PM

In spite of the junk you've gone thru, you have always stayed positive and contributing. A lot of people could learn from you. Hope things go in the right direction.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:18 PM

Wish you well!

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:27 PM

All the best Zip . Thank you for your encouragement to me over the past couple of years. If ya end up travelling east in your motor home let me know. My wife and I have been part time living in our RV with a lot less stuff since last June, its not so bad !
Old 07-19-2017, 01:37 PM

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like the family you sold to, and yourselves, were meant to find each other. They for having found what sounds like a beautiful property to raise their girls on, and you for having the sting of leaving lessened by knowing it's going to be enjoyed by them for years to come.

Best of luck in your adventures, good health, and healing thoughts for your mom.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistagin View Post
All the best Zip . Thank you for your encouragement to me over the past couple of years. If ya end up travelling east in your motor home let me know. My wife and I have been part time living in our RV with a lot less stuff since last June, its not so bad !
You inspire me Mr Mistagin...hopefully we will see you, that would be good for me...
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 07-19-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Racks View Post
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like the family you sold to, and yourselves, were meant to find each other. They for having found what sounds like a beautiful property to raise their girls on, and you for having the sting of leaving lessened by knowing it's going to be enjoyed by them for years to come.

Best of luck in your adventures, good health, and healing thoughts for your mom.
Thank you for all the kind words, and yes we all feel like this was supposed to be....this family have been through a lifetime of hurt already and they are all so young...this was their home the minute we bought it 25 years ago...not sure how or why, but I love it when a plan comes together.
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 07-19-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
In spite of the junk you've gone thru, you have always stayed positive and contributing. A lot of people could learn from you. Hope things go in the right direction.
Thanks...I hope things get better as well, we could all use some good in life, there are lots of doors to open..
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 07-19-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWO View Post
Glad something meaningful has come out of selling your property. Good luck and best wishes.

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 07-19-2017, 02:40 PM
Gone Hunting

What can I say? There is so much I would like to say but don't have the words for.

I wish you and your mother the best, and I will be praying for you both.

If you need a place to park for a while, I have a big yard far from town.

Jim

George Bernard Shaw
Old 07-19-2017, 04:37 PM
Banned

I am glad you are comfortable with the new owners of your ponderosa. It was a beautiful place that you and Lois can be proud of. Enjoy your traveling life style. Sounds like a new chapter of many.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
I am glad you are comfortable with the new owners of your ponderosa. It was a beautiful place that you and Lois can be proud of. Enjoy your traveling life style. Sounds like a new chapter of many.
Things happened so fast for us Bud, we were both running in circles since the start of 2017, one bad thing after the other and it continues.. There is a very dark cloud following our family and friends this entire year so far... I didn't even get over to see ya, I'm not happy bout that.. But things have to fall into place soon, "there is always sunshine after even the darkest of clouds!"
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 07-19-2017, 06:51 PM

Just jump in the motor home and drive out of it!
Seems to be about your best bet , sorry to hear however , hopefully all will work out for the best ,Zip
Cat
Old 07-19-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Racks View Post

Well after this I have nothin....

Well said Racks...

Zip wish you all the best, keep us posted, good on ya bud. A great breath of fresh air story here finally. Love it.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:01 PM

Last edited by hayseed; 07-19-2017 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Double post..
Old 07-19-2017, 07:16 PM

I've never meet you Zip, but I truely enjoy your thread about how life goes on paths unknown.

The Peace area I've visited many a times over the years,,, it's like God's country up there. The large Johnson family that I meet are from up there.

Any Who,,, your story reminds minds me of my North Carolina friend called "Homeless Dan some where in America..." This could be your new handle with the added in word Zip. LOL,,, That's laugh out loud if your not into these slang letter things.

It sounds like you've had some luck on your side over the years,,, I'm sure the lands up there has put some challenges too you as well.

Long cold winters and some of the wett'est fall harvests known too the folks up there.
It sounds like you've weathered the storms well in life I'm hoping.

Best wishes brother Zip as life some times takes us places unknown,,, if we see blue skies on rainy Gray days, then nothing will prevent us from at least trying this thing called change.

The spirit of our mind will dictate where we want too be or go.

Best of all too you, your Ma, and too your friends and family.

Small town boy Don

PS: Us farm folks always have the lands in our hearts no matter where we end up !!!
Old 07-19-2017, 07:58 PM

Nampa and the peace country is a beautiful place. Wish you all the best.

BW

Last edited by Bigwoodsman; 07-19-2017 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
Well many won't care about this, I must put it out here anyway for the few that will care...after many many many health issues I have had over the last few years, and now with my mom who is fighting hard to stave off dementia, and a real nice fella who has been trying to buy our 1/4 section up here in the wonderful peace country for just over 2 years...I have turned his offers down 3 times during that time, we have never put our place up for sale, but now here we are...moved out and moved into our Motorhome with slightly less stuff. I am not sure where we are going or what our plan is...if any, other than go help mom out as best I can. I guess we are now homeless/gypsy/hippies...or something close to that...the family that I finally said yes to consists of a great man, a very strong woman,and three of the cutest little girls who are overjoyed at their new big yard...they were running and playing and just doing what kids do...this family is going through a very tough time right now that no parents should have to go through..that is what made me say yes...this is a healing place and they need it...ask Thunderheart, he has been here and knows what mean. So I am writing this from my Motorhome and I actually feel pretty good about letting my dream property go to such a fine and deserving family...sorry for carrying on but this is the longest I have rooted down in my life right here straight east of Nampa Ab...now, all that is in the past...sometimes you just gotta do what's right at the time....
Zip
all the best to you and your family Zip (free wifi every town for you to keep in touch with AO on your travels)

Creeky....

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology
Old 07-19-2017, 08:08 PM

Zip-to-Zip .... the decision to move forward must of been a difficult one, however, when you reflect back it's just stuff and now you're on a new exciting adventure.

Perhaps when I'm done my bathroom reno project we can still get a green meeting in some time in August at Pigeon.

All the best ....

D.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
Things happened so fast for us Bud, we were both running in circles since the start of 2017, one bad thing after the other and it continues.. There is a very dark cloud following our family and friends this entire year so far... I didn't even get over to see ya, I'm not happy bout that.. But things have to fall into place soon, "there is always sunshine after even the darkest of clouds!"
Zip
Absolutely but it's not over til it's over. We'll get together when the time is right for both of us. Unfortunate about you mother. She seemed like she was throughly enjoying her golden years which is all one could ever ask. She's a heckuva nice lady.
Enjoy chasing the rays and maybe work on handicap. When I'm old enough I might join you on the links. Got a year or two yet though.
If you change your phone send me a text or call with your new number please.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:06 PM
Banned

Definitely an inspiring story for people to hear and I hope you find a better place than the home you left. Winters only a skip away, I wish you the best in your travels there sure is a lot to see
Old 07-19-2017, 10:10 PM

Zip, I can more than relate on what you're going through. Not the letting go of the dream property, but the parent suffering dimentia. I haven't found my dream property yet, but can honestly say I'd give it up without a second thought to have my mom back. Family is more than anything you could ever own, and really, in the end, we all just rent land anyway, can't take it with you. . .

You're a good man for doing what you did, and take pride in giving up your dream so someone else can have theirs. Many people wouldn't.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
x100

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 07-20-2017, 12:59 AM

Good luck and safe travels. Sounds like a deal that was meant to be. I'm impressed.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:54 AM

Good Morning all...
KegRiver, thank you so much for your kind words and offer of space to park in a yard far from town..that's the kinda yard I like, Thank you so much!

Cat...ya I know..just drive and don't look back, I'll try that for sure..Thank you!

Thank you hayseed, thank you Don Parsons for all the kind words, much appreciated.
Thank you Bigwoodsman,Creeky..ill be using that free wifi for sure..Thanks
Sooner, Tinda wolf...thank you all
Dewalt18 I'm so sorry that you know the affects of dementia..it is brutal sometimes but we are finding our way ever so slowly with Mom, she is a bit different now, but mom non the less and some days the spark is still there...thank you..

Zip-in-Z I will hold ya to that golf game....I hope that your Reno goes quickly before winter sets in on us...

Anyway Thank you all for the words of encouragement and the kind words mixed in there as well, i will tell my Mom that she has a bunch of outdoorsmen on her side and wishing her well...she will love that. I hope I did not miss anybody in my thanks as it is early for me and I'm not quite awake yet...but in a bit, I'll be on the Road again...
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 07-20-2017, 12:44 PM
Banned

Our buddy from Rycroft passes on well wishes and happy thoughts to you and the family. To bad the 3 of us couldn't of got together like we had planned but we'll make it happen someday when you least expect it.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:09 PM

The notion of not really knowing where you will be going and not really knowing or giving a damn where you are, is healing in and of itself. Pick a direction and head dat way-------> you never know what you will find.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
Our buddy from Rycroft passes on well wishes and happy thoughts to you and the family. To bad the 3 of us couldn't of got together like we had planned but we'll make it happen someday when you least expect it.
Agreed...lets keep that plan open, how hard can it be to get three guys together anyway...lol
Please stay in touch
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip