Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-27-2015, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
She is well within her rights to keep it.
If you don't like the rules, you can write a letter to your MLA.
And in the mean time, get off your high horse.
I think you're just jealous. Don't worry, I see this behavior all the time. Especially between my 2 and 4 year old girls.
Not jealous at all, in fact we got into some 20+ lbers this past weekend up north. I said nice fish, just wish they had thrown it back. I shouldn't get ridiculed for wanting to help preserve our fisheries. But yes of course she has the right to keep it and if it was hooked badly as Speckle mentioned then all the better. Funny how some people get all worked up over suggesting that throwing back a big old fish might be a good thing. Personally I throw almost every fish I catch back in the lake, stopped keeping them when i was about 14 years old, but that's just me. Have a nice day
Old 05-27-2015, 09:21 AM
Banned

Default peche mordida

There are many anglers on this forum who, over the years, have come to realize that posting their objections to killing big fish falls on deaf ears. That argument will never go away in an era where "my right" has become the popular slogan of those on a low-horse. blah blah blah blah a-jax

Diamondave: "Good thing no one asked for your opinion" either, but you felt compelled to share it. What a drag it would be if we were al the same.

Kill. Don't kill. It ain't nothin' to me. I am sure that dead fish will become 30 or 40 suppers; well into next year. Or a wall hanging.

Free
Old 05-27-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post
There are many anglers on this forum who, over the years, have come to realize that posting their objections to killing big fish falls on deaf ears. That argument will never go away in an era where "my right" has become the popular slogan of those on a low-horse. blah blah blah blah a-jax

Diamondave: "Good thing no one asked for your opinion" either, but you felt compelled to share it. What a drag it would be if we were al the same.

Kill. Don't kill. It ain't nothin' to me. I am sure that dead fish will become 30 or 40 suppers; well into next year. Or a wall hanging.

Free
.....55, it's not my right it is the law. They were perfectly in their rights to keep that fish, injured or not.
The rules are clear on this subject, if you post negative comments on someone's perfectly legal picture, you will get suspended or a warning.
If people don't like these pics to the point they feel compelled to make negative comments, they should do themselves a favour and just log off. Do everybody a favour......
I know this will fall on deaf ears as just bla bla bla
Old 05-27-2015, 11:41 AM
Banned

Default Right, another unsolicited comment

Good thing I'm deaf in the ear. I wouldn't want you to report my unsolicited comments.

It is a very good picture of a dead fish. Epic!

Free (and waiting for the ban hammer)
Old 05-27-2015, 09:01 PM

Amazing Fish, awesome story.

Good posts Speck!

It's ok to positively encourage certain practices and that's what forums are all about, you can always learn something. But we shouldn't jump to conclusions anytime we see a post. One of the largest pike I have a photo with, I found dead in the North Sask. It had a red devil in it's gills (the hook is still in my tackle box). No leader, so the unlucky angler never knew what they had.

For the record - I am super jealous.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:03 PM

Nice!!!
Old 05-28-2015, 07:58 AM
Banned

Awesome fish! Big congrats to the happy angler.

Shoulda posted a picture of a Kleenex box for the whiners tho, this way you would have had something for all members and there wouldn't be so much complaining.