Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Gone Hunting

Default Bud Haynes Gun Auction today

I went to the preview yesterday and there was not a whole lot that interested me. However there was a very sweet Ithica side by side 20 ga. It was a trimmed down youth or lady's type gun. (25 inch barrels and short stock)
I left late this morning just to watch the auction and see that no one stole the Ithica. ( I really do not need it but that hasn't stopped me from buying a few guns before)

Well I saw a yard sale along the way and had to stop in for a quick look. I locked my keys in my truck and had to wait for a toe truck outfit to come and open my door for me. Cost me over $100.00 for this life lesson. I went home instead of continuing to the auction. I sure hope I don't see later that the Ithica went for a couple hundred bucks.

Guess I'll go the the range and put some handloads through the Chrony and see how they group.

Have a good one!

Robin in Rocky
Old 05-24-2008, 03:56 PM

Robin. Having experienced clutziness firsthand myself on more than one occasion, I invested in a few of those magnetic hide-a-key containers. Now I have a much harder time locking myself out. Sometimes I'll tie wrap them in place too, after having found a suitable spot on the vehicles undercarriage. My Dodge is itching for a hide a key as well, but the danged key with the remote is too big for any of those containers, I'll have to have one without the remote cut for it to work. Last season on closing day, I had the truck running and went around to the passenger side to case up my rifle, somehow I'd brushed the power lock button and then was standing there like a doofus after returning to the drivers side, locked out of my running truck . Happily though, I hunt private land and went over to the ranchers door to call AMA; they invited me in and I had roast beef dinner and a nice chat while awaiting the locksmith.

As a sad aside, I just attended that very ranchers funeral this past Wednesday. He'd been killed by one of his own cows who came after him while he was herding her calf. Exactly how I'm not sure. A very sad day indeed. He was 68 and had ranched that property since moving there with his family when he was 8.

My apologies for the off topic hijack.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:00 PM

Default Bud Haynes

The prices will be on the web site in a day or two for everything.

I was going to head up, a lot of the late Dave Tomlinsons (NFA) collection was being sold today . Wonder what his cannon went for? (1800.00)
Puma

I see there were two Ithica SXS went through the sale, one @ 140.00 and one for 250.00

Last edited by Puma; 05-26-2008 at 09:43 PM.