Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-06-2008, 07:51 PM

Default H-S Precision Rifles

Thinking about treating myself to an H-S Precision, Pro Series Light weight in either 270WSM or 300WSM. I would like to hear some feedback from anyone out there who might own one or has pounded a few rounds with one.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:26 AM

I have the Pro-Series 2000 Light weight (fluted barrel) in a 300WM and am currently on my third stock. HS has replaced the stock both times now without a question and the wait time has only been about 10 days turnanround.
However, the rifle is very accurate and light, good for packing around the hills. I have been shooting 168 Barnes Tripple shocks and it seems to like them with max RL-15 load. Nice rifle overall the only thing I would like to see on these rifles is a floor plate option rather than the clip.
Anyway, that's my $0.02
Old 04-07-2008, 09:14 AM

Nice guns, but with the price you could build yourself a custom to your specs.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:01 PM

Default custom

The only problem with a custom rifle is the wait time to have the work done. I enquired about that possibility with Corlanes and they said at least a year before they could start. FS
Old 04-07-2008, 01:24 PM

Nice rifles... Seem a little over-priced to me though... I have my eye on one of their Proseries varmint rifles and it's a tough decision. If you like the action and the stock design, I guess it's a no-brainer, they have an excellent reputation for accuracy and the quality is excellent too.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:11 PM

Default H S Precision

ABduk

I have the varminter in the 204 Ruger and its a great shooting rifle. I really like the thumbhole stock that mine came with. FS
Old 04-08-2008, 02:05 PM

I would personally just go with a Custom built gun......several people can do it in a lot shorter than a year......

Corlanes is doing one for a friend that is running him about 6 months...and its for a FULL blown Custom...

Mitch Kendall worked on my gun...worth chattin with.....

I personally think there are better options out there for the price....
Old 04-08-2008, 03:49 PM

Buddy of mine has 3 HS rifles.
They are excellent and shoot very well.
Price is another story...
"I find it amazing that we, as a society, find it so easy to view the perpetrators of crime with an understanding and knowing that they are suffering from the frailties of being a human being yet we cannot seem to extend that same courtesy to the very people we ask to face, on a daily basis, the worst that mankind has to offer."
-Dave (Whiskey Wish)-
Old 04-08-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faststeel View Post
The only problem with a custom rifle is the wait time to have the work done. I enquired about that possibility with Corlanes and they said at least a year before they could start. FS
Rangesports Unlimited can have a custom made magazine rifle done in less than
3 months or less, especially if you supply the action!
We raffled off a precision rifle last year, from the time we ordered it to the time it was delivered was less than 2 months.

It was an RPA action with a 6.5/20X scope, custom fullly adjustable stock, with a hand made barrel in 308 win.

Total custom job, Sono***un owns it.
Price ws excellent, also.
Rangesports speciallizes in precision target rifles, but a hunter class rifle is no sweat for them either.
Anybody who has seen any of the Ruger No.1's or my Brownings shoot can attest to that!
Cat
Old 04-08-2008, 07:50 PM

Quote:
ABduk

I have the varminter in the 204 Ruger and its a great shooting rifle. I really like the thumbhole stock that mine came with. FS
The one I looked at is a .204, too. If I wasn't so broke (3 vacations in the next 2 months) and still have to pay for yet another customized Rem 700 ready shortly, it would not have been a hard decision at all...
Old 05-19-2008, 11:39 PM
Banned

Default Ruger no 1

Cat... tell me more about the ruger no 1 and how its shoots...

...Anybody who has seen any of the Ruger No.1's or my Brownings shoot can attest to that!

Capthook
Old 05-20-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Rangesports Unlimited 's timelines are much shorter than one year, far less than half that actually, which is why many of us up here use them.
Their rifles are used in World championships and win also, which is a nice thing to know.
Cat
Old 05-21-2008, 05:16 PM

I don't own one but I have heard from my gun shop owner that some models have feeding issues. Besides that, they are a lot of coin.